• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

harpoon Harpoon Fishing

Poll to try to estimate frequency/occurrence of harpoon fishing bug   35 votes

1. 1. How, if at all, has the bug mentioned in the thread affected you? If you haven't tried harpoon fishing yet, please don't vote - or better yet, go and try it and then vote!

• I have had no problems harpoon fishing
    • I have not been able to successfully harpoon fish at all
    • I had some success, but can no longer get it to work
    • I had some issues, but they went away / I managed to solve them (*Please reply in thread if you have any helpful suggestions*)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't see this having been posted in the bugs forum; would be great to get a response (@CM_Jouska @GM_Dew) as to whether this is a known issue and/or if there are any suggested fixes:

Multiple users have reported harpoon fishing working correctly, however many (myself included) have observed that they are able to start and complete the harpoon mini game, but are receiving no loot. The 'Success' message pops up, accompanied by the EXP+ combat text above the character, but no notification of the type of fish caught or loot window appear. Edit: Durability does decrease on the harpoon as well.

Possibly related: In open sea, it is hard/impossible to find 'deep' water. I am able to get the minimap icon to display it if I jump overboard and dive slightly beneath the surface, but not otherwise. When piloting a fishing boat, the 'shallow' water icon is shown, however when leaving the helm to commence fishing the terrain icon changes to either 'mid air' or 'rough terrain'. On certain areas of the boat, it is possible to get the 'shallow' icon to display by unequipping the fishing tool (harpoon) and doing a standing jump, however this does not seem to affect the outcome of the harpoon fishing mini game.

I'm not sure I can post and screenshots that would aid in troubleshooting, but can do it it will help.

Server: Alustin / Channel: Mediah A1 / Area: Sea of Nox / Affiliated Node: Invernen Island.

Edited by DkFox
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have read about others who have experienced this bug with no window popping up on a success while harpooning so no indication of fish or unable to loot them although I don;t have this issue myself.

Possibly the second point is related to the known bug related to collision not working correctly on the fishing boat as indicated in this thread with a CM response acknowledging this problem and also confirming it should be fixed in the next patch. But that was before the latest big patch (not 880MB download) ans it is still the same problem.

It can be seen in-game where previously you could stand on the wheel to avoid being shot off the boat, since the 22 June patch it is not possible as collision of this and the main mast and possibly other elements of the boat has collision off.

This causes the problem when taking control of your boat say in Velia wharf and the camera becoming buried inside all the boats and hard to steer out etc.

I had the icon showing mid-air before that patch and no sea as it should be. I think it is when the character gets glitched on the boat items and twitched for a while and fishing so it is not registering you are standing correctly/ repositioning and nearer the centre of the boat usually resolve it but not always.

No idea if this is related to the no window problem but it is a problem and needs addressing, as do both these issues.

Just to note I am using a Nvidia graphics card if that makes any difference for the missing window.

Edited by Moonraker

Posted (edited)

Seems to be fixed after trying just about everything under the Sun...

One mystery remains; what is this weird light that was bouncing all over the place when I moved (even when I had no equipment, costumes, pets, anything at all on):

b80snyH.jpg

Close-up:

Spirit_of_RNGesus.thumb.PNG.ee6d369d384c

Edited by DkFox

Posted

I have the same problem, but how did you "fix" it?  Please explain. 

Posted

I tried relogging, moving to different areas in the same 'sea' region and the neighboring one, I unequipped all equipment, accessories, costumes for my character and for my fishing boat, and checked in all pets. I switched channel (not just to a different 'region' name but also to the different numbered channel), tried fishing with a regular fishing rod. I also tried to force a file verification by deleting version.dat from the game file and opening the launcher - which also caused today's patch (whether it was just a preload or otherwise) to download. Then I jumped 23 times and sacrificed a Mansha to our lord and saviour Cthulhu whilst singing the Star Spangled Banner. Unfortunately I don't know exactly which step (if it wasn't just random coincidence) resolved the issue, but I was pretty relieved after scratching my head for the entire night and almost giving up (at the cost of not sleeping at all...).

