• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Crash course, Tamer!

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm making this because of the spam of messages. I EXPECT other strong tamer's to also throw in their information!

Gear Section

Top End Gear: Liverto/Kzarka, krea offhand (if you need it) with 2 black spirit crystals for pvp/needle for pve, Full Grunil, Heve if you care about set effects because you generally replace random pieces as you obtain boss gear, Witch's Earrings/Blue Whale Molar, Mark of Shadow/Crescent Ring, either Ancient seal set for amulet/belt or ogre/tree spirit belt/basilisk belt.

Mediocre Gear: Yuria works fine for a lot of monsters that tamer are great at farming (Elrics, helms, sausan, Abandoned Monastery). Needle, worry about a krea when u are more affluent. 4 piece grunil/heve, possible option of boots/armor zereth for stamina if you feel like you need it. Witch's, Red coral rings, shultz belt, scarla necklace are all good pieces to jump into the class with that are cheap/easily obtained. 

Skill Breakdown

http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/beastmaster/26949

This is the skill tree I currently have, Here I am going to explain the use of EVERY skill and WHY I have it.

Lmb- Its free

Grab(e)- Allows you to KD a target after they have been stunned.

Legendary Beast Power- Your Super Armor frame. use it, spam it, it is your friend. Also an amazing animation cancel.

Tree Climb- I use this when overweight (150%+) and im trying to get somewhere like a warehouse npc from armor shop in tarif and im too lazy to summon heilang and ride him.

Evasive Attack- Good filler, you can animation cancel it but for the majority once you are higher level you use scratch. I don't recommend maxing it based on its accuracy nerf at higher ranks until you have bheg's gloves or an offhand accuracy weapon. 

Flurry of sucks- It sucks

Stretch Kick- the second burst of it doesn't do much damage, can use for RNG KD if grab was recently used.

Summon Heilang- Your a tamer. You used beast. Beast can also jump off cliffs and poof away and you take zero fall damage. 

Absorb Heilang- Get this once you have most of your other abilities, I use it while im rotating pirates solo whenever its up because at max rank it shreds monsters, it is also very useful in PVP just be wary of CD's. And it is great for boss killing combod with frenzy elixir and Z for 60 ap, a minute of "wtf hits harder than sorc" mode.

Flash Tree- Its good, lots of crits, stiffens in pvp, restores mana in large monster density (sausans, pirates), has no DPS penalty in pvp on any of the skills so its scaling is pretty strong, the range of the initial flash is rather far away so even if you Flash and stiffen a target and they are about a LBP away, well use LBP. Can also vacuum monsters towards tamer.

Bolt Jolt- Cookie Cutter Combo. Animation cancels a lot of abilities, can be animation canceled by LBP by tapping space while holding Shift, W, Lmb. 

Whiplash- Cookie Cutter Combo for KD'd targets. Just bring mana potions if you don't have the mana on hit awakening for this attack. 

Void Lightning- Cookie Cutter Combo for Stiffening Targets/grouping mobs. Can animation cancel with bolt(can be on cooldown) or fearful trembling (if void is off cooldown), there is a time where you can animation cancel with bolt and then WW and bring your heilang's combo towards wherever you stop. Frontal block spell is awesome too.

Throat Burn- Most tamers say "nah nah nah mate" But imo, the skill has use. Disengage! It knocks you back a little bit and KB the target. It's very very situational, not used in PVE.

Trample- Good filler, can KD a stiffened target, sometimes. -9% accuracy for melee attacks.

Lightning of Earth- Strong burst in PVP, can be animation canceled at the end with quite a few abilities, flash being a personal favorite, dunno why. This ability also out DPS's a whiplash, however I suggest doing Grab into Whiplashx1 into LoE into Flash, for me it works very well, there are other more advance combos available as well.

Surging Tide- Not a PVE move unless you need guard or want to reset heilang to your position and cancel with WW, PVP dps is very strong combod with a down attack elixir and provides frontal block just like Void Lightning.

Upward Claw- Very strong ability in PVP, no reduced damage in pvp. Not really used often, its a filler/animation cancel and if the flow ability for this skill is not working I suggest you max upward claw and use the key combos, a hotkey will prevent the flow ability.

Scratch- Very strong strafe/dps in pvp is good, can animation cancel with many abilities. Get the Flow ability so you can WW Rmb. Scratch Stiffens!

Fearful Trembling- Good AoE ability when farming because it gives a slight heal per hit on large packs, can be used to animation cancel void lightning (if void lightning is off cooldown) while on top of a target to help ensure a CC chain. Also can be used on a large pack in GvG to lock down a bunch of targets. Lvl it up for reduced CD on the Stun by 1 second each level. Dps on it is horrid.

