• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Was there a stealth boost to enhancement rates?

37 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I simply can NOT build failstacks.  +15 green weapon, with zero stacks I twice got +15, then at 12 stacks, then 15, then 8.

Horse shoes... +10 with 15 stones total.  Saddle +10 with 17 stones total. (it's 31 stones to force at +10).

How are we expected to build sufficient fail stacks to upgrade our gear to pri/duo/tri if we are spending 100's of millions on armor/weapon stones with the assumption that the enhancement rate is still low?  It is not.  I understand RNG, but no person can have this much luck/or bad luck depending on perspective consistently.  

The purpose of the requirement of 29 stones to FORCE +15, is that is it super low chance to hit +15 and you are BETTER OFF in most circumstances by forcing.... yet i cant even get above 15 failstacks before i hit max enhance... i realize this may be good for when you want it, but my gear is already all +15.  

I am now completely broke (several times over) trying to get stones to build failstacks and each and every time i succeed at +15 or +10(pet gear) with extremely good luck, unusually good luck, improbable to think for an instant that enhance rates have not changed.  And if they have... why keep the force stone requirement as high as it is.. no one would possibly force because that would be a complete waste.

I am upgrading expensive, green gear, not reblath.  this is beyond frustrating when i was prepared more than most with a few hundred stones at valencia and hit a complete walll because i cant get enough stacks to begin chancing for TRI.  The concentrated stones are way to expensive to use to build failstacks and too rare to just farm them, and sold out on market so i cant simply buy them... oh and yes, im broke.

Anyone else notice this?  i cant be the only person that can +15 any piece of gear consistently with less than 15 stacks, and usually less than 10... these damn stones are expensive!! lol. i'm about to go crazy.

Edited by Doomviper
2 people like this

Posted

yeah building failstacks is complete shit.

i cant get anything over 20, ever, +14 green stuff, +14 blue stuff, horseshoes, doesnt matter. it all goes through. however im not even attempting tri on my liverto until im comfy around 30 stacks, not for me i guess

1 person likes this

Posted

Horse shoes... +15 with 15 stones total.  

what a liar chatterbox, horseshoes can only be enchanted to +10

Posted

what a liar chatterbox, horseshoes can only be enchanted to +10

dude....was simple mistake, but thanks for catching, i meant +10 with 15 total stones from 1-10.  To force just rank 10, requires 31 stones....to force it.  so even if rng is rng, how can one person be so lucky as to consistently get max enhance with so few stones, unless the enhance rate was increased silently (not in patch notes).  Its absolutely horrid trying to get failstacks.  How the hell does anyone get +15 on green items with zero stacks several times in a day let alone a lifetime in game....?

something is off.  all im saying.  Just want  an answer if the rates were increased, and if so, the # required to force should be dramatically reduced to reflect the change since it is a complete waste to do so now.  per rng rules, at some point is should be possible (probable) to need 30+ failstacks to hit +15... other wise, who would ever force?  get it?

Posted

Use the titles to assist you. Several that "supposedly" help fail or succeed depending on which you use. For building fail stacks I use the "embraced by the dark spirit". For success I use "tri duo what?"

Not sure there has ever been confirmation of it but I know the Korean players swear by it.

Posted

I was using horseshoes to constantly build 25+ failstacks but within the last 3 weeks I got 5x +10 horseshoes without getting over 15 failstacks.

Burning through stones without even trying to upgrade my gear has happened the last three weekends now after making my 8 scroll bosses.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, I had an alt Wiz with a +12 Yuria staff so I thought I would make it Ultimate (because apparently harder to enchant). I was pissed when it went +12 with one stone, +13 with two stones then went 14 and 15 each with one stone each. I would have loved this luck when I enhanced my original weapon.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Use the titles to assist you. Several that "supposedly" help fail or succeed depending on which you use. For building fail stacks I use the "embraced by the dark spirit". For success I use "tri duo what?"

Not sure there has ever been confirmation of it but I know the Korean players swear by it.

devs have said that titles do not affect anything, but anything worth trying at this point.

