• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guild House Auction experience

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, today first guild house auction is done.

Because there is no visible information how much money is involved and it's now clear:

- it's server wide, NOT channel locked.
- you can start with 100k, but it's useless because some1 has already bid on it. You cannot see it, unfortunately.
- you wont see it's already bidded by one guild. So the amount money you must start is very hard to tell
- First bid will use already your bidding counter. So you have 2 bids to go.
- Even you try big higher price you still cannot see how high the price already... After 2 tries it's already over... you still don't know.

It's really hard to see for first experience. So i hope others want share first experiences here so we learn more about Guild House Bidding system.

You may tell how much you spend for your guild house, but it's not needed if you want keep secret. But secrets will told someday.
I want only know how high prices are on average for one house. So you know how much money you need for the first bid.

And throw very high bid price is also problem:
- it will cost you 5% daily of the highest bidding price. So if you throw too much money in, you will pay very much for it.
- be careful for small guilds with throwing high price! If there are no funds, it will just shut down.

Posted

It is called a blind auction.  They work this way for a reason.  They want you to over spend to get what you want. 

Posted

I know it. But still unclear for new users or new guild leaders. Also, for many guild leaders first experience and i think some leaders bid already 3 times and still no clue what the prices are....

You have some feeling the some houses might have 100M bid on it...

Posted

I know it. But still unclear for new users or new guild leaders. Also, for many guild leaders first experience and i think some leaders bid already 3 times and still no clue what the prices are....

You have some feeling the some houses might have 100M bid on it...

Valencia guild houses should have the most expensive bids since they are the only ones with elephant nurseries.  Avoid those if you aren't a rich guild.  Every other one should be less expensive since they'll all share the same things.

Posted

Ah, good information. So other guild houses outside Valencia has nothing for elephants,

Posted

Apparently the system failed to tell people on Uno that their bid was no longer the top bid, so they had no clue that they needed to bid again or there was something buggy with their bids.  Why have two other bids if you don't realize that you are no longer the top dog.

Also where do you get the [guild] wood and other materials needed to make the packs?  I know the elephant stuff drops off mobs in Val.  Is the rest of this stuff not actually in the game?

Most guilds honestly do not have enough guild points at this time to have Elephants and Guild Trading unless they put nothing into their combat skills.  This tells me that KR got this stuff way way later than we did.  Where is the guild re-sepc item?

Posted (edited)

Apparently the system failed to tell people on Uno that their bid was no longer the top bid, so they had no clue that they needed to bid again or there was something buggy with their bids.  Why have two other bids if you don't realize that you are no longer the top dog.

Also where do you get the [guild] wood and other materials needed to make the packs?  I know the elephant stuff drops off mobs in Val.  Is the rest of this stuff not actually in the game?

Most guilds honestly do not have enough guild points at this time to have Elephants and Guild Trading unless they put nothing into their combat skills.  This tells me that KR got this stuff way way later than we did.  Where is the guild re-sepc item?

Thats odd indeed. It should be telling the guild leader immediately that their bid wasn't high enough. This appears in text with the NPC and in the general/notice text on Tab 1.  There is also an mail msg after being outbid.

There are quests that provide the materials for packs.

A one time guild spec item would be nice as there are now additional skills that were not previously available.

My experience / complaints/suggestions

1 - In any auction you know what the current bid is or at least a range.  Having it open ended wastes time and bids

2 - If you do not have enough guild funds to commit to a current bid + taxes, you should not be allowed to place a bid as in - it should be grayed out

3 - Houses where bids were rejected at the close of bidding should have a limited time open bid say 10 minutes after the round closes any houses without bids would then be available for a 5 minute bid session or something.  Perhaps an outright purchase of the house for 2 weeks in the event that no bids were successful.

4 - More bids should be available for a region if you were unsuccessful at becoming the highest bidder for a particular house.

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

As a random note, the guild house our guild bid on went for 64 million (we had placed a third bid at 30). Any other guild leaders have any input as to what the pricing was for with their guild house / or what they lost the house to?