Heilang Roaring- Good filler if out of stamina in PVE, and great to level up when low lvl because it deals tons of damage and you probably don't have all of your cookie cutter set maxed/practiced.

Z- 30 ap as mentioned.

Crystals

I run Evasion +5x2 in Helmet (HP+50 is good too), Cobelinusx2 in armor, Attack speed +2 x2 in gloves, Movement speed +2, RBF Adamantine in boots, RBF Power x2 in Weapon. Needle crit damage level +1, krea 2 BS.

Shoot for max attack speed/some crit level increase, because of some of the new awakening skill addons having high crit isn't really required however having max attack speed is. There are more expensive yet beneficial crystals with a recent patch that provide more expensive alternatives to our current setups. If you can use these and not cringe on price then I am assuming you know a little bit about what you want out of your crystals. 

Skill Awakenings

What I use:

Void Lightning 15 dp 10 hp on hit.

Jolt 10% attack speed 5 ap pvp.

Fearful Trembling 20% crit 30 ap.

I have max rank fearful trembling, so my reasoning through using this combo is a bit different. I can fearful tremble before almost every pull at pirates and receive the healing and damage buffs from using it. I also can use void lightning (while not on cooldown) and animation cancel whenever I think I blocked enough damage into a fearful trembling, allowing me to heal up 1k+ hp very easily.

Final Thoughts

Tamer is what you make of it, theres tons of hidden animation cancels and what not. This is the basic crash course into tamer of the current patch. Feel free to critique me, I do have some biased opinion based on how I play the class in the current patch and that is what I love about tamer I tried to make this as un biased as possible. Diversity, very few tamers play exactly the same, fillers can be swapped for others, some are more aggressive, some are more tanky and relaxed in pvp. Play this class the way you want to, she has a diverse playstyle by those who commit to learning everything. And heres my video with visual and audio guidance on some of the basics, I weaved in some other basic information about the skills as well.

I added a photo of my current gear progression in this game. Just failed tri basi belt, video on my channel. got a snazzy shultz instead.

Current Gear.png

Edited by Mtl
12 people like this

Posted

Wow i actually have the same build xD Just my rings are PRI and rest i still have make PRI. I've been working on the Armor and weapons and finished with full +15 Ultimate gear today. I want to go mix rather than full ap or full dp for the reason that I want to survive but still make some decent dmg :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I suggest doing Grab into Whiplashx1 into LoE into Flash, for me it works very well.

I disagree with this, as any grab should be attempted with Bolt,Jolt for air attack damage. If you want to get a few more damage in, you can LMB cancel into bolt-bolt-jolt, for more attack attack damage, before starting LoE/whiplash.

I end my grab combos different as well as I setup traps out of habit, but it's not as useful for GvG and really only for 1v1s.

Posted

Wow i actually have the same build xD Just my rings are PRI and rest i still have make PRI. I've been working on the Armor and weapons and finished with full +15 Ultimate gear today. I want to go mix rather than full ap or full dp for the reason that I want to survive but still make some decent dmg :)

Red corals are great, but with stamina post 30 a possibility and monster damage being decreased it makes the change to mark's even more viable. 

I disagree with this, as any grab should be attempted with Bolt,Jolt for air attack damage. If you want to get a few more damage in, you can LMB cancel into bolt-bolt-jolt, for more attack attack damage, before starting LoE/whiplash.

I end my grab combos different as well as I setup traps out of habit, but it's not as useful for GvG and really only for 1v1s.

I understand what you mean =p.

Posted

Is the build link correct?

Lvl 60

1139 skillpoints?

Lv 60 because health is out dated on link and its like 100 skill points less because of LMB is free for rank, just visual what my build looks like. 57+ this is totally achievable unless all you did was use exp scrolls and buy more with loyalty (still haven't used any personally).

Posted (edited)

Lv 60 because health is out dated on link and its like 100 skill points less because of LMB is free for rank, just visual what my build looks like. 57+ this is totally achievable unless all you did was use exp scrolls and buy more with loyalty (still haven't used any personally).

Oh boy... I'm getting the feeling that I'll always be playing catch up in this game.

Care to share how you've been farming skillpoints?

Edited by Mish

Posted

just kill lots of mobs.

skill points exp is  awarded by straight number of kills

Posted

The skill build is good but the estimate is not.

All in all you need around 800-900 for a good skillbuild now.

As for combos , id try to use the fact that they've reduced the cooldown of LBT to 1,5s now. Comboing flash (with having the flow thing) with bolt+jolt in cancels with lbt and trample/fearfull trembling is really good.

