• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

File Corrupted! Yes I know, I know

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

At this point I feel like I'm beating on a dead bush but here goes nothing. 

With the latest patch the game has been rather annoying to me. At first I couldn't even launch the game, but later on that was fixed with the follow-up patch and everything was fine until the other patch. Now I don't know how many patches they've actually released but I feel like I'm playing Patch Download Simulator, not that it's bad that they update the game frequently but they should at least be stable patches. 

Now to the current issue. The game launches, I select my character and get loaded into the world, I play for a bit and out of nowhere I get prompted with a pop-up that's titled "Corrupt File!" and I get to click OK and it automatically closes the game. Sometimes it happens as soon as I get loaded into the world. 

I've already tried deleting the version.dat file and renaming it to config.filecheck as well as reinstalling the launcher. Though it seems like a patch related issue if anyone knows anything please let me know, I'm tired and my fish are all rottened by now anyway. 

Ps. I never got to trade my fish in because when I logged in and went to the trader it'd say I had to wait 10min to use the trading feature and the game would crash before the 10min would pass. Imagine the frustration... 

Edited by Kokusa
Missing info

Posted

I am getting the same exact thing when I try loading my game in loading screen. I even tried sending tickets to the GM and the GM tried to help me but nothing worked. This bug is getting freaking annoying by the fact that I spend over $90 for this game and 100+ hours on just one character that I cant login into. I really want this bug fixed right now, I cant even play with my guild mates that might kick me if I don't login.

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't been able to play since June 22nd because regardless of what I have tried I keep getting corrupted file message pop up. When there was a 50mb patch it was at 95%, when i had an 850mb patch it was at 5%, and now I have a 1.7GB patch and I get the corrupted file pop up 2% into the download. I sent in a ticket and I haven't received a response yet. And like @OuterOcean6 I have over 100+ hours on my main and not being able to play for about a week is more than frustrating. Thankfully I have had contact with my guild officers and they know whats going on, so I have some breathing room before I get G-Kicked...

1 person likes this

Posted

I lost all my fish thanks to this. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Posted

Please try the following to resolve the issue:

• Make sure you have enough free disk space on your HDD/SSD (30-40gb for installer - another 30-40gb for the client)
  • Delete the UserCache folder in "Documents" -> "Black Desert"
  • Delete the Cache folder in your game installation folder.
  • Delete the service.ini in your game installation folder.

To attempt a repair you just need to do the following.

• Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online)
  • Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck
  • Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files

Please note that, it's may (re)download a massive amount of data.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted (edited)

• Make sure you have enough free disk space on your HDD/SSD (30-40gb for installer - another 30-40gb for the client)

• Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online)

Best regards,
GM Dew

Seriously this happens EVERY patch. EVERY patch. This should be something you guys address. Ive not been able to login for a couple of days thanks to this issue. It seems like every Patch this is required of the community and that should not be the case. Your Config File Check doesn't work. Fix it! 3-4 months into the games life cycle and this is still a huge issue for the player base. I am sure that is what my ISP wants to see my IP downloading 30+ GB of data over and over. I feel for those on restricted data limits.

BTW NO this did not work!

Best regards,
GM De

Edited by Darkseid

Posted

I did the file repair instructions and it worked.

Posted

with this and other similar issues , they have proven they actually dont know what the actual problem is or how to fix it. literally had a response in a ticket along the lines of "we are sorry we are unable to help you with this issue" regarding game crashes.

Posted

with this and other similar issues , they have proven they actually dont know what the actual problem is or how to fix it. literally had a response in a ticket along the lines of "we are sorry we are unable to help you with this issue" regarding game crashes.

This last patch fixed my game. 

Posted

This last patch fixed my game. 

as happy as i'd be to believe that , im skeptical that its ''fixed'' and im also skeptical that even if it is ''fixed'' that it'll stay that way.  the valencia patch already reintroduced other issues.

Posted

Tried the solution and still have the white screen ..... did not work.

Please fix this issue.