• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

unfair trade practices IP block - Racist and politically incorrect move by Daum Games

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear Daum Games & Pearl Abyss,

My South Asian and Indian friends have been awaiting this game for a long time and even after it's limited global release patiently waited for the rest of South Asia (including India) to be included in the supported regions, to buy and play the game, adding to your customer base and revenue. If Daum Games & Pearl Abyss are unable to support additional regions, at the very least there should be no IP block, so people can purchase and play the game legally.

Unfortunately, all this waiting has been in vain, since Daum Games & Pearl Abyss seem to have something against South Asians and Indians. Daum Games & Pearl Abyss think that South Asians and Indians are pirates / thieves, which is evident by the fact that Daum Games & Pearl Abyss are not allowing South Asians and Indians to play the game. South Asians and Indians are ready to give Daum Games an expanded customer base and revenue, and Daum Games is being racist by accusing them of being thieves / pirates by not letting them play. Actions like these by Daum Games and their likes are what force an incentive for increasing piracy (illegal downloads, vpn usage etc.).

If Daum games was concerned about raiders (which is understandable), those accounts should be banned and their individual IP addresses should be blocked.

This just leads me to believe that Daum Games & Pearl Abyss are being managed poorly, since they have missed a huge chunk of revenue (by blocking South Asia and India, half the population of the world) and have failed to be politically correct at the same time. By not following an inclusive global approach, Daum Games & Pearl Abyss have by default created a situation of bias against south Asians and Indians and clearly are being perceived as racists.

Fellow gamers, please add / comment on this issue - how Daum Games & Pearl Abyss are mistreating half the world's population by excluding them completely and loosing out on revenue and customers. Let's together voice this extremely  poor management decision and racist action by Daum Games & Pearl Abyss.

Thanks,
JW

Posted (edited)

Given the amount of piracy and the governing copyright laws in those regions (rather lack thereof), it must not make financial sense for them. This is understandable considering the aforementioned and what it costs to combat piracy. Believe it or not, blocking IP addresses or fighting the issues you brought up costs money and is not as easy as you make it out to be. 

Hell, I can't go a day without being robocalled by someone in that area trying to get my personal information, threatening me with terrorist attacks (true story) or asking me to purchase something. No matter how many DNC lists I am on. Let alone cell phone robocalling and soliciting is illegal in my country. Besides, the business practices of the caller, their lack of contact information and false representation is not legitimate either. Again, this is possible due to different governing laws and regulations which involve people's personal information and IP infringement. 

This stuff isn't racism -- it's fact.  

Edited by Crookid
2 people like this

Posted

Sorry to burst your bubble, but posts like yours have been posted time and time again, especially close to or during launch. This is the EU/NA version. We had to wait a few years to get it because before that, they had the KR version, then the RU version. I remember reading that they kind of plan on making a version for other regions at some point, they just don't know when. You have to remember that they need to translate the entire content in different languages for that, which takes staff and time. It has nothing to do with being racist or politically incorrect.

2 people like this

Posted

Sorry to burst your bubble, but posts like yours have been posted time and time again, especially close to or during launch. This is the EU/NA version. We had to wait a few years to get it because before that, they had the KR version, then the RU version. I remember reading that they kind of plan on making a version for other regions at some point, they just don't know when. You have to remember that they need to translate the entire content in different languages for that, which takes staff and time. It has nothing to do with being racist or politically incorrect.

Well, what he is saying is Daum and PA are not releasing in those regions due to fear of infringement and piracy. All legitimate concerns in my opinion as presented in my previous post. 

I also agree with you though. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Uhm... how is this racist exactly? Unfair trade practice? You are using terms you don't comprehend.

For any company in any industry it is their choice where they want to sell their products. The people that drag race into any arguement are the true racists, people like you. Bottom line it is their goddamn choice where they want to sell their game and there's nothing illegal or unfair about it.

10 people like this

Posted

3iGjqDf.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

My South Asian and Indian friends have been awaiting this game for a long time and even after it's limited global release patiently waited for the rest of South Asia (including India) to be included in the supported regions, to buy and play the game, adding to your customer base and revenue. If Daum Games & Pearl Abyss are unable to support additional regions, at the very least there should be no IP block, so people can purchase and play the game legally.

