• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I keep getting "Unfairly Killed" what should I do?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

I always try to play quietly and peacefully this game while doing quests, playing with friends and experiencing many others features. However, some people (random) keeps killing me, I'm kinda new to this game yet, and I don't understand every facet.

It's alright that players must fight each others if they're in Guild Wars, but I don't think it's a good idea to let others players kill you while you do anything in-game and you're not in war, and even you lose 1% exp and I heard that some items too. Why don't you just make an Arena PVP or some kind of ancient colosseum so the players satisfies their desires of fighting there?

Thank you, have a great day.

Posted

No you dont lose exp. You only can lose trade items.

Posted

Op is trolling nice try 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Reanbell

Oh I heard that 1% loss from somewhere, maybe I did misread 

Edited by TempIar

Posted

I always try to play quietly and peacefully this game while doing quests, playing with friends and experiencing many others features. However, some people (random) keeps killing me, I'm kinda new to this game yet, and I don't understand every facet.

It's alright that players must fight each others if they're in Guild Wars, but I don't think it's a good idea to let others players kill you while you do anything in-game and you're not in war, and even you lose 1% exp and I heard that some items too. Why don't you just make an Arena PVP or some kind of ancient colosseum so the players satisfies their desires of fighting there?

getting PK'ed no longer loses you exp.

BDO is a game that has nothing to do with skill. If you want to stop getting PK'ed just get better gear. Gear trumps all in black desert

2 people like this

Posted

I lost two really good crystals by being Pk'd. I wasn't prepared for the last fight, that's for sure. While You won't lose XP you'll lose crystals and a trade item like I did, regardless of what people tell you. I don't hate getting Pk'd but I sure dislike it.

That said, it is a open world PvP game so unless they bring back the PvP quest, (or make PvP optional)  the OP and others are going to have to be prepared to fight against other players outside of safe areas.

Posted

You dont lose crystals from dieing to a player, but a mob can get the last hit on you in which case you will still lose xp and crystals.

Source - Been in tons of flagged pvp battles.

Posted

getting PK'ed no longer loses you exp.

BDO is a game that has nothing to do with skill. If you want to stop getting PK'ed just get better gear. Gear trumps all in black desert

The line does go Gear > Skill > Skill Points > Level

Gear matters, as it does in every MMORPG...

In other news the sky is blue. More at 11.

Skill does play a factor, a huge factor. Equally geared, or even less geared, players have beaten the more geared or equally geared pretty often. If you are getting your ass handed to you frequently then don't just assume "Oh they must just have so much better gear than I do" sometimes that isn't the case, and also if you're picking fights with people in the top guilds...you're going to die. There is a reason they are there. They play better and have better gear. It's like trying to ride your bicycle straight into a brick wall to tear it down. Why would you do that? They have things for this, its called a wrecking ball. Get one. Thankfully those wrecking balls are still accessible to you here. Just gotta work for it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I lost two really good crystals by being Pk'd. I wasn't prepared for the last fight, that's for sure. While You won't lose XP you'll lose crystals and a trade item like I did, regardless of what people tell you. I don't hate getting Pk'd but I sure dislike it.

That said, it is a open world PvP game so unless they bring back the PvP quest, (or make PvP optional)  the OP and others are going to have to be prepared to fight against other players outside of safe areas.

You only lose crystals when you have negative karma.

Posted

You only lose crystals when you have negative karma.

That's a negative. I was unfairly killed. Had 3000 Karma. Unfortunately I was harvesting where someone didn't like  that I was close to them (talking to their buddies in general chat) outside Heidel. And there were no mobs there to get the last hit on me. So my crystals broke to a player kill.

Posted

Skill does play a factor, a huge factor. Equally geared, or even less geared, players have beaten the more geared or equally geared pretty often. If you are getting your ass handed to you frequently then don't just assume "Oh they must just have so much better gear than I do" sometimes that isn't the case, and also if you're picking fights with people in the top guilds...you're going to die. There is a reason they are there. They play better and have better gear. It's like trying to ride your bicycle straight into a brick wall to tear it down. Why would you do that? They have things for this, its called a wrecking ball. Get one. Thankfully those wrecking balls are still accessible to you here. Just gotta work for it.

