• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Crash course, Tamer!

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Thank you so much, very helpful guide! 

Posted (edited)

is it me or has air attack never worked? why are so many people under the influence that it does? it seems a lot of people are using the second part of flash which imo is a waste of time, SP, and dmg when you can go straight from flash > BJ >trample or flash > rising kick > J > chain cc as an initiate. If air attack worked tamer would be doing 2x dmg with some of their combos.

Edited by Skywalker_OG

Posted

is it me or has air attack never worked? why are so many people under the influence that it does? it seems a lot of people are using the second part of flash which imo is a waste of time, SP, and dmg when you can go straight from flash > BJ >trample or flash > rising kick > J > chain cc as an initiate. If air attack worked tamer would be doing 2x dmg with some of their combos.

they work, but you need to have an attack speed buff on you ontop of 5 AS

Posted (edited)

SP, and dmg when you can go straight from flash > BJ >trample or flash > rising kick > J > chain cc as an initiate. If air attack worked tamer would be doing 2x dmg with some of their combos.

No, just no, never ever do this.

pole max reduced mdef by -15% which is huge in any situation PvX, and cancels directly into Jolt. Superior in every way to flash >bj, and faster animation.

And mentioned elsewhere air attack works for everyone else.

The creed of NitoHaru still holds true, flash and pole is necessary 2 part-er if you ever max flash you max pole and maybe claw for the heck of it.

Since awaken skill revamp, i'll hold the 2nd part of the reason aside.

---

To me raising kick is crap, because it literally has almost no buffers and low float rate, though it does provide another gap closer. But that's just me, some are free to take it for that 1/20 chance they need another gap closer somewhere.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

bump. edited main post in response to a lot of the feedback through recent tamer changes and gear changes. 

Posted

skill calc from the main-post doesnt work for me anymore. is it only me ?

Posted

skill calc from the main-post doesnt work for me anymore. is it only me ?

Use this website http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/ (its empty)

If u r looking for a specific build let me know.

Posted

----- you and your bhegs

1308080821001.thumb.jpg.de725eaaad21b626

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

A good tamer will know how to combo any of their skills and flow into w/e skill that is not on CD. That's the nature of tamer and their skills , LOW CD , HIGH CC chain. There isn't one or 2 good combos but many. However they all revolve around the simple "rock paper scissors" against other classes. You need to know your opponents in and out if you were to fight them using a tamer, you cannot blindly just face roll your keyboard with skill combinations or you will be caught and killed.If i compared tamer to any other class they would be similar to blader or mweha, kuno or ninja.

Edited by Kukiko
Editing this shitty paragraph sent from a phone.
1 person likes this

Posted

A good tamer will know how to combo any of their skills and flow into w/e skill that is not on CD. That's the nature of tamer and their skills , LOW CD , HIGH CC chain. There isn't one or 2 good combos but many. However they all revolve around the simple "rock paper scissors" against other classes. You need to know your opponents in and out if you were to fight them using a tamer, you cannot blindly just face roll your keyboard with skill combinations or you will be caught and killed.If i compared tamer to any other class they would be similar to blader or mweha, kuno or ninja.

Probably more plums/kuno with their awakening it's even more closer to them

1 person likes this

Posted

Okay what gear set up.  I just started tamer. 

Posted

Okay what gear set up.  I just started tamer. 

This is a question that has been discussed very often in the past for Tamer.
There is no definite answer. It depends on what you will mainly do and availability of gems/accessories and stuff.

Posted

Ist der Guide noch aktuell nutzbar oder gibt es inzwischen bessere?