• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guide to producing consistent Sharp and Hard Black Crystal Shards

321 posts in this topic

Posted

Im artisan 3 farming, had 10 farms down for weeks turning round quality wheat. i work monday to firday so only had 2 crops a day but weekends i pull about 4/5 a day.

in all my time ive never come close to 70 shards in a week, id say 40 at absolute best. some days getting 5-6, other days getting 1-2. 

Im trying to Tri my last 2 pieces of armor b4 i look at TET, but ive given up farming, Liquidated all i ahd and bought last 2 pieces, alot less painfull and just sold my DUO ones

1 person likes this

Posted

Till 2 days ago i had 7 strong fences (70 CP / 70 crops) and i got a good share of shard every day (not like the OP but still a good number) but to have a better cp / crop ratio i switched to 10 plain fences (60 CP / 70 crops) and since then i got 0 (zero) shard

I would like to know if someone other had a similar problem

I did the same except that I had the Plain Fences first and the switched to Strong Fences. 

I realized that Plain Fences ( just what I think ) have a waaay lower shard droprate than Strong Fences but well could be just RNG aswell ...

I have gone back to 8 Strong Fences and I'm getting 2-5 Shards a day consistently with about 300-400 fixes a day and I'm doing this for ~7 weeks now

Posted

I did the same except that I had the Plain Fences first and the switched to Strong Fences. 

I realized that Plain Fences ( just what I think ) have a waaay lower shard droprate than Strong Fences but well could be just RNG aswell ...

I have gone back to 8 Strong Fences and I'm getting 2-5 Shards a day consistently with about 300-400 fixes a day and I'm doing this for ~7 weeks now

Prolly i will go back to Strong fences at the end of the week to see if it was just rng or something different

Posted

They must have nerfed badly the droprate since the last patch, i went back to Strong Fences but after the patch i can get just 1 evvery day  when i'm lucky

Posted

Best way to acquire them currently is F3 -> "Loyalities" -> Spend 1 loyalty on Awakening Gift bundle ;)

You get 1 of each per day under the running event just now!

Posted (edited)

Magic fluid collector, fig pie, K blessings, sap sucking. Used 3 collectors got 7 shards, could do more but was tired

Day before everything the same but was sucking blood. Used 3 collectors got 1 shard

Is it blood vs sap or RNG ? Will try again both to make my mind

Edited by mate
1 person likes this

Posted

They must have nerfed badly the droprate since the last patch, i went back to Strong Fences but after the patch i can get just 1 evvery day  when i'm lucky

I'm also thinking they nerfed the shars frm faming. I've only gotten about 3 total over the last several days.

Posted

Is the are min Level req. for getting shards from farming? Doing it with an level 25 alt for weeks on 4 Strong fences with Sunflowers in Calpheon (North) and never got a shard from pruning/killing insects.

Posted (edited)

Im artisan 3 farming, had 10 farms down for weeks turning round quality wheat. i work monday to firday so only had 2 crops a day but weekends i pull about 4/5 a day.

in all my time ive never come close to 70 shards in a week, id say 40 at absolute best. some days getting 5-6, other days getting 1-2. 

Im trying to Tri my last 2 pieces of armor b4 i look at TET, but ive given up farming, Liquidated all i ahd and bought last 2 pieces, alot less painfull and just sold my DUO ones

This and the fact that some points in the OP simply dont make any sense. If you are tending your gardens every hour anyway, why on earth would you use crops with long growth times? You are there to harvest them so get additional income from short growth times. Especially since he suggests using fertilizer which runs counter to having long growth times.

And a fix rate of 40-100% after 30-60min is not my experience with 40 farm plots for the last couple months. It is much lower than that. On top of that the time investment would be similar if not more than simply gathering ...

Edited by MajorS

Posted

Is this still a good method of getting consistent shards? 

Posted

Right!

So... I have been reading this thread since it was created. I usually don't reply to threads but I'll do on this one.

I got 242 CP, so I decided to have a go on this method, and I have rented 10 fences of 10 spaces each, for full testing.

I am not keeping records in terms of Pruning vs Curing so don't expect answers on this, at least until now.

To set the scenario, I was: Gathering Professional 9, Farming Beginner 0. Currently I am Farming Skilled 3 (80%).

