• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fishing Nerf

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This nerf has made fishing go from enjoyable to almost pointless and no fun.

Before I would get around 8 fish Grunt (20k), MaoMao (5k), John Dory (5k), Blue Tang, Mudskipper, Beltfish, Rockfish and Sandeel plus Crystal Shard. (Possibly more)

Each area seemed to vary and you could fill up the fish guide and I assumed the missing one's would be out at sea being more expensive and more abundant spots which would reward someone for making a boat.

Now the Olvia Coast and Velia are netting two fish?? Mackerel and Beltfish both worth around 2.5k.  These are almost worthless there isn't really any point to afk fishing around the coasts now as you get hardly any silver and the lack of variety is boring and I don't see how you will fill up your fishing guide from this.  If your answer is to get a boat and go out into sea can you not see the problem with this solution? Firstly we have had to many month's with way more fish avaliable and way more profit, also it makes coast fishing so bad it may as well be taken out of the game and just have people go out to sea.  The only possible outcome of a good fish at the coast is now to get a crystal shard but this is rare as I could go though a full steel rod without one and it's just not fun.

What is the reasoning behind this nerf?

@CM_Jouska

Edited by Lust69

Posted

Hotspots change.

Posted (edited)

Hi

I agree sort of, I'm still fishing on the coast and I'm averaging about 300,000 silver per session without shards.

But i'm averaging at least one shard per session and sometimes as many as 3.

That means that I'm averaging at least 600,000 to 700,000 silver per session.

Not anything close to what I used to do, (my highest was 1,753,000 in one session) but at least it's still worth it, however a session now lasts about 4 to 5 hours so it uses up almost a complete pole every time, I was able to do 2 to 3 sessions on one pole before.

What bugs me is that I leveled my Fisher to Artisan 4 and I don't see any improvement at all in my fishing success or what I'm collecting.

I'm lucky to get 5 Gold fish now, some blue and a few green.

I could do that when I was a beginner.

As to Hot Spots, I've spent a lot of time riding along the coast and looking in other areas and I haven't found one yet.

They say that you will see circling gulls buy I haven't found that anyplace.

Nor have I found a bunch of people fishing together anyplace.

If they are going to move them they need to have some kind of indication, there's too much coast to just try at random hoping to hit something.

Mike

Edited by Mike Hawthorne
2 people like this

Posted

Go to Ilya, Fish from the docks or a boat near the docks. Most of the time blue and yellow, with some shards.

Make sure you have fishing speed +5 to get the most from your trip, and enough rods to last a session. Throw away anything that is not blue except the shards. Steel fishing rods work well in that area

Posted

maybe its our job to figure out where the fish are going. you know kind of like how real people have done it for centuries. maybe the hotspots dont change randomly. ,maybe there is a pattern and we just have to figure it out.

1 person likes this

Posted

As to Hot Spots, I've spent a lot of time riding along the coast and looking in other areas and I haven't found one yet.

The problem with hotspot is that you are not given a lot of time to take advantage of it and that it's way too random.  They should give you clues like which direction the seagulls flew off to for the next one.  I was sailing back from pirate island last night found one near there, and didn't come across the next one till I was back near Velia.

Hot spots have more than seagulls flying over it, the fish are literally jumping out of the water which makes no sense for you to stick a rod in.  They should've made it so when you find a hotspot, you can cast nets and pull in multiple fish.

Posted

before fishing changed i master master 18 97% since fishing changed im master 18 97% it was alrdy half the money that korea got from fishing and now they made it even worse.... no point i can just do anything else xD

Posted

What bugs me is that I leveled my Fisher to Artisan 4 and I don't see any improvement at all in my fishing success or what I'm collecting.

Exactly!

Fishing profession does not seem to affect anything? (except for the ability to use certain fishing rods)

Posted

Some people fail to see the point of this thread.  I should not have to move or do anything.  Olvia and Velia are broken.  They need fixing.

It's actually nothing to do with hotspots, I wasn't in a hotspot in Olvia coast for two months and Velia has always netted more fish than two??

