• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valencia Update Events !

115 posts in this topic

Posted

PENGUIN!

So is it a new pet? o-O

Posted

17180-Happy-Feet-Gif-Happy-Feet-Animated

6 people like this

Posted

Will this new penguin be available in the cash shop too? I mean, is it like a regular pet that we can breed to get a higher tier?

Also, what skills can it get?

Posted

The fish won't sell anywhere for more than 30% because you can't ever know what node the spots are associated with

LOL, of course you can know: read your minimap. It's that easy yeah.

Yep, Artisan 8 fisher, hotspot hunter, yada yada. I'd stopped fishing as often prior to the change to focus on other areas of the game, but after the change I gave it up entirely (sold my rods, ship accessories, fishing clothes, etc.). I don't mind the movement of hotspots or the gulls that much - I can get why they wanted to balance it. I don't favor it, for sure - but it wouldn't be quite so terrible, IF you didn't need a series of nodes for your catch to be worth something (also for distance bonuses). I didn't bother continuing to fish after the change, knowing my node setup wouldn't suffice for the (unpredictable) spawning of hotspots - and I didn't want to sink all of my CP in linking every island just on the off chance I happened to hit a hotspot in a certain zone. That's not to mention the additional issue of increased lifespan decay on fishing boats.

Most of my fishing guild moved onto grinding/siege/etc., and wound up forming a new guild to that aim (including a few Master ranked fishers - our guild used to hold at least the top 10-15+ for ranked fishers on our channel). Which is fine, it's just unfortunate to render that aspect of the game fruitless. 

Have you even bothered to try fishing outside of hotspots? I fish a lot better than before the patch out of the hotspots. Based on my experience I can certainly say that fishing for me is more rewarding than before. But I have actually fished (not much, just as always, because it's too boring for my tastes) after the patch, rather than just give up because it's the current trend of the guild or whoever else.

2 people like this

Posted

Did you just increase the second event requirements without notice? Its like five times more.. lol

Posted

Will this new penguin be available in the cash shop too? I mean, is it like a regular pet that we can breed to get a higher tier?

Also, what skills can it get?

Just found this tweet: https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/748128166095519744

It is a pet but it's exclusive and only obtainable via the event. Since we can't get 24 seals, there will be only one penguin for every player..

From my (Bad) experience in the previous event I will advise everyone:

1) Log on and off every single day and not expect the seal to Stack. 

2) If in the end you missing one seal because the dates and hours of the event don't align properly with your Region (NA/EU). Do not delete the remaining seals or go for fewer rewards. Just create a ticket and wait. (It took them more than a week to come back on me on the last event)

Hmmm... Should have known this sooner. I had 10 Maehwa Seals because I got nothing on last day and on another day. But thanks, I will make sure to get my reward!

2 people like this

Posted

Just found this tweet: https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/748128166095519744

It is a pet but it's exclusive and only obtainable via the event. Since we can't get 24 seals, there will be only one penguin for every player..

Ah... thats a bummer

Posted

LOL, of course you can know: read your minimap. It's that easy yeah.

Have you even bothered to try fishing outside of hotspots? I fish a lot better than before the patch out of the hotspots. Based on my experience I can certainly say that fishing for me is more rewarding than before. But I have actually fished (not much, just as always, because it's too boring for my tastes) after the patch, rather than just give up because it's the current trend of the guild or whoever else.

Not since the patch. But prior to it I did often in the process of spending hours on end hunting for new hotspots. I didn't give up as a "trend" -- as stated, I stopped before the patch even hit, as I'd been focusing on getting all of my characters to soft cap, and getting properly geared. 

Posted

Does anyone know if the servers are down?

Posted

The collection events have all been pretty time consuming. These type of events seem to be designed for players who play a lot of hours, since anyone who doesn't must dedicate all their playtime to completing it by the deadline (effectively putting their progression on hold for weeks).

I noticed this about the events lately. I did not get to finish the Pirate Rum contest because of this. Plus it was RNG DX

Yep, Artisan 8 fisher, hotspot hunter, yada yada. I'd stopped fishing as often prior to the change to focus on other areas of the game, but after the change I gave it up entirely (sold my rods, ship accessories, fishing clothes, etc.). I don't mind the movement of hotspots or the gulls that much - I can get why they wanted to balance it. I don't favor it, for sure - but it wouldn't be quite so terrible, IF you didn't need a series of nodes for your catch to be worth something (also for distance bonuses). I didn't bother continuing to fish after the change, knowing my node setup wouldn't suffice for the (unpredictable) spawning of hotspots - and I didn't want to sink all of my CP in linking every island just on the off chance I happened to hit a hotspot in a certain zone. That's not to mention the additional issue of increased lifespan decay on fishing boats.

