• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So how is Valkyrie now?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Is this 350 DP on his stat sheet or with buffs? 

Just from self buffs I would be over 300 in that gear, and can bump it up by another 35ish by swapping out some of my accessories and shield. That is without trying to tri my armor, which would be another +15 (the tri helm was a result of my trying to build failstacks for the shield haha).  It isn't crazy hard to obtain atm.  I'm sure he is obscenely hard to kill for most players atm, but the average player doesn't have duo/tri weapons yet, so it is a bit of a lopsided comparison.

I'm not saying DP is terrible, or that a DP tank isn't tanky, just that it is unwise to stack DP as your main set - its better for offset.

350 sheet no buffs. Hes running shrine guardian rings an rhutum belt. Cant remember his rings neck. And yea a lot of people dont have their gear at duo/tri yet but more so wss saying that high dp against high ap still does very well right now and i beleive dp stacking will be really strong until awakenings come out.

Posted

350 sheet no buffs. Hes running shrine guardian rings an rhutum belt. Cant remember his rings neck. And yea a lot of people dont have their gear at duo/tri yet but more so wss saying that high dp against high ap still does very well right now and i beleive dp stacking will be really strong until awakenings come out.

Hmm, could be I suppose - we'll have a better idea this week!  I would love to see a world where DP was more viable.

Posted

If you check

Killing people in a single cc chain? I only hit a couple of people last night, but I definitely wasn't doing THAT much damage, even at 170 AP.  I believe the ranger I was hitting was not very geared either.  That said, it was a pretty insane amount of damage, and quite fun hah!

Unless something has changed, heaven's echo and shield buff can't be up simultaneously

We are definitely not immortal, but we can be much more tanky than other classes for sure!  Stacking DP isn't really viable in the current meta though.  It is solid in large scale combat, but for that you just need a second accessory set and DP accessories are dirt cheap!  That said, I have tanked 5+ players in red battlefield for a few minutes before, and it was extremely amusing as I could feel the frustration radiating from them!  Though that was more about abusing iframes, dashes and block.

Eventually PA is going to have to buff DP more, they have in the past and are aware that it needs to be stronger.  Time to kill in this game is far too low. As it stands though, AP is far more worth it just because it increases your grind speed

You can use both moves simultaneously to get two seperate buffs.

Posted (edited)

Unless something has changed, heaven's echo and shield buff can't be up simultaneously

Since the 17th patch changes, you can now have both buffs up and no it was not mentioned in patch notes. You can tell both stack now because you get seperate buff icons where as before heaven's echo would replace the shield buff.

Edited by Sliferx
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Since the 17th patch changes, you can now have both buffs up and no it was not mentioned in patch notes. You can tell both stack now because you get seperate buff icons where as before heaven's echo would replace the shield buff.

Would you say Heavn's Echo is a priority PvP wise ? I've been using this so far http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/valkyrie/27351 (Lvl 56 Valk)

Edited by Liven

Posted

Would you say Heavn's Echo is a priority PvP wise ? I've been using this so far http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/valkyrie/27351 (Lvl 56 Valk)

Any valkyrie should get that skill even before when they didnt stack ^^ you have low SP so u can still get alot of SP pretty easily if you solo grind, shouldn't be a problem getting it.

Posted

yes yes i knowxDD... but i mean. this would it be or not? or is there a better combination? its because i want to know whats best combination for Valk in the Endgame to farm the general items. I know that this is a very hard way. but i dont want to grind hours for hours a gear that in the end is not the Ultimate Armor :/ u know?

Posted (edited)

Valk feels too balanced. The strengths are just as clear as its weaknesses, theres nothing OP or stand out about the class. PvE is a breeze, but still gimped compared to every other class - what I can do in PvE a Warrior can do faster and more effecient. PvP i feel like a underpowered CC bot. Like a inferior Zerker without the chain CC and amazing speed. Its typical for me to go into a RBF and be the only Valk there out of 30 players. Great, i have a AOE heal to help my teammates! Except it has really terrible range and teammates can avoid it with iframes.... Great, i have insane burst damage with my crit buff+SoJ but after the combos run out my dmg dips hard and getting that final kill shot is impossible because the class is just really sluggish... Great i have a 100% chance to hit ranged knock down (celestial spear), except its constantly avoided by other players, i will literally see it hit, make a sound telling me it hit, and yet there is no knockdown, or damage, or anything. I could literally spend an entire day ranting about Valks shortcomings. You could say, "oh well you just dont fully understand valks strengths!", but say that when you only see 1 person playing Valk out of 30 players in a red battlefield in a sea of Wizards, Rangers, Zerkers, and Sorcs.

