• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why make the game so easy?

85 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Easy? face tank? 

Either OP is a Giant or apparantly the difference in +15 | pri | duo | tri | tet gear is astronomical between each step. I don't get how you can face tank mobs like the centaurs who turn me personally and my gear inside out, i'm just about full pri with duo weapon and they absolutely destroy me, Witch with 202 DP, with shields up and jumping around like a frantic lice they are no fun at all, and being unable to get away from them because centaurs.. horse people... they move very fast. Many melee classes don't like the stuns mobs have and hard hits they come with shortly after. thankfully they don't have any interesthing tidbits I want or wish to grind for at all.

I'm all for hard content and while it might be on the simpler side as not that many things pose a proper threat, calling it so dumbfounded you can facetank mobs that generally turn people and most classes inside out at the moment feels a bit wrong. 

Edited by Kezha

Posted (edited)

I hope ur not here for challenging pve content. PVE in games is never hard. Just do like most well geared players now, go node wars & go around pking people. PVP requires skill, pve is just brainless bashing. It takes skill and quick thinking when ur -1kk RED, getting chased by a few guilds, while gradually taking more and more of them down. Do it in small pvp groups and you can clear entire spawns of players and you don't have to wait long before it gets bc'ed on the entire server and you get some epic battles. It's fun, risky and thrilling! Man this game is good.

If we'd only get some kind of drop from the ppl you kill, man o man.

Edited by Collz

Posted (edited)

Problem lies in that BDO do not have bosses or raids or dungeons that takes tactics, its all about DPS from range while a few poor sods of melees taking all the spank. And do not confuse difficult with grind. And as others have stated if you got high tier gear the whole game is easy mode, no news there. If you want challenge play a toon with lower gear. So if you want challenges and difficult content, either do not upgrade your gear so fast, or find another MMO where tactics and coordination are needed for big raids. BDO is about mindless grinding for higher tier gear and DPS, not about tactics or big coordinated difficult raids.

The whole post looks like a p1ssing contest to me, to show how leet you are and nothing is difficult for you. If you want it more challenging its stated by several what you can do, or you can go solo world bosses or something.

BTW! The problem you are seeing on your server right now with huge guilds fighting each other and the rest is dead, are due to people like you who rush all max level content, get the best gear months ahead of the other 80% or so, and then whine on the boards for 'moar content111111!!!oneoneone'. For people with about +15 or even lower tier gear, its a waste of time going to any kind of Node War, they are cannonfodder and its a waste of time. I wrote this weeks ago that this will happen all the time, if any MMO publisher tries to satisfy the 'no lifer' part of the community that always rush to max level/skill/gear, they can never ever keep up, and at the same time the major player base is left weeks behind in content. Any MMO company that tries to cater to the 'no lifers' will burn out their money way too fast, and no matter what they will never ever keep up with the 'no lifers'. Its a doomed approach to a MMO.

Edited by Jarnhand
1 person likes this

Posted

So after the update I used my shards and got my gear upgraded (1/2 duo/1/2 tri), I decided i was not to bothered about questing or grinding straight away as this is what I have been doing in mediah for months (not forgetting slaughtering millions of sheep). Instead I went whale hunting and this was fantastic enjoyed it so much I quickly got to Skilled hunting and my first 2 molars. I then thought today was time to go experience what valencia had to offer and oh boy was I disappointed.

What happened to difficult content? I followed a few quests taking me from ez mode mob to ez mob, hoping and praying that I would eventually find something that posed a threat, nothing.

So 3 hours into valencia I am back to grinding mind numbing easy mobs? I think this is a result of a few factors.

First you made pirate island which was the only challenging zone at the time super super easy so i didnt bother think that oh well valencia will be soon, but then you nerf all damage and health of mobs. Like why? I want to be worried about grinding a zone, I dont have to dodge a single mob in valencia just stand and face tank.

Secondly you increased the health of all characters making this easier once again?

Third and foremost you released shards over a month before valencia came out so all this content that was supposed to be hard is easy mode because we have 440 ap/dp on release.

Please daum make this content hard again or you will quickly lose another player.

P.S This is compounded by the fact we dont have enough competition on the highest populated EU server. Node wars is a joke with 75% of all nodes either not being contested, avoided due to 200 man zergs, or not being held at all. Megaservers please.

Mobs in this game are a resource, they are not there to pose a challenge. 

Posted

Lol dont kid, We all have jobs just because you want to do mindless slacking. For real, the game has been out for over 4 months and you have 130 ap. Dont complain on a serious post about difficulty when you arent geared for calpheon shrine. 
If you want to bring this to who pays daums salaries more I can to near certainty say I have spent more on this game than yourself.

Yeah yeah your e-peen is bigger than everybody's else... and yeah you spend thousands of dollars, on supporting the game, and yeah you got the biggest wallet here..

Happy?

Amazing call me a no lifer for saying the game is to easy, very constructive are you just salty you havent got gear or what is it? 

Untrue, since the health and damage nerf our version received absolutely everything is mind numbing easy. Kr dont have a nerf pirates for example.

