• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gear Difference-Daum how will people ever catch up?

124 posts in this topic

Posted

We had just reached a point where people were starting to catch up with their gear.  Now with this last patch the gear differential is huge.

Daum and PA how do you expect the average player to ever have a chance in this game? 

I asked this earlier in regards to guilds.  Explain to me how a guild that does not get a castle can compete with those that do.  Income for a castle is around 100 million a day.  There is no way in game for a guild to come close to that number even with the silver sinks with elephants and guild houses.

I am amazed that the game has survived as long as it has in KR.   Right now it looks like this one is headed the wrong way and fast.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nothing changed with +20 update. You literally do the exact same things to progress, only difference is you need to spend some time gathering to get shards. Other than that, grind, discos, world boss, etc to progress.

Posted

We had just reached a point where people were starting to catch up with their gear.  Now with this last patch the gear differential is huge.

Daum and PA how do you expect the average player to ever have a chance in this game? 

I asked this earlier in regards to guilds.  Explain to me how a guild that does not get a castle can compete with those that do.  Income for a castle is around 100 million a day.  There is no way in game for a guild to come close to that number even with the silver sinks with elephants and guild houses.

I am amazed that the game has survived as long as it has in KR.   Right now it looks like this one is headed the wrong way and fast.

catching up as in what? be equal to someone that started before you and put in more work?  this is not WoW.  game was designed for there to be imbalances in gear/level/stats.  Doesnt mean you still cannot progress... its easier for you to get closer to them due to diminishing returns and rng/cost.  

Some people saved up 50/100 stones ready for valencia and rng they didnt even get tri.  Some didnt prepare at all and they have nothing... so ya thats what they get for no prep work.  Sharp/hards were sitting there in reach of everyone on market... 100 of each day before valencia patch.  Obviously some folks made a decision for quick profit and sold them instead of saving.  

11 people like this

Posted

catching up as in what? be equal to someone that started before you and put in more work?  this is not WoW.  game was designed for there to be imbalances in gear/level/stats.  Doesnt mean you still cannot progress... its easier for you to get closer to them due to diminishing returns and rng/cost.  

Some people saved up 50/100 stones ready for valencia and rng they didnt even get tri.  Some didnt prepare at all and they have nothing... so ya thats what they get for no prep work.  Sharp/hards were sitting there in reach of everyone on market... 100 of each day before valencia patch.  Obviously some folks made a decision for quick profit and sold them instead of saving.  

Because getting one shot all the time is going to keep paying customers around.........Probably not.  Most people did not have enough time to gather the sharps and hards and other mats, like they would have in KR.  So the ultra rich bought them up.  The rest have to spend countless hours hoping for one while gathering.  Relics/books got nerfed so that people don't bother to do them in groups of 5 anymore as it is not worth the time.  Sure the grind monkeys have it all.  I am pretty sure there are not enough grind monkey no lifers to keep the game going.

This game should be called and rich get richer and richer and richer.  This game needs a lot of paying customers.  This patch is chasing people away again.

First merge............30 days.

2 people like this

Posted

Instead of being a whiny -----, Go grind like everyone else for silver, or gather like everyone else.... If you want to be at top earn it by playing many hours this game. Like we all have done. Ofc you cant catch up instantly to those who have now played 4 months, maybe after 2-3 month you are at same "tier" if you really push it

Posted

basically you don't catch up.

you grind forever and ever but those top tier guys will still get top tier loot, grind way faster, and already have more workers n shit than you do anyways.

you can't close the gap a bit but you'll never catch up until they quit.

4 people like this

Posted

I like how peoplte see a verticle progression game and automatically assume that people will never be able to catch up. Seems like they hot no clue about gear plateau at all.

And here my guild helped a ttotal been to get +10_13 gear within 2 weeks, including a 13 liverto. In 2 effing weeks of casual play. 

The gsame also has aI limit to how much you can progress gear wise. There's nothing coming other b that the nouvre talisman for 2 to 3 more months. And after awakenings, nothing coming until next year.

The gear plateu is nearly reached. The tietie yo catch up is NOW.

Posted

Instead of being a whiny -----, Go grind like everyone else for silver, or gather like everyone else.... If you want to be at top earn it by playing many hours this game. Like we all have done. Ofc you cant catch up instantly to those who have now played 4 months, maybe after 2-3 month you are at same "tier" if you really push it

Nobody asked to instantly catch up.  Maybe you should start paying attention in game and listen to even the top level people that think the system is broke.  You must be one of those people that think being massively geared and killing weaker players is fun.  When games are no longer fun people leave and leave they have from this one and it is about to get much worse.  When the gear and gear difference is the deciding factor over skill of the player, the game has serious faults.  The gear gap makes it nearly impossible for the lesser to ever win or compete.  So I ask again when more people realize this, who will be left?  Just people like you and I hope you have really deep pockets to keep the game going.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wasn't a problem for KR because KR bdo is P2W. In KR you Just buy safe enchants and your fine to TET/PEN 

Posted

As in every game they will play and they catch up. They always find to fight others like them. 

