• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

KR Skill patch 6/28

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Brah you need to activate your windows brah

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah not too bad.  At least there's a reason to go now.  Could still take a few months depending on how often you can make it to the spawns. /._./

will probably take the no lifers ( if thet havnt already gotten them) what 30-31 days in a month. Kzarka spawns on average every 28hrs or so. So 4 months in?  While normal players will be a good year

1 person likes this

Posted

op update

Posted

Aren't KR boss times a lot better than ours? I recall someone stating it was 8hrs or so for a Kzarka window whereas we have some 24hr bs.

If that gets changed then those boss weapons would be easily obtainable within a month or two (if channel hopping to get at least 1 more boss counts).

Posted

Brah you need to activate your windows brah

welp i installed 8.1 pro with a regular 8.1 key was to lazy to to swap over or buy another key xD 

Aren't KR boss times a lot better than ours? I recall someone stating it was 8hrs or so for a Kzarka window whereas we have some 24hr bs.

If that gets changed then those boss weapons would be easily obtainable within a month or two (if channel hopping to get at least 1 more boss counts).

karzka and nouver spawn twice a day while karnada spawns once per day

1 person likes this

Posted

welp i installed 8.1 pro with a regular 8.1 key was to lazy to to swap over or buy another key xD 

karzka and nouver spawn twice a day while karnada spawns once per day

they spawn like that on every channel or is NA/EU the only ones that get spawns on all channels at once?

Posted

theoretically for zarka , you could do it in 50-80 days and not exactly 100 because if say your server kills him quickly you have the chance of hopping to a different channel and killing him twice.

Posted

Good as a melee :D

Posted

What?

Posted

What?

Pretty sure he's talking about >>this<< thread

Next there is now a new quest for boss weapons i.e Karanda,Karzka,Nouver
you must kill them 100 times for their respective weapons.

Posted

It seems like it also means they're about to introduce a new tier of weapons, usually catch up mechanics come along with new rare drops, am i wrong ?

It always felt like a waste despites the advantages

Not really a catch up mechanic... takes over 50-100 days most likely to get it. (1-2 kzarka a day) so yeah not really a catch up mechanic... more like anti-RNG mechanic :)

Posted

Pretty sure he's talking about >>this<< thread

yea i realized

Posted

Good as a melee :D

well im quite sure this is a catch up mechanic, so i think they are ready to introduce weapons that will make the kzarka look like a toothpick.

Posted

Killing them 100 times for a weapon is definitely reasonable. I'm fond of this update. That and removing the RNG from the awakening system. And people say they're not slowly offering options that are more westernized. Well here's more proof that they are.

Posted

i dig this

Posted

well im quite sure this is a catch up mechanic, so i think they are ready to introduce weapons that will make the kzarka look like a toothpick.

Killing them 100 times is barely a 'catch up' mechanic. Every time they introduce a remotely feasible way of acquiring better gear people scream 'CATCH UP MECHANIC' when in reality it's something that should have been in the game from the get-go.

3 people like this

Posted

Not really a catch up mechanic... takes over 50-100 days most likely to get it. (1-2 kzarka a day) so yeah not really a catch up mechanic... more like anti-RNG mechanic :)

Yea i see that now, suicide failsafe

Posted

dude. That is awesome. Some may kill kzarka 500 times and never get shit. But to have a questline for it is pretty cool

hope we get this

We won't.

Posted

im very interested in when they release the night vendor though, its supposed to be a massive silver sink but allows players to get rare items, like boss gear or zarka without having to rely purely on horrible rng. (still rng to see it but its not rng to buy it like on the market. and it seems to be significantly easier to find it on the night vendor than get it to drop)

Posted

In response to people suggesting that a new tier of weapons will be added and that this is a catch up mechanic: It's not a catch-up mechanic. It's a mechanic similar to the introduction of Ultimate Regrade stones; two ways of relying on getting to where you want to be: RNG for those that gamble, and guaranteed with a lot of effort put in, for those that feel truly rewarded completing tasks in such a manner. Something that in their retrospect should have been around from the get-go, but they're ammending these things now. It's brilliant. As such:

I fully expect more horizontal progression to added to the game at this point.

