• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Monopoly on Horse Market

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Right now the horse market is 90% Tier 6.  Normally we have a good mixture of all tiers up through 6.  There's no Tier 3, 4 or 5.  It's been this way for hours.  Maybe a few 1's and 2's.  Is this a monopoly?  And is this fair?  I don't think it's fair.  I'm 47 and I don't have 8 to 23 mil to just spend on horses for breeding.  I typically buy Tier 4 and if I'm lucky get a Tier 5.  Is this just the way it is?  We have to put up with this?

Posted

I have thirty t3s

Not for sale. Of course I took the time to catch them. I suggest some rope and sugar.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

people are using the t5's to try at t7's because they take less time to level.

most of the t6's are breed out ones with a few good skills. its not that one person is buying them all. its that people are not selling the lower tiers you cant catch in the wild.

Edited by Craussus
1 person likes this

Posted

Do you know what a monopoly means?

21 people like this

Posted

I have a female T4 I was going to put up once I was done breeding her. Orwen server. I'm still leveling the male so... it wont be for another day or 2

Posted (edited)

I bet a fair amount of people is buying cheap low tier horses that they can use to exchange for a camel

Edited by Sweeziee
1 person likes this

Posted

Right now the horse market is 90% Tier 6.  Normally we have a good mixture of all tiers up through 6.  There's no Tier 3, 4 or 5.  It's been this way for hours.  Maybe a few 1's and 2's.  Is this a monopoly?  And is this fair?  I don't think it's fair.  I'm 47 and I don't have 8 to 23 mil to just spend on horses for breeding.  I typically buy Tier 4 and if I'm lucky get a Tier 5.  Is this just the way it is?  We have to put up with this?

Sorry but do you even know what "Monopoly" means?

Do you not realize all T3-5 doesn't magically appear, people breed T2-3 to get T4/5/6 horses so they could try for T7 while your lazy welfare ass is buying the horse on market to get "jump" ahead.  Which in return you don't have enough piled up "horse" to keep breeding instead you rely on market to get your horse.

2 people like this

Posted

everyone is grabbing them for camels >.>

1 person likes this

Posted

Monopoly in a ecomonic sense means that one person (normally organization, in a game we'll use a person) is controlling the market, being able to charge as much as he wants for the goods he is selling since he does not have concurents on the market that compete with his quality or price.

With that being said, it is very unlikely that all horses on the market belong to one person. Prices cannot be manipulated either, since the game decides how much a certain horse is worth based on level and skills.

Posted

I don't sell T5's or lower because they weren't selling... Didn't think people wanted them.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i think you dont know what a monopoly is

edit: sorry i was late

Edited by diabh

Posted

I assume no one will buy lower tiered horses 95% of the time, so I don't even bother listing them. Lots of people thinking that way would contribute to none being up.

Posted

Monopoly in a ecomonic sense means that one person (normally organization, in a game we'll use a person) is controlling the market, being able to charge as much as he wants for the goods he is selling since he does not have concurents on the market that compete with his quality or price.

With that being said, it is very unlikely that all horses on the market belong to one person. Prices cannot be manipulated either, since the game decides how much a certain horse is worth based on level and skills.

This, also I'm level 36 and I don't have the money either to buy 10+mil horses of the market too so I just breed them myself. What's stopping you from doing it yourself too? Catch two horses in the wild, level them, breed them and if you're lucky you even get the next breeding pair out of these two horses :) 

No need to whine about something you could easily fix yourself :,)

3 people like this

Posted

You guys got no idea what is  going on... Currently selling tier 1 and 2 horses to the stable npc gives you double the amount of money which you can get from the horse market, before the taxes! So there is absolutely no point of putting a tier 1 for 100k in the market, and getting 70k, when you can just sell it for 200k to the npc. Higher tier horses are sold for less - price under their market value to the stable npc. There is no monopoly, there is just bad design here. 

*Just want to note that you can sell horses which are level 10 or lower.

Posted

people are using the t5's to try at t7's because they take less time to level.

most of the t6's are breed out ones with a few good skills. its not that one person is buying them all. its that people are not selling the lower tiers you cant catch in the wild.

What are you talking about? You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. People need T5s for exchanging for camel tokens. People that couldn't get T5s bought the lower tiers to breed their camel tokens.

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess it's what we can expect. Easy... the T4 and T5 you level up so you can breede them. After the breeding you do not sell them, they give so little money, so you exchange them. But the T6, after the breeding you wan't not exchange them, they give to much money for that. You sell them.

So, the T4 and T5 you exchange, the T6 you sell....  easy :)

2 people like this

Posted

I want to see all those T6s on Jordine just once. Last time I checked there was a T2 and 2 donkeys on the entire horse market.

