• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

P2W incoming ?

30 posts in this topic

Posted

this literally has nothing to do with P2W

guess who owned daum before this? Kakao. It's just a merger in name, nothing else.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kakao.......sounds eerily similar to cash cow.

5 people like this

Posted

"Daum Games’ name change serves to unify its presence within Kakao Corporation, its parent company".

1 person likes this

Posted

Meh, gonna buy those failstacks from cashop do :D

Posted

game should go p2w. increase of 1000% in Daum Cash sales guaranteed

Posted

Meh, gonna buy those failstacks from cashop do :D

Race you to the cash shop :$

Posted

Kakao.......sounds eerily similar to cash cow.

You're pronouncing it wrong.. its kaka-o, but yeah.. still crappy ^^

Posted

game should go p2w. increase of 1000% in Daum Cash sales guaranteed

And decrease the playerbase by 1000% xD

But i dont get it, isnt daum the parent company of daum west ? :o Kakao have something to do with daum kr ?

Or if daum west turn out to be more "independant" compare to now, maybe we have a change to see more "improvment" instead of turning that game into a Arche Age 2.0 and make everyone run away.

Posted

I don't understand what you're getting at.

P2W elements exist in BDO in other regions, including in KR where Daum has been publisher all along.

What does changing their name to reflect the parent company merger have to do with bringing other region elements to the NA/EU version?

Posted

it's already pay to win

cash shop outfit benefits like +10% exp, +20% horse training, etc

Pets that give combat exp boosts and life skill boosts.

additional weight so you can grind longer than a free player

additional inventory slots so you can fish longer than a free player

Worker housing that doesn't cost contribution, as well as storage that doesn't cost contribution so paying players can essentially get more free silver than free players

people who deny this are just drinking some Daum brand kool-aid

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand what you're getting at.

P2W elements exist in BDO in other regions, including in KR where Daum has been publisher all along.

What does changing their name to reflect the parent company merger have to do with bringing other region elements to the NA/EU version?

I suppose that's a cheap link with "mobile company" -> P2W

Posted

it's already pay to win

cash shop outfit benefits like +10% exp, +20% horse training, etc

Pets that give combat exp boosts and life skill boosts.

additional weight so you can grind longer than a free player

additional inventory slots so you can fish longer than a free player

Worker housing that doesn't cost contribution, as well as storage that doesn't cost contribution so paying players can essentially get more free silver than free players

people who deny this are just drinking some Daum brand kool-aid

it is but useless after you buy it once. we want memory fragments and cron stones on cash shop.

Posted (edited)

it is but useless after you buy it once. we want memory fragments and cron stones on cash shop.

You, not we.

Not saying that daum west want avoid as much as possible more "straight" p2w element, if you want that, may i suggest you to go play the kr version ?

Edited by woots

Posted

You, not we.

Not saying that daum west want avoid as much as possible more "straight" p2w element, if you want that, may i suggest you to go play the kr version ?

definitely not just me. 95% ppl okay with it

not spending money on some fake generated KR account and I doubt they even take my american card. but no NA version better to be p2w. everybody wins

Posted (edited)

It's already here.

Except they claim it's "convenience".

@waifu one of the not-white knight tards.

Edited by Shades
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

definitely not just me. 95% ppl okay with it

sources ?

Because from a recent worldwide study 96.7% of ppl are not ok with p2w.

Edited by woots

Posted

The game would empty more than it ever has if that were to happen.

A better move would be to remove the goofy design decisions that are obstacles to fun.

Posted (edited)

If they go P2W they decimate their player base. But they also cash out. 

Edited by Nspnsp
Edit

Posted

95% ppl okay with it

With 95% ppl you mean you and your imaginary friends I suppose.

Posted

I hope they stomp the hardcore players heads in by going P2W. Awww all your hard work down the drain because someone THAT ACTUALLY HAS A JOB can catch up to you now. What a shame 

I've got a job , working 9-17pm from monday to friday , and I've much better things to do with my money , pretty sad that you don't ...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've got a job , working 9-17pm from monday to friday , and I've much better things to do with my money , pretty sad that you don't ...

my decision.

Edited by Nspnsp
Edit

Posted

I got a job that enables me to play as much as i want. Not everyone who works wants to pay for catch up "mechanics".

To me you just sound jealous someone gets to play more than you.

Also since you got a job, it should also mean you are somewhat mature but your post really makes me doubt it.

Posted (edited)

I would start not only banning people that post these kinds of things from the forums, but also the game. And then also ban their guild from the game.

We'd see the shit / low effort posts go away instantly.

Edited by Lethality

Posted

Lel too much salt here :p

White knights everywhere. If you can't understand the title and why i wrote "?" then i can't do anything for you :(