Posted (edited)

Catfish or Mansha is easy for skill points

Loads of mobs in a cluster for quick access

Now you should write a pvp combo guide for all the new tamers like:

Gap Closing Combo

S+LMB > LmB(hold) > BJ > E > BJ  > Shift + Q > BJ (DONT OVER STAY)

Stun Combo Starter

Scratch > Space > RMB(hold 2) > E > BJ > Shift + Q > BJ/RMB     or

Scratch > Space > Shift + F into the ^ combo starting RMB

Can't find many good guides for tamers combo 

Edited by Sujieun
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I am level 56 with 850 skillpoints 

imo. This is what you should have maxed

lightning of earth, whiplash, bolt jolt, soaring kick 

skills to get: void lightning 3 at least, upwar claw two at least, flow spray scratch, soaring kick flow tht goes into upward claw 

for pvp i use needle and krea, if oponents hit hard or i know is skillfull ill use krea (i dont use two black spirit crystals due to the 200 hp being of no use to me with the current 200 hp pots ), if the oponent is bad  or underleveled or if i believe they arent skillfull enough i will use needle trinket, i rarely use my accuracy trinket even tho i have two accuracy from my pri tree belt  and. A liverto i almost never miss. 

Armor i use two peice zereth and two peice heve, becuase the 400 extra stamina is crazy good, switched from grunil. 

For good combos i use Lbp  and flash polethrust

For quick superarmor stiffness debuff, lbp and soaring kick, lbp and trample

for pve ( world boss) polethrust> bolt jolt> whiplash> two hits  of lightning of earth> bolt jolt  and repeat. 

Dont use  upward claw ever at 100% energy unless u r garenteed many kills, it sucks compared to absorbin it for the 30 ap 

Edited by Hooters

Posted (edited)

skills to get: void lightning 3 at least, upwar claw two at least, flow spray scratch, soaring kick flow tht goes into upward claw 

flow: water slice is worthless, due to bolt bolt jolt(even regular BJ does more) doing more air damage then upward claw, and you gain 15% attackspeed. If upward claw had a better float proc, then max upward is considerable, but at current not

Dont use  upward claw ever at 100% energy unless u r garenteed many kills, it sucks compared to absorbin it for the 30 ap 

False, on two accounts.

100% upward has total super armor, and will cause a Air smash on opponents, you can brute force through many situations with it in pvp combat.

100% upward is discipline to be held by all Tamers in GvG to prepare for anti-horse mage combat. Only when there is no Horse-mages on the field absolutely do you not hold onto it, and use it freely either to charge up a mage or do Area CC with super armor.

Using it for 30AP...is almost solely limited to 1v1, maybe, for all disiciplined Tamers on the PvP end.

Again, downing a horse mage >>>>>your puny 30AP,

being the only class that can iframe to the back line and have a suitable 100%, don't ever waste it on friviously attacks!

Edited by Kuu

Posted

To lazy to go over everything so I will just say that you guys shouldn't use these combos, items(some), or build.  Especially if you are a new player.

Posted (edited)

flow: water slice is worthless, due to bolt bolt jolt(even regular BJ does more) doing more air damage then upward claw, and you gain 15% attackspeed. If upward claw had a better float proc, then max upward is considerable, but at current not

False, on two accounts.

100% upward has total super armor, and will cause a Air smash on opponents, you can brute force through many situations with it in pvp combat.

100% upward is discipline to be held by all Tamers in GvG to prepare for anti-horse mage combat. Only when there is no Horse-mages on the field absolutely do you not hold onto it, and use it freely either to charge up a mage or do Area CC with super armor.

Using it for 30AP...is almost solely limited to 1v1, maybe, for all disiciplined Tamers on the PvP end.

Again, downing a horse mage >>>>>your puny 30AP,

being the only class that can iframe to the back line and have a suitable 100%, don't ever waste it on friviously attacks!

i leave downing horse mages too people who are better suited for it such as sorcs and wizard aoe, its possible to knock off a horse wizard but thats if theyre bad :P  i dont see a use for upward class even in gvg rly my 30 ap lets me kill basically anyone i have on cc lockdown  id rather not spend my time trying to down a horse wizard when we arent the best to do so, And you say it does super armor? Might be dsync or something but ive been knocked out of it plenty of times by multiple classes without the skill going off completely and all my rage dissapearing, the most horse wizards ive seen is 8 from a single guild on my server im sure with veritas there are much, so i dont need to even try to knock off horse wizards with my rage, plus if ur fightin horse wizards id take the higher grounds and rocky landscapes or tight spaces to fight them so they cant use their horse wisely

Edited by Hooters

Posted (edited)

i leave downing horse mages too people who are better suited for it such as sorcs and wizard aoe, its possible to knock off a horse wizard but thats if theyre bad :P  i dont see a use for upward class even in gvg rly my 30 ap lets me kill basically anyone i have on cc lockdown  id rather not spend my time trying to down a horse wizard when we arent the best to do so, And you say it does super armor? Might b dsync or something but ive been knocked out or it plenty of times by multiple classes without the skill going off completely and all my rage dissapearing, the most horse wizards ive seen is 8 from a single guild on my server im sure with veritas there are much, so i dont need to even try to knock off horse wizards with my rage, plus if ur fightin horse wizards id take the higher grounds and rocky landscapes or tight spaces to fight them so they cant use their horse wisely

Umm no one can knock a horse wizard off except 100% BS, flash bangs, rifles(and we only have practice ones), and charge from another horse.

