• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So, this game is all about gathering now for over a year for me.

73 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a job and i'm only able to play about 3-4 hours a day. 

I've done some gathering and other lifeskills before Valencia but never got a single Hard/Sharp crystals

i dont know the drop rates of these crystals, but i know it's pretty low. 

5 people like this

Posted

I've done some gathering and other lifeskills before Valencia but never got a single Hard/Sharp crystals

Don't give up.  Also mine them rocks, until you can mine gems.  Than you will want to find caves that have tons of gems.  There's a cave by the spiders between glish and kaplan that has tons of sapphire, some beryl, gold, etc.  But once you can mine gems, you will get gems out of rocks too.  Do the quests too. For gathering there are dailies around the farms that will help you level.  Advancement quests for the professions give crystals now too.

I even started skinning. So was crafting grunil armor, and was farming the rock head bison by stonetail ranch.  Resetting knowledge to get S rating on them.  Use lucky tools and sometimes out of maybe 500 hides I will get up to 3 crystals.  For me it's rocks though majority of the time.  There is a nice spot east of Heidel, in the moutanins where there are some Rainbow rocks. 

But keep at it

Posted

Welcome to BLACK DECEIT ONLINE

2 people like this

Posted

Farmville.

I already have a job in real life thanks.

Why would I want one in an mmo?

3 people like this

Posted

For some farming is a job. For others running around like a spaz for hours killing mobs that aren't a challenge is a job. See how that works?

5 people like this

Posted

For some farming is a job. For others running around like a spaz for hours killing mobs that aren't a challenge is a job. See how that works?

So you're saying the game is shit regardless of what you do? Kappa. As for Hard and Sharp rates, I definitely seem to get at last 1 per 100 energy spent. It's -----ing boring, sure, but it's not impossible. Not even using lucky tools either.

Posted

Spending 500 energy on gathering takes like 40-60 mins. I don't see a problem. L2P issue would be my guess.

2 people like this

Posted

Farmville.

You do understand how MMOs work right? The time you put in(provided its done efficiently) is what you get out. Theres plenty of ways to make silver, its just whether you want to.

5 people like this

Posted

Farming, connecting nodes, sending out workers, making brews, fishing every now and then.

I cant play for more than a hour or so at times, but I like how I can make my workers do things for me.

2 people like this

Posted

What is your goal in the game?  That is the real question.  You wanna just play and have fun, then go ahead and do you, take your time, you dont have to build everything by yourself by the way, you can just kill mobs sell loot then buy what you need.  This game though, its not a short term thing, if you like playing, then play with the "long con" mindset, you don't have to be the first to get stuff, just enjoy your time man.

2 people like this

Posted

Seriously, forget about this game! 3-4 hours a day is a joke, you will get nowhere. Only thing you can do is play it like its a multiplayer game, and forget about ever doing any PvP or bosses ('end game' stuff).

Posted

Farmville.

And how is that different compared to Grindville? Running in circles pressing 2 buttons is like fun?

If you already have a job in real life you cant be particularly competitive in this game anyway. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Seriously, forget about this game! 3-4 hours a day is a joke, you will get nowhere. Only thing you can do is play it like its a multiplayer game, and forget about ever doing any PvP or bosses ('end game' stuff).

I'm sorry..what?

Join a guild, play when you can, grind to 50 when you can, join guild for PvP/scrolls/guild stuff when you can.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sorry..what?

Join a guild, play when you can, grind to 50 when you can, join guild for PvP/scrolls/guild stuff when you can.

Rofl right... and when will he get to +20? Yeah, 2 years from now... Get serious!

Posted

Ridiculous whiny title...

so what ? you want free crystals ? You think you are the only BDO player with an IRL ?

While you wrote your whiny post you could have loot a crystal... now you -----ed your karma and will never get any.

Posted

Use lucky tools or don't even bother.

Posted

I use lucky tools and make my own.

Get 3 workshops and you will never run out if you continuously make them.

Sell the non-lucky ones.

200 energy can get me 2-5 shards.

They are rare but not that rare.

Get 5 gathering.

Get max movement speed.

2.x second tree gathering.

Shards for days.

There are ares that have TONS of trees.

I use trees because I can follow up with processing afterwards and turn it into real money.

If you say all the game is is gathering and you put in 2-4 hours a day of that, then, you are lying. I get shards from 50 or less energy sometimes.

You're doing something really wrong or lying.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can get them from farming (fences) and hunting as well as gathering <.<

Posted (edited)

spend those 3-4 hours a day grinding and you'll get 2-3 attempts at an upgrade vs spending that time gathering and getting maybe 1 a week MAYBE.

If you're master+ at gathering you'll get more, but even then less than just grinding out the silver and buying them from the AH.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

Just grind silver and loot to sell.

Sure, right now it's going to be hard to buy shards in the market, but give it a week or so and it will get better.

Posted

I work full time as well and sometimes 10-12+ hours a day. However i am still getting shards at a consistent roughly 100 energy for 1 shard. I just do a bunch of quests with my guild and quite a few members in the guild are already on their TRI...

As for best way of gathering, i heard gathering wood has the highest chance for getting those shards, but my guild leader said he got most of his from butchering. GL on gathering~ its pretty fun when you do it with alot of people :) 

Posted

but i know it's pretty low. 

yep.  Can confirm 

Posted

You actually have 16 hours to play, but you chose to "only" play 3-4. I too have a career. I work 9-5:00 sharp, then I'm home at 5:15-30. That gives me a good ~5hrs to midnight, then from midnight to morning thats another 8 hours.

I tend to play 10-11hrs daily, with 3 hrs of sleep.

I choose to not have a social life. This game is too fun

Posted

How have you been doing this for over a year when the game has only been out here for a few months? 

2 people like this

Posted

>.>

Till (some) life skills arent useless people QQ about it. You can gather, you can farm (you can even send workers to your farms!) and you can hunt for crystals. Also you could just grind money other ways and pre-order crystals on AH.

Basically what you are saying can be extended to any part of the game except AFK fishing: "I cant/wont play more than x hours a day so im left behind people who do, gib free stuff"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0