The class is simply TOO balanced. any strength it has comes with a equally as large drawback. The only positive i can say is that 1v1 its really good and i know this because 90% of my opponents run from me.

Edited by sweetesttaboo

Posted

Valk feels too balanced. The strengths are just as clear as its weaknesses, theres nothing OP or stand out about the class. PvE is a breeze, but still gimped compared to every other class. PvP i feel like a underpowered CC bot. Like a inferior Zerker without the chain CC and amazing speed. Its typical for me to go into a RBF and be the only Valk there out of 30 players. Great, i have a AOE heal to help my teammates! Except it has really terrible range and teammates can avoid it with iframes.... Great, i have insane burst damage with my crit buff+SoJ but after the combos run out my dmg dips hard and getting that final kill shot is impossible because the class is just really sluggish... Great i have a 100% chance to hit ranged knock down (celestial spear), except its constantly avoided by other players, i will literally see it hit, make a sound telling me it hit, and yet there is no knockdown, or damage, or anything. I could literally spend an entire day ranting about Valks shortcomings. You could say, "oh well you just dont fully understand valks strengths!", but say that when you only see 1 person playing Valk out of 30 players in a red battlefield in a sea of Wizards, Rangers, Zerkers, and Sorcs.

The class is simply TOO balanced. any strength it has comes with a equally as large drawback. The only positive i can say is that 1v1 its really good and i know this because 90% of my opponents run from me.

look at the bright side, we're still the best looking class of the pool - if they just gave us a bigger shield.

Joking aside, you nailed a big problem on our heal-buff, took me 1 month to educate my usual teammates to stay in range when I heal (generally when I buff), and still there are problems, it's not just the range, it's the timing of the skill - but this goes for many of our skills... DP anyone ?

I've done RB a few times, then derubricated it to useless waste of time, to be able to really do something we need a party knowing us, with all the randoms in RB is nearly impossible, each of us has his own timings so knowing each other is foundamental, in RB I just found overgeared peeps spamming damage skills or zerging on an isolated target. Since the points are assigned on kills, even playing the wing-man and providing assists for the kills doesn't bring us anything, so I simply stopped going there, I leave it for e-peenis DPS contests.

Posted

Valk feels too balanced. The strengths are just as clear as its weaknesses, theres nothing OP or stand out about the class. PvE is a breeze, but still gimped compared to every other class. PvP i feel like a underpowered CC bot. Like a inferior Zerker without the chain CC and amazing speed. Its typical for me to go into a RBF and be the only Valk there out of 30 players. Great, i have a AOE heal to help my teammates! Except it has really terrible range and teammates can avoid it with iframes.... Great, i have insane burst damage with my crit buff+SoJ but after the combos run out my dmg dips hard and getting that final kill shot is impossible because the class is just really sluggish... Great i have a 100% chance to hit ranged knock down (celestial spear), except its constantly avoided by other players, i will literally see it hit, make a sound telling me it hit, and yet there is no knockdown, or damage, or anything. I could literally spend an entire day ranting about Valks shortcomings. You could say, "oh well you just dont fully understand valks strengths!", but say that when you only see 1 person playing Valk out of 30 players in a red battlefield in a sea of Wizards, Rangers, Zerkers, and Sorcs.

I know what you mean. I had the same problems, after playing fast classes beforehand. But as soon as you change your playstyle, you fare much better.

1. Rise your shield and wait. Let your enemy dance/jump/teleport as much as they want. You are nearly invincible.

2. Drop your Spear, cancel into SoJ, grapple and SoJ again. That will HURT.

3. Back into shield stance

4. Repeat your combo. Or hit them with just counter.

Sooner or later, they will be dead. The most important thing (for me at least), is to stay calm. With most of the other classes, who has the fastest fingers wins. But not with the Valk. Wait for your chance and drop your combos in the right moment.

Posted (edited)

I know what you mean. I had the same problems, after playing fast classes beforehand. But as soon as you change your playstyle, you fare much better.

