• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The corrupted Issue Compare results?

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just looking for a Fix to try:

I submitted a ticket regarding this same issue and this is what I was told to do:

To attempt a repair you just need to do the following.

• Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online)
  • Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck
  • Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files

DO NOT START THE GAME YET!

Close the launcher.

Edit version.dat to say 145 (Open the file, check the number and if it's not 145, change it to 145.)

Start the launcher and play the game.

It worked and I am not longer getting the error!

This has been used on multipul PC's with ruffly the same issue mediah corupting the log in after a "fix" by Daum/reddit & worked so far no issues:uninstall BDO.
Deleted the [Drive it was installed on]: Black desert folder

Delete C:\Users\[Log In Name\AppData\Local\BlackDesertOnline (turn on show hidden)
Delete the My Document folder
Reinstall via launcher.

No ones tried just deleting the My Documents folder & .BDO/Logs folder yet tho. might be a shorter fix if that works?
It oddly seems the my documents folder seems to be part of the issue, but if you dont delete it, it doesnt work, from tests i did.

I know there is another thread titled this, but deleting version.dat and repatching (or even fully reinstalling the game) didn't fix the issue for me, or for many others.  Through a thread on Reddit, I've managed to actually fix my client so I can play.  I was erroring out with the corrupt file error message immediately upon entering the game.  Here's the Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4pcrg5/fix_for_corrupted_file_on_game_load/

And here's the fix.  I'm sorry in advanced that you won't like it.

1) When you crash, go to your Black Desert folder and go to the Logs folder.  Find and open the most recent Client log (i.e. Client_XXXXXXXXXX.log with the most recent timestamp)

2) Search for "PAD" near the bottom.  You will find a line that reads something like this (this is mine: "Error!=>패키지 압축해제시 오류 발생했습니다: e:/blackdesert/Paz/PAD00118.PAZ"

So, there you have the corrupt file.  For me it was PAD00118.PAZ. Here's the part you won't like:

3) There seems to be NOTHING you can do to get it to download a working version of that file.  I have no idea why, but no amount of patching, re-patching or reinstalling fixed it.  So, the actual fix?  Find someone to send you a working version.  I had a guildmate send me it and it works.  Just delete the corrupted file in the Paz folder and replace it with the working version your friend sends you.

I think it's worth noting that I'm really disappointed in not receiving any kind of messages or help from the developers on this issue.  Not a word, from what I've seen.  Just players scrambling to try to figure it out and solve it.  I don't find that acceptable, guys.  I really don't.
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/96037-the-actual-solution-to-the-corrupt-file-problem-from-june-22nd/

Issues & testing:
Issue has been here since the 18th June, BDO Claimed it was fixed & it never was & has only been getting worse & affecting more PC's Since, most noticeably since the June 22nd patch
https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/743826354131468288

BlackDesertOnlineSetup_20160228_1005 - set up via Internet, once is downloads & starts new patch it fails at PAD00017.paz Every time, brings up corrupted file message re-checks, then PAD03767 Always the issue. 144 & 146

BlackDesertOnlineSetup_20160228_1005 - set up, use the PAD03767.PAZ off a "working" friends PC by replacing it During the "new" patch (only way it works), you can log in & play until you get to certain parts of the map (TARIF city Mediah in my case) then the server corrupts the file - yes same file name.
Once you log in It'll corrupt at certain parts of the map, or as you try logging in if you are already at that part of the map, in my case TARIF city Mediah. (once you get to the loading screen with the image of the map, it'll corrupt them)

BlackDesertOnlineSetup_20160228_1005 - Then using https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205745342-Downloading-Black-Desert-Online (http://akamai-gamecdn.blackdesertonline.com/live001/game/download/021/BlackDesertOnline143.bcab)
Note the 143. Using this method patch always Fails at PAD03767.PAZ.

