• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why make the game so easy?

85 posts in this topic

Posted

So after the update I used my shards and got my gear upgraded (1/2 duo/1/2 tri), I decided i was not to bothered about questing or grinding straight away as this is what I have been doing in mediah for months (not forgetting slaughtering millions of sheep). Instead I went whale hunting and this was fantastic enjoyed it so much I quickly got to Skilled hunting and my first 2 molars. I then thought today was time to go experience what valencia had to offer and oh boy was I disappointed.

What happened to difficult content? I followed a few quests taking me from ez mode mob to ez mob, hoping and praying that I would eventually find something that posed a threat, nothing.

So 3 hours into valencia I am back to grinding mind numbing easy mobs? I think this is a result of a few factors.

First you made pirate island which was the only challenging zone at the time super super easy so i didnt bother think that oh well valencia will be soon, but then you nerf all damage and health of mobs. Like why? I want to be worried about grinding a zone, I dont have to dodge a single mob in valencia just stand and face tank.

Secondly you increased the health of all characters making this easier once again?

Third and foremost you released shards over a month before valencia came out so all this content that was supposed to be hard is easy mode because we have 440 ap/dp on release.

Please daum make this content hard again or you will quickly lose another player.

P.S This is compounded by the fact we dont have enough competition on the highest populated EU server. Node wars is a joke with 75% of all nodes either not being contested, avoided due to 200 man zergs, or not being held at all. Megaservers please.

2 people like this

Posted

no ones fault but yourself that you upgraded your gear. KR mmos tend to overgear players when they enhance the gear.

Posted

Lies, all the best pvers cough I mean "pvpers" know that grinding mobs is much more challenging content than gathering and requires true skill.

Posted

no ones fault but yourself that you upgraded your gear. KR mmos tend to overgear players when they enhance the gear.

Its my fault i did what the game demanded? Come on now, just make certain zones ungrindable before +18 seeing as that is the effective soft cap now

Posted

And then there is the other 99% of the player base who might not have the same opinion as a no-life grinder.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

And then there is the other 99% of the player base who might not have the same opinion as a no-life grinder.

I am by no means a no life grinder. Just because people didnt prepare doesnt mean other shouldnt have enjoyable content, I am merely asking for easier zones and harder zones that people can aspire to grind at. Instead we have nothing but easy mode.

Edited by physce

Posted

Probably because we only have a part of Valencia as yet.

1 person likes this

Posted

And thats an excuse for bad content? more content is coming?

in Kr you couldnt go to valencia 1 with anything less than 160/260 in this version you can go with +15 and not use pots because they nerfed the damage way way to much. 

Posted

yea i dont know why pve is so incredibly braindead and stupid even on KR people just oneshot everything ... 

Posted

BDO is the most unskilled game ever.

PvP = determined by gear. no balanced arenas cuz no lifers can't stand getting beaten by a new player

PvE = ridiculously easy with the grinding same mobs over and over, kill in one shot and bam feel like a god. now repeat this for 127 hours to get a level and a broken hand (dat awesome reference of the movie, ty)

It's a game where all the trash players from other MMOs come to. you know the same ones that got butthurt about not being invited to the raids, got harassed for being baddie, had suicidal thoughts...

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

if it's "too easy" for your char, sell all your gear in marketplace and try again on +12 gear. I'll buy it all =D lOl.

Edited by Corsix
typo
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I like the content. Stop QQ. if it's "too easy" for your char. sell all your gear in marketplace and try again on +12 gear, idiot.

Lol its seems you are crying more than me, I am merely asking for challenging content on geared players. Ridiculous comment to suggest selling my hard earned gear.

No one ever complained about content being to hard before they nerfed it so why nerf it? doesnt help people catch up, which I fully support as I want more competition.

Edited by physce
1 person likes this

Posted

• Challenging
  • MMO

pick one

Posted

And thats an excuse for bad content? more content is coming?

in Kr you couldnt go to valencia 1 with anything less than 160/260 in this version you can go with +15 and not use pots because they nerfed the damage way way to much. 

How about you uninstall and go play the Korean version. It is a very well known fact that Americans are not as hardcore as Koreans when it comes to grinding, so every Korean grinding game needs to be localized.

