• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So how is Valkyrie now?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

o/ I left like almost 2 months ago at lvl 53 and came back yesterday.

I have few questions. Since AP scales much greater than DP are we still Tanky with +18 gear? Can we even kill anyone? Do we get 3 shot like any other class?

If so then which armor to go for? If not roll Witch would be better?

Posted

Our base AP may seem lower than other classes but our % ratio per AP is significantly high. You can still burst people in downed combat (with or without carnage elixir) and 1 combo players if you manage the full cc chain. Still tanky with +18 gear since block trumps all, but getting cc'd could still mean death (i.e blader 100%).

Posted

Valkyrie will forever be one of the most tankiest classes. In KR, valks recently got a buff where on their skill awakenings, they can get +20DP. Right now, we sit with 70dp worth of buffs on top of our current DP if you count black spirit rage buff, heaven's echo, and shield buff.

Posted

Our base AP may seem lower than other classes but our % ratio per AP is significantly high. You can still burst people in downed combat (with or without carnage elixir) and 1 combo players if you manage the full cc chain. Still tanky with +18 gear since block trumps all, but getting cc'd could still mean death (i.e blader 100%).

Valkyrie will forever be one of the most tankiest classes. In KR, valks recently got a buff where on their skill awakenings, they can get +20DP. Right now, we sit with 70dp worth of buffs on top of our current DP if you count black spirit rage buff, heaven's echo, and shield buff.

the main reason i like Valk is because i heard Valk can be immortal. I was planning on stacking DP too but then i saw a video after shotgun nerf and 260 AP ranger melted a 413 DP giant in like 4 shots so.. I was wondering if i should switch for AP focused witch if DP means nothing in later stages?

Posted

Killing people in a single cc chain? I only hit a couple of people last night, but I definitely wasn't doing THAT much damage, even at 170 AP.  I believe the ranger I was hitting was not very geared either.  That said, it was a pretty insane amount of damage, and quite fun hah!

Unless something has changed, heaven's echo and shield buff can't be up simultaneously

the main reason i like Valk is because i heard Valk can be immortal. I was planning on stacking DP too but then i saw a video after shotgun nerf and 260 AP ranger melted a 413 DP giant in like 4 shots so.. I was wondering if i should switch for AP focused witch if DP means nothing in later stages?

We are definitely not immortal, but we can be much more tanky than other classes for sure!  Stacking DP isn't really viable in the current meta though.  It is solid in large scale combat, but for that you just need a second accessory set and DP accessories are dirt cheap!  That said, I have tanked 5+ players in red battlefield for a few minutes before, and it was extremely amusing as I could feel the frustration radiating from them!  Though that was more about abusing iframes, dashes and block.

Eventually PA is going to have to buff DP more, they have in the past and are aware that it needs to be stronger.  Time to kill in this game is far too low. As it stands though, AP is far more worth it just because it increases your grind speed

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Killing people in a single cc chain? I only hit a couple of people last night, but I definitely wasn't doing THAT much damage, even at 170 AP.  I believe the ranger I was hitting was not very geared either.  That said, it was a pretty insane amount of damage, and quite fun hah!

Unless something has changed, heaven's echo and shield buff can't be up simultaneously

We are definitely not immortal, but we can be much more tanky than other classes for sure!  Stacking DP isn't really viable in the current meta though.  It is solid in large scale combat, but for that you just need a second accessory set and DP accessories are dirt cheap!  That said, I have tanked 5+ players in red battlefield for a few minutes before, and it was extremely amusing as I could feel the frustration radiating from them!  Though that was more about abusing iframes, dashes and block.

Eventually PA is going to have to buff DP more, they have in the past and are aware that it needs to be stronger.  Time to kill in this game is far too low. As it stands though, AP is far more worth it just because it increases your grind speed

Well thanks for your solid info and opinion there. Pretty good amount of text to read :P How do you think your damage would be with +18 weapon against someone with +18 armor?  Ill mainly be gearing solo and lvling up until I hit the +18 and then join a guild... just trying to find out if Valk is what I need :P

Edited by XkiviX

Posted

Well thanks for your solid info and opinion there. Pretty good amount of text to read :P How do you think your damage would be with +18 weapon against someone with +18 armor?  Ill mainly be gearing solo and lvling up until I hit the +18 and then join a guild... just trying to find out if Valk is what I need :P

I think Valk is among the best for solo grinding. I rarely travel with groups, and my Valk almost never dies. (except when i get too froggy and try and jump a field boss on my own)

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm honestly not sure.  I have +18 MH/OH, but I barely used it last night.  Tonight I won't spend all my time enchanting and I'll be able to give more info hopefully in the morning.

