• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Clipping and LOD

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, I found the graphics of the game beautiful, but it is only me that it bothers the clipping until now absolutely everywhere even in the intro of the game ? And the viewing distance that do pop NPCs and players if they are to > 5 meters ?

There is only me who found that annoying ?

They gonna fix this problem ?

Posted

I've dealt with it for a year on KR, it's ruined me to a point were I couldn't care less anymore.

Posted

Maybe its a balancing choice (i dont know, its just a thought) to prevent low spec pc users disadvantage against super cool pc users?

Posted

BDO is decently optimized, but there are issues on the client side. It may not be your PC. If changing your graphic doesn't fix the issue, then its a client bug.

Common client side problems are : completely black NPCs, odd pop-in LOD from other players / structures, and minor clipping and shadowing issues.\

Beautiful game, but not perfect.

Posted

My computer is not the problem, i7 gtx980ti etc...

Yep BDO is decently optimized, a friend with a shitty portable computer play with medium spec. But at least the LOD.. An option box or wath for people with high spec...

Posted

Nothing to fix. You can try running high end mode at the loss of FPS for an improvement but many don't find it worth it. I wouldn't let it bother you, its out of your control.

Posted

This is not something to fix u think lol ?

Yes man, ok, thx

Posted

This is not something to fix u think lol ?

Yes man, ok, thx

Its not broken, the range is by design. So no, there isn't a fix. I think you may be thinking of an improvement or enhancement, which they have not mentioned doing.

Posted

yeah, 2 x 390s here, nothing at all we can do ^^

Posted

LoD on 5m? .... I'm sure this is an issue on your side. 
My game is on my SSD drive and it sure as hell isn't popping on 5meters.. :P 

Posted

The High end mode makes a difference and if you aren't already you can try running in windowed borderless, i got a good 10 fps bump from doing that on my 980ti with a i7 4ghz (nothing overclocked yet, but I'll probably fiddle with it a bit yet) so high end mode really shouldn't hurt your frames too much.

Posted (edited)

I doesn't test the "high end" mod so i gonna see that in CBT2, thx

Edited by Syranos

Posted

This is where plugins get downloaded. You'll be able it.

Posted

LoD on 5m? .... I'm sure this is an issue on your side. 
My game is on my SSD drive and it sure as hell isn't popping on 5meters.. :P 

Late to this thread, I JUST read this after searching LOD problem in Black desert, and read this. Saving your game in an SSD and the LOD issue/pop ins have NOTHING to do with each other. You're really misinformed if having an SSD gives you better level of detail and less pop pop in. Do you even know how secondary storages load application to RAM and to wait for secondary storage to load to RAM, we have loading screens? Do you know that SSDs' speed is nothing compared to RAM? Do you know that things like level of detail isn't a problem of fast storages? Jesus. I'm being pretty mean to you but when I see people misinformed like this, it triggers. 

It's true though that there's nothing we can do about it. Things like this has to be changed by developers. 

Posted

Late to this thread, I JUST read this after searching LOD problem in Black desert, and read this. Saving your game in an SSD and the LOD issue/pop ins have NOTHING to do with each other. You're really misinformed if having an SSD gives you better level of detail and less pop pop in. Do you even know how secondary storages load application to RAM and to wait for secondary storage to load to RAM, we have loading screens? Do you know that SSDs' speed is nothing compared to RAM? Do you know that things like level of detail isn't a problem of fast storages? Jesus. I'm being pretty mean to you but when I see people misinformed like this, it triggers. 

It's true though that there's nothing we can do about it. Things like this has to be changed by developers. 

I never said it's the problem. 
I simply said I don't have this issue at all and its on my SSD. 
And u can be as 'mean' as u want. Doesn't hurt me, so go wild ;) 
Hell.. even my Korean game on my HDD doesn't have pop-in's. especially not within 5 meters 

Posted (edited)

Maybe its a balancing choice (i dont know, its just a thought) to prevent low spec pc users disadvantage against super cool pc users?

It's not, its the engine possibly mixed with lag could use a few more channels or even a new server for sure. Lag will do some crazy things. Especially streaming textures/game assets.
BDO uses like 30% of my gpu and 25% of my cpu Compared to games this past 3+ years BDO isn't intensive at all. Town fps drops are caused by how mmo's in general use your cpu and not related to this issue or BDO specifically. 11 year old Warcraft uses much more power on high/ultra than BDO.
Looking at youtube video's of people walking in towns in the KR version
It has issues still but nothing like EU/US currently have to deal with. Literally walking down the street grass and other textures 5 feet at the most in front of you morph/pop in and by textures i mean all textures not just a few here and there like on the KR version. I like the game as a whole, lots of great idea's, different than anything else i have ever tried. But this is definitely game breaking like AC: Unity pre 8? patches game breaking :/ Had i known about the issues before i bought the game i would have second guessed my purchase for sure.

ps. mine is also on a ssd (samsung evo 950) and it does nothing to fix the issue.

Edited by Bahska

Posted

don't think this will ever bee solved, it's been in kr version for years

Posted

I just want the clipping on my Sorc's butt fixed. This is just lazy mesh design imo.

2016-04-15_18434355.JPG

2016-04-15_18445680.JPG