• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Q&A with the Developers!

557 posts in this topic

Posted

I got a couple of questions, but since it is only one per person.

Question:

Will the expansions be free like the kr/jp/ru versions of the game, or do we have to buy those too? Since we're also the only ones to b2p.

I actually like b2p mmorpgs the best since no p2w and no subscriptions etc.

And i don't really mind paying something for big expansions if they're worth it. But then i also hope we won't get screwed over like they did with the gw2 expansion.

But i have faith in Daum europe.

This was already answered by the CM some days ago, you won't have to buy future classes or expansions.

Posted (edited)

[Question]

- Will we get the old KR-Ah prieces/new prieces (Ogre Ring = 18Mio) or the current KR Client updated Price List (Ogre Ring = 75Mio) ? Because i think no one can Buy 75Mio item without p2w mechanics.

Edited by Loken

Posted

To those asking about new classes, male ranger etc. I don't think daum can say or even know anything about this, since it's still a pearl abyss game with an na/eu server hosted by daum, wich means they can't just implement classes new systems etc. Without pearl abyss' permission.

But those questions we ask, are for PA so they're doing good job asking it here

sry for offtop :<

Posted

[question] 

are there going to be plans in the future to make the skill cooldown icons move able through the edit UI option?

i'm asking this because they will fill the whole center of the screen

2016-01-27_579199158[2754_-65_-297].JPG

3 people like this

Posted

Updated the OP to add more emphasis on the requirements for asking questions.

2 people like this

Posted

This was already answered by the CM some days ago, you won't have to buy future classes or expansions.

there are so many topics i can't read them all, but thanks for the clarification.

But those questions we ask, are for PA so they're doing good job asking it here

sry for offtop :<

I misunderstood it then, thaugt the questions are for daum instead pa.

then I totally agree with these questions

Posted

[Question]

• What Are the Numerical Benefits for each level of node investment? 
4 people like this

Posted

[Question]

• Will there ever be a way to resize character's heads?  The Valkyrie's head is far too small imo.
1 person likes this

Posted

Name reservations etc and do early access get in a week before the 3rd or is the 3rd the start for us?

march 3rd is the oficial release date for bdo na/eu.

Conquerers packaga can start playing februari 28th

Explorrers packaga can start playing march 1st

Posted

[Question] why do we have for the conqueror pack all the same Outfits for the last 4 classes.?

There is nothing new about ist, just taken from the Ranger and put on the other classes :(

Even the Sm Upper Armor is the same like the Ranger ...

Thats not ok....at all

Nothing special about it.

Posted

[Question]

Will the current bugs (hair controls on classes not functioning properly, certain features being unchangeable, ect. ) in the CCM be fixed in time for release?   

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

[Question]

• What's the company's policy towards players by-passing IP-block with VPN services? Is it a punishable offence and are such cases going to be monitored?

Edited by BsAllover
1 person likes this

Posted

[Question]

• What about the leveling curve? Thankfully you decided to not include Value packages and all the other crazy XP-boosts/buffs from KR  but even Koreans say leveling is so hard (while having all buffs)

Posted

[Question]

• any plans to implement more ranged classes?

Posted (edited)

[Question]

• Items such as fish trading boxes are worth far less than just trading the fish directly.  Crop processing boils down to just growing sunflowers in gardens, no other option provides as much value.  Most of the metal processing trade boxes are completely worthless.  You have created all these item trade boxes, yet only 4/100 of their recipes get used.  THERE IS NO VARIETY!!  Are you preparing a rebalance pass for item pricing and value considering so much has changed so that all recipes will be useful in some way and add purpose to 100s of items that have lost value over time?
Edited by Midnight
3 people like this

Posted

[Question]

When will we be seeing more about the titan-like bosses that are already partly in the game? Mainly speaking about Ancient Athor (고대의 아토르) and the Forest Titans (??), yet also interested about the Mutant Troll (돌연변이 트롤) and the Mutant Ogre (돌연변이 오우거), which can be attacked but not killed as of now.