1. Rise your shield and wait. Let your enemy dance/jump/teleport as much as they want. You are nearly invincible.

2. Drop your Spear, cancel into SoJ, grapple and SoJ again. That will HURT.

3. Back into shield stance

4. Repeat your combo. Or hit them with just counter.

Sooner or later, they will be dead. The most important thing (for me at least), is to stay calm. With most of the other classes, who has the fastest fingers wins. But not with the Valk. Wait for your chance and drop your combos in the right moment.

All greater pointers for 1v1, this isn't the problem tho. Its group PvP where the class seems to really fall behind. In large group PvP It really does feel like a gimped Zerker -  you're given a few CC tools which are easily out-shined by Zerkers and even Warriors. And while a Zerker can alternate from CC chain to damage, the Valk doesn't - our damage relies on combos and cooldowns and once those run out the class sputters. This problem goes beyond group PvP. It happens so often with Valk where you can almost kill a player with your finely planned out combo only to have the player just simply run away with a few points of HP left because you ran out of SoJ combos and sub-par CC's.

In large group PvP we cant stay on the frontline, we have no super armor like Warrior or Zerker - nor do we have the speed of a Zerker to break thru a opposing frontline. So we serve more as a guard dog for Wizards who lets face it are just as tanky as we are surprisingly. Bouncing between peeling players off of others and harassing stragglers. Lets say you are on the frontline, your shield breaks, your mobility is so poor you're practically caught with your pants down - reduced to having to shield chase backwards in order to preserve your health pool. A Warrior however, their shield breaks, they have such insane mobility they can re-position entirely and not have to worry about running out of distance because they're not leashed by having only 3 shield chases and a righteous charge (or rather, a righteous escape as i like to call it).

Patience is key in 1v1 but in large pvp your patience will get you encircled and your shield 100 to zeroed with very little way of reaching safety. The class is so balanced that its borderline under-powered. On the brightside, our class will never be flavor of the month nor will it have a angry mob asking for a nerf. I feel like a complete outsider playing it and anytime i meet another Valk they are a lifeskills player whose only experience is in grinding Catfish with shield throw spam.

Edited by sweetesttaboo

Posted

All greater pointers for 1v1, this isn't the problem tho. Its group PvP where the class seems to really fall behind. In large group PvP It really does feel like a gimped Zerker -  you're given a few CC tools which are easily out-shined by Zerkers and even Warriors. And while a Zerker can alternate from CC chain to damage, the Valk doesn't - our damage relies on combos and cooldowns and once those run out the class sputters. This problem goes beyond group PvP. It happens so often with Valk where you can almost kill a player with your finely planned out combo only to have the player just simply run away with a few points of HP left because you ran out of SoJ combos and sub-par CC's.

In large group PvP we cant stay on the frontline, we have no super armor like Warrior or Zerker - nor do we have the speed of a Zerker to break thru a opposing frontline. So we serve more as a guard dog for Wizards who lets face it are just as tanky as we are surprisingly. Bouncing between peeling players off of others and harassing stragglers. Lets say you are on the frontline, your shield breaks, your mobility is so poor you're practically caught with your pants down - reduced to having to shield chase backwards in order to preserve your health pool. A Warrior however, their shield breaks, they have such insane mobility they can re-position entirely and not have to worry about running out of distance because they're not leashed by having only 3 shield chases and a righteous charge (or rather, a righteous escape as i like to call it).

Patience is key in 1v1 but in large pvp your patience will get you encircled and your shield 100 to zeroed with very little way of reaching safety. The class is so balanced that its borderline under-powered. On the brightside, our class will never be flavor of the month nor will it have a angry mob asking for a nerf. I feel like a complete outsider playing it and anytime i meet another Valk they are a lifeskills player whose only experience is in grinding Catfish with shield throw spam.

In large groups, I depend on Shield Chase and Righteous Charge. Those are 4 dashes you have to use strategically. No reason to just stand there and eat the pain wizards and rangers are dishing out - that's correct. I actually like to play my Valkyrie like a Maehwa on steroids. Dash in, kill a Wizard, drop the whole enemy group on their butts with a well placed Divine Power (or even a Judgement of Light if you feel lucky) and then dash back to your team.

