• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Explain this.

86 posts in this topic

Posted

...and I'm here like yeah I just got 2 hard and 1 sharp from 20 humpback whale and 1 hard yesterday from the alligator. Used like 25 energy total and like 1-2 hours yeah.....sometime ya just have to be rng loved or git gud.

Posted

It almost feels like Lucky tools are worthless in the grand scheme of things. Could use an entire lucky tool up and not see 1 shard, then gather by hand from a bush and suddenly get a shard.

Posted

Went to mine 1 rough stone for quest and got a sharp. :3

Posted

• Artisan 1 gathering.
  • Using LUCKY TOOLS.
  • Gathering at connected nodes.
  • Changing spots daily - trees to hide etc.
  • Getting reliably 1 shard every 100 energy. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Posted

It almost feels like Lucky tools are worthless in the grand scheme of things. Could use an entire lucky tool up and not see 1 shard, then gather by hand from a bush and suddenly get a shard.

Reminds me of when i go to witch and get 2 back to back earrings. Funny part about that is that both earrings get off of green orcs or skeletons which are C rank but never off my lizards which are S.

Posted

Attempting to grind for a piece of gear:

"I've spent 3 weeks grinding for this item, and I haven't gotten it yet!"

"Have you leveled up your node and gotten S rank?"
"NO! WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO!?!?"

"Uh....welcome to RNG?  Git Gud."

Attempting to grind for a Shard:

"I JUST STARTED THIS STUFF, I HIT A TREE, I SPENT 1000 ENERGY, I DIDNT SEE MORE THAN 2 SHARDS!"

"Have you reached Artisan rank in Gathering?"

"NO!  WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO?!?"

"OMG IMMA GO MAKE A FORUM POST ABOUT GATHERING AND HOW I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO"

Posted (edited)

"I JUST STARTED THIS STUFF, I HIT A TREE, I SPENT 1000 ENERGY, I DIDNT SEE MORE THAN 2 SHARDS!"

Tell that to my artisan gathering members and how they are dry for that long. Gathering level has done nothing for shard gain. Keep talking shit. Your never going to be right if you continue to say stupid shit like this.

Also, I specifically said i do not mind gathering, because it brings a dead part fo the game abck to life. I however do not enjoy the "rng" system that goes along with it as in, you get -----ed or you get a ----- ton. There is no average. 

Edited by Zebari
1 person likes this

Posted

Funny thing is, even if you have S rank and node at rank 10 you can still have shit RNG. Just like even if you are Guru at Gathering you can still not see a shard for an entire week.

5 people like this

Posted

RNG is RNG. I got 2 hards in 80 energy with a non-lucky.

i think the problem is, and i know how this sounds, but the rng is to.... random. it shouldent vary THAT much. one thing they could easily do is if nothing else have an hourly quest  and have it say a requirement to "gather x many times" reward is a hard or sharp shard of your choosing

they could change the drop rate on them , its just utterly ridiculous that you can go that much energy and get nothing.

but others are getting 2 in one gather.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tell that to my artisan gathering members and how they are dry for that long. Gathering level has done nothing for shard gain. Keep talking shit. Your never going to be right if you continue to say stupid shit like this.

Also, I specifically said i do not mind gathering, because it brings a dead part fo the game abck to life. I however do not enjoy the "rng" system that goes along with it as in, you get -----ed or you get a ----- ton. There is no average. 

You're supplying anecdotal evidence to apparently cover for your lack of gathering skill.  You've specifically deflected a reference to your own gathering skill.  Many consistent gatherers both here on the forum and in game have expressed that they felt Artisan resulted in more consistent Shard production.  They still have dry spells, as that is the nature of RNG, but they have a longer term consistency.

Personally, I expended 300 energy last night and received 0 shards.  I expended 100 energy today and received two shards.

Posted

@Zebari @xDrac @Criticals @XkiviX @FluxKappacitor @Cathgar @Obscures @Sedeena @Rainfalls @Catastigma @Sweeziee @coach @squidgod @Crowleyz @LoneWolf  @Anamesogood @Mr_Yellow @Lemon Crush @sweetesttaboo @legendary_item @RainbowRat @Burhead

Alright. I am lagging and can't really play the game. Seen enough of these threads today I thought I'd jump in and help you out. First, stop trying to "farm" shards gathering a bunch of random stuff not in Valencia, farms or otherwise. Second, grab a shovel and start digging in Valencia *hint hint hint hint hint hint* Find the right "spot" and make it rain shards.