I've always used lucky tools when gatherings for shards. I gather a lot of things for my crafting/alchemy stuff - bloods, hide, meat, etc. My personal experience (I have 240 Energy) is that for that amount of energy, 240, I'd get 2 shards, if lucky, I'd get 3. Usually with a ratio of 2/3 Hards to 1 Sharp. Just to give an example, I do actively farm Trolls in Calpheon for the Troll blood, and after I use all my 240 energy I get 750-800 Troll Blood + 2 Shards.

I found that when I farm I use less energy and yiels more shards, however it takes longer. You can't simple go to your gardens and blowup 240 energy, it takes time as the plants need caring, while gathering you can.

I've started yesterday past 12:00 GMT, and until today 12:00 GMT  I have farmed 6 Hard and 4 Sharps with about 300-400 energy.

I did not count how many times I did prune/cure my stuff but it may well been above 600 times (I do not consume 1 energy per prune/cure, sometimes it takes 3x to consume 1 energy, same with gathering).

Anyways, my finds are what they are. You guys take whatever you want from it. I didn't do any sort of change in terms of luck and stuff. And I do farm everything... I mean litterally. I am not concerned with the growth time. I am acutally doing 2 things at once. Farming ingredients for the Special Dishes and at the same time, try to get lucky with shards to upgrade my gear, however I am not 100% focused on that. My Liverto is at DUO though :D

I guess im late to this thread but have been reading the first pages and you seem like my type of player....

In terms of time invested, is it worth it? I mean how many sharps / hards per hour on average would you get with farming vs gathering (forget energy count, if I need more energy I'd go out and farm it, but its about ime efficiency what I am after).

Posted

I guess im late to this thread but have been reading the first pages and you seem like my type of player....

In terms of time invested, is it worth it? I mean how many sharps / hards per hour on average would you get with farming vs gathering (forget energy count, if I need more energy I'd go out and farm it, but its about ime efficiency what I am after).

Hi.

After trying this for a while, I can say that it is not worth the effort/energy on this method. If you are a chef and you need the products thats fine, however to get lots you shards through this way you need to spend tons of time Pruning your farms, which is not fun.

My personal advice would be, buy a yellow sturdy achemy stone (yellow green) and look for alchemy recipes you want to do for profit - lets say, you need fir sap/pine sap, etc. Get you energy all used on that and you will get more shards for the same amount of energy spent.

Posted

Hi.

After trying this for a while, I can say that it is not worth the effort/energy on this method. If you are a chef and you need the products thats fine, however to get lots you shards through this way you need to spend tons of time Pruning your farms, which is not fun.

My personal advice would be, buy a yellow sturdy achemy stone (yellow green) and look for alchemy recipes you want to do for profit - lets say, you need fir sap/pine sap, etc. Get you energy all used on that and you will get more shards for the same amount of energy spent.

With the way they stated this they get more than I would getting sap. Im a sap collector right now anyways. However I'm only getting maybe 1-2 a day.

Posted

Is this still viable or did it get nerfed?

Posted

Is this still viable or did it get nerfed?

it has been hard nerfed. but, i think ALL gathering has been nerfed. some friends used to showel or collect meat/blood, they all say their drops rates are now a joke compared to "what it used to be".
in my opinion, very personnal, farming is a still a very good alternative as it is "semi active".

Posted (edited)

This method is still very viable and honestly SUPER SUPER OP..

running a Kamasylven, Fig pie and my Yellow Sharp alchemy stone of life i get between 7-10 hard/sharps just fixing crops. per hour

If i ACTIVELY farm for around 8hr's or more i walk away with about 250million in profit for the day. 

ofcourse actively farming for 8+hr's is boring as Shlt..

Edited by remilafo

Posted

So then what's the most efficient way nowadays?

Posted

So then what's the most efficient way nowadays?

really doesn't matter... i just use withered crops as they seem to need the most fixing, could just be rng who knows.. they are cheap though.

Posted (edited)

Edited by jarvs

Posted

I spent a bit over a month doing 10x10 with 100 crops and while it did yield around 100+ shards and got me to artisan2 it got extremely tedious. By the end I would have a  difficult time doing even a single weeding/breeding/planting a day. I am now using that 100 CP on low level nodes and plan on marketing everything which I am betting will allow me to buy more shards in the long run with far less tedium. 

If I ever do farming again I would use workers and just harvest/plant/sell everything, as it would be less time consuming, and you would probably be able to just buy more shards in the long run by selling double or even triple the yield of special crops. 

Although if you are after experience then weeding is the only way to go.

Posted

Does kamasilve affect gathering drop rate?  Pretty sure it doesn't. .