Posted

I feel the same, i love the playstyle of the valkyrie and sometimes on 1v1 i feel bored cause many mates who knows me dont want to chalenge me anymore... in group and lage scale pvp im feeling lost and stil searching for a good position and the idea for my role in group

atm. i think support and to act on situation to cc and save the mages is the best way til the lance arrives... and we get more longe range mobility and super armor for the front line.

But Valkyrie is still fun and the sexiest class ig :)

In large groups, I depend on Shield Chase and Righteous Charge. Those are 4 dashes you have to use strategically. No reason to just stand there and eat the pain wizards and rangers are dishing out - that's correct. I actually like to play my Valkyrie like a Maehwa on steroids. Dash in, kill a Wizard, drop the whole enemy group on their butts with a well placed Divine Power (or even a Judgement of Light if you feel lucky) and then dash back to your team.

Ya Its fun but :D if the other group isnt dump their bersi will take u of the fight and the mage is gone ^^ mostly it works fine but only 1 time maby 2 times and they ll react

Posted

Definitely, one tactic i do often is shield chase in reverse, so they have to move forward to keep me in range, then repeat, eventually leading them into range of my own wizards/rangers. As for charging into a back line, killing a Wizzo, then jetting off, id only do that if i was going against some total shitters, like lvl 52's lol.

Posted

Definitely, one tactic i do often is shield chase in reverse, so they have to move forward to keep me in range, then repeat, eventually leading them into range of my own wizards/rangers. As for charging into a back line, killing a Wizzo, then jetting off, id only do that if i was going against some total shitters, like lvl 52's lol.

Don't zip in right in the middle of the battle. Slightly to the side or even from the back of the main fight and they usually don't react that fast.

Posted

even if Valk is way too balanced I still love her way too much :P.

Posted

Don't zip in right in the middle of the battle. Slightly to the side or even from the back of the main fight and they usually don't react that fast.

Id still be leery about trying that, if i had the iframes and could block while attacking like a Sorc id be totally into it, if i could have the speed of a zerker id try it, but on valk itd be really sketchy. 6 sec of elions blessing goes by so fast. Even pulling off a well placed Divine Power is a challenge, have to be sneakier than Solid Snake unless you blow elions blessing. But anyway, Wizards these days seem so tanky. A few squishy ones here and there, but if you come up on a good Wizard who can teleport quickly and CC you with ice moves, holy hell is it a uphill battle.

even if Valk is way too balanced I still love her way too much :P.

I love Valk too. and continue to play it despite its shortcomings. It must suck to be a Wizard or a Ranger, or whatever, and have to listen to people all day talk about how OP and how broken they are. Everytime i complain about Ranger etc i have to watch what i say because there are people in guild who main Ranger and they probably get tired of hearing about how broken they are. But Valk avoids all this entirely, any clear advantage it has comes with a clear disadvantage. If it wants to block it has to stop attacking, and if it wants to attack it has to stop blocking. etc etc.

Relevant story here, i was dueling a Blader, he wanted to 1v1, said he would destroy me yadda yadda. But he didnt have the gear, did no damage to me. Everytime id get him to near death he would run 5 football fields away and heal up. I finally told him, "hey man, you want to fight me but its not fair you just run away everytime", and i shit you not, he responded back with, "well its not fair you can block my attacks." A Blader said that. For those that dont know Blader can not only dash with amazing speed over great distances but they can also block attacks using Q. And that was the best he could come up with.

Anyway, im rambling, please release Awakening so i can feel better about my class and not be outclassed by everything else.

Posted

Id still be leery about trying that, if i had the iframes and could block while attacking like a Sorc id be totally into it, if i could have the speed of a zerker id try it, but on valk itd be really sketchy. 6 sec of elions blessing goes by so fast. Even pulling off a well placed Divine Power is a challenge, have to be sneakier than Solid Snake unless you blow elions blessing. But anyway, Wizards these days seem so tanky. A few squishy ones here and there, but if you come up on a good Wizard who can teleport quickly and CC you with ice moves, holy hell is it a uphill battle.

I love Valk too. and continue to play it despite its shortcomings. It must suck to be a Wizard or a Ranger, or whatever, and have to listen to people all day talk about how OP and how broken they are. Everytime i complain about Ranger etc i have to watch what i say because there are people in guild who main Ranger and they probably get tired of hearing about how broken they are. But Valk avoids all this entirely, any clear advantage it has comes with a clear disadvantage. If it wants to block it has to stop attacking, and if it wants to attack it has to stop blocking. etc etc.

