• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valencia Grind Locations

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Can anyone post a map of the 55/56+ grind locations in Valencia please? :)

Posted

pirate island

2 people like this

Posted

pirate island

^ Yus, Ill have Valencia for a while please before everyone else comes.

Posted

I find it hard to believe that Pirate Island is the ONLY grind location, especially with Valencia coming. Anyone who played on the Korean server know??

Posted

makes no sense to go with 55 to valencia, so go to pirate island/sausans till you hit 56 and +16 ^^

Posted

makes no sense to go with 55 to valencia, so go to pirate island/sausans till you hit 56 and +16 ^^

If we keep saying Pirate Island maybe he will believe us.

Posted

I find it hard to believe that Pirate Island is the ONLY grind location, especially with Valencia coming. Anyone who played on the Korean server know??

Its not but most people in KR grind Pirates to 58~ since its the best money/xp value. Clear speed with +15-20 at pirates + xp/money rate is way higher than any valencia area.

Posted

So what is there to do in Valencia?

Posted

quests, new boss, new black spirit etc. 

Posted

I've heard that it is recommended at least to be level 57 before you can effectively grind in Valencia due to accuracy issues (mobs are still red at 57, not sure if this is true or not) not to mention you probably want at least full +17 especially when we don't even have awakening weapons yet.

You can go there sooner with massive stack of health potions but is it worth it compared to Pirate and Sausan? Probably not, especially when the Valencia area is so big that traveling alone takes a huge amount of time so if you go there it's best to remain somewhere for a decent amount of time which you can't effectively do without levels and proper gear (have to restock potions etc 24/7 and killing mobs is slow as hell) but you can probably grind sonewhere with a decent group.

I've been watching a stream of a KR Ninja player and even at 58 he was at Sausan. At 57 when Sausan was too busy he went to the Helms Cave.

But from what I have heard the Fogan is the Valencia starting area, still probably want decent gear for that or a party.

Nothing wrong with Sausan / Pirate, you can easily get 57-58 in those 2 places.

Also keep in mind when we got Mediah we still had +15 enchant max and it was still a really big jump difficulty wise to go there at 51-52 from the regular locations. With Valencia we have +16-20 so they have to take that in mind when balancing the area, they can't just balance it for +15 like Mediah so it will be even harder, you can't go there with +15 at all like you could just straight go to Mediah as soon as it was released and it was still quite hard at the start. Also no awakening weapons means your gear needs to be in mint condition to even have a chance to effectively grind and for it to be worthwhile.

Posted

I would not venture into these areas until you have around 130+ AP and 200+ DP though

I'm going out there. xD

I'll be doing a lot more running than fighting, but I know how to run away scairt. ;) 

Posted

big thx @griffith

Posted

u wouldnt have this issue if u were a pooper

Posted

Anyone tryed pirate island since patch yet? do we get multiple bandanna?

Posted

Hakurai just released a video with an updated map. I would not venture into these areas until you have around 130+ AP and 200+ DP though

HdydSM2.jpg

Taken from his video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GdlNLYXv7Fw

More like 180ap. I have 181 and I can hold my own with most mobs but the elite mobs and the dungeon mobs take a long while to kill. My dp is 227 and I still get destroyed if I'm hit a few times in a row.

Posted (edited)

I dont do pirate islands anymore. The cons outweight the pros. Instead I do mediah for money and valencia for exp

Pirate islands

pros: mob density, large area, expensive collectible (bandanas), unparalleled amount of raw silver drop, many ancient coins (good for trade leveling)

cons: remote location (cant attend GQ from there), bandana turn-in is another remote location, no disco scrolls (this is huge con), rare drops are cheap as sluts (except red coral ear)

Edited by mate

Posted

It highly depends on your ap/dp .

Cadry

Bashim's

Naga

Fogans

All of the above will allow you to none stop pull while farming. cadry/fogans have the best loot table out of the 4 with good scroll drop rates and rares that will net you about 9 mil. Naga's has the highest mob density followed by Fogans. Once you get to 59+ with good acc or if you run groups sulfur mine is good as well. Once you find a spot that you like and your sure your going to spend a lot of time there invest in the closest villa for repairs and buffs.