• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I keep getting "Unfairly Killed" what should I do?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

So I'm going to imagine you're in full +15 Ultimate, +15 Kzarka/Liverto weapon (possibly better now with +20 out) and are level 58 or 59? Also going to imagine you play Warrior judging by your profile picture? Also what server? That matters to a degree. The environments and players between the servers are rather different from much of what I've seen.

I'll say it pretty blunt, anyone still running around in +11 or less gear...is a supreme casual excluding super new players to the game because they have a lot of catching up to do anyway in several areas. Those players with that +11, even +13 in some cases, or below gear that you're railroading very clearly do not give much of a rats ass about being competitive in the game or they are just being super lazy about it which that just cycles back to supreme casual. Like I said, gear does matter and I wasn't disputing that but these people still sitting in that kind of gear are not the ones I would call skilled because I very much imagine they are sitting on their butts AFK fishing, chit chatting in chat, or whatever other manner of randomness that is keeping them from actually getting somewhere. They are not getting better at the game, they are not necessarily learning or doing much of anything. It is not hard to get +15 in like a week and you don't even need to no-life it. Same deal with getting 55 or 56 after 50. Takes like less than 15 hours now? Can get to 56 from 55 in like 5 hours of actual grinding, that is not a lot.

I'll say it again. Gear does matter, but you have the benefit of having played quite a lot. If you're beating people better geared than you...those guys need to check themselves cuz you're doing just fine and they should dread the day you match their gear. Which actually I've seen a level 56 beat a level 58. Both Valkyries, the 56 was just much better in PvP, they were having 0 issue against them.

I can get to other points I want to make when I know what class you play and whatnot.

lol, there are days I feel as you do. When they tell me they still have +8 or 9 gear and they've been playing since the closed beta test...I gotta wonder how is that even possible? But it turns out that, it's not only possible, more players are in that position, than are able to run around maxed out. After I ask them how they still have such weak gear, they ask how the heck I have such high gear. 

I'm in the minority in my guild. And probably among the entire player base overall. I doubt that more than 10% of the people who got BDO, ever upgraded to +15. It's nice to be in that top percentile, but it's far from being balanced or competitive, at least with how the stat spread is.

lol, I just got lvl 54 Valkyrie. I run all yellow +15 Agerian with yellow +15 Taritas boots. I use a +15 gold Yuria and Vangertz. I got Pri Witch earrings, MoS, Sealed rings earring and necklace, and a tree sorry belt. Nothing too uncommon. So it isn't Boss gear putting me over the top. I'm on Orwen server also. 

Posted

Allow me to disagree on Skill Points. For some class Skill Points are de facto, more important than Skill, and some classes actually don't require skill at all, just buttonmashing.

If we take a closer look to Valk, our skills to be "decent", needs to be maxed out, (My target is 900 skill point - not so far, still will take me some more time), but definitely both are below Level. At the same time I consider Level less important than Class.

My perception (because this can be seen just as a subjective perception), is Gear->Class->Level->and then skill points or skill depending on particular class. 

For the sake of comparing arguments: doesn't anyone feel skill build should really have more importance ? I mean, adding some real passive (ofc with limitation to avoid taking 'em all), just to try to diversificate our chars. (yeah I was a big fan of distribuiting points to stats on each level :D )

Skill points however do play a much bigger role than level across every class as I see it. A lot of combos would not be possible without certain tiers of skills, for example. Level just enables those skills to be unlocked, but you still need the skill points to unlock them.

Consider trying to play, for instance, Sorc without Imminent Doom, or Warrior without pretty much any of their cancels, Ranger without their kick cancels, Blader/Plum without their Dragon Claw, whole slew of others I'm not gonna list them all.

Posted

Skill points however do play a much bigger role than level across every class as I see it. A lot of combos would not be possible without certain tiers of skills, for example. Level just enables those skills to be unlocked, but you still need the skill points to unlock them.

Consider trying to play, for instance, Sorc without Imminent Doom, or Warrior without pretty much any of their cancels, Ranger without their kick cancels, Blader/Plum without their Dragon Claw, whole slew of others I'm not gonna list them all.

Wouldn't skill points be lumped into level along with other stat boosts and special powers gained over time?