I think valk is solid for solo grinding, not the top, but far from the worst!

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly not sure.  I have +18 MH/OH, but I barely used it last night.  Tonight I won't spend all my time enchanting and I'll be able to give more info hopefully in the morning.

I think valk is solid for solo grinding, not the top, but far from the worst!

I think Valk is among the best for solo grinding. I rarely travel with groups, and my Valk almost never dies. (except when i get too froggy and try and jump a field boss on my own)

Im also going to pvp but wanna prepare first :P  Any tips on which armor I should go? Was thinking of Taritas 2x and Grunil x2 right now im 3x taritas +15 and agerian gloves. Will I be useful in pvp as Valk?  I just absolutely love the awakening *O*

Edited by XkiviX

Posted (edited)

I ue 3 agerian and taritas boots. Krea sword and vangertz shield. Tree belt pri, Mark shadows pri, witches earring pri, sealed ring pri, necklace pri, and earring pri. With all ancient gems.

These are my stats at +15 Gold

Total Stats

AP: 118 (114 - 122)
DP: 205

Enhancements
Critical Hit +2
Attack Speed +6
Casting Speed +5
Movement Speed +1

Bonuses
Accuracy +9
Evasion +2
Damage Reduction +12
Additional Special Attack Damage +1
Stun/Stiffness/Freezing Resistance +10%
Stun/Stiffness/Freeze Resistance Increase
Max HP +200
HP Recovery +5
Special Attack Evasion +10
Evasion Increase
Weight Limit +100LT

Enhancement Effects
Increased AP
Accuracy
Increased Accuracy
Evasion

Currently working on building a full +15 Grunil set, the end stats will look like:

Total Stats

AP: 130 (126 - 134)
DP: 201

Enhancements
Critical Hit +1
Attack Speed +3
Casting Speed +3

Bonuses
Damage Reduction +22
Evasion +10
Knockdown/Bound Resistance +50%
Accuracy +7
Weight Limit +80LT
Max HP +150

Enhancement Effects
Increased AP
Accuracy
Increased Evasion

Edited by LordOnichan
1 person likes this

Posted

we have a warrior with 350ish dp currently and he is a god. So currently high dp scaling is amazing though once people start consistantly running around with full duo/tri cresent guardian,  basilisk, ogre ring it may change. As it stands now though our 350dp warrior was able to just stand there an take a nonstop barrage of shotguns from our best ranger which is full tri everythinf an tet zaka for a good 30 seconds. Think of that on a valk stacked with our dp buffs and heal.

Posted

At +20, the grunil/krea sets will give me these stats.

AP: 188 (184 - 192)
DP: 329

Enhancements
Critical Hit +1
Attack Speed +3
Casting Speed +3

Bonuses
Damage Reduction +22
Evasion +10
Accuracy +8
Weight Limit +80LT
Max HP +150

Enhancement Effects
Increased AP
Accuracy
Increased Evasion

The standard Agerian/Taritas Build I use would have these stats at +20

AP: 178 (174 - 182)
DP: 330

Enhancements
Critical Hit +1
Attack Speed +5
Casting Speed +5

Bonuses
Accuracy +10
Evasion +7
Damage Reduction +17
Max HP +150
Evasion Increase
Knockdown/Bound Resistance +25%
Weight Limit +80LT

Enhancement Effects
Increased AP
Accuracy
Increased Accuracy
Evasion

Posted

we have a warrior with 350ish dp currently and he is a god. So currently high dp scaling is amazing though once people start consistantly running around with full duo/tri cresent guardian,  basilisk, ogre ring it may change. As it stands now though our 350dp warrior was able to just stand there an take a nonstop barrage of shotguns from our best ranger which is full tri everythinf an tet zaka for a good 30 seconds. Think of that on a valk stacked with our dp buffs and heal.

Is this 350 DP on his stat sheet or with buffs? 

Just from self buffs I would be over 300 in that gear, and can bump it up by another 35ish by swapping out some of my accessories and shield. That is without trying to tri my armor, which would be another +15 (the tri helm was a result of my trying to build failstacks for the shield haha).  It isn't crazy hard to obtain atm.  I'm sure he is obscenely hard to kill for most players atm, but the average player doesn't have duo/tri weapons yet, so it is a bit of a lopsided comparison.

