• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please don't force us to Gather...

141 posts in this topic

Posted

Eh i do both, gathering and grinding, preorder is 12mil on AH. i don't get why people are suprised or anything, its a korean mmo after all.

Posted

You guys are NOT understanding the point of what this brainless gathering has done. IT HAS COMPLETELY CHANGED THE FOCUS OF BDO.

How can someone be motivated after spending all day to get one shard only to FAIL at enhancing. Not everyone bought this game to grow apple trees and pick apples. What this has done is destroyed the players desire to play because he realizes that he has to spend another 12 hours skinning deer to progress his gear. 

Just like blackstones drop everywhere, so should  the shards- This is the best suggestion without asking for a free giveaway. 

@CM_Jouska

No one said you had to skin deer to progress, there are many options, hit ore for rough stones, chop trees for lumber or sap heck no one is limiting you to just skinning deer. I Think its time Life Skills get to make some actual silver for a change, not sure why killing mobs over and over again in mindless repetition has to be make most silver over everything hand over fist. Spend an hour grinding at Elric's heck turn ins from there or someplace better will net you 1.3 mil in silver easy.

2 people like this

Posted

So you knew what the game was and signed up for it anyway. Congratulations, you played on RU to come and complain about the same thing in NA version? What did I miss?

You are a typical forum warrior really, no offense. But the way you construct your second sentence, you assume I complained about it on RU - I did not, as it was freely available to buy for money when I played there - so I did not have to gather. I am free to have an opinion different to yours, no need to poke me and try to trigger me. 

Also you end your sentence with a smart ass question, which means you are likely to be wanting to get the last word and win an internet argument, as you lay the ground to make the receiver provoked and start an argument- but that is an assumption from my part, and I do not know enough about you, to guess your behaviour.  

You are free to reply with something unconstructive again. but I will not reply any further,as it will derail the thread. 

Posted

Want to bet?

Sharp shards are completely random. COMPLETELY. So I spent roughly 5 hours grinding.

None. Not ONE.  However I can get a witch's earing in that time. I can get a mark of shadow in that time, easily.

BECAUSE THE DROPS ARE DEPENDENT ON AN ACTUAL AREA. ON AN ACTUAL DROP. NOT 0.0002% chance from gathering anything.

I get a shard or two per day without really trying, just doing my normal gathering for whatever I want to craft. Yet I spent a month farming WE for even more time a day and only saw 2 so far. So BS.

Posted (edited)

Lol 50 stones for a PRI? That's madness. I used ~25 concentrated armor stones to get all my grunils to duo and failstacking to 25+ fs for my weapon. Used 10 concentrated weapon stones total to get both my liverto bow to TRI and my offhand to DUO.

PvPers never told lifeskill people to gtfo, they only said that to carebears who try to avoid all possible pvp in the game and purposely never dec on other guilds or participate in nodewars so they cannot be decced upon so that they can steal people's grind spots without consequences, which is completely retarded and unfair. I have guildies who focus mostly on lifeskills and gathering and even they do PvP and love fighting people gathering in the same area so they don't have to find unharvested trees all the time, it's hilarious to see people fight over a bunch of trees and if you can't see the joy in that then indeed you should not play this game where such a thing is possible.

Oh rng works for me so it works for everyone.

I have 2 characters right now at 55 and 54 fail stacks, my liverto has hit zero durability twice now, i have not made it past pri once.

So take that bullshit somewhere else.

Edited by SakariFoxx

Posted

Oh rng works for me so it works for everyone.
I have 2 characters right now at 55 and 54 fail stacks, my liverto has hit zero durability twice now, i have not made it past pri once.

So take that bullshit somewhere else.

+14.... got to +15 on 31 fail stacks.... then for the hell of it I smashed another stone at 0 stacks right after hitting +15 and got PRI.

How mad are you?

Posted

Want to bet?

Sharp shards are completely random. COMPLETELY. So I spent roughly 5 hours grinding.

None. Not ONE.  However I can get a witch's earing in that time. I can get a mark of shadow in that time, easily.

