• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Q&A with the Developers!

557 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

[Question]

• Any plans to add more horse/mount related content? Quests, more types of racing, mounted arenas, etc?
Edited by Frimber
formatting

Posted

[Question]

• Can you give us more information about the 'Far East' continent ? What is the culture like ? What are the naming conventions etc. You would make a lot of RPers very happy x)

Posted

[Question]

• When can we expect implementation of galleons and some merchant ships, and will there be gameplay involved around pirating on seas, etc?

Posted

[Question]

Are the family name and character name uniques? 

I mean, is the character name repeteable if the family name is different, for example? Or is even the family name repeteable? And... I can have the same Character Name as my Family Name? I'm premeditating my family name and character name for so long and I don't have any idea. 

Posted

Are there any plans to add guild halls or guild owned ships?

Posted

Will you fix all the known bugs currently found in the other clients before releasing?

This.

1 person likes this

Posted

What is the expectation of holding back the Asian "flair" classes since that was already broken with the addition to Tamer in the Launch line up of classes. Im not asking when they will be released as the OP said we are not answering date related questions but rather why? and please dont reply with asian flair classes will come out fast because fast is a relative term fast to the MMO genre because Fast in MMo world usually means 3-6 months lol.

Posted (edited)

[Question]

• can i buy a dye sub? i realy like to dye my armor and horse gear etc, would be kind of cool if there was such a feature. or like perma dye that doesnt get used

Edited by Farina

Posted

can we have actual elf ear option for the beast tamer the ear kinda goes out but i want it more elf like the ranger

and also can we get more hair style in the cash shop like the Japanese princess HIME  or other  traditional hair styles

mio3.jpg

mio hair2.png

miohair.jpg

Posted

Will there be any male characters as playable race for Ranger, Sorceress, Valkyrie, and Tamer?

+1

Posted

Can we get a younger Wizard? Thanks...

Posted

[Question]

will there be any beast type races such as cat people, dog people and exedra that are playable in the future?

Posted

[Question]

Are there plans to implement more variance / tunes in the game's soundtrack?

Posted

[Question]

• do you guy´s already have an release date for the Blader class

Posted

[Question]

Are there any plans to add more content for training profession?

Right now there is almost no reason to level this profession, because a higher change to catch a horse or more exp for a horse are almost nothing.

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

Today we would like to give everyone an opportunity to ask the developers of Black Desert a question.  You are invited to reply to this post with one question in the format shown below.  Keep in mind this is a question for Pearl Abyss about the game, and not about pricing or dates.  Please follow the example format below when posting your question.

[Question]

• Are there any plans to add more aquatic/naval content such as ship battle and mermaids?

You have until 10:00 pm EST Wednesday, February 3rd to submit your question. You may only submit one question, multiple questions will be disregarded.  We expect there to be more questions than we can reasonably submit, hence the limitations, as such we will compile a list based off your submissions.  We will publish the answers to these questions by the 19th of February via the forums in the Announcements Section.

@CM_Jouska This is incredibly shady. I just noticed this, but "answers to these questions by the 19th of February." You know full well that CBT2 starts on Feb. 18.

Once a person buys a founders package and plays the closed beta they can't get their money back. So, this is just insanely fishy. I'm serious about this. Nobody is going to miss CBT2 just to hear your questions out before hand if they already bought a package. I know you're the messenger, but you have to see what they are trying to do. This is the last catch right before launch.

I'm don't want to be overly dramatic, but why would you schedule these things in this way?

Edited by Thinker

Posted

Will there be a pet that is a quest reward?

1 person likes this

Posted

[Question]

• How big do developers plan on making BDO world to be?

Elaborating on the question: I'm aware the game's currently getting expansions in Korea, and it seems that your approach is to have a "never-ending" game, given there's no level limit. But as content is released (and level softcaps get raised), will there be a point where you decide on the world being too big for a server to handle, or will something else stall the world from getting larger? 

[Question]

Are there any plans to add more content for training profession?

Right now there is almost no reason to level this profession, because a higher change to catch a horse or more exp for a horse are almost nothing.

I believe the addition of other mounts (maybe a water mount), and having to meet a certain level requirement to be able to catch them is what he/she was trying to ask about.

Posted

[Question]

• Are we gonna have some day male and female versions of all classes?
1 person likes this

Posted

Question-

Ive played this game from day one of closed beta test one in Korea and it holds a special place in my heart. Can you give us a simple TL:DR on what major changes we will be able to see on launch day and how those differ from other regions?

Posted

[Question]

Where did the name "Black Desert" get its inspiration from? I'm curious as to the story of what lead to the developers selecting this name.

Posted (edited)

[Question]

• Are there any plans to improve the monster AI? The monsters are very slow and pose no challenge, rarely even hitting your character.
Edited by junkage
Changed question

Posted

[Question]

Was the witch originally planned to be perfect mirror of the Wizard or was this to satisfy the desire for less gender-lock restriction retroactively?

Posted

[Question]

• Do you have any plans on adding some kind of Factions for Professions and Classes. For example Trading factions, mage faction, thieves faction, Assassins faction etc. Where all Factions contain unique quests to motivate people in pursuing this career? And having a faction house/unique armor sets stuff like that ;)

Posted

[Question]

With the Valencia bandit city update and pvp changes  , can we expect in the future more indepth relates features? such a banditry guild quests like steal carriages , sea piracy or even killing contracts?