Posted

I agree, I'm obsessed with skill points, I've slowed down my levelling to have enough time to farm them. Even now I can easily get 56 with a few Sausan's grind session, but I still prefer to go for less exp AND get more skill points. When I see ppl powerlevelling 1-55 in 2 days I wonder how they will perform on minimal skill points budget, expecially when Awakenings will come into play.

This PvP system is awesome, but the heavy gear/class dependancy and the absurd gap between atk and damage mitigation, de facto is killing it (or has already killed it), and that's really really a pity.

Posted

lol, there are days I feel as you do. When they tell me they still have +8 or 9 gear and they've been playing since the closed beta test...I gotta wonder how is that even possible? But it turns out that, it's not only possible, more players are in that position, than are able to run around maxed out. After I ask them how they still have such weak gear, they ask how the heck I have such high gear. 

I'm in the minority in my guild. And probably among the entire player base overall. I doubt that more than 10% of the people who got BDO, ever upgraded to +15. It's nice to be in that top percentile, but it's far from being balanced or competitive, at least with how the stat spread is.

lol, I just got lvl 54 Valkyrie. I run all yellow +15 Agerian with yellow +15 Taritas boots. I use a +15 gold Yuria and Vangertz. I got Pri Witch earrings, MoS, Sealed rings earring and necklace, and a tree sorry belt. Nothing too uncommon. So it isn't Boss gear putting me over the top. I'm on Orwen server also. 

So you're at like...roughly 300 gearscore? Just with the Yuria and being level 54 thats actually not exceeding many people in all honesty, at least those that I know. You're below quite a number of them. I'm on Orwen too and the Valks I was referring to had a 1v1 and the 56 came out on top, like I said. This was all prior to Valencia, of course. But as you said, you're not running anything too uncommon, which it really isn't all that uncommon unless those people I was referring to are just...being lazy. This game is about rewarding effort, yes there is RNG and it is grindy but that is still effort and time being put forth all the while you're actually learning more and more about the game. The miraculous thing about BDO is that the more you play the more you learn and the better you get. People who slack off on gearing, making money, contribution points, energy, worker management, etc all typically suffer across the rest of the game because they aren't really...doing anything. That isn't necessarily the fault of the game and while there is still the matter that gear does matter at the same time if people have been playing this game for months and don't have that gear for them to remain or be competitive...then they really don't deserve to have it and low and behold, they don't. If someone is intending to play this game for PvP then they need to get up to snuff for the PvP and those that do are involved in the PvP and those that either RP or AFK fish, or potato all the time that don't have the gear for it suddenly decide "Oh hey, this MMORPG is totally like a MOBA, I'm gonna try to PvP!" and then they get stepped on like an ant then they go and whine on the forums...

Wouldn't skill points be lumped into level along with other stat boosts and special powers gained over time?

In a sense, but more often than not unless you've been saving, since you get skill points at a different pace than levels, you might not have enough to fully flesh out that line that you want/need. Why do you think so many "ninja mains" are complaining that they will be so far behind in skill points and blah blah narutoxsakura fanfic blah blah? Cuz it's true and I get that but at the same time...play the game, you'll be fine. End of story on that one from my perspective.

I agree, I'm obsessed with skill points, I've slowed down my levelling to have enough time to farm them. Even now I can easily get 56 with a few Sausan's grind session, but I still prefer to go for less exp AND get more skill points. When I see ppl powerlevelling 1-55 in 2 days I wonder how they will perform on minimal skill points budget, expecially when Awakenings will come into play.

This PvP system is awesome, but the heavy gear/class dependancy and the absurd gap between atk and damage mitigation, de facto is killing it (or has already killed it), and that's really really a pity.

I wouldn't say it's killing it, it just creates a very clear gap between the dedicated and the potato. No gray area really, either you have the gear to compete or you don't as I was saying in my prior post. The gear matters and the skill tends to come with it. Some lolfishing potato isn't going to be able to beat anyone even if they bought all DUO armor/weapons, etc with all the money they made. Where is their actual experience with the class and their skill points? Nowhere.

Also classes will balance themselves out once awakenings hit. Many are either 1v1 oriented or group oriented right now. Warriors/Valks/Sorceress/Musa/Maehwa are pretty much the 1v1 classes right now (argument could be made for Giant due to their recent buffs). The rest tend to excel pretty well in more group oriented play. Once awakenings hit the balance shifts quite significantly. Warriors go from bottom tier, really only good for 1v1s, to the top 3 class with Giant and I think the other was Plum.