You guys are trying to get "valencia content" while not doing any of the things released in Valencia. Whaling, crocs, and finally *hint hint hint hint hint* shoveling in the right location of the desert. I hope this motivates some of you to explore Valencia.

2 people like this

Posted

You're supplying anecdotal evidence to apparently cover for your lack of gathering skill.  You've specifically deflected a reference to your own gathering skill.  Many consistent gatherers both here on the forum and in game have expressed that they felt Artisan resulted in more consistent Shard production.  They still have dry spells, as that is the nature of RNG, but they have a longer term consistency.

Personally, I expended 300 energy last night and received 0 shards.  I expended 100 energy today and received two shards.

Well srry. I'm pro gathering if you wanted to know. Nonetheless, its a large jump. And like I HAD SAID, there are artisan gatherers getting nothing so you might be one of the lucky ones.

You do have to realize that only a certain type of person actually goes on the forums. Basing your knowledge off of people on forums compared to the hundreds in game is 2 very different things and can lead to different results but more numbers means a better amount to work off which is what I'm arguing about.

Also like @sweetesttaboo there are a handful (probably majority out of what I have seen) of people who have been in both situations you listed that get way more than the "higher group". 

Example, from my own experience, second time i went to skeletons, i got a double witch earring back to back. Now, if you don't know, my node was never unlocked, all ranks were B or below, and i got something that most people will probably never get. 

For gathering, my friend has an alt that got 5 shards (2 sharp/3 hard) in a little under 200 energy. Alt was made about a week before and has never touched a plant or animal in it's life other than to get to level 5.

Rng is rng, and i understand that, but this one, doesnt seem normal. At least when i play other games with rng, rares are difficult, but you know that within about 10 (varies) tries at the task you are probably going to get the item. But that is just step one of many so lets say there are 5 steps, you need no more than 50 tries unless you are unlucky. In this game, i go in thinking, i get a shard right away or don't get one at all. Could take 2, could take 2000. Like there are normal rng gaps but gaps like this are stupidly wide for what people think is just "rng". This games rng is the only rng i have ever heard people complain about day in and day out and that says something, especially if the majority of the comments and threads are about the same gathering topic. 

@Zebari @xDrac @Criticals @XkiviX @FluxKappacitor @Cathgar @Obscures @Sedeena @Rainfalls @Catastigma @Sweeziee @coach @squidgod @Crowleyz @LoneWolf  @Anamesogood @Mr_Yellow @Lemon Crush @sweetesttaboo @legendary_item @RainbowRat @Burhead

Alright. I am lagging and can't really play the game. Seen enough of these threads today I thought I'd jump in and help you out. First, stop trying to "farm" shards gathering a bunch of random stuff not in Valencia, farms or otherwise. Second, grab a shovel and start digging in Valencia *hint hint hint hint hint hint* Find the right "spot" and make it rain shards.

You guys are trying to get "valencia content" while not doing any of the things released in Valencia. Whaling, crocs, and finally *hint hint hint hint hint* shoveling in the right location of the desert. I hope this motivates some of you to explore Valencia.

Yo, i wasted like 250 energy in valencia and went dry all night. Did get a gold ingot tho lol. Some things work for some but not for others. Just depends.

Posted

so basically theres a super secret hidden spot in valencia that gives you shards every time, and they dident tell us? gee i wish that surprised me

Posted

Yo, i wasted like 250 energy in valencia and went dry all night. Did get a gold ingot tho lol. Some things work for some but not for others. Just depends.

"Find the right "spot" and make it rain shards." You'll know when you've found it... there's like 9-11 people just sitting there spam digging all day....

Posted

"Find the right "spot" and make it rain shards." You'll know when you've found it... there's like 9-11 people just sitting there spam digging all day....

I'm not goign to look around the entire desert for one spot lol. Pm me if you are actually want to tell me.