Posted

Because bids are very limited, it's not fair system will tell you afterwards your bid is too low and you lost already one bid count.
In some auction systems i know, also real auctions, you get already warning the starting bid is too low.

Once your bid is accepted, the bidcounter can start count down. If your bid is too low, it should already refused by system with message. You need higher value and try again.

With limited 3 bids / one house, it's practically impossible in blind auction to get house without knowning possible price. That way, it's really one-side win for top guilds if they throw high money in and no one knowns how high...

What is more: if i know the bidding price is too high for me, i can stop with bidding and try another house, without wasting bids.
That way, auction is more fun and more chance to get house.

From now, without prices experiences thanks to blind auction, and wasting bids in guessing which bidding value is high enough, most guilds will not bid because it's very unfair.
Why minimal 100k? Very misleading because it's already high.

This blind auction is way too blind.

Posted

My guild that we won the bid... until it was over... we got no notification that someone outbid us..... I am not surprised thou. I was expecting issues anyway... Duam is starting to reach Trion lvl for me lol..

Posted

figured id try it.

Put 15mil. too low

put 20 mil too low

confirmed that only the top guilds with craploads of guild funds would monopolize on all the guild houses and casual guilds/smaller guilds will have no chance to enjoy guild houses.

What they should do is make them instanced like residences so EVERY guild can have a house (and make it smaller and have less features) and add guild mansions for the richer guilds to auction over (with better features).

1 person likes this

Posted

Its a stupid bidding system. 

How exactly will I know that my 10m is beaten? thats not even bidding, thats just wasting guild funds. Bidding is when you know what youre bidding against. 

figured id try it.

Put 15mil. too low

put 20 mil too low

confirmed that only the top guilds with craploads of guild funds would monopolize on all the guild houses and casual guilds/smaller guilds will have no chance to enjoy guild houses.

What they should do is make them instanced like residences so EVERY guild can have a house (and make it smaller and have less features) and add guild mansions for the richer guilds to auction over (with better features).

This true, except since nobody knows who bidded where, theres chances there are houses with no bids. Edan - Calpheon right now has houses unoccupied lol. 

Also, in the future, there will be guild ships that can function as guild houses... so thats one thing to counter the fact that the top tier guilds will be ahead over everyone.

Posted

Lost a guild house to a 35 mil bid, we had bid 25 mil, still had 2 bids remaining and was on location for the last 30+ mins of the auction waiting.  At no time, even being there, having remaining bids and periodically looking at the guild manager did we ever know we had been outbid and we were prepared to bid more.  Total load of crap.  Between launch and other crap shoots like this I'm feeling more fondly about Trion.

Posted

figured id try it.

Put 15mil. too low

put 20 mil too low

Top guilds should only go for Valencia to get the elephants.

Other guild houses should be fairly easy to get as there are many in each major town.

Posted

if you cant get a house for whatever reason.. you can tame elephants at Annexes with Valencia part 2. The only thing you're missing is the gear but you can buy it off the market place. Also there will be a new way of getting a guild house with Part III.

Posted

Alustin Olivia guild house was 101 mil, the guild that won it was not one of the 3 to possess a region, forgot to check if they had a node but for a week of guild house they will pay if i'm correct 101 + 5.05*7 = 136.35 mil hope they had a huge guild treasure and are ready to farm whatever the guild house let you craft for funds.

An extra large gathering quest bank 1.5 mil you can do 5 of them per day so 7.5 mil a day, subtract the 5.05 of guild house rent -> 2.45 mil  subtract the guild cost and salaries you can net a 15 mil a week. 

If you want to keep it you'll need a node, a big one , that will cost you your 15 mil at least...... no failure alowed, no guild boss.

That is a hard choice they made, hope for them they can make something out of it.

Posted

what is the point of the guild house? i mean, apart from the elephant nursery, what does it give you?  what are you able to do with it?

Posted

what is the point of the guild house? i mean, apart from the elephant nursery, what does it give you?  what are you able to do with it?

Guild storage, imperial trading, something with crafting.  Patch notes kinda explain what it does.

Posted (edited)

figured id try it.