Posted

I wouldn't say it's killing it, it just creates a very clear gap between the dedicated and the potato. No gray area really, either you have the gear to compete or you don't as I was saying in my prior post. The gear matters and the skill tends to come with it. Some lolfishing potato isn't going to be able to beat anyone even if they bought all DUO armor/weapons, etc with all the money they made. Where is their actual experience with the class and their skill points? Nowhere.

Also classes will balance themselves out once awakenings hit. Many are either 1v1 oriented or group oriented right now. Warriors/Valks/Sorceress/Musa/Maehwa are pretty much the 1v1 classes right now (argument could be made for Giant due to their recent buffs). The rest tend to excel pretty well in more group oriented play. Once awakenings hit the balance shifts quite significantly. Warriors go from bottom tier, really only good for 1v1s, to the top 3 class with Giant and I think the other was Plum.

I have a different feeling, but that's mostly due to the old AP vs DP scaling issue, if a potato manages to get a PEN weap (or a TET), just RNG luck in the end, with the actual gaps he will pretty much bi-shot people. Ok the experienced pvper will dodge the first hits, but a second of lag, a small desync, or just a lucky hit from the potato and is bye bye experienced pvper. (Ofc it's hypotetical, in a ideal scenario, any experienced pvper will CC first and finish the job before the potato can even react...).

Posted

And the system is set up Gear>Level>Skill

More like Gear > Level > Class >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skill.

2 people like this

Posted

This went off-topic af. If you see big spawns of mobs that means it's one of the main spawn points and it's heavily contested by the strongest players if you keep to smaller packs no one should bother with killing you however there is always that one bored kid.

Posted

I got knocked off my horse just the other day on my way to Calpheon to complete a quest, just a random person on a T7 horse (I think) and all I saw was my character get thrown off, face first into the dirt, didn't die or anything. (That happened on my way back to Heidel. :/ )

Posted

I always try to play quietly and peacefully this game while doing quests, playing with friends and experiencing many others features. However, some people (random) keeps killing me, I'm kinda new to this game yet, and I don't understand every facet.

It's alright that players must fight each others if they're in Guild Wars, but I don't think it's a good idea to let others players kill you while you do anything in-game and you're not in war, and even you lose 1% exp and I heard that some items too. Why don't you just make an Arena PVP or some kind of ancient colosseum so the players satisfies their desires of fighting there?

Thank you, have a great day.

ha ah ahaha hah aha ha ha ha.

Posted

I always try to play quietly and peacefully this game while doing quests, playing with friends and experiencing many others features. However, some people (random) keeps killing me, I'm kinda new to this game yet, and I don't understand every facet.

It's alright that players must fight each others if they're in Guild Wars, but I don't think it's a good idea to let others players kill you while you do anything in-game and you're not in war, and even you lose 1% exp and I heard that some items too. Why don't you just make an Arena PVP or some kind of ancient colosseum so the players satisfies their desires of fighting there?

You dont lose exp. However you can do what I did. I have a main character and 5 alts. 2 of those alts are my farming alts. The one at 51 Grinds in Calpheon area, Ogres, Hexe sanctuary, Tree belts. The one at 53 Grind in mediah. They all have luck of fortuna and low enchanted weapon just for some mob killing, that way I dont lose anything on my main. Like crystals etc... 

Posted

it used to be a loss of xp, now this doesn't happen unless you kill too many players and your karma goes below zero. Once that happens you turn red and anyone can kill you, you start to break your crystals and etc.

If someone is constantly killing you go to another channel that is less populated.  I personally like PvP, I like the random danger it brings and is just an element of the world. On real life there are evil people and player killers are those. 

When iI die mymy guild sesees it and there become efforts to stomp out the player killer. I've become strong enough that I don't die easily, but there are some fights you can't win.

Soon with Valencia 2 the player killers get an outlaw town they can live in, because if they are negative they can't go in town without guards killing them. Outlaw camp is opposite and guards kill good players instead. There is gonna be a bounty hunter feature that gives rewards for people who kill specific player killers as well as a jail system. I'm glad PvP is not just arena and guild 

Posted

ha ah ahaha hah aha ha ha ha.

Sounds quite empty.