• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Are ogre rings worth farming

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Theoretically if some one had a Level 10 mansha node, S rank on ogres, +5 luck, and save 1000 loyalties for the drop rate blessing every 10 days. Would ogre ring drop rate be worth farming a bunch. I know Rng is Rng but Im not sure how much the drop rate increases with all of those put together.

Posted

I don't have enough AP to take one out before some random stops by for the kill steal. :/

Other than that, sure. ;)

Posted

Look at it like that :

Your chances would sure increase strictly % wise, but they'd still be extremely low. Pretty sure we're talking something along the lines of 0.01% to 0.018%

Posted

I did this exact scenario except my node was rank 8 and I got nothing. I even used luck gear with luck gems and luck potions lol and I got nothing after several hours. Good luck tilting the odds in your favor. 

Posted

I've got S rank, and lvl 6 node.  I've come up with 1 ogre ring and 9 shattered.  I farm at  least 2-3 hours a day.  Sometimes All day..

Is it worth it?  Well I suppose if you fluid collect every ogres blood, you get a very small chance at shards, and I've looted more Bares necklaces then anything else.  So many I just PRI them and send them to market. Occasionally I'll get 1-2 Blackstones off the ogre as well.  So there is still some silver to be made.  But if you aren't level 56+ yet with full +15 gear at the very least, Go get that stuff done first. 

Posted (edited)

well my node is lvl 9, still working on getting a S, Im lvl 55 132/170

Im more or less wondering if getting my node to 10 is worth the energy. If its worth farming i can totally see getting it to ten but otherwise i feel like it would be a waste of energy

Edited by vishstix

Posted

Yes and no.

Posted

Theoretically if some one had a Level 10 mansha node, S rank on ogres, +5 luck, and save 1000 loyalties for the drop rate blessing every 10 days. Would ogre ring drop rate be worth farming a bunch. I know Rng is Rng but Im not sure how much the drop rate increases with all of those put together.

You can get it without having any of these on your first kill.

You can never drop a ring with x2 droprate event on + your mentioned above.

You can also drop one on your 50. kill with node lv 6 and luck lv 5 without scroll.

Someone can only do math for you and say you a very rough number of kills you need until you have a nice chance to get one but at the end of the day you still rely on that juicy RNG and only that decides if you get one or not.

Posted

kindof. i have the node level 10, ogres S. i go there nowdays for gathering mostly (pigs, trees etc) but occasionally i hit ogres when they show up for the % chance of further ring drops. of course a large part of the tryhards will immediately attack you, so what you get is

+ gatherloot (hard/sharp)

+ % to ring drops

+ pvp

+ new insights on teen psych when you get angry whispers

so ye its entertaining.

1 person likes this

Posted

In my opinion you'd be better of gathering shards than farming ogres. Both are rng and low chance.

Posted

5 luck here, S rank on ogres, nose at lvl8. I get a solid ring roughly every 150 ogre kills and an ogre ring roughly every 450 ogre kills. 

Dont take those numbers to heart, this is just my estimate from my personal experience. Frankly I think it's a matter of persistence and patience.

I may be mistaken but to my knowledge the ogre ring is still one of the beat drops in the Korean version so yes, it is worth getting.

* on a side note; does anyone know if we will be able to exchange 8 soiled ogre rings for an ogre ring or is that a rumor (and when)?

Posted

PRI: Manos > Ogre

Posted

PRI: Manos > Ogre

Oh Manos is PRI-able ? I thought it was the same deal as with corrupt ruby necklace

Posted

Oh Manos is PRI-able ? I thought it was the same deal as with corrupt ruby necklace

Yup, gain 3AP&2% Resistance

2 people like this

Posted

Ogre is worth it if you get two and PRI it if you get 1 and stop you're wasting your time.

Ive been trying to buy an ogre since my server had 29 sold now it's 90ish. Still only bought 1. Every time I switch my buy order on ogre they sell them or it skips my buy order.

Posted

This is my usual result of a days worth of ogre farming...

1.thumb.jpg.b8d32e182dd39f9ea7ea42678cf8

Gathered 257 ogre bloods and got 0 sharp/hard shards as well..

Posted

This is my usual result of a days worth of ogre farming...

1.thumb.jpg.b8d32e182dd39f9ea7ea42678cf8

Gathered 257 ogre bloods and got 0 sharp/hard shards as well..

Got 1 sharp shard at opening of Valencia. 1500 energy worth of digging and collecting blood, 0 sharps further. :) Try it out with Artisan gathering.

Posted

So I saw this and decided just for fun to kill a few ogres my self, got a level 2 node and +3 luck the 7th ogre I killed I got the soiled ring, then the ogre ring out of that

Posted

So I saw this and decided just for fun to kill a few ogres my self, got a level 2 node and +3 luck the 7th ogre I killed I got the soiled ring, then the ogre ring out of that

Saw this eh? From where... Out the window of your time machine? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ogres are a waste of time. Don't bother. 

1 person likes this

Posted

NO.

Posted

you could potentially maybe get 1 in 10days.

Posted

roll a lucky account and char ant its worth it other than that nope.

Posted

Honestly... no.

You can make the money to pre-order one in 12 hours grinding. 

Or you can farm 30 hours and maybe get one while getting virtually no xp.

Unless you are level 60 and dont care about xp i would steer clear.

Posted (edited)

If I'm around there I'll usually have a quick gallop through with my horse to kill any I see. I sometimes spend an hour there killing them and manshas for scroll drops. Manshas trash loot can be surprisingly worthwhile especially if you get decent drops of shards to supplement

Edited by WastedJoker

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0