2 people like this

Posted

[Question]

• Are there any plans to add more life skills or add more things that you can do with current ones?

Posted

[Question]

Will there always be new areas to add or is there a definite end planned to the world map?

Posted

Do you think multiple server channels will make node-wars dead in EU/NA, as it did in Korea? There's only wars at ch 1 in Kor atm.

Posted

[question]

• Are you looking into the ability to use spaces for names instead of underscores. like A LOT of people would really like :)

Posted

Will it be possible to steal tradepacks or something like in archeage?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

[Question]

• During CBT-1, I found a bug in which valencian dyes became 100% gray when standing on water puddles created by rain in game. Is that bug going to be fixed?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More info about my bug report with many images:

Hello, here is a bug I stumbled upon that bothers me a lot.

Bug Report

Description of the issue: I dyed my chest armor with a Valencian Gloomy Yellow dye, which looks amazing! When it rains though, the dye seems to be completely removed and the armor goes back to silver. I noticed that this happens when I am standing on a puddle of water created by rain. Sometimes, when I only have one leg in the puddle, only half of the armor would be silver with a weird split. This doesn't occur for every water puddle though, only those that appear during rain events (when standing in old puddles that remains a long time after the rain, the dye of the armor stays). When the puddle disappears/dries out, the dye becomes golden again. This happened regardless of the time of day or if I had a lantern equipped or not (I tested during day, dusk and night).

World/Server/Channel: NA CBT CH01 (Probably all of them). 

Family Name: BurningBern
Character Name: Federned
Level: 16

Reproducibility: 100% of the time with water puddles created by rain.

Steps to reproduce the issue / Screenshots/Video: 

Step 1: Dye your armor with a valencian gloomy yellow dye (I have a feeling this happens with every valencian dyes, will test if I get another one)

Gloomy_Dye.thumb.jpg.744996f45fa1450e687

Step 2: Find a rain area on your world map and travel there. (I tried a couple of different rainy areas around Heidel and the issue occurs 100% of the time).

Found a rainy area, I am not standing in a water puddle and my armor is still fine.

5676c44e51325_2015-12-20_1045110934_-35_

As the rain continues, the water Puddle is expanding. As it reaches me, the armor becomes partially silver. (From the side that is standing in the water puddle).

5676c49e70a7c_2015-12-20_1049547930_-35_

The water puddle now expanded beyond my position and all my armor is now Silver.

5676c526e2d3e_2015-12-20_1051351930_-35_

If I run outside of the puddle, my armor becomes golden again, until all the ground becomes wet.

5676c57525f66_2015-12-20_1062649902_-34_

The rain stopped, but the water puddle is still there. The armor is still silver too:

5676c5c87ad21_2015-12-20_1093364733_-30_

As the puddle dries, the Gold dye gradually comes back.

5676c63e513e9_2015-12-20_1176288579_-27_

5676c64dc0e9f_2015-12-20_1153144569_-25_

5676c65c68655_2015-12-20_1187515580_-27_

This bug doesn't occur with old or permanent puddles over the map, only those created by the rain. (I know my shirt is now red but the bug still occurs with the rain, I tested it).

5676c6c7f319e_2015-12-20_3170073630_-31_

My settings were on Medium everything default

Dxdiag: BernDxDiag.txt

Anyone else had similar issues with other Valencian dyes?

Update: This bug also occurs if you are on a horse.

Note: in this pict, the dye on the horse is not of Valencien type.

This is when standing on a small puddle left by the rain.

5677287ad6c5c_2015-12-20_28124785-903_-1

This is after the puddle dried.

5677287f9d301_2015-12-20_28149094-902_0_

Edited by BurningBern

Posted

[Question]

• Are there any plans to add the possibility to steal goods from Carts ?

Posted

Will we get more areas like snowy and very high mountains (skyrim for example) and jungles?

2 people like this

Posted

[Question]

• I heard that it was harder to level are you going to keep that or change it at launch?