• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PK'ers during Blue Whale

121 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I'm just wondering: Why is PK'ing during Whale hunting allowed? Any possibility to disable PvP completely while on the sea in the future? Or at least during whale hunt -_- Starting to get pissed at -----s from Addicted (Croxus EU) pk'ing people on every blue whale just because they don't know how to share <.<. That or make us a PvE server for stuff like this, please. It's not that fun to be on a whale for +1 hour just to be Pk'd by some asshole -_-

1 person likes this

Posted

Haha no seriously

This is precisely the one thing if not the last where OWPvP makes sense.

Never ends. Grow a tougher skin and go hunt blue whales prepared to fight for your share, this is one of the most valuable loot source in the entire game, there's no sharing hand in hand under the rainbow.

20 people like this

Posted

Haha no seriously

This is precisely the one thing if not the last where OWPvP makes sense.

Never ends. Grow a tougher skin and go hunt blue whales prepared to fight for your share, this is one of the most valuable loot source in the entire game, there's no sharing hand in hand under the rainbow.

Because that whole "Top 5 PARTIES" all getting loot doesn't count for sharing, right. Silly me. How could I forget. 1-2 groups should be the only ones to loot when it's guaranteed loot for the top 5 groups. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The toothfairy granted your wish and removed exp loss in pvp, but theres always those spoiled ones who craves more

3 people like this

Posted

The toothfairy granted your wish and removed exp loss in pvp, but theres always those spoiled ones who craves more

Idgaf about the exp loss xD I'm just asking for no -----ing PvP on open sea world boss. 

Posted

Because that whole "Top 5 PARTIES" all getting loot doesn't count for sharing, right. Silly me. How could I forget. 1-2 groups should be the only ones to loot when it's guaranteed loot for the top 5 groups. 

And by which magic top 5 parties = no competition everybody be friends ♥♥♥, please explain

Posted

Idgaf about the exp loss xD I'm just asking for no -----ing PvP on open sea world boss. 

the game is open world with its risks, this is just something u need to overcome in any way. If they do ur change then why not make it so for field bosses, or on the roads, or only pk in nighttime. 

Posted

Hi,

I'm just wondering: Why is PK'ing during Whale hunting allowed? Any possibility to disable PvP completely while on the sea in the future? Or at least during whale hunt -_- Starting to get pissed at -----s from Addicted (Croxus EU) pk'ing people on every blue whale just because they don't know how to share <.<. That or make us a PvE server for stuff like this, please. It's not that fun to be on a whale for +1 hour just to be Pk'd by some asshole -_-

The game is open world pvp. To suggest that PVP'ers (Pk'ers) are to annoying is frankly silly. It's the same argument from PvP'ers that don't want to gather for shards.

The game has both elements and it's a sand-park style game (OWPvP).

Just as quick as I would remind PvP'ers that you need to do PvE and Gathering, I would remind PvE'ers that you can't always pick where PvP happens in this game and it's by design.

16 people like this

Posted

Can you hunt on a low level alt?

Posted

And by which magic top 5 parties = no competition everybody be friends ♥♥♥, please explain

why the ----- would you PK others when you'll all be able to share the -----ing loot? -_- Pls do explain. 

Posted

why the ----- would you PK others when you'll all be able to share the -----ing loot? -_- Pls do explain. 

To get rid of potential teams which would push mine out of top 5 ?

1 person likes this

Posted

To get rid of potential teams which would push mine out of top 5 ?

Right.... We'd already taken it +30% of max hp both times... Them getting all top 5 spots is literally abysmal in chance.  

Posted (edited)

Whale hunting is an activity that gives someone a chance to get the best earring in the game.
Why on earth wouldn't there be an element of competitiveness to it? It makes perfect sense. If you're aiming for the BiS earring, then you better be ready to fight for it.

You're literally rallying people, sailing out into the middle of the ocean and engaging in a free-for-all, anything-goes fight. The whale is a limited resource. If you want that earring, you have to work for it. Otherwise it would be a bunch of people on a boat shooting rifles at a whale that doesn't fight back.

Your "open world sea boss" argument doesn't have merit if the whale doesn't fight back. Anyone can hop in and try to get loot. You have a higher chance of getting loot if you eliminate the competition for said loot.

Edited by Tsingani
1 person likes this

Posted

Right.... We'd already taken it +30% of max hp both times... Them getting all top 5 spots is literally abysmal in chance.  

So what prevents them from trying ? Obviously even if the drop is RNG %, first place is best, if you kill everyone, 1st place easier. You asked why, now don't go like it's pointless, if the whale is only 30% down and they entirely keep you from attacking it again they may very well take the lead.

Also it doesn't mean they did it well.

But in any case, that's why.

Posted

Because I and my party want good loot, so if we eliminate the other parties doing the whale hunting we get a better chance of becoming 1 of the top parties doing the whale hunting lol

And you  carebear has to travel back to where the whale is, which we are all hoping is dead by then :D 

Posted

Because I and my party want good loot, so if we eliminate the other parties doing the whale hunting we get a better chance of becoming 1 of the top parties doing the whale hunting lol

And you  carebear has to travel back to where the whale is, which we are all hoping is dead by then :D 

So... You want PvE content enough to even kill others for it, which makes you the bigger Carebear and then complain about carebears? PvP players logic at it's finest.

Posted

do it on a lv 30~40

Posted

NO

NO

NO

Posted

next you'll ask for no pvp in node wars cause the top geared players keep getting it

2 people like this

Posted

So... You want PvE content enough to even kill others for it, which makes you the bigger Carebear and then complain about carebears? PvP players logic at it's finest.

Its competition with aggression. What else is there in the game that pvpers can benefit for owpvp? give me 1, ill wait. 

I kill you in grind spot, you lose nothing, maybe gem but thats a maybe, while I gain karma which will make me lose gem if I die in higher percentage than you. Literary sucking up the fun of owpvp. lol, even had members leave my guild so they can grief pkers, cant guild war guildless :D 

Posted

next you'll ask for no pvp in node wars cause the top geared players keep getting it

Node war = PvP content. A -----ing HUNTING WHALE = PvE/Life Skill related content. So all the "PvP"ers who are too scared to duel or go arena and instead PK could uninstall the game Imo :) 

Posted

Node war = PvP content. A -----ing HUNTING WHALE = PvE/Life Skill related content. So all the "PvP"ers who are too scared to duel or go arena and instead PK could uninstall the game Imo :) 

whale = best earing in game for pvp thats why its contested 

Posted

Keep -----in, but you're exactly the kind of player who is gonna keep getting PK'd. It drops the absolute best earring in the game. You're damn right every single pvper is going to be gunning for it, and you're damn right they're gonna kill anyone standing in their way.

Posted

Its competition with aggression. What else is there in the game that pvpers can benefit for owpvp? give me 1, ill wait. 
I kill you in grind spot, you lose nothing, maybe gem but thats a maybe, while I gain karma which will make me lose gem if I die in higher percentage than you. Literary sucking up the fun of owpvp. lol, even had members leave my guild so they can grief pkers, cant guild war guildless :D 

Benefit? I thought PvPers liked PvP? Meaning they'd like the idea of PvP, not the idea of "Let's PK random people because we can't do Arena or Duels or GwG or because we want PvE content! Yay! PvE content! We're such hardcore PvPers. Huehuehue". -___- 

Posted

Keep -----in, but you're exactly the kind of player who is gonna keep getting PK'd. It drops the absolute best earring in the game. You're damn right every single pvper is going to be gunning for it, and you're damn right they're gonna kill anyone standing in their way.

make a video already about killing whalehunting carebears <3