I'm getting TWO fish worth 2k barely over the "Throw away useless items during auto-fish".  I would usually throw 2k fish before for the last three months as you could get probably up to TEN different fish.  Even just for the pleasure of catching random fish, it needs changing back.

I hope this is more clear.

Posted

I'm not going to be too mean, but you guys totally miss the point of this change.

Sure you have to be "active" now to reap the full rewards, but people are just to lazy.

Get your ass out on the ocean and afk fish instead of stupid docs and such. Just pick a random spot and sure you will catch junk, but you will also catch golds and shards.

Now the true way to make money is hunting for hot spots. I have spent about 3 days active fishing each about 2-3 hours long. I had about 15 triple float rods saved up too.

I am able to fill up over 100 inventory slots with mainly gold fish now netting me over 5 million a full inventory in about 2-3 hours of active fishing.

Also, I have caught a whopping 7 Coale in one session. Which is more that I would catch afk fishing in a month sometimes.

Problem with this change is how they spoiled us with afk fishing before.  It's like leaving a cookie jar that is always full open and telling you to eat as many cookies whenever you want, than all of a sudden, out of nowhere, I close up that cookie jar and make you do chores for cookies now.

1 person likes this

Posted

There are certainly still static hotspots. We just need to find them. I have not checked the entire coast yet, but Velia is still good for me.

As someone else suggested, Iliya is pretty good as well.

But if you have a boat, there are some areas out at sea that will give you a good haul.

Posted

I'm not going to be too mean, but you guys totally miss the point of this change.

Sure you have to be "active" now to reap the full rewards, but people are just to lazy.

Get your ass out on the ocean and afk fish instead of stupid docs and such. Just pick a random spot and sure you will catch junk, but you will also catch golds and shards.

Now the true way to make money is hunting for hot spots. I have spent about 3 days active fishing each about 2-3 hours long. I had about 15 triple float rods saved up too.

I am able to fill up over 100 inventory slots with mainly gold fish now netting me over 5 million a full inventory in about 2-3 hours of active fishing.

Also, I have caught a whopping 7 Coale in one session. Which is more that I would catch afk fishing in a month sometimes.

Problem with this change is how they spoiled us with afk fishing before.  It's like leaving a cookie jar that is always full open and telling you to eat as many cookies whenever you want, than all of a sudden, out of nowhere, I close up that cookie jar and make you do chores for cookies now.

What if they made it so at Velia dock, you caught nothing but fish bones and seaweed and no crystals?

Would you still say "people are just to lazy" you shouldn't be at the docks you should build a boat, you should find hotspots.

I would ask you why is fishing even avaliable at the coast and docks.  This is basically the situation right now apart from getting crystals, but part of the enjoyment of fishing was to catch "fish" and have a variety.

If they had left all the fish in but lowered the prices I wouldn't have minded.  It's broken.

Posted

Nerf my ass. Learn to spot the hotspots (and be lucky) and you'll earn way more than you did before. 

Posted

get a harpoon

Posted

There is more variety in fish caught at a single spot. The loot tables are slightly more expanded. Of course it is all RNG and I may not have caught every single fish at a spot with the old loot table, but my limited experience is showing more different sorts of fish.

The benefit we used to have with the fishing profession is slower rod durability loss. This appears to no longer be the case. However, you will see more hotspots around as you gain higher levels in Fishing.

The fishing income is not what it used to be, but the roving hotspots allow you to supplement your AFK income to Mediah 2 levels by spending a few more minutes. Even a hotspot near a coast should get you a Coelocanth or two (3-4 with the triple float rod, which you should save exclusively for roving hotspots). It doesn't take many Coelocanths to make up for the junk you catch. My experience has been about 10-25 items of junk a night. That's at worst 3 rows of fish. You would just need 2-3 Coelocanths to compensate, and that's not a significant time investment.

One thing I haven't tested to exhaustion about the recent change is whether Mediah Rods and Maple Floats may be relevant again. I AFK fish with a maple float on now at all times. You can try it too. Requirement for this fishing off-hand is Apprentice 1.