I agree that things might get harder but in my opinion (which may be a wrong one) that doesnt excuse content being easy now, you can always tweek nmbers for now and change them later? all i am asking is the 1 or 2 zones have the numbers increased or dmg multiplied. Even if its old content, make soldiers grave, hasrah or pirate island a scary place to go.

I got gear.. good gear actually, I can grind valencia tyvm for your concerns.. its just plain stupid to complain about a game just because its  too easy for you, like if its the developer's issue to cater to only ONE player..

If you find this game easy.. then go and have a life, like the one you presume to have..

Go get a second job, seek a promotion, save and buy a car.. who knows.. apparently you got too much time on your hands LOL!

Posted

Problem lies in that BDO do not have bosses or raids or dungeons that takes tactics, its all about DPS from range while a few poor sods of melees taking all the spank. And do not confuse difficult with grind. And as others have stated if you got high tier gear the whole game is easy mode, no news there. If you want challenge play a toon with lower gear. So if you want challenges and difficult content, either do not upgrade your gear so fast, or find another MMO where tactics and coordination are needed for big raids. BDO is about mindless grinding for higher tier gear and DPS, not about tactics or big coordinated difficult raids.

The whole post looks like a p1ssing contest to me, to show how leet you are and nothing is difficult for you. If you want it more challenging its stated by several what you can do, or you can go solo world bosses or something.

BTW! The problem you are seeing on your server right now with huge guilds fighting each other and the rest is dead, are due to people like you who rush all max level content, get the best gear months ahead of the other 80% or so, and then whine on the boards for 'moar content111111!!!oneoneone'. For people with about +15 or even lower tier gear, its a waste of time going to any kind of Node War, they are cannonfodder and its a waste of time. I wrote this weeks ago that this will happen all the time, if any MMO publisher tries to satisfy the 'no lifer' part of the community that always rush to max level/skill/gear, they can never ever keep up, and at the same time the major player base is left weeks behind in content. Any MMO company that tries to cater to the 'no lifers' will burn out their money way too fast, and no matter what they will never ever keep up with the 'no lifers'. Its a doomed approach to a MMO.

This man speaks the truth.

OP you need to spend your time "playing real life".

You say you have a job - that's cool - well what about going out and making some friends in real life?

and getting a girlfriend?

Like seriously - you beat the game and now you are crying that it's too easy.

That should be a wake up call to yourself.

You are spending way too much time playing this game.

And you are in denial about it.

Posted

I hope ur not here for challenging pve content. PVE in games is never hard. Just do like most well geared players now, go node wars & go around pking people. PVP requires skill, pve is just brainless bashing. It takes skill and quick thinking when ur -1kk RED, getting chased by a few guilds, while gradually taking more and more of them down. Do it in small pvp groups and you can clear entire spawns of players and you don't have to wait long before it gets bc'ed on the entire server and you get some epic battles. It's fun, risky and thrilling! Man this game is good.

If we'd only get some kind of drop from the ppl you kill, man o man.

Open world pvp is non existent since the 0% change. We are a 45 man guild that went completely uncontested for a T3 node, so thats -----ed aswell.

Yeah yeah your e-peen is bigger than everybody's else... and yeah you spend thousands of dollars, on supporting the game, and yeah you got the biggest wallet here..

Happy?

I got gear.. good gear actually, I can grind valencia tyvm for your concerns.. its just plain stupid to complain about a game just because its  too easy for you, like if its the developer's issue to cater to only ONE player..

If you find this game easy.. then go and have a life, like the one you presume to have..

Go get a second job, seek a promotion, save and buy a car.. who knows.. apparently you got too much time on your hands LOL!

You cant call someone a no lifer just because they dont struggle. The level of salt coming from people because I am pointing out something that will dawn on people in a week or so is a joke.

Its most definitely not a pissing contest I am merely stating that valencia gear soft cap is +18 and with +18 gear the content is to easy. I dont want more content I just want the dmg increased on the content we already have. 

I most definitely do not want raids or bosses.

Posted

Lets make it hard, ANY mob gives only .0000000001 exp , and no silver gain anymore. Also black crystal shards are gained via mining in the future dungeon, eliminate the source atm, also when you die its perma die. Anymore suggestion to make the game hard since its too easy?

Posted

Real skill comes from pvp, all the rest is progression to excel in said pvp

1 person likes this

Posted

They want us to catch up to other versions asap in terms of gear and levels. Much easier for PA to make patches&expansions and content when all version are in the same phase. That's why we got xp boost and mobs on level dying in 1-2 hits. Maybe they tune the difficulty up a bit for future content.

But I'll disagree that Valencia is brain dead easy. Ok maybe if you're level 57+ and full+18 or more, it's a snooze fest. But most players aren't there yet, so they still have to pot, dodge and utilize cc to not die in certain areas. Like is not hard, but you cant sleep while killing stuff. More than I can say for other commercial western MMORPGS, where stuff at max level dies from a random keyboard mash and it's impossible to die.

