• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you realize that this game has no purpose atm other than gearing up?

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What to do with the gear? We all "hope" for PvP or some meaningful content but was there any announced?

Currently all is a loop of gathering the best gear. But for what?!

What please is fun in "Oh look, my number went up by +2 YAY I'm better now, all makes more sense now, so much more depth!" ?

Edited by Anamesogood

Posted

Welcome to every mmo?

6 people like this

Posted

Welcome to every mmo?

People are running out of ideas to QQ about and this one atleast tried to be different. let him be a special snowflake if he wants to.

1 person likes this

Posted

at least there is a purpose. many fail to find a purpose in life itself, so arguably its an improvement.

Posted

What to do with the gear?

Put onto your character.

Posted

Every RPG is about gearing up.  What you do with said gear is about to you, most will say it's node wars/latest hard content.  Valencia isn't a gear gate for no reason, we don't even have the world boss for it yet either.

Posted

Yeah but at least in other MMOs the gear has a purpose... the gear aids you in future content and updates to overcome them and beat challenges. They GEAR HAS A PURPOSE.

In this game you gain the gear so you can do nothing different with it. You gain +20 gear, now what? What is it's use... how has this +20 gear changed your game experience and gaming capability. It hasn't. 

Posted

strange, I just been questing, getting more knowledge, and explorin the world. Never even bothered to care about grinding for more gear because I been having fun just doing what I normally do in mmo's. During my entire time playing, I haven't felt like I had no purpose other than gearing up. Infact, I felt like my purpose was to get more knowledge and explore more instead. 

Guess everyone experiences the game differently, I assume

2 people like this

Posted

Sieges? Castles? Dragon? even bandit town..
After that, expansion. Literally like every other MMO in existence.

Posted

It's almost like it's an MMO that's not supposed to have an end :o woah 

1 person likes this

Posted

The purpose is to have fun, if you are not having fun, leave.

Posted

What to do with the gear? We all "hope" for PvP or some meaningful content but was there any announced?

Currently all is a loop of gathering the best gear. But for what?!

What please is fun in "Oh look, my number went up by +2 YAY I'm better now, all makes more sense now, so much more depth!" ?

For you that may be the case, but for others the fun may be in doing all the other things you can do in BDO. I will not bother listing them, as I am sure that you are aware of them.

Posted (edited)

I know a girl who tattooed a shell on her femur (inner leg? Or whatever its called in English) everytime I put my ear on it I could smell the sea.

Edited by Heroes.Never.Die

Posted

Yeah but at least in other MMOs the gear has a purpose... the gear aids you in future content and updates to overcome them and beat challenges. They GEAR HAS A PURPOSE.

In this game you gain the gear so you can do nothing different with it. You gain +20 gear, now what? What is it's use... how has this +20 gear changed your game experience and gaming capability. It hasn't. 

have fun getting 1 shot against nouver

Posted

I was edgy once.

1 person likes this

Posted

For you that may be the case, but for others the fun may be in doing all the other things you can do in BDO. I will not bother listing them, as I am sure that you are aware of them.

This, i'm currently having fun admnistrating my empire, making money, etc, when i get bored of that i'll look for other things to do, and so on.

Posted

my purpose is to become op so I can go full red and kill everyone who enters the desert when I get my awakening

Posted

To play the game.

I can do that without gear too.

If you are not having fun with BDO try another game.

If you wana try to change this game to fit your particular wants you can get in like with the other +1000000000000000 entitled cry babies.

Posted

What to do with the gear?

What's the point of gear in GW2? Tera? WoW? Runescape? So that you can beat the same end-game dungeon over and over? So what's the difference between this and World Bosses?

Posted

Welcome to every mmo?

wins the thread. All MMoooos are about bigger numbers for bigger epeens

close thread

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0