Give me a break man. I rarely lose in pvp. It's purely stay based. I no-life grind and RNG to the max stats, and get higher level. I crush people without trying. It's totally not fair.

And the system is set up Gear>Level>Skill

Gear determines damage output and mitigation. In BDO the balancing is so amateur that nearly 100% can be mitigated due to stat disparity.>Level determines base damage and it also determines base chance to even hit your opponent. Higher level character s not only have higher base damage, they are also more difficult to hit. A ten level difference is enough to render you invulnerable.>lastly there is skill. If two players of the exact same level removed all their armor and blackstones. ONLY THEN DOES SKILL MATTER. Otherwise you could be the virtual Ip Man, and still do zero damage to your opponent because gear and level are the primary determinants of victory.

Posted (edited)

That's a negative. I was unfairly killed. Had 3000 Karma. Unfortunately I was harvesting where someone didn't like  that I was close to them (talking to their buddies in general chat) outside Heidel. And there were no mobs there to get the last hit on me. So my crystals broke to a player kill.

Then you need to report that as a bug because that isn't how it works. The system very clearly states otherwise.

@LordOnichan

Give me a break man. I rarely lose in pvp. It's purely stay based. I no-life grind and RNG to the max stats, and get higher level. I crush people without trying. It's totally not fair.

And the system is set up Gear>Level>Skill

Gear determines damage output and mitigation. In BDO the balancing is so amateur that nearly 100% can be mitigated due to stat disparity.>Level determines base damage and it also determines base chance to even hit your opponent. Higher level character s not only have higher base damage, they are also more difficult to hit. A ten level difference is enough to render you invulnerable.>lastly there is skill. If two players of the exact same level removed all their armor and blackstones. ONLY THEN DOES SKILL MATTER. Otherwise you could be the virtual Ip Man, and still do zero damage to your opponent because gear and level are the primary determinants of victory.

Good on you man. You rarely lose. You've spent a lot of time in the game and you earned your gear and your level. I can't quite speak for your skill level but I will just acknowledge that you have spent a lot of time in the game so you likely know your stuff.

However that doesn't prove anything for your point. You've very clearly dedicated time and effort to this game and possibly know it and your class quite well. There is a point where being humble and saying "It's just my gear" is not being humble, its just pandering to an idea that a lot of people here shoot around the forums and in-game -constantly-. Which I've outplayed plenty of higher geared players myself to varying degrees of effectiveness. I've also seen lesser geared individuals do the same. I don't claim to be any sort of pro, there are people out there who would whip my ass and you may very well be one of them and I spend a lot of time in the game as well towards my gear and level.

Gear matters, I never disputed that. It causes one to excel quite a lot in this game, that is a given and I won't argue with you on that. However when it comes down to it that shit player in the insane gear is still going to be a shit player. I've gone against people who very severely outgeared me and they absolutely could not kill me and I just burned them down at every moment I was given which those were fairly frequent. The inverse has even happened to me and I've been quite impressed with that person. People lesser geared than myself have even fought me to a standstill and the inverse of that has happened as well where I fight someone better geared than me to a standstill. We trade GGs and we go on our merry way.

Edited by Jefferson

Posted

Then you need to report that as a bug because that isn't how it works. The system very clearly states otherwise.

You know I never could find "where" it states that directly. I was going to send in a ticket but we (guild) couldn't find the statement. I'll keep looking for it then. Thanks.

Posted

Where is it very clearly stated?

Posted (edited)

3000 karma or 300.000 karma?  i read before that having lower positive karma (like under 150.000 or so) already has some negative sideeffects. maybe breaking crystals is one of them, personally i never lost a crystal from getting pked, but im always close to the karma cap though. That or its just a very low chance.

@Templar

check in your guild window if an enemy guild declared war on you. when you get killed for no reason its usually because you are in war with someone, and if your guild didnt declare back you will get the "unfairly killed" message even though its treated like a normal guildwar fight by the game, means the other guild will see you as red (attackable). Either way you shouldnt lose anything from dying.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted (edited)

You know I never could find "where" it states that directly. I was going to send in a ticket but we (guild) couldn't find the statement. I'll keep looking for it then. Thanks.