Unfortunately, all this waiting has been in vain, since Daum Games & Pearl Abyss seem to have something against South Asians and Indians. Daum Games & Pearl Abyss think that South Asians and Indians are pirates / thieves, which is evident by the fact that Daum Games & Pearl Abyss are not allowing South Asians and Indians to play the game. South Asians and Indians are ready to give Daum Games an expanded customer base and revenue, and Daum Games is being racist by accusing them of being thieves / pirates by not letting them play. Actions like these by Daum Games and their likes are what force an incentive for increasing piracy (illegal downloads, vpn usage etc.).

If Daum games was concerned about raiders (which is understandable), those accounts should be banned and their individual IP addresses should be blocked.

This just leads me to believe that Daum Games & Pearl Abyss are being managed poorly, since they have missed a huge chunk of revenue (by blocking South Asia and India, half the population of the world) and have failed to be politically correct at the same time. By not following an inclusive global approach, Daum Games & Pearl Abyss have by default created a situation of bias against south Asians and Indians and clearly are being perceived as racists.

Fellow gamers, please add / comment on this issue - how Daum Games & Pearl Abyss are mistreating half the world's population by excluding them completely and loosing out on revenue and customers. Let's together voice this extremely  poor management decision and racist action by Daum Games & Pearl Abyss.

Thanks,
JW

Last time I checked those countries aren't located in North America or Europe now go away

Edited by BiggsVIII
13 people like this

Posted

Thanks,
JW

He goin hard for that 350 ping

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

its not gonna pretty playing the game at 500 ping. you should just quit. and yes they are racist. they banned a black streamer.

Edited by clangpicky

Posted

It's not Daum's fault. They're just paying licensing fees to the game creators in order to offer it in the region that they do business in and are allowed to. Daum is a business and you can't suddenly just cover the international market without restrictions. Accusing the company of being racist and politically incorrect is just silly and shows that you understand nothing about the business aspect of the game.

(FYI, you can get into their servers if you just research hard enough)

Posted

Neither racist nor politically incorrect.

The Terms of Service has a section about this:

3. TERRITORIAL RESTRICTIONS

The Game is licensed by Daum Games Europe only for the Territory. The User may create an Account, access the Website and the Forums from anywhere in the world. However, the User may only access the Shop and the Game from the Territory. In the event the User acquired the Game from the Territory and then relocated outside of the Territory, the User will no longer be able to access the Game and/or use Services that require access to the Game. The User can terminate the Agreement in accordance with Article 17.1.

And in addition to that, Daum has made a post discussing this topic back last year.

Plenty of games and other services are unavailable outside of certain countries. You can see regional locks for licensing issues even in services like Netflix or websites like YouTube.

Posted

Please, do not feed the Troll.

1 person likes this

Posted

>thinks being non PC is a bad move

instantly invalid arguments 

1 person likes this

Posted

This game isnt worth your time to begin with man save yourself some £££.

Posted

It's probably reasonable to assume that if Daum are ip blocking regions, it is because their contract with PA only allows them certain regions.

Posted

Say it with me NA  and EU.

India and wherever the ----- are not in these areas. And judging by your throwing around the word racist then I applaud Daum and this ip block.

1 person likes this

Posted

This stuff isn't racism -- it's fact.  

Facts are racist

1 person likes this

Posted

It's too bad so many colleges only teach kids how to be victims now and not how to be strong people. Now the rest of us have to put up with whiners like the OP and their pathetic ilk. 

4 people like this

Posted

Please, do not feed the Troll.

I don't think the TC is trolling. He probably just wants to play the game desperately and have no idea how to do so.

Posted

giphy.gif

I have tires for sale. I don´t want to sell them to you.. Calling me a racist are you?

Posted

Facts are racist

Racism would be blocking a certain skin colour or ethnic group from playing, this isn't racism. 

Posted

Keep the IP Block PLZ and TY

Posted

Op needs to either provide prof that the actions of this company are indeed racist or they should remove that claim from the post.  If not then this thread should be removed.

Posted (edited)

In this politically correct society these days, everything is racist.

I say keep the IP block, I absolutely love them for reasons such as OP and his/her/it's entitlement complex.

Edited by Asterotis
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

considering how little revenue will actually come from opening up in sea and India, its actually a very wise decision on daum's behalf. Only wise decision they've ever made.

thinking back on how many sea players I've interacted with these past few years, they're only interested in f2p.

Edited by Fluff