BECAUSE THE DROPS ARE DEPENDENT ON AN ACTUAL AREA. ON AN ACTUAL DROP. NOT 0.0002% chance from gathering anything.

Really? Do you not realize the ridiculousness of your statement. Getting a witches earring is completely random as well. You could farm for 100 hours at witches and not get an earring. I don't think you understand how drops work in this game. 

Posted

honestly the bigger issue seems to be the rng in gathering for shards rather than the act of gathering.

Posted (edited)

So you knew what the game was and signed up for it anyway. Congratulations, you played on RU to come and complain about the same thing in NA version? What did I miss?

You are a typical forum warrior really, no offense. But the way you construct your second sentence, you assume I complained about it on RU - I did not, as it was freely available to buy for money when I played there - so I did not have to gather. I am free to have an opinion different to yours, no need to poke me and try to trigger me. 

Also you end your sentence with a smart ass question, which means you are likely to be wanting to get the last word and win an internet argument, as you lay the ground to make the receiver provoked and start an argument- but that is an assumption from my part, and I do not know enough about you, to guess your behaviour.  

You are free to reply with something unconstructive again. but I will not reply any further,as it will derail the thread. 

No offence taken, but let's look at the structure.

I said you played on RU, so you knew how it worked.

I also asserted that you are complaining about how it is the same on NA as it was in RU.

My question about ,"what did I miss", is just a question.

You stated now that "it was freely available to buy for money when I played there". Are you referring to in game silvers from the market or a vendor? Or was there was way to buy them from the cash shop?

I'm trying to understand why you would see a problem in the NA release as opposed to the RU version.

Edited by Sigerith
English.

Posted

I pushed gathering off as long as i could as i hate it and hated it in every single mmo i ever played.. Now i really need stones, there are none on AH and i am forced to gather like an idiot.. I started laughing to my self just now when i saw what i was doing (got my little gatherers outfit on, my knifes rdy, skinning fcking goats) I look around me i see 10+ ppl doing same shit lol

I really like this game and i would like to keep playing itbut for the love of GOD dont make us gather, make stones obtainable while doing something else.

If you wanna play the game, you gotta play the whole game. 

Maybe you're not intended to progress as fast as you'd like to... that's ok, it's an RPG and not everyone can or will go at the same pace and be the same power.

Do the best you can within the constraints of your play and don't be a slave to it.

Posted

To ALL players that hate gathering, there is shoveling now that u can do semi AFK, and i got nice shards off it !!!

Posted

BOO HOO i dont wanna grind , this game is ruined , Daum making me do something i dont want to do , sure the game has farming and gathering as a BASE mechanic but i dont wanna do it , wheres my bottle .

Much the same way pver's dont want to pvp but are forced too, and your one of them that told them to suck it up , , so take your own medicine as bitter as it may be and swallow it, your Tears are fertilizing my garden so go ahead and let it rain,

Posted

I pushed gathering off as long as i could as i hate it and hated it in every single mmo i ever played.. Now i really need stones, there are none on AH and i am forced to gather like an idiot.. I started laughing to my self just now when i saw what i was doing (got my little gatherers outfit on, my knifes rdy, skinning fcking goats) I look around me i see 10+ ppl doing same shit lol

I really like this game and i would like to keep playing itbut for the love of GOD dont make us gather, make stones obtainable while doing something else.

Not as bad as feeling like a bigger idiot for not to have had skilled up gathering from the beginning.  You whine now not because you have to, but you have to but you got no sustainable energy to. 

Posted

600 energy and 2 hards...

IMO this is waste of time...

Posted

BOO HOO i dont wanna grind , this game is ruined , Daum making me do something i dont want to do , sure the game has farming and gathering as a BASE mechanic but i dont wanna do it , wheres my bottle .

Much the same way pver's dont want to pvp but are forced too, and your one of them that told them to suck it up , , so take your own medicine as bitter as it may be and swallow it, your Tears are fertilizing my garden so go ahead and let it rain,

i got shoveling now so i dont have to gather.. i can do it afk in few minutes.. Us "pvpers" will get better gear now since shoveling gives more shards and rek you and ur carebear friends, how about that ?

