• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

launch March 3rd: Excitement, Emotional, Exalted!

19 posts in this topic

Posted

So most of us know now that Black Desert Online is to be "released" March 3rd! It comes with many emotions of excitement and disappointment for different people. This comes with a few questions and statements such as: When is Headstart?, What do the preorder armors look like?, Where is Blader? Now I want to have something cleared up just a little bit just because of every MMO head-start/beta/whatever I've been in. It is guaranteed that the launch starts March 3rd? Like it's a date set in stone? Are all the classes that are currently being previewed the ones set in stone for launch?

Now I don't want to be barking up the wrong tree, but I mean I have had some cases where dates were delayed because of issues in the past and other silly reasons. Also I am really just too lazy to go searching for every post that has info cause I am a lazy son of a gun. What are my reasons for asking this some may ask? Well say if by some odd chance "Blader" (Popular By Demand) was to be released on launch but not in CBT2 then cool all the more happy I'll be, but! If Blader isn't to be added until a later date then I would love to know that is what is set in stone due to me wanting to be prepared to make my Berserker and plan out the name appropriate for him. Now for the date of launch, why I want to know is simply taking time off of work, and I really could use it because I have waited for this game way too long, followed it way back in the day when it was "Korean Alpha".

Some of these being answered would be a great pleasure :^)!

In other cases, what classes is everyone going for launch? And if you are planning too, what characters are you going to switch to when released?

I am going to be playing Berserker and Switch to Blader when the time comes!

TLDR: Is the launch date 100% March 3? Is all the classes we have been told 100% of what is being launched? Hype!  ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Also for those asking and don't know where to find the picture of the armor from pre-ordering, here you go!

faq_exclusive_costume_EN.jpg

Posted

It starts the 28th of februari if you have conquorer's
tumblr_nlqmmmxbC41ur346po1_1280.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Past samurai facepalming in bushido Heaven. 

B|

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

It starts the 28th of februari if you have conquorer's

Hope to see you there then ;)

Posted

Those are your questions? You really haven't done any of your own research into this have you? :P

2 people like this

Posted

Those are your questions? You really haven't done any of your own research into this have you? :P

I've been really busy with work lately and reading through a bunch of posts just ain't my forte sometimes. Hence my statement of being lazy :P

Posted

Release is 3rd March, early access for Conqueror's is 28th Feb, yes, those are the classes we get on release. There was never any word that Blader would be out on release.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice and simple I like it!

Posted

What i would like to know is, what the pre-order weapon skins look like!

1 person likes this

Posted

What i would like to know is, what the pre-order weapon skins look like!

probably something fitting you can catch a small glimpse of the giant, warrior and hunter weapons i suspect the other weapons will look like that

Posted

I guess it's about time I knuckle down and make a decision if I'm going to main a witch or valkyrie. Decision's ...decisions.

1 person likes this

Posted

March 3rd??....try the 28th buddy! Spend that cash.

Posted

March 3rd??....try the 28th buddy! Spend that cash.

Spent all that swag bruh! Couldn't cheap out on something I've waiting years for!

Posted

TLDR: Is the launch date 100% March 3? Is all the classes we have been told 100% of what is being launched? Hype!  ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

New games this days tend to get postponed for few months after actual release date. But, BDO is not new game. It actually released 2 years ago on KR server. So, any problem this game could have during launch, it was solved 2 years ago. And for classes that will be available on launch, you can see them already in character creation. You should download it if you didn't already. 

Posted

New games this days tend to get postponed for few months after actual release date. But, BDO is not new game. It actually released 2 years ago on KR server. So, any problem this game could have during launch, it was solved 2 years ago. And for classes that will be available on launch, you can see them already in character creation. You should download it if you didn't already. 

Still could be postponed, I've had it happen with like at least 3 games maybe? They were already developed in Korea but I guess it really depends on the company and Daum seems to be good in my eyes.

Posted

Will be playing the Berserker Master Race from day 1. Bridge/Cliff diving with others is going to be so fulfilling.

Posted (edited)

Still could be postponed, I've had it happen with like at least 3 games maybe? They were already developed in Korea but I guess it really depends on the company and Daum seems to be good in my eyes.

Daum guys looks competent in my eyes too. But, Blizzard is much better. They have huge experience with MMO games. And, do you remember Diablo 3 launch, do you remember that disaster? But, Diablo 3 was new game at that time, BDO now is old game. I think that only problem they could have is with server, because it's not same server as in KR and they should do OBT to stress test it. Everything else is solved like 2 years ago. 

Edited by SalWe

Posted

Daum guys looks competent in my eyes too. But, Blizzard is much better. They have huge experience with MMO games. And, do you remember Diablo 3 launch, do you remember that disaster? But, Diablo 3 was new game at that time, BDO now is old game. I think that only problem they could have is with server, because it's not same server as in KR and they should do OBT to stress test it. Everything else is solved like 2 years ago. 

Very true, I do remember that. Also I guess I wouldn't be too upset or anything if the server had some issues. I remember when the first cbt was up within the first hour it was almost impossible to do some quests because mob spawns weren't fast enough. Waited two hours and it was fine, just fiddled around in character creator for a while.