Posted

Lol its not a monopoly its just because of the recent changes to how stables work..

Now people can sell mount to NPC's and that doesn't take away market taxes either.. So, that is why you don't see any tier 1-3 on the market hardly, since they are not worth selling to other players because they are so easily available in the wild and there's no point in keeping a stable slot tied up for selling to another player because selling to NPC frees the slot instantly and it does not wait in que.

I've been a ranked horse trainer for a while now, so trust me when I say its like this and not like how you think it is lol.

2016-06-27_195135024.PNG

2016-06-28_211955709.PNG

4 people like this

Posted

I want to see all those T6s on Jordine just once. Last time I checked there was a T2 and 2 donkeys on the entire horse market.

Exact!  When I set a T6 on the market, it is sold very fast. Mostly in a minute! A T6 is stil unusual in the market.

Posted

Exact!  When I set a T6 on the market, it is sold very fast. Mostly in a minute! A T6 is stil unusual in the market.

It's UNO server that has about 5 pages of levels 25-30 horses that are mostly (Unable To Reset) with the breeds lol. A lot of the horses no one wants to buy since their skills aren't very desirable. I would have taken a screenshot if I thought it was worth, next time I'm in game I might since apparently other servers arent like this lol.

Making a t-6 takes generally for me two lvl 25 t4 horses btw @ everyone.

I guess it's what we can expect. Easy... the T4 and T5 you level up so you can breede them. After the breeding you do not sell them, they give so little money, so you exchange them. But the T6, after the breeding you wan't not exchange them, they give to much money for that. You sell them.
So, the T4 and T5 you exchange, the T6 you sell....  easy :)

Yep exactly.

Sorry but do you even know what "Monopoly" means?

Do you not realize all T3-5 doesn't magically appear, people breed T2-3 to get T4/5/6 horses so they could try for T7 while your lazy welfare ass is buying the horse on market to get "jump" ahead.  Which in return you don't have enough piled up "horse" to keep breeding instead you rely on market to get your horse.

Its true, t6 takes a lot of effort to get, many days of horse riding and only horse riding.. and lets face it guys, auto looping a horse to lvl 30 for breeding IS NOT FUN!

Like I only sell level 1 fresh t6 horses to friends, and it's a very serious business cuz those horses only go for about 4mil on average price.. that is NOTHING compared to the amount of effort put into getting said horse.

Example for those that don't know:

-Craft Raw Sugar: 10 mineral water, 1 raw sugar (costs about 600 silver for water, and 200 for 1 sugar so 800 silver total)

-Buy rope from stable keep: 2,000 silver

In general it takes me average 2 ropes and 4 sugars (counting fails/my mistakes/rng and all) probably on horses.. so that's what like 5,600 silver-- okay that's nothing per horse so no biggie.. but then..

1.) Get items to catch horse.

2.) Catch wild horse it's a t-1 or t-2, if lucky t-3..

3.) Level up horse. (Costs money to recover it with stable keep or carrots).

4.) Go out catch another wild horse..

5.) Level up next horse if it's the correct gender, if not repeat step 4 until you have a male + female combo..

6.) Breed horses and hope you don't get a same tier horse or even lower tier horse (my friend got two lvl 30 t6 to breed.. it made a t5..)

7.) Repeat processes 1-6 until you have a t-6..!

Now having a t-6 is much easier with the release of t-3's into the wild.. and all a person really needs is two lvl 25 t4 for a t6.. but honestly, its a lot of effort put in!

I didn't get my first t-6 until like, a freaking month of struggling I swear.

Posted

Donkey master race! B|

Posted (edited)

7.) Repeat processes 1-6 until you have a t-6..!

8.) Repeat all that to get T7. Spend a week leveling it to 30, doing nothing else. Cry over its useless 9 skills.

Rinse and repeat point 8, again and again and again.

Edited by Kat
6 people like this

Posted

Gather for half an hour, sell 2-3 shards, afford any horse.

GG

Clicking is hard.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its true, t6 takes a lot of effort to get, many days of horse riding and only horse riding.. and lets face it guys, auto looping a horse to lvl 30 for breeding IS NOT FUN!

Like I only sell level 1 fresh t6 horses to friends, and it's a very serious business cuz those horses only go for about 4mil on average price.. that is NOTHING compared to the amount of effort put into getting said horse.

Oh come now!  Leveling a T6 horse to level 30 via auto looping is a LOT of fun....assuming you don't actually want to play the game or anything.  I mean, if you have something else you can do, and don't mind spending a couple of weeks making sure your horse hasn't gotten stuck on yet something else, or your game DCd, it's awesome!  ;)

Also, what do you mean you sell horses to friends?  How?

1 person likes this

Posted

I breed all of my T5s and 6's and then exchange for another try at a T7.