• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Explain this.

86 posts in this topic

Posted

Here I am, preordering lucky tools and gather every single day with energy reset and alts and I have so far gone down 1300 energy AND ONLY 1 HARD! IT TOOK 1300 ENERGY AND 5 LUCKY TOOLS FOR 1 HARD. I don't even care about gathering but if my friend sits at about 10-15 sharp/hard crystals every 800 energy and I'm at 1300 with 1 hard, I'm gonna call bs and say this is a bug. I've had bad rng, i know how it feels. Being at witches for 12 hours for 1 earring or farming at helms from 50-54 on 2 characters and only getting 1 scarla necklace, but don't bull shit me on this. There is definitely something wrong here and I've haven't invested in a single node in a week just for what, 3 shards? 

Anyone else having this happen or is this just me. I truly do not care about the game forcing you to at least touch all aspects (especially making gathering viable again) but i better not be screwed over by a "bug" that may or may not exist. And before some of you actually say, "this isn't a bug, its bad rng" I have asked everyone in my guild (cap members) and other friends, and its either you get a decent amount or you go on long dry streaks, there is no in between.

5 people like this

Posted

I spent over 500 energy today, and gathered with lucky tools and I got NO shards at all. This is freaking ridiculous and utterly demotivating.

8 people like this

Posted

RNG is RNG. I got 2 hards in 80 energy with a non-lucky.

Posted

Here I am, preordering lucky tools and gather every single day with energy reset and alts and I have so far gone down 1300 energy AND ONLY 1 HARD! IT TOOK 1300 ENERGY AND 5 LUCKY TOOLS FOR 1 HARD. I don't even care about gathering but if my friend sits at about 10-15 sharp/hard crystals every 800 energy and I'm at 1300 with 1 hard, I'm gonna call bs and say this is a bug. I've had bad rng, i know how it feels. Being at witches for 12 hours for 1 earring or farming at helms from 50-54 on 2 characters and only getting 1 scarla necklace, but don't bull shit me on this. There is definitely something wrong here and I've haven't invested in a single node in a week just for what, 3 shards?

Anyone else having this happen or is this just me. I truly do not care about the game forcing you to at least touch all aspects (especially making gathering viable again) but i better not be screwed over by a "bug" that may or may not exist. And before some of you actually say, "this isn't a bug, its bad rng" I have asked everyone in my guild (cap members) and other friends, and its either you get a decent amount or you go on long dry streaks, there is no in between.

I got one hard shard in last 4 days. GG

1 person likes this

Posted

RNG is RNG. I got 2 hards in 80 energy with a non-lucky.

Well, RNG sucks then. 

Let's RNG (gathering) to be able to RNG more (upgrading). There should at least be more ways of acquiring these much like with Blackstones where you can get them through contribution quests or Hunter seals.........

Posted

Change channels every now and then.

Also change to a different form of gathering every now and then.

Posted

I got 2 hard shard in 40 energy and then one sharp after 100 energy, gather with the intent of leveling your gathering/alchermy or whatever instead of gathering solely to get shards, it's pointless and frustrating.

Posted

Well, RNG sucks then. 

Let's RNG (gathering) to be able to RNG more (upgrading). There should at least be more ways of acquiring these much like with Blackstones where you can get them through contribution quests or Hunter seals.........

Don't focus on it and it becomes less of an issue. I just do it to pass time while doing relics. If I don't get one no problem, some money from bloods. If I do, awesome.

Posted

Over 1k energy, artisan gathering, shining steel tools, no shards.

Posted

Yea rng is rng. I got 2 sharps back to back then didnt get any the next 100 energy. On average i get 4 every 200 energy which i consider decent.

Posted

git gud at praying RNGesus. recite the ancient text properly

1 person likes this

Posted

you can do some Gathering/alchemy quest for shard/hard :P

For me today  with 250 energy and professional gathering  4 hard 1 shard

Posted (edited)

Obviously you haven't been praising RNGesus enough, thus you're getting punished. 

From now on you should start and finish each gathering session by praying to RNGesus, our lord and saviour

kiJvCNq.jpg

Edited by Sweeziee
1 person likes this

Posted

haven't gotten one yet either

have gone from skilled 4 gathering to skilled 10 gathering ... no sharp or hard (using lucky tools for 100% of that time)

Posted

Well, RNG sucks then. 

Someone was literally talking about this right as i read it lol.

Posted

I'd sell my stockpile (100+) if the price would go higher.

Seriously, people, it's been three days. Give it a week or two and they'll start becoming much more common on the market. Just farm silver in anticipation of that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Got 2 sharp in a row and 3 total - 50 energy. Since then I've spent maybe 1500-2000 for 2 hards. I get why it needs RNG and RNG can add a lot of fun, but in this case they've just gone far, faaaaaaar overboard. Which they seem to do with most things.

I think Lazy Peon summarized it pretty well: In Black Desert you're not going "yay I got an upgrade", you're going "About -----ing time I got that upgrade". Which is really demotivating yeah.

3 people like this

Posted

Farming will net you on average 5 sharp/hard a day.

Posted

Reverse bad luck for me.

I get like, 1 sharp and 2-3 hards within 50 energy everyday but they all fail, all of them fail hahaha. Like not a single one succeeds at all even with 40+ failstacks.

1 person likes this

Posted

@GM_Dew yes, how would you explain such circumstances? are they really just "rng" like we all excuse these issues or are there mechanics not wanting to be talked about?

Posted

its because Daum likes to fck with drop rates..... before valencia it wasn't like this... not even close.

1 person likes this

Posted

i dOnt think lucky tools make a differenc

Posted

try fence farming. if you have a lot of cont points get multiple 10 slot fences, high quality seeds and tend to them every now and then. I get so many shards I just sell them since I´m far from needing them yet : P

Posted

you should just quit cuz this BDO's RNG.

Posted (edited)

Farming will net you on average 5 sharp/hard a day.

Thats bull shit. I've done that too and i havent even gotten 1 shard from farming.

EDIT: I ahve literally dedicated every bit of my day to these shards. It's boss, guild quest, sleep, farm/gather. That's it. That is all i do every day, and where I'm at compared to what other people get is stupid.

Edited by Zebari
1 person likes this