Relevant story here, i was dueling a Blader, he wanted to 1v1, said he would destroy me yadda yadda. But he didnt have the gear, did no damage to me. Everytime id get him to near death he would run 5 football fields away and heal up. I finally told him, "hey man, you want to fight me but its not fair you just run away everytime", and i shit you not, he responded back with, "well its not fair you can block my attacks." A Blader said that. For those that dont know Blader can not only dash with amazing speed over great distances but they can also block attacks using Q. And that was the best he could come up with.

Anyway, im rambling, please release Awakening so i can feel better about my class and not be outclassed by everything else.

This is what I absolutely love about Valkyrie, when lowbies try to attack you and youre just way too tanky for them :D I also like blocking rangers attacks I dont know why. I do understand that some people just love ranger and sorc playstyle and yeah they get a lot of shit for playing them classes because of how broken they are even after nerf. Geez I want that lance so god damn bad.... I want it now it looks so good!

Posted

This is what I absolutely love about Valkyrie, when lowbies try to attack you and youre just way too tanky for them :D I also like blocking rangers attacks I dont know why. I do understand that some people just love ranger and sorc playstyle and yeah they get a lot of shit for playing them classes because of how broken they are even after nerf. Geez I want that lance so god damn bad.... I want it now it looks so good!

My favorite is when the Ranger is like, "blahhh shotgun get rekt", and i block all of it, then jump on them while they fumble around with their mana pots. Most 1v1's tho its like, "hmm.. this valkyrie is too hard to kill, ill just run away", then you see me in the background out of breath, "hey get back here, im not going to keep chasing you!" I know the lance wont suddenly make us OP or top 3 but damn i just want to feel like the time ive spent was worth it. I know Warriors feel the same way but i dont think they realize how much better things are for them - their grapple is so much better, and i can barely keep up with them when grinding because of their speed, and ontop of that they have that huge aoe that aggros and pulls the mobs. And here we are waiting for an awakening so we can have that mobility and aoe pull move. They get that right out of the box and more!

Posted

My favorite is when the Ranger is like, "blahhh shotgun get rekt", and i block all of it, then jump on them while they fumble around with their mana pots. Most 1v1's tho its like, "hmm.. this valkyrie is too hard to kill, ill just run away", then you see me in the background out of breath, "hey get back here, im not going to keep chasing you!" I know the lance wont suddenly make us OP or top 3 but damn i just want to feel like the time ive spent was worth it. I know Warriors feel the same way but i dont think they realize how much better things are for them - their grapple is so much better, and i can barely keep up with them when grinding because of their speed, and ontop of that they have that huge aoe that aggros and pulls the mobs. And here we are waiting for an awakening so we can have that mobility and aoe pull move. They get that right out of the box and more!

I cant wait until I do the AOE pull move in the middle of war and everyone be like ' oh shit!' Then I jump straight onto their faces buahahaha. Lance looks so good especially that weapon skin.. the size of the shield! Im not a fan of the little shit were using atm ;v;

Posted (edited)

I cant wait until I do the AOE pull move in the middle of war and everyone be like ' oh shit!' Then I jump straight onto their faces buahahaha. Lance looks so good especially that weapon skin.. the size of the shield! Im not a fan of the little shit were using atm ;v;

The aoe pull move looks like it will be very helpful, and people will actually notice it! So many people seem to not know that Valk has a aoe heal -__- probably because its range is so bad.. But at least the aoe pull move you cant ignore that. Hopefully get some cheers or maybe a, "glad we have that 1 Valk in our guild so we can take advantage of that awesome move!" Life will be better once we have awakening.

Edited by sweetesttaboo

Posted

The aoe pull move looks like it will be very helpful, and people will actually notice it! So many people seem to not know that Valk has a aoe heal -__- probably because its range is so bad.. But at least the aoe pull move you cant ignore that. Hopefully get some cheers or maybe a, "glad we have that 1 Valk in our guild so we can take advantage of that awesome move!" Life will be better once we have awakening.

We also have accuracy buff :D  Its ok even if they dont notice us Im fine just being fabulous lol