• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What I Did in BDO Today

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Blew my morning energy collecting hides and got 3 shards.

Built some fail stacks and PRI two pieces of armour.

I then went and farmed a Crescent Ring and made 6% XP.

Did not do any field bosses.

Did not do any daily scrolls as we do them as a guild on Sunday.

Did not try to to upgrade my alchemy stone as I'm satisfied with my mediocre one.

Bought some beer for my workers from the silver I got grinding.

Melted some iron for steel and made some bronze ingots.

Dried the hides that I collected earlier and made some fine tough hides.

Set my workers crafting lucky tools and grunil gear with the steel, bronze and hides that I made.

Before logging off I used my residual energy up and collected two more shards.

Tomorrow I will do pretty much the same except that instead of gathering hide I will collect blood and make some clown's blood to repair durability on my alch stone. 

wow much management such planning very efficiency wow

Edited by Katsuragi
1 person likes this

Posted

-nevermind, misread-

I think I am falling in love, Katsuragi

Posted

Nothing

Posted

Nothing

Oh come on, don't be like that. If you're going to post, say something meaningful!

Posted (edited)

• Did 5 of the new scrolls that take 1 minute (2 bosses, 7 frags on average)
  • Grinded 10% for 57
  • Did 2 more of those scrolls
  • Tried to DUO Hebe armor, failed (twice) :(
  • Visited Valencia City and got 8 energy
  • Continued Black Spirit questline south
  • Killed a Whale
  • Finally had a chance to visit my farm that I haven't seen in 3 days
  • Got S rank Muskan from weekly scroll
Edited by N1ppe

Posted

• Did 5 of the new scrolls that take 1 minute (2 bosses, 7 frags on average)
  • Grinded 10% for 57
  • Did 2 more of those scrolls
  • Tried to DUO Hebe armor, failed (twice) :(
  • Visited Valencia City and got 8 energy
  • Continued Black Spirit questline south
  • Killed a Whale
  • Finally had a chance to visit my farm that I haven't seen in 3 days
  • Got S rank Muskan from weekly scroll

That is some legit-ass progression, for real. I'm out of likes but that sounds like a solid day of BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sounds more exciting than my time...

• Logged in, claim daily loyalty went into the desert to search for Ibellab Oasis
  • Find Oasis, buy 150 shovels and get quests
  • Press '4' to use hotkey shovel, 'R' to collect 1 scarab 15 seconds later.
  • Repeated the above 150 times, meaning staring at the screen doing nothing but pressing those 2 keys for over 37 minutes - aside from pressing '6' every so often for hotkey purified water.
  • Hand in scarabs feeling thoroughly bored after that duration
  • Switch to farmer character, tend crops
  • Log out

¬¬

Posted

Sounds more exciting than my time...

• Logged in, claim daily loyalty went into the desert to search for Ibellab Oasis
  • Find Oasis, buy 150 shovels and get quests
  • Press '4' to use hotkey shovel, 'R' to collect 1 scarab 15 seconds later.
  • Repeated the above 150 times, meaning staring at the screen doing nothing but pressing those 2 keys for over 37 minutes - aside from pressing '6' every so often for hotkey purified water.
  • Hand in scarabs feeling thoroughly bored after that duration
  • Switch to farmer character, tend crops
  • Log out

¬¬

You should get some gathering levels lol

Posted

You should get some gathering levels lol

Skilled 10 with gathering outfit :S

Posted

Skilled 10 with gathering outfit :S

5/5 Gathering level and you do 1 harvest in 3 seconds

Posted (edited)

Edited by Automae

Posted

True. True. Good point and I wholeheartedly agree with what you just said. I'm simply irritated by the mundane bullcrap and Las Vegas schemes. There are so many ways to make a game difficult! I've played difficult videogames! I wish BDO had more than this. I play because there are still things I have yet to do, but the rest of the game seems just... just kinda dumb to me. I'm sorry if this is just another complaint thread, I understand there's several. But if we don't complain...

Yes, I am taking a bit of a break. Yes, I already have Legion pre-ordered but I hate Blizzard too! MMORPGs just suck now, honestly they really just suck!

Damn, that ninja edit cuts deep. Alright let me think about this for a sec.

Ok, I usually keep to myself, I have a low post count. My previous posts were attempts at constructive criticism. I know there's a lot of other whiners.

No, I don't really enjoy it all that much so I'm choosing to play less! Yep, pretty simple, but I want to voice my opinion about why the game isn't exactly the most fun thing ever.

I don't know much about the Korean version because I grew up in New Jersey, so honestly I really just hoped my first impression during the beta and the things DAUM said might be somewhat relevant. I read the 350 page guide (bible) after CBT2, and decided to hold off. I played anyway. I deserve every bit of misery I've experienced, don't I?