I'm not saying DP is terrible, or that a DP tank isn't tanky, just that it is unwise to stack DP as your main set - its better for offset.

Posted (edited)

I ue 3 agerian and taritas boots. Krea sword and vangertz shield. Tree belt pri, Mark shadows pri, witches earring pri, sealed ring pri, necklace pri, and earring pri. With all ancient gems.

These are my stats at +15 Gold

Total Stats

AP: 118 (114 - 122)
DP: 205

Enhancements
Critical Hit +2
Attack Speed +6
Casting Speed +5
Movement Speed +1

Bonuses
Accuracy +9
Evasion +2
Damage Reduction +12
Stun/Stiffness/Freezing Resistance +10%
Max HP +200
HP Recovery +5
Special Attack Evasion +10
Evasion Increase
Weight Limit +100LT

Enhancement Effects
Increased AP
Accuracy
Increased Accuracy
Evasion

Currently working on building a full +15 Grunil set, the end stats will look like:

Total Stats

AP: 130 (126 - 134)
DP: 201

Enhancements
Critical Hit +1
Attack Speed +3
Casting Speed +3

Bonuses
Damage Reduction +22
Evasion +10
Accuracy +7
Weight Limit +80LT
Max HP +150

Enhancement Effects
Increased AP
Accuracy
Increased Evasion

Wouldn't it be better to roll like Taritas and Grunil? or full grunil? because of the 2 sockets in Grunil instead of agerian just one?  And thank you for this clear explanation :)

Edited by XkiviX

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't it be better to roll like Taritas and Grunil? or full grunil? because of the 2 sockets in Grunil instead of agerian just one?  And thank you for this clear explanation :)

Here's a build for grunil helm/gloves, taritas shoes/armor, Krea Sword, Vangertz Shield. There's Plus's and minuses to every build. You'll lose out on some AP using Yuria, but not much.

http://blackdesert.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=Valkyrie||9|20|0|3|29|29||4|20|1|2|124|0||2_0|20|0|3|41|98||4_0|20|0|3|51|0||2_0|20|0|3|20|20||4_0|20|0|3|67|0||1|2||13|2||11|2||18|2||13|2||7|2

AP: 175 (170 - 181)
DP: 338

Enhancements
Critical Hit +1
Attack Speed +3
Casting Speed +5

Bonuses
Damage Against Humans +5
Accuracy +12
Evasion +7
Damage Reduction +17
Additional Down Attack Damage Level +1
Max HP +20
Max MP/WP/SP +120
Evasion Increase
Weight Limit +70LT
Max Endurance +100

compare to

Total Stats

AP: 178 (174 - 182)
DP: 330

Enhancements
Critical Hit +1
Attack Speed +5
Casting Speed +5

Bonuses
Accuracy +10
Evasion +7
Damage Reduction +17
Max HP +150
Evasion Increase
Weight Limit +80LT

Enhancement Effects
Increased AP
Accuracy
Increased Accuracy
Evasion

Edited by LordOnichan

Posted

Here's a build for grunil helm/gloves, taritas shoes/armor, Krea Sword, Vangertz Shield. There's Plus's and minuses to every build. You'll lose out on some AP using Yuria, but not much.

http://blackdesert.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=Valkyrie||9|20|0|3|29|29||4|20|1|2|124|0||2_0|20|0|3|41|98||4_0|20|0|3|51|0||2_0|20|0|3|20|20||4_0|20|0|3|67|0||1|2||13|2||11|2||18|2||13|2||7|2

AP: 175 (170 - 181)
DP: 338

Enhancements
Critical Hit +1
Attack Speed +3
Casting Speed +5

Bonuses
Damage Against Humans +5
Accuracy +12
Evasion +7
Damage Reduction +17
Additional Down Attack Damage Level +1
Max HP +20
Max MP/WP/SP +120
Evasion Increase
Weight Limit +70LT
Max Endurance +100

Why are you using Krea sword and not Liverto? Is there a reason?

Posted

I use a lot of shield throw, as well as flying kicks in my combos, so high attack speed to do animation cancelling matters. If you don't use either, you dont need high attack speed

Why are you using Krea sword and not Liverto? Is there a reason?