Posted

Heh, i did everything you did today and it still doesn't work.  I put in a ticket but they haven't responded yet.  Please fix!

1 person likes this

Posted

Same problem here.

Posted

Today i reached the level for harpoon fishing.

I have the same problem, minigame pop up i can bring the bar down to 0 and the message "succes" appear and then.......nothing..... -.-

no loot window

1 person likes this

Posted

I have the same problem too :(

Posted

Thank you for reporting this to us. I have forwarded it to our QA team.

If you find any additional information about this, or can provide more screenshots or a video, please post it here as well.

Best regards,
GM Dew

2 people like this

Posted

so i tried out harpooning today and this was happening still..

Posted

I also am having the same issue, of winning the mini game, yet no loot, over and over again. When I asked about this in chat, a few others responded that they too had the same issue, but give up. so please help us get it fixed!

I added a screenshot in hopes of showing location of my issue.

Thank you

2016-07-15_162593456.JPG

Posted

Was anyone able to find a way around this?

Posted

Today i have tried to fish with harpoon---

I have the same problem, minigame pop up i can bring the bar down to 0 and the message "succes" appear and then.......nothing..... -.-

no loot window

Posted

Yes, this is still a problem for a lot of people. I don't know how it works for so many people but just wont work for us...

Posted

I have the same problem here. After minigame and succes fishing, nothing........

PLEASE FIX IT, it´s more difficult to level up fishing without Harpoon fishing.....

Posted

On the one hand I´m glad that this "no loot window appears" is a thing that happens to some more people and not only me and on the other hand I´m really disappointed that this bug exist AND seems to do not get any attention by Publisher or Devteam. Please help all further fishers and make them aware of the bug so that we find a solution for this wiered thing.  

Posted (edited)

Same here.

Takes away a big point of the whole feature. 

So publishers...  Are we just pretending it's raining like usual?

Edited by Morre
1 person likes this

Posted

There's no option for "I've never bothered to Harpoon fish"

Posted

That's because that option is IMPOSSIBRU!

Posted

Still waiting for a fix.

Posted

Still waiting.

Posted (edited)

getting this issue today.

I just left my boat at the harpooning hotspot and swam to the nearest shore and climbed up a rock.  Logged out of the game completely and I am logging back in now (tried a "/reloadui" first, no change).

in boat=mid air

on prow=rough terrain

jump in the water=deep sea (while underwater)

swimming=shallow water

spawned same spot, same channel, rough terrain on the rock, swamp out, still shallow water, climbed on boat, still shallow water until I move.  after I move once on the boat, it goes back to the same (mid air)

3 screenshots, one of fishing, one of harpooning.  I'd like to also note, I caught a rio medal, but no fish on one attempt and I am not increasing in EXP even though the floating text appears.  The last one shows me getting a rio medal and no fish (i had to reduce the size of this to upload it here)

fishing-bug1.PNG

fishing-bug2.PNG

fishing-bug3.PNG

Edited by finndo

Posted (edited)

getting this issue today.

I just left my boat at the harpooning hotspot and swam to the nearest shore and climbed up a rock.  Logged out of the game completely and I am logging back in now (tried a "/reloadui" first, no change).

in boat=mid air

on prow=rough terrain

jump in the water=deep sea (while underwater)

swimming=shallow water

spawned same spot, same channel, rough terrain on the rock, swamp out, still shallow water, climbed on boat, still shallow water until I move.  after I move once on the boat, it goes back to the same (mid air)

3 screenshots, one of fishing, one of harpooning.  I'd like to also note, I caught a rio medal, but no fish on one attempt and I am not increasing in EXP even though the floating text appears.  The last one shows me getting a rio medal and no fish (i had to reduce the size of this to upload it here)

fishing-bug1.PNG

fishing-bug2.PNG

fishing-bug3.PNG

I noticed this too... harpoon fishing still doesn't work either.. im not even getting the minigame idk how you are.

Edited by azurray

Posted

i'll try again either sunday or monday when I have time to take my boat out a bit and verify if it is still an issue