Speaking of Kakoa, I wonder what a videogame would be like if a shitty company like Comcast created it. That's kinda what we're getting with Nzin Corp.

I don't have any ill will towards you Mr. Thousands posts. Unlike Plunge, you're not a mouth-breather who spams white-knight propaganda. I'll consider what you've said to me the next time I'm tempted to create a thread.

actually I enjoy the game.  Remember the game isn't the most fun ever for YOU. The problem with these kind of posts (albeit this is not as terrible as many others) is that they try to enforce everyone else to agree that the game is bad and it is OK for me to take a break.  I think that is what most people are getting tired of. This game is a marathon not a sprint,  if you hate that its simple to just move on. Legion btw is just more WoD in sugar coting but some people enjoy that. So good for them.

Posted

actually I enjoy the game.  Remember the game isn't the most fun ever for YOU. The problem with these kind of posts (albeit this is not as terrible as many others) is that they try to enforce everyone else to agree that the game is bad and it is OK for me to take a break.  I think that is what most people are getting tired of. This game is a marathon not a sprint,  if you hate that its simple to just move on. Legion btw is just more WoD in sugar coting but some people enjoy that. So good for them.

I cannot disagree. I won't respond with all of my opinions immediately as your post is worth some thought. As a prelude, I have played Blizzard games since 2004 and I recognize all of their flaws and tricks.

BDO is enjoyable while learning: Agree.

My fun is subjective: Fact.

My post enforcing agreement: This I am not sure about. I didn't see it this way, but if you're correct then I need to rethink my strategy.

Legion =  More WoD: Warlords of Draenor was an utter failure, and Blizzard has recognized it as such. The features in Legion are those which have been suggested since 2007's Burning Crusade. Blizzard's higher-ups are only now placating such things, since subscriptions have dwindled. I'm not happy about this or what DAUM/PA is attempting to get away with. My argument is not against you. I am attempting to identify the flaws in this game for our benefit. That's as best as I can describe my posts, and I genuinely apologize if they were written poorly.

I am merely another dedicated MMO player, trying to find a game worthy of my time. BDO has been disappointing, I wish it weren't so.

I honestly wish the like system weren't limited to 10, and I'd be interested in more of what you have to say. I suppose it will have to wait, as I am sure I will return to this forum of communication the next time I partake in a 5x scroll group.

Posted

• Used over 20,000 crops on an alchemy stone of life and didn't get an upgrade.
  • Watched a trivial 3-phase encounter of monsters that are immune for 10-seconds, 25 times in a row.
  • Processed at a world boss spawn until I grew sick of waiting.
  • Crafted some beer while ranting to a friend.
  • Logged out wishing I didn't have to log in tomorrow for an event seal or daily scroll for enchanting materials.
  • Felt relief for not buying cash shop functions on sale.
  • Logged into Steam.

And I had a blast just exploring the desert the whole day yesterday. It is only your problem if you are too limited and lack imagination to find something enjoyable about this game. Why dont you just stay on Steam instead of making yet another whiny thread? BDO is what it is, it has been like that from the start and, I hate to have to say that, if you only took 2 minutes to do some research about the game you could have spared yourself a frustration and us from reading yet another unintelligent post.

Posted

spent 2400 energy...no shards

...died at rednose 10 times (still no bossloot for my main after tonz of bosses)

got 2nd liverto with my cooking account lvl 39 at rednose. (3rd boss)

Posted (edited)

• Chopped some wood
  • Logged on all alts and used their 50ish energy
  • Logged on main and used all energy
  • No RBF to get more energy
  • Logged on afk fisher
Edited by Jonny

Posted

• Watched a trivial 3-phase encounter of monsters that are immune for 10-seconds, 25 times in a row.
  • Logged out wishing I didn't have to log in tomorrow for an event seal or daily scroll for enchanting materials.
  • Logged into Steam.

Just ask yourself if there is a fun factor in playing BD. If your answer is NO (judgeing from your post) then I suggest to make a break.  In my opinion there is no better MMO atm (it does not mean that BD is perfect) but the sole point of gaming is to have fun. Sometimes we getting so much used to log in and play that its hard to notice that fun dissapeared. Thats why I have 2-3 games installed at the same time (good ones).  When im feeling burn out in one I make a break and switch to another for some time.

1 person likes this

Posted

And I had a blast just exploring the desert the whole day yesterday. It is only your problem if you are too limited and lack imagination to find something enjoyable about this game. Why dont you just stay on Steam instead of making yet another whiny thread? BDO is what it is, it has been like that from the start and, I hate to have to say that, if you only took 2 minutes to do some research about the game you could have spared yourself a frustration and us from reading yet another unintelligent post.