Posted

Wasn't a problem for KR because KR bdo is P2W. In KR you Just buy safe enchants and your fine to TET/PEN 

you can buy failstacks.

Posted (edited)

By playing... yea it is that simple.

Silver acquisition rate is more then 4 time faster then at release, drop rates on many items were increased, 55-56 takes like 8h compared to 2-3 weeks ealier. Now new BiS items were added making the old ones drop greatly in price.

You say castle income is 100mil a day ... thats on 100 man guild if you were give that to members thats 1mil / day... Grinding 1 mil takes ...30 mins for non geared people. How is that impossible to overcome?

Yes the guilds will have advantage when it comes to amount of money they can throw on siege equipment/guild houses - but thats totaly different issue not related to "personal" catch up.

Edited by Ercila

Posted (edited)

you can buy failstacks.

Yup and they haven't changed the system in any beneficial way to counteract the P2W aspect of Korea. Sure you could say allowing us to force +18, but only GREEN ITEMS which by the way, they didn't mention in their initial announcement. Who is gonna take a +18 yuria into Valencia?

Edited by Nspnsp
Grammar

Posted

Problem of this game is not grind and gear differences - it is perfectly normal for this kind of games. The real problem is RNG based progression, completly lack of consequences and no possibility make other players lose something. It makes grinders untouchable, progression is dumped to grind and RNG. No skill, no policy, no startetegu, no tactic, no trade, just brainless grind and RNG.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nobody asked to instantly catch up.  Maybe you should start paying attention in game and listen to even the top level people that think the system is broke.  You must be one of those people that think being massively geared and killing weaker players is fun.  When games are no longer fun people leave and leave they have from this one and it is about to get much worse.  When the gear and gear difference is the deciding factor over skill of the player, the game has serious faults.  The gear gap makes it nearly impossible for the lesser to ever win or compete.  So I ask again when more people realize this, who will be left?  Just people like you and I hope you have really deep pockets to keep the game going.

you just eventually grind up to them, thats how it works here. 1st goal get +15, second goal get tri everything. Is it always fun? Of course not. You are trying to catch up to people who are ahead of you. Also you will never catch up to those people in level/skill points. Gear can be caught up to but it will take alot of time since you need alot of silver to protect with cron stones and fail stack building. Yes the system is broken but its that way on purpose. This is the kind of game we signed up to play.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its not Daum, its Kakao

mmorpg

Posted

You will eventually catch up , the game is not forgiving , most likely ppl will stop at +19 , some rare ppl will get +20 , but difference between +18 and +19 is 8 ap. So meanwhile ppl will be failing tet and pen , u will grind and get to the point where ur not so far behind. 1 failed PEN enchant costs around same amound of money that to get new wep to +18 (mb even more)

Posted (edited)

It was stated before launch that game is:
- very grindy

- gear dependsnt

- there are +20 enchants on KR and we will catch up to it someday

SO:

- you bought sth that you didnt check and now you whine...

- or you bought sth being well informed and now you whine cus you cant catch up to nolifiers ,,,

My advice:

- enjoy the game, its great and beautifull, its really fun (my real fun starts at Ninja release)

- dont care about others cus this little pinch of salt will make a bad taste of all great things you can experience...

Edited by Kelai
5 people like this

Posted

They can't upgrade forever

Posted (edited)

It was stated before launch that game is:
- very grindy

- gear dependsnt

- there are +20 enchants on KR and we will catch up to it someday

SO:

- you bought sth that you didnt check and now you wine...

- or you bought sth being well informed and now you whine cus you cand catch ut to nolifiers ,,,

There was announcement the enchants 16+ will be adjusted. Now we know it was lie.

Edited by Hekki
1 person likes this

Posted

So much casual

They never hide the fact that this game very grindy 

And if.you dont have time to grind then do life skills and enjoy the game and if you dont have time to do life skills then Just quit 

Posted

The game survive in KR simply because those who don't have castle can PayToWin. Or PayToAdvance Faster by using CashShop to make billions of silver.

Posted

Who is gonna take a +18 yuria into Valencia?

Autists.

I will. Because it is easier to get yuria to +18 than my +12 liverto that needs the same or bigger amount of failstacks to get to measly +15 plus memory fragments. In the end +16/17 yuria is better than +12 liverto. 

Other than that stop calling people something you saw on the internet and think is cool as an insult. You are just another badly raised selfish, ignorant and careless random jerk online. 

4 people like this