Posted

Shoveling is gathering , guess you showed me , maybe you can dig up some smart while your shoveling.

Posted

Shoveling is gathering , guess you showed me , maybe you can dig up some smart while your shoveling.

Gathering that i do afk and its done in few minutes... gg 

Posted

Who exactly told you to be a gatherer = =" youre argument is like when people are complaining McDonalds are making people fat lol. 

Posted

Sounds like people are just gathering inefficiently.  If you have no lucky tools then you're better off just doing sand digging on multiple alts.  

Doing sheep is also a poor option unless you use the blood, meat, or hides.  Ideally you set up production for shiny steel tool en mass, vending or selling the non lucky ones.  You'll make far too many to store since it takes around 1 in 10 tools to be lucky.  After that you go to any place where you can mass gather with little down time between gathers.  Best places are northern wheat plantation around calph for tomatoes, or the aloe and cotton farms in mediah.  That way you get limited supply "fruit of X" which is very handy for alchemists.  Can just toss the aloe or tomatoes afterward.  Cotton is okay to grind processing xp.

Posted

Do what I do (Currently professional 8 gathering)

Go to Delphe knight's castle, go up to where all the diorite is (past and below the bridge connecting the valley portion above all the harpies) and use a shining/lucky pickaxe, open some chests to get some +1 luck for 10ms for good measure. Got roughly 10 sharps now just by rotating my gathering.

Its a pretty great place to both level as well as get shards. I really recommend it for anyone with professional 1 or higher since it sometimes yield platinum and gold with frequency.

There is no way, even with wearing fortunas like I do, can a player clear all the ore gathering spots before they start to reset. So you can go at it for hours if you have a sufficient number of tools + carrying weight.

Hope that helps anyone suffering from shard blues.

Posted (edited)

It is so painfully obvious that people in this thread have no idea what they are talking about. I am an artisan8 gatherer. I stopped gathering around 4 weeks ago, which means I gathered about 2 weeks after the shards were introduced to the game if I'm not mistaken. In those two weeks I managed to get over 100 shards (75ish hard and 35ish sharp). How 50 shards/week can be considered even remotely hard is beyond me. Even a casual noob should be able to get 10-15 shards/week.

Just like everything else in BDO, getting shards is easy mode auto success. There is literally ZERO things in this game at which you can actually fail, and the entitled crowd is still crying. Stop for a moment and think. Why do you think YOU deserve to have top gear? Why should the game be designed so that everyone is guaranteed to have everything? And why should they get it in 1 day?

Back in the golden days of MMOs, only the best players could get the best stuff, and it could take years to get there. In today's MMOs, people expect to get everything right away. And when they are max lvl with maxed gear after 2 weeks, they complain that modern MMOs have no longevity. Stronk logic right there. 

If you're not ready to man it up and do what it takes to get geared, just accept that you're a pleb and that your place is in the +15 casual crowd. You may not be quite as special as your mom told you. Sorry. 

Edited by tarkin1980

Posted

So many people trying to defend this shit mechanic. How can anyone enjoy gathering? What's wrong with you? I'm serious here. In all of the millions of other things you could be doing with your life, why are you spending entire days / weeks / months picking virtual flowers?

On top of that, what are you going to do with all that silver? Get your gear to +18/+20? What for if you don't like PvP or grinding mobs? What are you doing?

Posted (edited)

If you have the following,

Artisan 9 in.

Alchemy, Processing, coking, gathering.

You can then start a quest chain for any of these 4 professions, which will lead to sharp crystals/hard ones as rewards the higher you go, think i got 7 or something sharp all together and some hard ones from completing processing quest chain. 

For everything else there is always.

Edited by Schlifer

Posted

I have resorted to the forums for a good laugh. The irony in this is fantastic. So much anger over absolutely nothing. As most things, i have no problem with the system, and just enjoy my gameplay day by day. However, if this makes you quit, you were not very commited, which also means that you were here for the flavor of the month anyways. Besides, i am not sure how many times you can threaten quitting, before daum helps you with the door, but these dramatic overreactions are funny.