I invested a week's worth of research before purchasing the game, but i understand your point. Forgive me if my post was as frustrating to read as you say, that wasn't my intention, honestly.

Just ask yourself if there is a fun factor in playing BD. If your answer is NO (judgeing from your post) then I suggest to make a break.  In my opinion there is no better MMO atm (it does not mean that BD is perfect) but the sole point of gaming is to have fun. Sometimes we getting so much used to log in and play that its hard to notice that fun dissapeared. Thats why I have 2-3 games installed at the same time (good ones).  When im feeling burn out in one I make a break and switch to another for some time.

There is no better MMORPG, they are all the same. I appreciate your advice, and I will take you up on that as I finish some of my games on Steam.

Posted

Oh, oh, i wanna do it too.

• I processed over 15k Cedar, Fir and Birch timber
  • Declared war on a guild that apparently has only AFKers
  • Tried to hunt the blue whale, got obliterated to oblivion by the big guilds
  • Tried to hunt alligators, got obliterated to oblivion by another big guild
  • Tried to do world bosses... yup, you got it, me and other 40 people got obliterated to oblivion by ANOTHER big guild
  • QQ'd to some friends on discord for about an hour
  • Decided to hunt the big guild AFKers
  • Got bored, logged off
  • Logged on steam and bought 150 bucks of new games

And to think that I was about to buy some costumes and dyes. 

But on the bright side, I got a shit load of new games on my library.

Posted

My day, acually like every day except Sundays:

- maximize game

- check garden

- give beer to workers-

- get scroll and this new valencia thing

- minimize game and do other stuff, while leveling horses...

- (since it is Sunday I will do my 7 daily scrolls and my weekly, but no motivation yet)

- two weeks ago I sometimes grinded for lvl 56 on my sorc, but since class is bugged, nerfed whatsoever I can hardly kill the mobs I usually farmed easily

Posted

Wasnt off topic. Hes showing that he is now demotivated to play because of whats going on.

Mean Off topic section ... there is some nice stuff....

Posted (edited)

- sorceress photoshoot:

TfyNUXN.jpg

- used the leftover dyes to customize my sled:

Wqpk1Hy.jpg 

- busted up some helms:

tMLzDAx.jpg 

- picked some flowers:

F9ICkui.jpg

- also, the usual suspects such as sausages, guild gathering mission, Tarif dailies, talk a bunch of smack in chat. ;)

- also, scored a cool 10 mil from blackie for getting to 220 CP and used some of those to get to 191 out of a possible 192 storage slots in Heidel, 'cause I have to have all the stuffs. ;)

Edited by Vikander Demonae
have so much fun with normal stuff forgot actual accomplishments :P

Posted

Oh, oh, i wanna do it too.

• I processed over 15k Cedar, Fir and Birch timber
  • Declared war on a guild that apparently has only AFKers
  • Tried to hunt the blue whale, got obliterated to oblivion by the big guilds
  • Tried to hunt alligators, got obliterated to oblivion by another big guild
  • Tried to do world bosses... yup, you got it, me and other 40 people got obliterated to oblivion by ANOTHER big guild
  • QQ'd to some friends on discord for about an hour
  • Decided to hunt the big guild AFKers
  • Got bored, logged off
  • Logged on steam and bought 150 bucks of new games

And to think that I was about to buy some costumes and dyes. 

But on the bright side, I got a shit load of new games on my library.

Focus on that bright side, as you'll find much value in it someday. Here's a short story just for you: I was going through a rough time and decided to commit to the SC2 1vs1 ladder during 2014 season 2. What I gained was an experience I'll never forget, and proved to myself I am not worthless or unskilled. Whenever I play single players on Steam, I'm reminded why I play videogames in the first place: the word people like to mock these days called Immersion. Finish those games in your library.

Posted

• Logged into Steam.

honestly if you just want to log in daily just do that. As long as you do the scrolls once a week you can shrink your playtime by alot.

Posted

- sorceress photoshoot:

Hidden Content

- used the leftover dyes to customize my sled:

Hidden Content

- busted up some helms:

Hidden Content

- picked some flowers:

Hidden Content

- also, the usual suspects such as sausages, guild gathering mission, Tarif dailies, talk a bunch of smack in chat. ;)

- also, scored a cool 10 mil from blackie for getting to 220 CP and used some of those to get to 195 out of a possible 196 storage slots in Heidel, 'cause I have to have all the stuffs. ;)

These are the highlights of Black Desert. Thanks for sharing them. I got 50 mil from retroactive quest rewards and didn't even think twice about it. Maybe I should slow down? I'm glad to see you're having fun.

1 person likes this