Posted

Im not sure if its just some classes but groups of centaurs for some classes with +15 gear is not all that easy and do require potions heh, pulling a group of 5 or more of those and im pretty sure most classes at +15 gear would die!

Posted

Another no lifer who chugged their 200 bottle of whine while others enjoy it, then rushes to the forums with his whisky run shit posting

i will enjoy his tears. Even though they are laced with shit

3 people like this

Posted

Lol its seems you are crying more than me, I am merely asking for challenging content on geared players. Ridiculous comment to suggest selling my hard earned gear.
No one ever complained about content being to hard before they nerfed it so why nerf it? doesnt help people catch up, which I fully support as I want more competition.

The answer is that the gear levels are so steep and everything is open world, so there'd be no way to cordon off things well. Add the RNG element to gear upgrading and you'd have areas that you could only go if you're lucky, which would feel frustrating.

Since the game's population is more like the population you'd find in an MMO with no fast traveling and conversation mechanics, I'd say your best hope is to undergear deliberately. I know what you're asking for, rough fights that make you pull out every trick and make you go "christ, even that's not enough?" But that's always been this game's weak spot, and the gear level discrepancy makes the pure numbers side hard to balance.

Posted

BDO is the most unskilled game ever.

PvP = determined by gear. no balanced arenas cuz no lifing cucks can't stand getting beaten by a new player

PvE = ridiculously easy with the grinding same mobs over and over, kill in one shot and bam feel like a god. now repeat this for 127 hours to get a level and a broken hand (dat awesome reference of the movie, ty)

It's a game where all the trash players from other MMOs come to. you know the same ones that got butthurt about not being invited to the raids, got harassed for bring baddie, had suicidal thoughts...

damn boi, u spam a lot for some1 who left the game.

Posted (edited)

The answer is that the gear levels are so steep and everything is open world, so there'd be no way to cordon off things well. Add the RNG element to gear upgrading and you'd have areas that you could only go if you're lucky, which would feel frustrating.

Since the game's population is more like the population you'd find in an MMO with no fast traveling and conversation mechanics, I'd say your best hope is to undergear deliberately. I know what you're asking for, rough fights that make you pull out every trick and make you go "christ, even that's not enough?" But that's always been this game's weak spot, and the gear level discrepancy makes the pure numbers side hard to balance.

Thank you someone who sees my point and hasnt just shit posted. I am no way complaining about the content, i think valencia is beautiful, the zones intriguing but I just wish it was harder. I just want one zone where I actually have to think about how I am going to tackle the mob in front of me or even consider not fighting it, as is the case in other versions. They made this possible in the original version with monsters like mutant tree spirits why cant they do it in valencia?

How about you uninstall and go play the Korean version. It is a very well known fact that Americans are not as hardcore as Koreans when it comes to grinding, so every Korean grinding game needs to be localized.

I am by no means an american thanks, does it? We all signed on for a korean produced mmo isn't that what we should expect?

Edited by physce

Posted

• Challenging
  • MMO

pick one

i picked dota2 for challening long time ago, but for some mmo immersion its bdo. in this game u can do some nice stuff like farming(life) and pve from time to time.

Posted

• Challenging
  • MMO

pick one

Looks like soon I will be going back to Dota, oh well. 

Posted

Take a look at these forums and the amount of people who are crying foul over how hard it is to upgrade end game gear.

The sad fact is that those who want instant gratification are the noisiest bunch. 

If you make things too hard you might find a lot of sudden anger again.

Posted

Take a look at these forums and the amount of people who are crying foul over how hard it is to upgrade end game gear.

The sad fact is that those who want instant gratification are the noisiest bunch. 

If you make things too hard you might find a lot of sudden anger again.

Its not like valencia even offers much to give an advantage over other players, its a zone designed to be enjoyed once you are geared yet it is not.

Everyone knows RNG is involved in the game, I got awful RNG on release  and had to spend 4/500 million to get to where I am now after months of gathering and collecting memory fragments. I feel for the people who didnt have the money to spend to battle the RNG but we all knew this was coming.

Posted

If its too easy, just unequip your weapon and try that way.

Posted

All the people complaining will realise when they catch up with gear and realise that the mind numb is back.