Posted

Thats bull shit. I've done that too and i havent even gotten 1 shard from farming.

EDIT: I ahve literally dedicated every bit of my day to these shards. It's boss, guild quest, sleep, farm/gather. That's it. That is all i do every day, and where I'm at compared to what other people get is stupid.

you just suck at gathering. Get artisan artisan n get 2-4 hard/sharp a day with only 200 energy 

Posted

yeah its RnG, 

RnG does not mean a guaranteed drop after a certain amount of hours.

For example you complain about getting 1 scarla only,

while me on the other hand grind helms 50-54 as well, and never ever saw a scarla drop for me.. but my mates who do some GQ with me sometimes gets 2 or more drops in one guild quest

then the next day i got 2 gladiators in one guild quest at manes, but my mates were not that lucky and claims that gladiator belts are rarer.

TLDR

RNG is RNG

Posted

I got 15 shards in 210 energy with nonlucky. Feels good.

RNG is RNG. Statistically the odds are against u and that is all there is to it. Pray for a new luck seed is all I can say.

Posted

Unfortunately Valencia patch made it  necessary to gather for at least 3 hours per day everyday. I do not want to gather 3 hours per day just to get sharps and hards but I have no other choice. On a excellent day i get up to 6. On a bad day i get 0 and that is 450 energy. I do not play this game to gather....I bought this game to pvp. I am not sure how much more of this gathering I can handle. You say buy it on the auction house? I would but there is literally NOTHING to buy atm. There isn't anything less then 100k to fail stack on lately. The game is a mess at current state.  A whole lot of people are quitting because the balance in gear is atrocious. I'm pretty sure if I cant pri some more of my things I will end up leaving soon.Not enough play time and too much gathering which is redundant at best. It's pretty sad. I'd love to stop chopping trees and digging in dirt, its getting harder and harder to log in. 

Posted

Unfortunately Valencia patch made it  necessary to gather for at least 3 hours per day everyday. I do not want to gather 3 hours per day just to get sharps and hards but I have no other choice. On a excellent day i get up to 6. On a bad day i get 0 and that is 450 energy. I do not play this game to gather....I bought this game to pvp. I am not sure how much more of this gathering I can handle. You say buy it on the auction house? I would but there is literally NOTHING to buy atm. There isn't anything less then 100k to fail stack on lately. The game is a mess at current state.  A whole lot of people are quitting because the balance in gear is atrocious. I'm pretty sure if I cant pri some more of my things I will end up leaving soon.Not enough play time and too much gathering which is redundant at best. It's pretty sad. I'd love to stop chopping trees and digging in dirt, its getting harder and harder to log in. 

they go up all the time. Just preorder they sell out too fast to buy it via normal 

Posted (edited)

Funny thing is, even if you have S rank and node at rank 10 you can still have shit RNG. Just like even if you are Guru at Gathering you can still not see a shard for an entire week.

This. Rank 9 node and reset all the mobs to A - S and I havent seen WE in weeks. When I had it at 1 and just started doing the quests there I got 2 back to back in 10 minutes. All the conspiracy theories and 5 pages long excel sheets can bite my ass, if RNG hates you nothing helps.

Edited by Kat
1 person likes this

Posted

they go up all the time. Just preorder they sell out too fast to buy it via normal 

12m per for preorder. I dont have the money fro that. No one has the money for that.

Posted

12m per for preorder. I dont have the money fro that. No one has the money for that.

Spend less time on the forum and more time grinding money.  12m is a short trip to Pirates, or an even shorter trip to Sausan with the way the markets are pushing failstack gear and blackstones.

Posted

Spend less time on the forum and more time grinding money.  12m is a short trip to Pirates, or an even shorter trip to Sausan with the way the markets are pushing failstack gear and blackstones.

It doesn't take much time to post on the forums.

Posted

On my Beginner level 4 gatherer - I've gotten 2 sharp and 1 hard from trees in and around towns. On my Professioanl 9 gatherer - 1 hard in 1200 energy spent gathering, mining, skinning, harvesting, you name it. Skill means nothing - it's pure bullshit super random RNG.

And it is depressing as hell.

1 person likes this