Here is a list of the 3 PC's i have tried & ended up with the same error. & there hardware (You might notice the Sabertooth i tried multiple ram & hard drives, obviously not all at once)
Intel Skylake Core i7-6700, Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H MB, Kingston DDR4 8GB RAM, WD 1TB Blue SATA3 HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Asus Delxue 3.0/1 x99, 5960x, 32gb g.skillz 2666mhz ddr4 ram, m.2 AHCI 3.0, windows 10 64bit.

Asus Sabertooth x99, 5930k, 32gb g.skillz 2400mhz (new)/16gb corsair 3000mhz (old tested working), m.2 NVMe/ssd 250gb/ssd 480gb, windows 10 64bit

Ram &  Hard drive scans passed.

Players who didn't get corrupted files on the 18th of June seem to not be affected BUT!! when they enter certain parts of the map they have also been affected, in some cases i read they have had issues with other PAZ files than the one i mention from Refresh install since 18th of July.

I did actually manage to try a Older BDO installer before windows reinstall. unfortunately i don't have the installers number but it was the one from CBT2 or release - This also had the same issue mentioned above would patch the game, do a second patch, then a 3rd patch would corrupt at file: PAD03767.PAZ.

100% certain & safe to say confirmed Issue is with black desert & the server.

Players keep a Track of how much loyalty & scrolls you have missed out on. Push for reimbursement dont settle for anything less as its nothing your end..
Contact them through Zendesk - will take weeks to reply. Also push for it on forums, Myself i was lucky enough to log in everyday, i feel bad for those that couldn't hence the menchion of this!
https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Update as i post this
sometimes corupts during patch, sometimes doesn't.
Uninstalled BDO Via control Panel, Then go to your installed folder > delete the left overs.
Go to C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\ > Delete BlackDesertOnline folder - Note you will need to turn on hidden items to find it.
Go to My Documents folder & delete: Black Desert - Yes you will lose all your precious custom saved settings sorry & have to re-do them.
Now BlackDesertOnlineSetup_20160228_1005 (https://www.blackdesertonline.com/ - under account next to package), Install. (yay 2-20hour download time... thanks Duam & BDO),  it'll hang at the same point menchioned above but keep patching no issues. If it keeps patching your fine & set to play!

Currently no issues since doing that.
Will update as everyday since the 18th that i have managed to get on its been a few hours before it corrupted me/certain parts of the map.

Forgot to say This only worked As of Today after a few fails, did the same thing with the folders (except my docs) yesterday & it wasnt until i did all the folder + my Docs that it worked. So if you want to try just deleting the My Docs folder + logs folder & try. let me know how it goes?

So the Sabertooth has been logged in for an hour no issues since doing as i said above.
The Deluxe i was in a process of installing BDO after a windows 10 Reset/refresh - full clearing of files, updated windows/drivers, Did not copy my old My Doc's folder like you usually do. Installed BDO no issues as yet.
The Skylake, i did the same process of removing those folders & installing BDO fresh. NOTE removing the old My Docs bdo folder. No issues as yet.

I also cheaked the skylake PC's Regedit after BDO uninstall, for Black desert, blackdesert, BDO only 4 things popped up which are not an issue.-For anyone whos been wondering about it.

Edited by prymortal
1 person likes this

Posted

I hope there will be a fix that doesn't involve uninstalling and reinstalling everything! But I too am having this issue and I have done many different things to fix it but nothing seems to have worked yet :/

Posted (edited)

Players keep a Track of how much loyalty & scrolls you have missed out on. Push for reimbursement dont settle for anything less as its nothing your end..
Contact them through Zendesk - will take weeks to reply. Also push for it on forums, Myself i was lucky enough to log in everyday, i feel bad for those that couldn't hence the menchion of this!
https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Edited by prymortal

Posted

I submitted a ticket regarding this same issue and this is what I was told to do:

To attempt a repair you just need to do the following.

• Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online)
  • Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck
  • Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files

DO NOT START THE GAME YET!

Close the launcher.

