• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The most ridiculous thing about pre orders (ACCESS TO BETA TESTS)

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Everyone's talking about Conqueror's package and how small amount of things you can get from it but I feel like people forget about one, most important thing.

You've to pay much more money to get acceSs for one or all BETA TESTS. Isn't it ridiculous for you guys, I thought BETA tests are supposed to test things before official release to avoid major issues, bigger database of testers gives bigger chance to find more issues, in my experience in my journey with MMORPGS especially developers were trying to encourage people to test things and report issues before start. It doesn't make any sense for me, if they did this before official start it's just matter of time when this game will become pay 2 win like Archeage for example, seriously, beta tests should be accessible for everyone or at least for everyone who bought pre order (no matter what kind of pre-order it is). Seriously you have to pay much more to get access for BETA TESTS when game is not even with full content (only 6 classes), I don't care about cosmetic items included in pre orders, all I wanted to do is test things before start and report them and let others people do it to without paying double or triple price. Good job DAUM, now I see you just treat us like money pockets.

Edited by Enzo

Posted

train_6.jpg

Posted

From my understanding, you're not paying FOR access to it. You just also get access to it. 

They will probably still hand out beta keys, which is pretty standard. But if you purchase a pre-order, your in it without worrying about a key.

3 people like this

Posted

From my understanding, you're not paying FOR access to it. You just also get access to it. 

They will probably still hand out beta keys, which is pretty standard. But if you purchase a pre-order, your in it without worrying about a key.

It doesn't make sense to me anyway, BETA TESTS are supposed to test as many things as possible, with bigger population involved in it, there's a bigger chance to catch more issues.

Posted

It doesn't make sense to me anyway, BETA TESTS are supposed to test as many things as possible, with bigger population involved in it, there's a bigger chance to catch more issues.

Like I said, it's pretty standard to give keys out for beta, not just allow full access to everyone. 

Posted

So they get all the people from the beta keys they might hand out, AND people that get access from pre-ordering. 

So, assuming they might release free keys as well, what exactly is the issue? Most games have closed betas before open betas, this isn't new.

2 people like this

Posted

Keys will be given out for free as well. Don't sweat it.

You do not "pay" for Beta Access, you get them for free in addition to your pre-order. Beta access has no impact on the pre-order prices, their content does.

Posted

Beta tests have basically became intermediate time for devs to polish the game up. You have to remember, that this game has been launched in 3 other areas and been out for a good year now in KR, so it is pretty polished, minus the voices and localizations.

Posted (edited)

Like I said, it's pretty standard to give keys out for beta, not just allow full access to everyone. 

So they get all the people from the beta keys they might hand out, AND people that get access from pre-ordering. 

So, assuming they might release free keys as well, what exactly is the issue? Most games have closed betas before open betas, this isn't new.

Difference is that here you've to pay double price to get acces for 1 CBT when in other games you can get acces to all beta tests even with the smaller pre order package, biggers packages gives more items.

I'm not the type of guy who jerks off to pixel items, I wanted buy pre order only for beta tests - I was ready to pay even 50 euros (and I was expecting something like that, 30 euro for game like this is the only positive thing  but it's not about price for me but about DAUM's policy and I'm dissapointed about this move that they're not gonna let others people test things if they buy the smallest package of pre order.

For example in other games they're doing it like that:

Initiate Pack

€ 22.49 Gain access to all Closed Beta tests this fall

Disciple Pack

€ 69.99 Gain access to all Closed Beta tests this fall

Master Pack

€ 114.99 Gain access to all Closed Beta tests this fall

Edited by Enzo

Posted

Difference is that here you've to pay double price to get acces for 1 CBT when in other games you can get acces to all beta tests even with the smaller pre order package, biggers packages gives more items.

I'm not the type of guy who jerks off to pixel items, I wanted buy pre order only for beta tests - I was ready to pay even 50 euros - it's not about price for me but about DAUM's policy and I'm dissapointed about this move that they're not gonna let others people test things if they buy the smallest package of pre order.