Where is it very clearly stated?

Here, it is in an image of the system they posted a while ago.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8044-updated-v20-bounty-hunters-karma-and-flagging-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=168172

WlnHr8e.png

Edited by Jefferson

Posted

Except that's not in game. It's just some forum brainstorming and nothing else. That's probably not even in PA's todo list.

Thats the modified system I believe they went with.

Otherwise I don't think I've heard of many circumstances where gems broke on a PvP death where someone -wasn't- negative karma. And even if they do actually break then its an extremely, extremely, low chance.

Can correct me if I'm wrong, not opposed to that. It's just I rarely if ever hear about it happening to players with positive karma.

Posted

@LordOnichan

Good on you man. You rarely lose. You've spent a lot of time in the game and you earned your gear and your level. I can't quite speak for your skill level but I will just acknowledge that you have spent a lot of time in the game so you likely know your stuff.

However that doesn't prove anything for your point. You've very clearly dedicated time and effort to this game and possibly know it and your class quite well. There is a point where being humble and saying "It's just my gear" is not being humble, its just pandering to an idea that a lot of people here shoot around the forums and in-game -constantly-. Which I've outplayed plenty of higher geared players myself to varying degrees of effectiveness. I've also seen lesser geared individuals do the same. I don't claim to be any sort of pro, there are people out there who would whip my ass and you may very well be one of them and I spend a lot of time in the game as well towards my gear and level.

Gear matters, I never disputed that. It causes one to excel quite a lot in this game, that is a given and I won't argue with you on that. However when it comes down to it that shit player in the insane gear is still going to be a shit player. I've gone against people who very severely outgeared me and they absolutely could not kill me and I just burned them down at every moment I was given which those were fairly frequent. The inverse has even happened to me and I've been quite impressed with that person. People lesser geared than myself have even fought me to a standstill and the inverse of that has happened as well where I fight someone better geared than me to a standstill. We trade GGs and we go on our merry way.

I hear anecdotal tales like that quite often... But it's usually from the guys with the top gear already trying to defend the poorly balanced stay disparity in the gear and level power curve. 

I wont lie, I'm not the best player around. It is quite literally my gear and level superiority that wins me many fights. If the player is within two levels of me, and was running +13 or better blue/gold items, yeah... Then there's some competition. But here are some very skilled and fast players in my guild. They literally dance circles around me. But I still win. It surely isn't because of my skill since I am quite often at a loss trying to figure out where they even are. 

A lot of players will just enjoy this position of invincibility. They'll make all sorts of stories to make it seem as though it "doesn't really help that much" ... But that is disingenuous. I'm not totally shite either, but even so. It isn't a slight, or moderate advantage I have over my guildies. It is entirely unfair and uncompetitive. 

Of course while the system is this way, I'll always strive to have the best gear. But for anyone who doesn't have 15+ hours a week to just smash mobs all day.... It is more or less like turning on god mode. Against +8 or 9 gear. I can just stand there and laugh... Against even up to +12-13 I can play very lackadaisically and still win. 

Im of the opinion power curve needs to be

Level->Skill->Gear. Your items should be the very last thing that affects your battle.

In an RPG, the time and experience you gain is represented as level and of course it makes sense to power up over time.  But usually games put penalties in place to prevent high levels from ganking low levels.->Then If two players are on the same level range, only then are they allowed to battle without consequences to the higher level player. So skill entirely matters due to the system ensuring an equal playing field between the two->Finally there is gear. It should never increase your odds of victory by more tha 25%. Elite gear should give an edge. But an edge is not the same as a nuclear missile.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thats the modified system I believe they went with.

Otherwise I don't think I've heard of many circumstances where gems broke on a PvP death where someone -wasn't- negative karma. And even if they do actually break then its an extremely, extremely, low chance.

Can correct me if I'm wrong, not opposed to that. It's just I rarely if ever hear about it happening to players with positive karma.

That system was never implemented.

Crystals can break in PVP, as per the present language. Crystal breakage from PVP may go away with Valencia part 2 and karma revamp (if they don't modify anything from KR).

That diagram you linked will never be implemented.