Edit version.dat to say 145 (Open the file, check the number and if it's not 145, change it to 145.)

Start the launcher and play the game.

It worked and I am not longer getting the error!

Posted

I got the same response, to edit version to 145. After editing version to 145, I get a corrupted file before the patch could even hit 10%. Before, I can just long in but not onto one character (my main) because the entire front entrance of Altinova caused me to crash and get a corrupted file warning (ran an alt into the Altinova entrance and crashed with the same warning). 

Posted

same both chars at teh entrance of altinova are not able to login but i can start a new char with out any issues 

Posted (edited)

I got the same response, to edit version to 145. After editing version to 145, I get a corrupted file before the patch could even hit 10%. Before, I can just long in but not onto one character (my main) because the entire front entrance of Altinova caused me to crash and get a corrupted file warning (ran an alt into the Altinova entrance and crashed with the same warning). 

This has been used on multipul PC's with ruffly the same issue mediah corupting the log in after a "fix" by Daum/reddit & worked so far no issues:
uninstall BDO.
Deleted the [Drive it was installed on]: Black desert folder

Delete C:\Users\[Log In Name\AppData\Local\BlackDesertOnline (turn on show hidden)
Delete the My Document folder
Reinstall via launcher.

No ones tried just deleting the My Documents folder & .BDO/Logs folder yet tho. might be a shorter fix if that works?
It oddly seems the my documents folder seems to be part of the issue, but if you dont delete it, it doesnt work, from tests i did.

Edited by prymortal

Posted

I only see version.dat, I don't see any files that has a number. Are you saying to rename version.dat to 145.dat?

Posted (edited)

I only see version.dat, I don't see any files that has a number. Are you saying to rename version.dat to 145.dat?

thats the file, Open in notepad, just type in the number & save

Edited by prymortal

Posted (edited)

Renaming version.dat to config.filecheck doesn't work. Trying the 145 thing after I get the version.dat file to appearing after going through the reinstall. This is so frustrating, 3.5 hour before I miss my first reset. Have to wait about 20min to try every fix.

thats the file, Open in notepad, just type in the number & save

So not renaming, but changing file content?

Edited by Chiheng

Posted

Renaming version.dat to config.filecheck doesn't work. Trying the 145 thing after I get the version.dat file to appearing after going through the reinstall. This is so frustrating, 3.5 hour before I miss my first reset. Have to wait about 20min to try every fix.

If that doesnt work Want to try this for me & let me know if it works?

Deleting the My Documents folder & Blackdesertonline/Logs folder + the version.dat/config.filecheck files.
Failing this theres uninstall/reinstall i moved to the first post thats worked everytime so far......

Posted

I opened version.dat and it already says 145...

Retyped 145 just to try and doesn't work so now trying deleting everything from program files, documents and appdata.

Back from a complete full reinstall after deleting everything, same problem. https://gyazo.com/c378fe99c1375107159ad9a797fcc612

Posted

I opened version.dat and it already says 145...

Retyped 145 just to try and doesn't work so now trying deleting everything from program files, documents and appdata.

Back from a complete full reinstall after deleting everything, same problem. https://gyazo.com/c378fe99c1375107159ad9a797fcc612

I get the same thing. It's a never ending loop of repairs.

Posted (edited)

So not renaming, but changing file content?

Thats sucks, we have fixed about 20 players PC's including the 3 here via that method. Only 1 player had to a corupt issue pop up but he let it file cheak & it worked second time. Unfortunately until i get  the issue on 1 of these again i can't look into it further.
Out of curiosity what installer version did you use to reinstall?

Also i notice the current Version as i type this is 149 not 145, wonder if that will help?

GM list - message one of them: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/staff/
Failing that Get the GM to update this to 149, it is currently set to 143. https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205745342-Downloading-Black-Desert-Online
Which they should of updated each patch going forward. its sad that a GM hasnt done there job keeping that up to date, As it'd be the easy quick fix since this issue started!

Edited by prymortal

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0