Put 15mil. too low

put 20 mil too low

The "Siege Rehearsal" e.t.c. gave certain guilds Literally billion/s & they let them keep the money even tho its a Rehearsal. Also a certain CM (we'll call him for arguments sake "CM Archage doing it again & Duam + the GM's are aware, while also pretending on forums hes just a player") is leader of a "guild alliance" telling those guilds how to go about all this ahead of time while nothing is posted about this stuff on forums, When it could be.
For more info ask GM Gemu &
Caramel. Or use google, theres screenshots as well, thats how i found it all out + in game chat.

Edited by prymortal
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lost Sunday's bid against a 500m bid. (that guild owned a territory)

One house didnt get any bids (so I guess was unlucky to bid against one of the top dogs) but lost that today to a 251m bid from the other guild that owned a territory. 

I could go as high as 200m, but if you want to be active in node/territory wars you need money. And guild quests are not enough to support a proper node and territory war AND then also bidding for a house.

Income from owned T3 nodes is also not very help. Especially not compared to territory income. (we owned two T3 nodes, and are on frontpage of guildpoints)

A fight at a T3 node costed us 40m, the territory fight costed us 90m. That is more then the guild made from the nodes.

Ofcourse some random joe bob guilds got a house here and there because they bid uncontested, but what you want is the elephant breeding stuff. And the guilds that need those the most to put up a decent fight in the upcoming node/territory wars are the ones that can not get access to them.

There must be more ways to breed an elephant up to siege strength.

(ps. imo every guild should be able to obtain a guild house, a set price and buy it. Then with money and or skill points unluck stuff for it. This should not just be for the happy few)

Edited by Cogency

Posted

The "Siege Rehearsal" e.t.c. gave certain guilds Literally billion/s & they let them keep the money even tho its a Rehearsal. Also a certain CM (we'll call him for arguments sake "CM Archage doing it again & Duam + the GM's are aware, while also pretending on forums hes just a player") is leader of a "guild alliance" telling those guilds how to go about all this ahead of time while nothing is posted about this stuff on forums, When it could be.For more info ask GM Gemu & Caramel. Or use google, theres screenshots as well, thats how i found it all out + in game chat.

You didn't get the nodes and or castles for part one so you complain about the money.  We got a guild house and nodes.  We play smart.  We do missions. 

Calling out people in the forum to get even probably gets you a ban.  If you suspect wrong doing then submit a ticket or email other people directly. 

Lost Sunday's bid against a 500m bid. (that guild owned a territory)

One house didnt get any bids (so I guess was unlucky to bid against one of the top dogs) but lost that today to a 251m bid from the other guild that owned a territory. 

I could go as high as 200m, but if you want to be active in node/territory wars you need money. And guild quests are not enough to support a proper node and territory war AND then also bidding for a house.

Income from owned T3 nodes is also not very help. Especially not compared to territory income.

Ofcourse some random joe bob guilds got a house here and there because they bid uncontested, but what you want is the elephant breeding stuff. And the guilds that need those the most to put up a decent fight in the upcoming node/territory wars are the ones that can not get access to them.

There must be more ways to breed an elephant up to siege strength.

(ps. imo every guild should be able to obtain a guild house, a set price and buy it. Then with money and or skill points unluck stuff for it. This should not just be for the happy few)

Everyone should be happy these guilds spent tons of money for the houses.  That will be less they have down the road.

Valencia part II apparently has the annexes where you can train elephants.  I wondered what they were for. 

I am confused about the comment that every guild should have a guild house.  Other than the Valencia ones the other ones provide very limited warehouse space because of the guild points required and the trading seems to be very difficult as many of the items you need only come fro Val quests and one requires 10 and 5 more guild points to open up.    If every guild should get a guild house why stop there and every guild should get a castle too and Kzarka weapons and free elephants and gear.............

Having a few elephant training houses keeps the elephant population lower for now.  Sure the rich get richer but that is what this game is all about.  If you are at the top it is much easier to stay there.

Posted (edited)

why not

Edited by Corsix

Posted

Its really idiotic system :// 

Posted

When do the bids take place?

Posted

lol at the people who bid under 100 million due to the fact its serverwide so there are limited guild houses.