Posted

you should just quit, this game isn't new player friendly.

Posted

buys a game with open world pvp, asks for open world pvp to get removed... because logic

Posted

@Alexiel Yeah I meant 300.000.

Posted

I hear anecdotal tales like that quite often... But it's usually from the guys with the top gear already trying to defend the poorly balanced stay disparity in the gear and level power curve. 

I wont lie, I'm not the best player around. It is quite literally my gear and level superiority that wins me many fights. If the player is within two levels of me, and was running +13 or better blue/gold items, yeah... Then there's some competition. But here are some very skilled and fast players in my guild. They literally dance circles around me. But I still win. It surely isn't because of my skill since I am quite often at a loss trying to figure out where they even are. 

A lot of players will just enjoy this position of invincibility. They'll make all sorts of stories to make it seem as though it "doesn't really help that much" ... But that is disingenuous. I'm not totally shite either, but even so. It isn't a slight, or moderate advantage I have over my guildies. It is entirely unfair and uncompetitive. 

Of course while the system is this way, I'll always strive to have the best gear. But for anyone who doesn't have 15+ hours a week to just smash mobs all day.... It is more or less like turning on god mode. Against +8 or 9 gear. I can just stand there and laugh... Against even up to +12-13 I can play very lackadaisically and still win. 

Im of the opinion power curve needs to be

Level->Skill->Gear. Your items should be the very last thing that affects your battle.

In an RPG, the time and experience you gain is represented as level and of course it makes sense to power up over time.  But usually games put penalties in place to prevent high levels from ganking low levels.->Then If two players are on the same level range, only then are they allowed to battle without consequences to the higher level player. So skill entirely matters due to the system ensuring an equal playing field between the two->Finally there is gear. It should never increase your odds of victory by more tha 25%. Elite gear should give an edge. But an edge is not the same as a nuclear missile.

So I'm going to imagine you're in full +15 Ultimate, +15 Kzarka/Liverto weapon (possibly better now with +20 out) and are level 58 or 59? Also going to imagine you play Warrior judging by your profile picture? Also what server? That matters to a degree. The environments and players between the servers are rather different from much of what I've seen.

I'll say it pretty blunt, anyone still running around in +11 or less gear...is a supreme casual excluding super new players to the game because they have a lot of catching up to do anyway in several areas. Those players with that +11, even +13 in some cases, or below gear that you're railroading very clearly do not give much of a rats ass about being competitive in the game or they are just being super lazy about it which that just cycles back to supreme casual. Like I said, gear does matter and I wasn't disputing that but these people still sitting in that kind of gear are not the ones I would call skilled because I very much imagine they are sitting on their butts AFK fishing, chit chatting in chat, or whatever other manner of randomness that is keeping them from actually getting somewhere. They are not getting better at the game, they are not necessarily learning or doing much of anything. It is not hard to get +15 in like a week and you don't even need to no-life it. Same deal with getting 55 or 56 after 50. Takes like less than 15 hours now? Can get to 56 from 55 in like 5 hours of actual grinding, that is not a lot.

I'll say it again. Gear does matter, but you have the benefit of having played quite a lot. If you're beating people better geared than you...those guys need to check themselves cuz you're doing just fine and they should dread the day you match their gear. Which actually I've seen a level 56 beat a level 58. Both Valkyries, the 56 was just much better in PvP, they were having 0 issue against them.

I can get to other points I want to make when I know what class you play and whatnot.

Posted

Allow me to disagree on Skill Points. For some class Skill Points are de facto, more important than Skill, and some classes actually don't require skill at all, just buttonmashing.

If we take a closer look to Valk, our skills to be "decent", needs to be maxed out, (My target is 900 skill point - not so far, still will take me some more time), but definitely both are below Level. At the same time I consider Level less important than Class.

My perception (because this can be seen just as a subjective perception), is Gear->Class->Level->and then skill points or skill depending on particular class. 

For the sake of comparing arguments: doesn't anyone feel skill build should really have more importance ? I mean, adding some real passive (ofc with limitation to avoid taking 'em all), just to try to diversificate our chars. (yeah I was a big fan of distribuiting points to stats on each level :D )