Anyway, not sure why people want to normal grinding to be super difficult in a game where you eventually need to kill an entire map for like 0.0001% o.O

Posted

The game was never hard to begin with , there are just very long and almost always painful RNG based steps to reach the highest objectives , succeeding in those doesn't make you good , either you're lucky or you've got plenty of free time to make up for you lack of luck.

Posted

Everybody on the forums cries when field bosses one shot them.

A month or two later: game's too easy.

Feel bad for Daum and PA tbh.

2 people like this

Posted

My fellow guildmate i think you post at wrong forums. This forums are toxic and the comminity is ready to salt with no arguments or reason.

I half agree with you though , iam TRI weapons And duo armour and Cadry and Basiliscs are a bit challenging. I guess that most ppl and ppl that started like a month ago will have a very hard time there.

I agree on the other hand that in 2 weeks time most will feel the same issue with you.

Also to point out that being 56-57 with 160/250 stats today , it is casual if u started at launch. No lifers are 190/280 and 58+ lvl. Anyone who says otherwise doesnt know how to play efficiently.

In valencia 2 btw the ope world instances are coming that mobs are VERY hard even for full TRI/TET and 60 lvl.

Posted

#MakeBDOHardAgain.... only for OP, pretty please?

Posted

Lets all agree that the op is trolling...

He is the only person in this thread that agrees with himself , and all he does is to answer posts with flawed logic like "git gud" or "so salty"... 

Apparently he got so much time that he needed to troll the forums

Posted

Its my fault i did what the game demanded? Come on now, just make certain zones ungrindable before +18 seeing as that is the effective soft cap now

but the game didn't demand it... did you even try exploring the new region with your current gear before you upgraded?

I don't really see how this is Daum or PAs problem.  you upgraded your gear without being informed and then disappointed yourself by making the game too easy.

Posted

Im a filthy casual and I agree with OP, things were OK before the mob nerf.

But I think that the problem lies in the scaling on the stats for the gear above +15.

Posted

Lets all agree that the op is trolling...

He is the only person in this thread that agrees with himself , and all he does is to answer posts with flawed logic like "git gud" or "so salty"... 

Apparently he got so much time that he needed to troll the forums

Arent you just contributing to the toxicity and the anger that is on the forums? I merely pointing out a problem that will affect much more people in a few weeks time. 

Posted

Shards were released too early. 

Too early considering that Valencia got delayed for a month. If they were able to follow their schedule, it would have been fine.

1 person likes this

Posted

Arent you just contributing to the toxicity and the anger that is on the forums? I merely pointing out a problem that will affect much more people in a few weeks time. 

check my rep points...  I barely post on forums and got higher rep than you.. Who is the toxic one.. just because I dont agree with you, and you cant tolerate being wrong dosent give u the right to be toxic.. 

Also the only problem here is the one u got.. no one agrees with u LOL

Shards were released too early. 

Too early considering that Valencia got delayed for a month. If they were able to follow their schedule, it would have been fine.

wow a smart post.. I agree with u. They made shards available way too soon and way too much time before valencia :P

Posted

Ya wanna make it hard? Volunteer to protect your undergeared and inexperienced guildie at Kuit. :P

Posted

There is a lot of people who DIDN'T prepare because they DIDN'T play the game before and thus, new content is hard for them. Oh, great, you knew everything in front, great for you. 90% of player base didn't. It is only easy in YOUR OWN view, for many of us, it is hard to kill some mobs still. 

Not everyone, also, wants to rush through game like you, we want to enjoy it. If you don;t like it, you know where uninstall button is. Don't make games tailoring to you ONLY. If you want that, make your own game and enjoy it.

Posted

So after the update I used my shards and got my gear upgraded (1/2 duo/1/2 tri)

That's why "the game is easy".. mobs are very strong imo

Posted

wow a smart post.. I agree with u. They made shards available way too soon and way too much time before valencia :P

Lol if you had actually read my post you would have seen that I put this in there. Dont start calling me toxic when it doesnt seem like you actually read the post.

Ya wanna make it hard? Volunteer to protect your undergeared and inexperienced guildie at Kuit. :P

Of course I can :) I also have my kuit node at level 10 so easy loot if we go.

There is a lot of people who DIDN'T prepare because they DIDN'T play the game before and thus, new content is hard for them. Oh, great, you knew everything in front, great for you. 90% of player base didn't. It is only easy in YOUR OWN view, for many of us, it is hard to kill some mobs still. 

Not everyone, also, wants to rush through game like you, we want to enjoy it. If you don;t like it, you know where uninstall button is. Don't make games tailoring to you ONLY. If you want that, make your own game and enjoy it.

Again, you make think this now because you dont have the gear designed for valencia, when you are geared for valencia you will realise that the mobs are easy mode again.

That's why "the game is easy".. mobs are very strong imo

The way Daum changed the +20 gear system means that the new soft cap for gear is +18. I dont have full +18 yet the mobs are easy.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I agree that mob design could be better. I guess players are progressing in gear/level much faster than PA has anticipated. 

Edited by WingsOfHeaven