Posted

What if they made it so at Velia dock, you caught nothing but fish bones and seaweed and no crystals?

Would you still say "people are just to lazy" you shouldn't be at the docks you should build a boat, you should find hotspots.

I would ask you why is fishing even avaliable at the coast and docks.  This is basically the situation right now apart from getting crystals, but part of the enjoyment of fishing was to catch "fish" and have a variety.

If they had left all the fish in but lowered the prices I wouldn't have minded.  It's broken.

there are hot spots at lakes and rivers. You guys were just afk fishing the easy way.  It was ridiculous how much money you can make afk fishing before.

My friend afk fished streams this week and got enough crystal shards for 9 freaking scrolls.  So ya big nerf there! 

Posted

My profit from AFK fishing has dropped by around 25% but my profits from active fishing has increased by over 50%.  I'm fishing off the Olvia Coast from a boat and haven't caught one single Mackerel or Beltfish since the recent change.  In fact out of every 90 fish I catch, outside of the hotspots, only about 12 are lower than blue level fish.  As for variety just yesterday alone I caught 13 different kinds of fish (in and outside hotspots) all from the Olvia Coast (fishing from a boat).

I don't have a problem with the recent change.  Overall I feel that this change was a boost to fishing not a nerf.  People just need to adapt and move on.

Posted

This nerf has made fishing go from enjoyable to almost pointless and no fun.

Before I would get around 8 fish Grunt (20k), MaoMao (5k), John Dory (5k), Blue Tang, Mudskipper, Beltfish, Rockfish and Sandeel plus Crystal Shard. (Possibly more)

Each area seemed to vary and you could fill up the fish guide and I assumed the missing one's would be out at sea being more expensive and more abundant spots which would reward someone for making a boat.

Now the Olvia Coast and Velia are netting two fish?? Mackerel and Beltfish both worth around 2.5k.  These are almost worthless there isn't really any point to afk fishing around the coasts now as you get hardly any silver and the lack of variety is boring and I don't see how you will fill up your fishing guide from this.  If your answer is to get a boat and go out into sea can you not see the problem with this solution? Firstly we have had to many month's with way more fish avaliable and way more profit, also it makes coast fishing so bad it may as well be taken out of the game and just have people go out to sea.  The only possible outcome of a good fish at the coast is now to get a crystal shard but this is rare as I could go though a full steel rod without one and it's just not fun.

What is the reasoning behind this nerf?

@CM_Jouska

Maybe they actually want you to play the game or being active instead of afk money making. I think that was good change, fishing was too profitable for something you can do leaving your computer on.

Posted (edited)

maybe its our job to figure out where the fish are going. you know kind of like how real people have done it for centuries. maybe the hotspots dont change randomly. ,maybe there is a pattern and we just have to figure it out.

KR fishers seemed to have found that hotspots appear on a set route, but where they appear on the route is random.

Or, some fish hotspot can appear at certain area more often.

Very few fishers in KR seem to be sharing these.

Source 1 : http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4346&l=5521

Source 2 : http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=3584&l=23440

Edited by Shumie

Posted (edited)

It took me about 10 minutes to find my first dynamic hotspot, you gotta keep your eyes open and keep on looking for movements over the water. Not sure whether they even exist close to the coast in the first place, have yet to put enough time and research into it myself.
Once you find one I can assure you that it will be worth the time since you will only be getting gold fish, or atleast that's what I've been getting so far. 

Here's a picture I took a few days ago so you can get a hint of what it looks like, unfortunately I did not get much of the seagulls into the picture, if anything this can be seen as a proof of them actually existing. (Also don't mind the weird minigame input, this was my first time going fishing since I plugged in my gamepad) 

30bd6512c9fa1484e666c54bb3af9edd.png

Edited by Sweeziee

Posted

Exactly!
Fishing profession does not seem to affect anything? (except for the ability to use certain fishing rods)

It actually effects your ability to see and use gold spots now.

It actually has a purpose other than locking you out of fishing gear post change.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0