For example in other games they're doing it like that:

Initiate Pack

€ 22.49 Gain access to all Closed Beta tests this fall

Disciple Pack

€ 69.99 Gain access to all Closed Beta tests this fall

Master Pack

€ 114.99 Gain access to all Closed Beta tests this fall

I think a bigger difference is you're also buying the game with BDO's packages. BandS is a f2p game. So while you're "getting more", you're actually paying a higher price.

BDO is what, for the game.. $30USD? So knock 30$ off of all the prices, and then compare what you get to BandS and see how you feel about that. 

Posted

The game is stable because it was already tested in Korea, Japan and Russia. The only things to test are translations and server stuff. They don't need to stress test their servers apparently and it's the only thing that would require more people to join beta tests. If you would like to test the game before buying it then you'll have to wait for some time after release when they will give everyone like 3 or 7 days to test a game freely without buying it. Although I can see, why are you angry, I think that head start is more ridiculous than access to beta/s because it gives people bigger advantage than being able to play through first 30-50 levels to gain some knowledge about game, grinding spots etc. And don't get me wrong, I support you because we should have an ability to test the game before buying it or be able to get a refund if we find out that for example game won't work on our PC.

Posted (edited)

I think a bigger difference is you're also buying the game with BDO's packages. BandS is a f2p game. So while you're "getting more", you're actually paying a higher price.

BDO is what, for the game.. $30USD? So knock 30$ off of all the prices, and then compare what you get to BandS and see how you feel about that. 

Seriously, just think about my question and answer, wouldn't it be better for you, me, community, game to let all people tests things, no matter which kind of pre order they bought? Just think about it, what's the point to put smallest package of pre order if you can't test game before official start anyway. Pre-order term in game means for me that I'll get access to test game before official start, even if you say game just need translation, but what if I don't want wait 5 months and I wanted to try game and decide if I'll play.

Edited by Enzo

Posted

Seriously, just think about my question and answer, wouldn't it be better for you, me, community, game to let all people tests things, no matter which kind of pre order they bought? Just think about it, what's the point to put smallest package of pre order if you can't test game before official start anyway. Pre-order term in game means for me that I'll get access to test game before official start.

You know the answer is that it is a pure marketing decision. They will make more money starting beta access with the mid tier pre-order. And we don't know how many CBT keys they will have to distribute for these tests, usually there is an abundance of keys and anyone who wants access will get it, pre-order or not. Easy way to boost money since people are impatient and will pre-order for beta access instead of waiting to see how beta keys are distributed for the events.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think you're being a debby downer there Enzo... just saying. Some people don't want to "test" things. They just want the game in it's finished state. Others want to experience more of the game sooner and go for larger packages. Just let it roll and buy the package you want.

2 people like this

Posted

Seriously, just think about my question and answer, wouldn't it be better for you, me, community, game to let all people tests things, no matter which kind of pre order they bought? Just think about it, what's the point to put smallest package of pre order if you can't test game before official start anyway. Pre-order term in game means for me that I'll get access to test game before official start, even if you say game just need translation, but what if I don't want wait 5 months and I wanted to try game and decide if I'll play.

If that's your argument then shouldn't you be just as upset at BandS, or any game, for charging anything for CBT? And not just having OBT. Open Beta Testing would allow all people to test, which is your argument, right?

Just think about it.

The 'point' of the smallest package is that people are still getting extra benefits for helping fund before launch, for the same price as the actual game itself.

Posted (edited)

edit: nvm i didnt scroll the page -_-"

Edited by Kyrie

Posted

Im not sure to have understood the packs in one thing...
is there some sort of headstart? Is there a wipe after CBT2?

edit: oh nvm, just read the FAQ: wipe at each CBT step... so there's no difference in start date for all the packs?

Well you get some coupons for stuff, tier 2 package gives you a horse. Reserve your family name, and character name, which might be useful to some people that choose ridiculously common names in their gaming. Then there ARE headstarts, lowest pack has a 24hr headstart, then 48 and 96 hours in the next two packs.

All in all, pretty worth it, imo. At least for the mid pack, which is what I plan on getting.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0