A sorc does not have a good 100% to take down a horse mage, even pre-nerf state. And a wizard's 100% is way way too useful to waste it trying to get an enemy horse mage, which likely won't happened ever.

The rider and the horse share damage, so a horse wizard is is not only running back and forth in the backline, they are causing havoc and tough, with no counters if you don't prepare for it.

There are very few classes that have suitable BS, much less be able to iframe around to get near a horse wizard. "Leaving it to someone else"...means leaving it to a tamer.

Very few classes have fast acting targeted 100% to catch a horse wizard on.

This is why anti-horse mage combat seems to be lost to many people. They are only dangerous to a certain extent if you let them and thus must be countered where applicable.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

i leave downing horse mages too people who are better suited for it such as sorcs and wizard aoe, its possible to knock off a horse wizard but thats if theyre bad :P  i dont see a use for upward class even in gvg rly my 30 ap lets me kill basically anyone i have on cc lockdown  id rather not spend my time trying to down a horse wizard when we arent the best to do so, And you say it does super armor? Might b dsync or something but ive been knocked out or it plenty of times by multiple classes without the skill going off completely and all my rage dissapearing, the most horse wizards ive seen is 8 from a single guild on my server im sure with veritas there are much, so i dont need to even try to knock off horse wizards with my rage, plus if ur fightin horse wizards id take the higher grounds and rocky landscapes or tight spaces to fight them so they cant use their horse wisely

well you do as the squadleader tells you... if i can knockdown a wiz it shurebhelps the battle more than one measly kill while the wiz kills all my friends 

Posted

Thanks for the guide

Lots of good info

Posted

omg thank you for the information! 

will you be updating this "guide" when the new revamped skill system will take place ETC. ETC.?

Posted

omg thank you for the information! 

will you be updating this "guide" when the new revamped skill system will take place ETC. ETC.?

new revamped skill system? This is current patch, unless you refer to awakening weapon skill combat? and this is just a crash course, for beginners, for advance PVP/PVE and animation cancels, theres plenty of videos for the advance stuff, other than that there are a few random animation cancel skill combos that aren't really useful.

Posted

I absolutely love this guide, it coincides with a lot of the information I see out there and it's compiled nicely with a lot of sound reasoning and explanations.  

One thing I would love to see in addition, like Suji said earlier is a brief combo run-down, even if it's not 'complete'. 
My biggest issue stopping me from falling in love with the class is finding some simple bread and butter combos to work with that I can build off of with animation cancels and such further down the road. It feels really daunting, especially since everywhere I search has vastly different answers and a lot of strange outdated stuff.

What are a couple of your most used combos and the situations you use them in?

Posted (edited)

I absolutely love this guide, it coincides with a lot of the information I see out there and it's compiled nicely with a lot of sound reasoning and explanations.  

One thing I would love to see in addition, like Suji said earlier is a brief combo run-down, even if it's not 'complete'. 
My biggest issue stopping me from falling in love with the class is finding some simple bread and butter combos to work with that I can build off of with animation cancels and such further down the road. It feels really daunting, especially since everywhere I search has vastly different answers and a lot of strange outdated stuff.

What are a couple of your most used combos and the situations you use them in?

As for farming, Q to reset heilang on you so all mobs group in, then BJ/LBP/BJ/SPACE, Scratch to reposition and possibly regroup mobs using flash tree because it vacuums monsters into you/regens mana, then into another BJ/LBP/BJ/SPACE. To do this you need to be higher lvl 50+ with the pre req's of ultimate bolt jolt/rank 3 void lightning, and the animation cancel "can use bolt in situations" or however its phrased. I'll make a video of me farming Pirate Island soon, cause I love pirate island as a tamer and I could show a proficient way of farming. 

This is a very good combo guide for pvp, some things I would like to add that has already been mentioned by Kuu was E->BJ/lBP/BJ because you can get extra burst off on your target before they hit the floor. He uses Roaring for the movement speed debuff and doesn't really use fearful trembling, just remember fearful trembling is a really strong situational stun. No idea if he still plays, and I hope he doesn't mind me linking his video.

Edited by Mtl
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Lol, I don't even know what to say about those combos.

Edited by BalancexBounty

Posted

added my own video, nothing fancy

Posted

nice video

Posted

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/6909 use bddatabase then