Well, I had an alt Wiz with a +12 Yuria staff so I thought I would make it Ultimate (because apparently harder to enchant). I was pissed when it went +12 with one stone, +13 with two stones then went 14 and 15 each with one stone each. I would have loved this luck when I enhanced my original weapon.

agreed, i tried blue grunil and got +15 with like 23 stones total... sold it for profit, but that wasnt my goal.  If they expect us to build failstacks to upgrade gear, then we need a mechanism for doing so.  Not saying stacks should be easy, but my point is simply that there was a boost, and it was not announced... and that boost makes forcing insanely stupid and building stacks prohibitively expensive for even a semi-hardcore person that plays daily several hours a day... 

Edited by Doomviper

Posted

The whole system is counter intuitive for the most part.... when you max out most of your items, you have to get new items, and more new items, some items you don't even need to build more failstacks...

1 person likes this

Posted

I've burned out over 40 stones to get my grunil helm from +7 to +11. I never have issues building fails. I wish I had your problem.

Posted

My highest failstacks is 31 for +15 liverto staff(25 were from reblath +14). Other than that I +15 grunil(helmets mostly) for less than 15 fs. I cant build fs to save my day. And fs are so important for +16 and on enchanting on boss gear and accessories enchanting 

1 person likes this

Posted

If you are that ucky just sell +15 items and buy more armor stones...

Posted (edited)

If you are that ucky just sell +15 items and buy more armor stones...

that wastes more stones getting back 1-14.  and since everyone is failstacking the market is flooded with +15 gear, so after taxes there is little profit.. if it even sells.  I have a negative alt for reducing +15 back to +14.  Where i lose more money is getting to +10, +15 stacks, then max enhancing... i just lost 7m silver.  rinse repeat a few times and the loss adds up to serious money that will take a long time to regain, to start again and likely fail (at failing...lol)

Seeing comments above, seems i am not alone, so there appears to be a trend.  I would just like clarity from Daum why this wasnt in the patch notes and what they expect us to do to build stacks to upgrade gear to pri/duo/tri and beyond.  again, not looking for them to make it easy, but right now it is damn near impossible.

Edited by Doomviper

Posted (edited)

that wastes more stones getting back 1-14.  and since everyone is failstacking the market is flooded with +15 gear, so after taxes there is little profit.. if it even sells.  I have a negative alt for reducing +15 back to +14.  Where i lose more money is getting to +10, +15 stacks, then max enhancing... i just lost 7m silver.  rinse repeat, i do this 3-4 times and lost 50m silver in an afternoon.

Seeing comments above, seems i am not alone, so there appears to be a trend.  I would just like clarity from Daum why this wasnt in the patch notes and what they expect us to do to build stacks to upgrade gear to pri/duo/tri and beyond.  again, not looking for them to make it easy, but right now it is damn near impossible.

after losing multiple millions and trying so many times to get 20-25 fs I suspect that is a character or account bound issue with some hidden luck in enhancement. It's not bad but fs are important if you want to upgrade accessories and boss gear. So it becomes harder for people that can't get enough failstacks in reasonable amount of tries

Edited by undertaker610

Posted

after losing multiple millions and trying so many time to get 20-25 fs I suspect that is a character or account bound issue with some hidden luck in enhancement. It's not bad but fs are important if you want to upgrade accessories and boss gear. So it becomes harder for people that can't get enough failstacks in resonable amount of tries

ya that could be it, i have always had good luck enhancing, but not THIS good.  My account would have a significant boost to enhancing.. like 5% per stack or something? but it is not like i am willing to test that luck out on a liverto... not even going to attempt tri unless i have max 35 stacks.

Posted

sad when the failstacking is the harder part than succeeding in the pri/duo/tri enchants....

2 people like this

Posted

sad when the failstacking is the harder part than succeeding in the pri/duo/tri enchants....

this

Posted

When did failing ever become fun?  Are all KR's masochists?   Archeage and BDO. both are based around failing.  What message are they sending us?

