• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valencia Update Events !

115 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Greetings adventurers!

With the release of Valencia we wanted to bring you some new events to enjoy.

1."Get Seal of Valencia"

• Start: June 29th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)
  • End: July 20th 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

Just like our previous event "Seal of Maehwa", logging in everyday will get you a new item to claim, Seal of Valencia. Combining these in your inventory will unlock different rewards depending on the shape you arrange them in.

Event Rewards

• 5 Seals: 5 Black Stone (Armor), Grade 2 Armor Reform Stone
  • 6 Seals: 5 Black Stone (Weapon), Grade 2 Weapon Reform Stone
  • 8 Seals: Sharp Black Crystal, Hard Black Crystal
  • 12 Seals: Ship License: Fishing Boat, Fishing Boat Prow of Abundance, 5 Memory Fragment, [Event] Lost Penguin

You can claim your reward by clicking the "Reward" button that will appear in the bottom right of your screen when you log in.

Arrange the seals in different patterns to unlock various rewards.

800Z2EB.png

2. Treasure Hunter

• Start: June 29th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)
  • End: July 20th 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

This event will take place at the Ibellab Oasis in the Desert, here you will be able to dig for Black Scarab and trade them for special rewards to the NPC Marzana.

• There are 3 quests related to this events, and they are Family Bound. Once you've managed to complete them all you will obtain a new title.
    • Marzana and the magic lamp
    • Marzana and the magic carpet
    • Traveler of the Desert

Event Rewards

• 50 Scarabs: Magic Carpet (Housing, no buff)
  • 100 Scarabs: Magic Lamp (Housing, Maximum of 4 Random Buff for 2 hour, the buff effect will not overlap with other furniture's buff effect [PA +5/ Resistance to All Status Abnormalities +10%/ Weight Limit +100LT/ Chance of Heatstroke -25%/ Chance of Hypothermia -25%])
  • 3 quests completed: Title "I can show you the world"
Edited by CM_Tytyes
17 people like this

Posted

PENGUIN!

6 people like this

Posted

From my (Bad) experience in the previous event I will advise everyone:

1) Log on and off every single day and not expect the seal to Stack. 

2) If in the end you missing one seal because the dates and hours of the event don't align properly with your Region (NA/EU). Do not delete the remaining seals or go for fewer rewards. Just create a ticket and wait. (It took them more than a week to come back on me on the last event)

8 people like this

Posted

I almost would rather the 8 seal reward

4 people like this

Posted

I almost would rather the 8 seal reward

Runs from 29th to 20th, you can get an 8 and a 12 :P

8 people like this

Posted

From my (Bad) experience in the previous event I will advise everyone:

1) Log on and off every single day and not expect the seal to Stack. 

2) If in the end you missing one seal because the dates and hours of the event don't align properly with your Region (NA/EU). Do not delete the remaining seals or go for fewer rewards. Just create a ticket and wait. (It took them more than a week to come back on me on the last event)

wish i had done that with mine. wound up deleting them, then my friends got sent a seal in their mail. -_-

1 person likes this

Posted

this is why we keep you around Mort....

Posted (edited)

wish i had done that with mine. wound up deleting them, then my friends got sent a seal in their mail. -_-

It was in the beginning of me playing the game. I needed the space so I took another reward only to see them responding to my case after 10 days. I have created a forum threat as well on this issue. It took them days to decide what to do. So yea help some ppl but unfortunately not myself :(

Edited by Quel

Posted

Event Rewards

• 10 Scarabs: Magic Carpet (Housing, no buff)
  • 30 Scarabs: Magic Lamp (Housing, Maximum of 4 Random Buff for 2 hour, the buff effect will not overlap with other furniture's buff effect [PA +5/ Resistance to All Status Abnormalities +10%/ Weight Limit +100LT/ Chance of Heatstroke -25%/ Chance of Hypothermia -25%])
  • 3 quests completed: Title "I can show you the world"

10, 30.. you say.

its 50 and 150. I just did it, its not hard, not at all. But dude, if you post patchnotes and events, atleast post the correct info

3 people like this

Posted

So... we get fishing boat and penguin but the fishing skill is ruined because you can't count on any of the nodes to sell the fish to.  The scarce seagull fishing hotspots only last 10 mins.  There aren't enough in the zones where we have nodes.  I have a node network that spans the entire coast from Velia to Epheria.  The fish won't sell anywhere for more than 30% because you can't ever know what node the spots are associated with or count on the hotspots that are very scarce.  

In other words... fishing is a waste of time.  A HUGE time killer.  And after filling your bag / boat...  you get 30% for gold fish.  

Fishing is dead.  Giving away boats and pets isn't going to change the fact its worthless now.  (Artisan 5 fisher that has fished from day 2 of the game... but not anymore.)  

This is the cue for Daum employees to make up fallacies that don't work in order to make it seem like its an okay deal to ruin everyone's life skill who chose fishing. 

