• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Power Gap: What Do You Do if You Don't Have Full +18 Already?

102 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't need to go over the countless threads entailing the power disparity with the +20 update.  As a result, there seems to be a significant gray area for people with level 55-56 toons but only around 300 A/DP: Not good enough to compete with the big boys, but already spent so much effort.  Compounding this is the fact that most servers have been carved up between a few big guilds and/or alliances so you already know who's going to have a castle, and who's going to have access to the funding to be able to meet the new gear demands.

As someone stuck in the gray area, I ask what the hell do you do if you're not in a big guild with access to huge funding to be able to easily obtain the next tier of gear?  To me, it's like the NBA where if you're not a championship contender, there's no point in being in average 8 seed territory; just tank.  Applying that logic to BDO, it would seem that if you aren't geared up already, and aren't in one of the power-broker guilds, forget about PvP and just fully commit to PvE and farming resources because there's no point to PvP.  Of course, even if this is the sound option, that means foregoing a significant aspect of the game and if enough people do this, there could be serious problems with player retention (it would be ironic if people start complaining about not enough active people for PvP content). 

Posted

Don't need to go over the countless threads entailing the power disparity with the +20 update.  As a result, there seems to be a significant gray area for people with level 55-56 toons but only around 300 A/DP: Not good enough to compete with the big boys, but already spent so much effort.  Compounding this is the fact that most servers have been carved up between a few big guilds and/or alliances so you already know who's going to have a castle, and who's going to have access to the funding to be able to meet the new gear demands.

As someone stuck in the gray area, I ask what the hell do you do if you're not in a big guild with access to huge funding to be able to easily obtain the next tier of gear?  To me, it's like the NBA where if you're not a championship contender, there's no point in being in average 8 seed territory; just tank.  Applying that logic to BDO, it would seem that if you aren't geared up already, and aren't in one of the power-broker guilds, forget about PvP and just fully commit to PvE and farming resources because there's no point to PvP.  Of course, even if this is the sound option, that means foregoing a significant aspect of the game and if enough people do this, there could be serious problems with player retention (it would be ironic if people start complaining about not enough active people for PvP content). 

You wont be competiting against the big boys, u will fight for Tier 1/2 until you are geared enough for T3/Sieges. Why do you need to be on the same gear lvl as people u wont fight? :)

3 people like this

Posted

You dont need a big guild to do anything for you. Everything in this game is at its core only made by you. Look at the auction house, alot of the stuff in it cannot be bought. You do it yourself by planning ahead, make a roadmap, manage your time and dont base your growth solely on RNG means. All my gear is made by me, I didnt ask or get any help from others to obtain it, just like the great majority of this game.

What I get from your post is that you need more game knowledge so that you can make better decisions for your char growth. Dont feel bad though, this game is complex in the sense that it doesnt have trivial limitations other handholding mmorpgs today do.

5 people like this

Posted

The problem is, you cant just forget about PvP in a game with open world PvP. This isn't some generic mmorpg where you can farm peacefully in your own pace gearing up, than go fight others. That's not how BDO works and why people rage so hard about imbalanced gear&stats.

For players not yet fully +18 it's a lot like being a fresh level 45 newbie all over again getting jumped at catfish by some high level dude instakilling you. Difference is, they're not new to the game, yet has to endure the humiliation all over again due to massive gear disparity. Loads cant deal with it, suddenly being on bottom of the food chain with no good way of catching up in reasonable time. They rather just quit.

Anyway, not sure how being in a "power-broker" guild helps with enhancing. It's likely the other way around. If you're in a top guild and didn't stack on shards or just had really bad rng, prolly feel like committing suicide at this point lol. At least in a non factor guild, you dont have to feel stressed out or like a turd for only having a pri/duo weapon. 

I'm pretty sure they have some shards for everyone catch up event soon tho. So anyone that no-life gathered for one tiny shard per 400 energy was basically wasting time :S

5 people like this

Posted

You farm silver and up all your gear one after the other. BDO is a marathon, not a quick race.

How to farm silver? Well silver can be gained through numerous ways. Find yours.

3 people like this

Posted

For players not yet fully +18 it's a lot like being a fresh level 45 newbie all over again getting jumped at catfish by some high level dude instakilling you. Difference is, they're not new to the game, yet has to endure the humiliation all over again due to massive gear disparity.

One problem with your argument about being pked: You only lose time when you are pked. You don't lose xp or non trade items. The player pking loses karma and if they go red and are killed they can lose enhance levels on gear and lose 2% xp. 

Posted

Why do you need to be on the same gear lvl as people u wont fight? :)

Because he wants to be on the same level as HC players without putting in any effort and starting late. Typical. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

not to mention the idiots around here don't seem to realize even if you were prepared and two people had like lets says 100 of both shards and thousand of black stones, whoever is luckier gets to advance further. there's been people who have failed 10, 20+ times on TET weapons/armor (which can cause losing up to a billion+ silvers) while few others succeeded in 1-2 tries.

just quit or hope for p2w upgrading cash shop

Edited by clangpicky
1 person likes this

Posted

You wont be competiting against the big boys, u will fight for Tier 1/2 until you are geared enough for T3/Sieges. Why do you need to be on the same gear lvl as people u wont fight? :)

please explain what stops a T3/seige guy from walking over to the "T1 area" and griefing all day? Last I checked sausans and pirates are still the best for exp. While basilisks and cadry are viable.... they aren't objectively better with exception to their drops.

2 people like this

Posted

i am not +18 or even +16 on anything yet... so what you do it... grind more save your gold... i mean thats life... if you want to be a A+ student you study harder.. no different here.