RNG, I never get good drops :-(

Posted (edited)

I use a lot of shield throw, as well as flying kicks in my combos, so high attack speed to do animation cancelling matters. If you don't use either, you dont need high attack speed

RNG, I never get good drops :-(

Same here.. today 6+h grind still no Witchs earring... Ill never PRI them ;v;

Which in your opinion would be the best set to go for... Im planning on hitting Liverto... so

Full Grunil

3 Agerian 2 Taritas

3 Taritas 1 Agerian / 3 taritas 1 Grunil

2 Taritas 2 Grunil?

Edited by XkiviX

Posted (edited)

Same here.. today 6+h grind still no Witchs earring... Ill never PRI them ;v;

Which in your opinion would be the best set to go for... Im planning on hitting Liverto... so

Full Grunil

3 Agerian 2 Taritas

3 Taritas 1 Agerian / 2 taritas 1 Grunil

2 Taritas 2 Grunil?

If you got Liverto I'd go 2taritas/2grunil. Sacrifice some speed for flat out attack power.

http://blackdesert.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=Valkyrie||7|20|0|2|29|29||4|20|0|3|124|0||2_0|20|0|3|44|41||4_0|20|0|3|51|0||2_0|20|0|3|20|20||4_0|20|0|3|67|0||10|2||2|2||11|2||11|2||7|2||13|2

AP: 193 (190 - 196)
DP: 327

Enhancements
Critical Hit +3
Casting Speed +4
Attack Speed +2

Bonuses
Accuracy +10
Evasion +7
Damage Reduction +17
Max HP +20
Max MP/WP/SP +120
Evasion Increase
Weight Limit +80LT

Enhancement Effects
Increased AP
Accuracy
Increased Accuracy
Evasion

Edited by LordOnichan

Posted

If you got Liverto I'd go 2taritas/2grunil. Sacrifice some speed for flat out attack power.

http://blackdesert.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=Valkyrie||7|20|0|2|29|29||4|20|0|3|124|0||2_0|20|0|3|44|41||4_0|20|0|3|51|0||2_0|20|0|3|20|20||4_0|20|0|3|67|0||10|2||2|2||11|2||11|2||7|2||13|2

AP: 193 (190 - 196)
DP: 327

Enhancements
Critical Hit +3
Casting Speed +4
Attack Speed +2

Bonuses
Accuracy +10
Evasion +7
Damage Reduction +17
Max HP +20
Max MP/WP/SP +120
Evasion Increase
Weight Limit +80LT

Enhancement Effects
Increased AP
Accuracy
Increased Accuracy
Evasion

Which pieces Taritas and grunil would you recommend? And thanks looks good :) Except the damage reduction ;v;

Posted

Which pieces Taritas and grunil would you recommend? And thanks looks good :) Except the damage reduction ;v;

Taritas Armor and boots. 2 pieces gives you the mana boost, and the boots give a hidden evasion bonus. Hidden evasion+listed evasion+damage reduction do help quite a bit. I can 3v1 against high lvl rangers and survive.

Grunil Helmet+Gloves gives +5 AP set bonus.

Posted

Taritas Armor and boots. 2 pieces gives you the mana boost, and the boots give a hidden evasion bonus. Hidden evasion+listed evasion+damage reduction do help quite a bit. I can 3v1 against high lvl rangers and survive.

Grunil Helmet+Gloves gives +5 AP set bonus.

Posted

When it comes to damage reduction, from what I've read so far...

Damage is calculated thus:

Accuracy vs lvl+evasion=chance to hit

If hit,

then Base damagexskill multiplier=attack damage

AP vs DP= Percentage of attack damage dealt

percentagexattackdamage=Adjusted damage

Adjusted damage-damage reduction=final damage

So lets add in random numbers

50x300%=150 damage

100APvs180DP= 20%

150(.2)=30

30-17=13

13 out of 150 damage taken

damage reduction is serious business.

Posted

When it comes to damage reduction, from what I've read so far...

Damage is calculated thus:

Accuracy vs lvl+evasion=chance to hit

If hit,

then Base damagexskill multiplier=attack damage

AP vs DP= Percentage of attack damage dealt

percentagexattackdamage=Adjusted damage

Adjusted damage-damage reduction=final damage

So lets add in random numbers

50x300%=150 damage

100APvs180DP= 20%

150(.2)=30

30-17=13

13 out of 150 damage taken

damage reduction is serious business.

If thats the case then wouldnt Full Grunil be better for 22 Damage reduction instead of 17?

Posted (edited)

If thats the case then wouldnt Full Grunil be better for 22 Damage reduction instead of 17?

you would lose the massive evasion bonus.

remember that it's a two step process

step one = to hit

a miss is a 0 damage hit

Then if it hits damage reduction takes charge. If the enemy misses you a third of the time, you wont need as much reduction

Edited by LordOnichan