I have a pair of boots that have been blessing for fail stacks.  A guildie has two toons with over 40 stacks trying to pri his armor............Crazy!

Posted (edited)

My advice is to STOP pushing the fail stacks so high. So may players are just throwing their money away. PRI/DUO/TRI can succeed with much lower stacks than many keep thinking they need.

• 8-16 for PRI, 16-30 for DUO, and 30-50 for TRI enchanting armor and weapons.
  • When failing enchants and reaching the next tier, STOP, and save the stack for the appropriate attempt.
  • The cost and availability of the item dictates any change in both directions for the numbers above. Use your own judgement here until someone makes a document.
  • When smashing items up to +15, swap alts often so everyone has 4, 8, 12, 16 stacks before going higher. Push it to 20 if you're desperate, but i don't recommend it often. 14-16 is fine in most cases.
  • Concentrated stones are what will push you well beyond 20 stacks.
  • Adjust how often you swap to alts based on the enchant level of the item you're smashing. If going for +8 and you have 6 stacks already, swap to an alt.
  • Always hit your cheaper gear first. As you fail those attempts you naturally build higher stacks to use on your expensive gear. 
  • Interchanging Reblath for real armor at the top end of your fail stack can recoup some money.
  • BE PATIENT :ph34r:

Edited by Ginrei
3 people like this

Posted

ya that could be it, i have always had good luck enhancing, but not THIS good.  My account would have a significant boost to enhancing.. like 5% per stack or something? but it is not like i am willing to test that luck out on a liverto... not even going to attempt tri unless i have max 35 stacks.

ofc, the costs of failing is limiting us of even try to exploit it. It's not that you don't fail, you do, but significantly less times than the average. Even then the cost of memory fragments is a thing...

Posted

My advice is to STOP pushing the fail stacks so high. So may players are just throwing their money away. PRI/DUO/TRI can succeed with much lower stacks than many keep thinking they need.

• When failing enchants and reaching the next tier, STOP, and save the stack for the appropriate attempt.
  • The cost and availability of the item dictates any change in both directions for the numbers above. Use your own judgement here until someone makes a document.
  • When smashing items up to +15, swap alts often so everyone has 4, 8, 12, 16 stacks before going higher. Push it to 20 if you're desperate, but i don't recommend it often. 14-16 is fine in most cases.
  • Adjust how often you swap to alts based on the enchant level of the item you're smashing. If going for +8 and you have 6 stacks already, swap to an alt.
  • Always hit your cheaper gear first. As you fail those attempts you naturally build higher stacks to use on your expensive gear. 
  • Interchanging Reblath for real armor at the top end of your fail stack can recoup some money.

Any one who doesnt know how to properly enchant , take this , would not agree on failstacks for accesories , but for regular gear its about right ... For gear that requires mem frags i tend to go for highend of fail stacks like 20 for pri 30 duo , 38 tri , something like that ... 

Posted

Seems it can be hard to build fail stacks in KR. Was watching his stream before this.  He kept successfully upgrading when trying to building fail stacks.  

http://youtu.be/SQN-iom1NP8

Posted

funny thing is i am doing exactly this.  Problem is i cant get to 15.  All my gear is duo, so i need higher stacks to attempt tri... tri isnt going to happen at 15 stacks... get it?  concentrated stones are not abundant enough to fail stack off anyway, and super expensive method - though worth if they were abundantly available at max price, but they are not.  

All i want is for daum to investigate with PA to confirm enchant rates for gear was improved significantly and if so, they need to be honest with us as to how we should build fail stacks.  also, adjust the # of stones required to force, since it is obvious that 29/31 stones to force is just absurdly high (i have NEVER had to go about 23 to get a +15 and even that was super rare.  

Posted (edited)

I suspect that is a character or account bound issue with some hidden luck in enhancement. 

I have suspected a hidden random rng factor per character (like random hp) for months...... 

Edited by realistic1

Posted

I have suspected a hidden random rng factor per character (like random hp) for months...... 

what could be the reason for this? Like the people who pay more in the cash shop getting this hidden buff? Or completely random per character or account

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0