Posted

I'm not in a big guild and i have 181/217 AP/DP. I'm just "grind" the new crystals since it release.

Posted

Because he wants to be on the same level as HC players without putting in any effort and starting late. Typical. 

Is that what you really think? I think it's more like people want to be able to compete without having to play 24/7. This is not a game where you can compete with only playing a couple hours a night. It used to be, but not anymore.

Posted

Sucks that they put the best part of this game behind a RNG wall

kinda terrible game design imo, many won't deal with the bs RNG and go play other games till another large scale pvp mmo comes out

...makes Unchained's delay hurt even more

Posted (edited)

I think it's more like people want to be able to compete without having to play 24/7. 

7c486bb26d.png

You're welcome. 

Edited by Why

Posted (edited)

I'm not in a big guild and i have 181/217 AP/DP. I'm just "grind" the new crystals since it release.

because you are one of those people that suck off from the big guild, get decently geared and then join a pleb guild to feel like you're the best in that pleb guild and be noticed/relevant/needed.

Edited by clangpicky

Posted (edited)

7c486bb26d.png

You're welcome. 

second definition basically strengthens his stance of wording. What was the point of this?

Edited by Blademaster1215
1 person likes this

Posted

What you should do is stop crying and grind, if you don't have time like hardcore players then don't expect to be on the same page as them.

1 person likes this

Posted

please explain what stops a T3/seige guy from walking over to the "T1 area" and griefing all day? Last I checked sausans and pirates are still the best for exp. While basilisks and cadry are viable.... they aren't objectively better with exception to their drops.

If a guild owns a T3 they cannot go T1/T2. Obviously. Read the siege manual.

Posted

7c486bb26d.png

You're welcome. 

You're right. Technically you're competing even if you PvP with 1 GS vs 400 GS. You're still competing. I'll change my post.

I think it's more like people want to be able to have a chance to beat players without having to play 24/7. This is not a game where you can be good with only playing a couple hours a night. It used to be, but not anymore.

Posted

If a guild owns a T3 they cannot go T1/T2. Obviously. Read the siege manual.

not exactly what i meant. I was talking about OWPvP. Statement can still apply to seiges though afaik they can still enter the field and pk grief the zone. Unless they fixed that?

Posted (edited)

You're right. Technically you're competing even if you PvP with 1 GS vs 400 GS. You're still competing. I'll change my post.

I think it's more like people want to be able to have a chance to beat players without having to play 24/7. This is not a game where you can be good with only playing a couple hours a night. It used to be, but not anymore.

Once you hit full TRI you will be fine anyway. The average gear level in KR after all this time is mostly just TRI everything with maybe a pri or duo ogre ring, and possibly a tet weapon. That's the average person you fight in there node wars. Normally there at 400-420 combined. It's very rare to see someone with a PEN weapon, and there's still not one player in korea that has PEN everything, and there's only a handful with tet everything.

Last week I was shitting bullets because I didnt have any shards. Well I gathered my way up and I'm at a duo liverto, and basically pri ing everything else and I dont feel behind at all. Soon i'll be duo everything, and i'll work on a TRI weapon.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

The problem is, you cant just forget about PvP in a game with open world PvP. This isn't some generic mmorpg where you can farm peacefully in your own pace gearing up, than go fight others. That's not how BDO works and why people rage so hard about imbalanced gear&stats.

For players not yet fully +18 it's a lot like being a fresh level 45 newbie all over again getting jumped at catfish by some high level dude instakilling you. Difference is, they're not new to the game, yet has to endure the humiliation all over again due to massive gear disparity. Loads cant deal with it, suddenly being on bottom of the food chain with no good way of catching up in reasonable time. They rather just quit.

Anyway, not sure how being in a "power-broker" guild helps with enhancing. It's likely the other way around. If you're in a top guild and didn't stack on shards or just had really bad rng, prolly feel like committing suicide at this point lol. At least in a non factor guild, you dont have to feel stressed out or like a turd for only having a pri/duo weapon. 

I'm pretty sure they have some shards for everyone catch up event soon tho. So anyone that no-life gathered for one tiny shard per 400 energy was basically wasting time :S

True story. My wiz went into Red Btfld for the first time today, was only one dude in there. He was a Musa and killed me twice, easily. Then taunts me calling me squishy. I am in full +15 ultimate iron wall gear and have mostly defensive gems. He sliced through me like butter. I would bet he wondered why I left. Hopefully he is still sitting there waiting on someone to come fight him....give him a taste of what this game will be like in about 6 months.

3 people like this

Posted

not exactly what i meant. I was talking about OWPvP. Statement can still apply to seiges though afaik they can still enter the field and pk grief the zone. Unless they fixed that?

limited karma, no xp loss, u lose like 30 seconds per kill , can be killed 6 times before out of karma... so yeah... its already "fixed"

Posted (edited)

Would a flyweight complain that he got rekt by a heavyweight in a boxing match?

We are divided into 3 tiers. tier 1 for low geared casual guilds. tier 2 for semi hardcore, tier 3 for hardcore. and regions for the hard core... est?.

they acknowledged that people could grief other peoples seige wars. they will take care of that HOPEFULLY soon. -_-

Open world PVP. well. again. would a 10olb casual gym going person complain he got beat on by a 200 lb gym junkie on the street. Yes he would. but it aint no different.

the game has bigger problems like the PVP quest than Gear gap. which i think is indeed too steep, but not hard to catch up to.

Edited by 6footgeeks

Posted

What you should do is stop crying and grind, if you don't have time like hardcore players then don't expect to be on the same page as them.

Gear dependent pvp games suck. If you were really part of the hardcore pvp crowd you would be playing another game right now.

1 person likes this