Most of my fishing guild moved onto grinding/siege/etc., and wound up forming a new guild to that aim (including a few Master ranked fishers - our guild used to hold at least the top 10-15+ for ranked fishers on our channel). Which is fine, it's just unfortunate to render that aspect of the game fruitless. 

^This

That was exactly my problem with changing hotspots. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I noticed this about the events lately. I did not get to finish the Pirate Rum contest because of this. Plus it was RNG DX

Some of the events are really difficult because of this. The Rum contest was over all of a sudden, at least for me. I was pretty new to the game and did not know what to do with the Rum till I found this page. Next to the factor time the rare infos in-game are very annoying. I'm not sure if I will finish the second part of the event.

Posted

Can't log in due to DDoS, thus no seal.  Sweet.

1 person likes this

Posted

Magic carpet and lamp if anyone wanted to see them before starting to shovel the desert. I think the carpet is awesome.

BlackDesert64_2016-06-30_21-04-29-82.thu

BlackDesert64_2016-06-30_21-05-18-28.thu

6 people like this

Posted

Title 'I can show you the world" lol aladin fans much?:D

Posted

Anyone else having trouble getting the seals? They don't show up in my rewards </3

Posted

very nice

Posted

Is there a level requirement for treasure hunting event? And where does it begin?

Posted

If I collect 5 seals and arrange them, will I lose the seals? I want to collect 12 but I don't want my seals to reset upon claiming a lesser reward.

Posted

Wow!  So many sad comments on this post about fishing!!   I love to fish also, but it is a bit trying when you  get nothing in return for your work...little to nothing that is.

i cannot sign in either, not with orwen server, edan and uno show up!!!     signed in 12 times already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted (edited)

Also, I just did the math and if we really need 200 of these, and it takes 20 seconds to dig up a scarab, even if we pretend that the time it takes to claim the items and start digging again doesn't exist, it would still take almost 1 hour and 7 minutes of doing nothing but digging. No one wants that.

Yes gathering skill reduces it.  No one should be doing 0 gathering skill anyway, let's be serious here.   It took me maybe 10-15 mins or so tops, and that was about 100 feet from the quest giver.

but it's still more time doing something boring than I'd prefer. I would recommend changing the number down to what it says in the patch notes, but make the drop rate lower for the scarabs (it is currently 100%).

Wait... so you're complaining that it takes too long and it's too boring, then you suggest that they change it from a guaranteed drop... to a random drop?  WTF?   So instead of taking a set amount of time, you want to possibly make it take even longer due to RNG?   Seriously?     Are you mental?

Edited by Jaradis

Posted

If I collect 5 seals and arrange them, will I lose the seals? I want to collect 12 but I don't want my seals to reset upon claiming a lesser reward.

If you want the higher reward, do not arrange them in the correct way until you get the 12, because it will consume the amount of seals you have used to get the lesser reward.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you want the higher reward, do not arrange them in the correct way until you get the 12, because it will consume the amount of seals you have used to get the lesser reward.

Thanks a lot bro!

Posted

Yes gathering skill reduces it.  No one should be doing 0 gathering skill anyway, let's be serious here.   It took me maybe 10-15 mins or so tops, and that was about 100 feet from the quest giver.

Wait... so you're complaining that it takes too long and it's too boring, then you suggest that they change it from a guaranteed drop... to a random drop?  WTF?   So instead of taking a set amount of time, you want to possibly make it take even longer due to RNG?   Seriously?     Are you mental?

I'm not even going to bother, no need to waste my time on you. Re-read what I said and figure it out.

Posted

Do you mind if I ask on which lever your Gathering Skill is? Just to have a scale to know when it is sensible to go digging. I want to dig for the scarabs when I reach Prof 3.

Event Rewards

• 5 Seals: 5 Black Stone (Armor), Grade 2 Armor Reform Stone
  • 6 Seals: 5 Black Stone (Weapon), Grade 2 Weapon Reform Stone
  • 8 Seals: Sharp Black Crystal, Hard Black Crystal
  • 12 Seals: Ship License: Fishing Boat, Fishing Boat Prow of Abundance, 5 Memory Fragment, [Event] Lost Penguin

You can claim your reward by clicking the "Reward" button that will appear in the bottom right of your screen when you log in.

Arrange the seals in different patterns to unlock various rewards.

800Z2EB.png

What are those crystals? I couldn't find them in the bddatabase. We don't get just two shards for 8 seals, do we?