Peal Abyss may recognize that at a point, player power levels on average will plateau at a certain point in the game's life very soon, and the best way to prolong the longevity of the game even further is to allow players to progress horizontally rather than vertically. Introducing more awakening weapon styles in the future is the most common-sense way to do this. I'm sure there are other ways but I don't have the time to summarize them right now.

1 person likes this

Posted

In response to people suggesting that a new tier of weapons will be added and that this is a catch up mechanic: It's not a catch-up mechanic. It's a mechanic similar to the introduction of Ultimate Regrade stones; two ways of relying on getting to where you want to be: RNG for those that gamble, and guaranteed with a lot of effort put in, for those that feel truly rewarded completing tasks in such a manner. Something that in their retrospect should have been around from the get-go, but they're ammending these things now. It's brilliant. As such:

I fully expect more horizontal progression to added to the game at this point.

Peal Abyss may recognize that at a point, player power levels on average will plateau at a certain point in the game's life very soon, and the best way to prolong the longevity of the game even further is to allow players to progress horizontally rather than vertically. Introducing more awakening weapon styles in the future is the most common-sense way to do this. I'm sure there are other ways but I don't have the time to summarize them right now.

i hope they do more horizontal progression , im very fond of that kind of content , adds more variety to the game and lets players customize their character to their playstyle more so than "X is the best , you need X otherwise your trash"

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In Kr the 100 kills is very feasible. When I got my Dragon shield in KR I was doing 6-10 Dragons in a single day. The Koreans started at the top channel and the zerg went to each channel systematically down the list of channels. At that rate, a modest 5 a day. You could get your Kzarka/Nouvre in 20 days... in Kr. If and when this mechanic comes to NA/EU if the community could reach a general agreement to doing bosses starting at the top channel and going down like Kr; it could be done much sooner. Biggest problem with this strategy is the difference in cultures between NA/EU vs Kr. This strategy most likely won't be as successful as it is in Kr.This could be done much faster. I assume we'll get Kr's spawn times at some point as well.

Edited by StellaAlamarr

Posted

In Kr the 100 kills is very feasible. When I got my Dragon shield in KR I was doing 6-10 Dragons in a single day. The Koreans started at the top channel and the zerg when to each channel systematically down the list of channels. At that rate, a modest 5 a day. You could get your Kzarka/Nouvre in 20 days... in Kr.

very, very nice idea

we must implement this here.

Posted

In Kr the 100 kills is very feasible. When I got my Dragon shield in KR I was doing 6-10 Dragons in a single day. The Koreans started at the top channel and the zerg when to each channel systematically down the list of channels. At that rate, a modest 5 a day. You could get your Kzarka/Nouvre in 20 days... in Kr.

IF the community in bdo aggreed to something like that, it would be amazing for things like zarka/dragon but theres  ALWAYS going to be groups of people that know thats what you are doing , so while you are going down the list top to bottom , they will start at the bottom and go up in their smaller group of people and get up to a quarter or more of the bosses just to themselves trying to get loot rather than raw boss kills.

Posted

IF the community in bdo aggreed to something like that, it would be amazing for things like zarka/dragon but theres  ALWAYS going to be groups of people that know thats what you are doing , so while you are going down the list top to bottom , they will start at the bottom and go up in their smaller group of people and get up to a quarter or more of the bosses just to themselves trying to get loot rather than raw boss kills.

Exactly, like I said. A difference in cultures. Koreans are rather helpful and nice. They'll work together very readily for a common goal. I can't tell you how many times I had a channel cd and was fighting dragon solo for like 20 minutes till the zerg showed up. then I joined them for the rest of the channels.