5 people like this

Posted

Fishing is not totally worthless, you can still get lucky and get rare fish along the coast of velia and other easy spots while afk fishing (artisan 3 here).Just before the update, my last over night afk fishing left me w/ a full inventory of mostly rare fish, same w/ the night before, but before that just all blues and greens. Hit and miss now, but i wouldn't say worthless. Still a great source of income for newer players :)

Posted

• 30 Scarabs: Random Buff for 2 hour

You just added RNG to buffs? xD 

1 person likes this

Posted

And just like the meahwa event, you can keep them accumulating in your rewards without claiming them until you have enough to make the pattern

Posted (edited)

Do they reset the same time that our daily rewards do?

Also please show pictures of rewards. How do I know if this is worth my time. (for treasure hunter i mean)

Edited by Z.chu

Posted

PSA:  Don't ----- up the seals.  You only get to lose one seal if you want to get the 12 seals and the 8.

Posted

is that penguin permanant?

Posted

is that penguin permanant?

Previous pet was permanent, this one should also be (or they have become really retarded if it isnt)

Posted

Are there any level requirements for the quests? I would like to get the title at least, but I'm only lvl 51 :/

Posted (edited)

@CM_Tytyes the quest for the scarabs requires 50 and 150, is this correct or are the patch notes how it is supposed to be? I don't think anyone wants to sit in one place and dig for an hour, so I hope that 10 and 30 are correct.

Also, I just did the math and if we really need 200 of these, and it takes 20 seconds to dig up a scarab, even if we pretend that the time it takes to claim the items and start digging again doesn't exist, it would still take almost 1 hour and 7 minutes of doing nothing but digging. No one wants that.

Edit: Time probably goes down if you increase your gathering rank, but it's still more time doing something boring than I'd prefer. I would recommend changing the number down to what it says in the patch notes, but make the drop rate lower for the scarabs (it is currently 100%). At least that makes it seem like you are actually hunting for them, not just sitting in one place hitting a button over and over.

Edited by Alicization
1 person likes this

Posted

Also, I just did the math and if we really need 200 of these, and it takes 20 seconds to dig up a scarab, even if we pretend that the time it takes to claim the items and start digging again doesn't exist, it would still take almost 1 hour and 7 minutes of doing nothing but digging. No one wants that.

The collection events have all been pretty time consuming. These type of events seem to be designed for players who play a lot of hours, since anyone who doesn't must dedicate all their playtime to completing it by the deadline (effectively putting their progression on hold for weeks).

Posted

The collection events have all been pretty time consuming. These type of events seem to be designed for players who play a lot of hours, since anyone who doesn't must dedicate all their playtime to completing it by the deadline (effectively putting their progression on hold for weeks).

I'm find with spending a lot of time on the event, my issue is how boring it is. With the eggs you had to find them or fight mobs, with the petals you had to run around and gather them then farm them, with this soccer event you fight mobs, but with this one you aren't doing anything. That is my issue with it, it is a long time of doing nothing.

Posted

Awesome event. Cant wait to get a lost penguin. #globalwarming  

Posted

Wow can't wait to get the lil guy. been lil over month since i last played due to real life stuff. soon game get all patches & repairs fixed i'll be collecting seals & playing again :D

Posted (edited)

Do you get seals everyday you log in and if so how many do you get? Is it possible to get multiple penguins during this event? Also are the seals obtainable from enemy drops?

Edited by Olliesama

Posted

So... we get fishing boat and penguin but the fishing skill is ruined because you can't count on any of the nodes to sell the fish to.  The scarce seagull fishing hotspots only last 10 mins.  There aren't enough in the zones where we have nodes.  I have a node network that spans the entire coast from Velia to Epheria.  The fish won't sell anywhere for more than 30% because you can't ever know what node the spots are associated with or count on the hotspots that are very scarce.  

In other words... fishing is a waste of time.  A HUGE time killer.  And after filling your bag / boat...  you get 30% for gold fish.  

Fishing is dead.  Giving away boats and pets isn't going to change the fact its worthless now.  (Artisan 5 fisher that has fished from day 2 of the game... but not anymore.)  

This is the cue for Daum employees to make up fallacies that don't work in order to make it seem like its an okay deal to ruin everyone's life skill who chose fishing. 

Yep, Artisan 8 fisher, hotspot hunter, yada yada. I'd stopped fishing as often prior to the change to focus on other areas of the game, but after the change I gave it up entirely (sold my rods, ship accessories, fishing clothes, etc.). I don't mind the movement of hotspots or the gulls that much - I can get why they wanted to balance it. I don't favor it, for sure - but it wouldn't be quite so terrible, IF you didn't need a series of nodes for your catch to be worth something (also for distance bonuses). I didn't bother continuing to fish after the change, knowing my node setup wouldn't suffice for the (unpredictable) spawning of hotspots - and I didn't want to sink all of my CP in linking every island just on the off chance I happened to hit a hotspot in a certain zone. That's not to mention the additional issue of increased lifespan decay on fishing boats.

Most of my fishing guild moved onto grinding/siege/etc., and wound up forming a new guild to that aim (including a few Master ranked fishers - our guild used to hold at least the top 10-15+ for ranked fishers on our channel). Which is fine, it's just unfortunate to render that aspect of the game fruitless. 

3 people like this