• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Beauty Album Events

178 posts in this topic

Posted

Why would get an Appearance change coupon... for a design that had been already unanimously been Voted near perfect?

2 people like this

Posted

thanks! Imho, I just shared my 2 alts looks, so what, its nice if more of 'me ' is running around B|

Posted

Eh. I think my characters look pretty fantastic, but it'd take a better reward than this for me to upload the template for free use to everyone. I guess the appearance change reward is there as compensation for having turned yourself into one of so many clones?

Posted

2.Best of the Best

The Beauty Album allows you to share your character customization in game, based on that we're going to run a beauty contest where the votes will be the amount of download and likes from the community. Everything will happen in game.

• Start:July 6th (After Maintenance)
  • End: July 20th (End of day)

Rules:

1. For 2 weeks players will be able to use the Beauty Album to upload their character customization
  2. Others players will be able to vote (Like) for the best but also download the template.
  3. After 2 weeks we will pick the Top 5 Likes and Top 5  Download per class per server as our winners.
  4. Duplicated entries/participants will be excluded. 
  5. One time winning per account only.
  6. If a player X wins based on the Top 5 likes but is also in the Top 5 Download his second entry will not be taken in consideration. We will simply pick one extra winner from the Top download.

For rule #4, does that mean I can only put up one character for the chance of winning or can I put up two and the "Lesser one" just doesn't count? @CM_Jouska ?

Posted (edited)

Starting today players can purchase an Appearance Change Coupon (7 Days) for 1 Loyalty. Note: This is a one time purchase per account.

Does the timer start on purchase or on use?

Edited by DAOWAce

Posted

Thinking perfectly clearly. You should try it. Remember when you made your character? All those buttons you clicked to change their appearance? Yeah, we all have those and can just use them to copy you.

When BDO launched I spent a grand total of 45min messing around with her before I decided screw it I want to see what the games actually about, shes basic nothing fancy, but roaming around and crafting in various towns, I've seen few if any who rival her in the Sorceress department. Give it a shot though I would be rather impressed if you could replicate her :3

2016-06-19_205463128.jpg

Posted (edited)

Does the timer start on purchase or on use?

The 1 time appearance change is used only when you apply the changes from the beauty window,

I don't remember for the 30 days. You either activate it from your pearl window or the timer starts when you apply a change for the first time with it. But then you can applies changes to every characters you have on the server without restriction for 30 days.

Edited by Haishao

Posted

But my armor lost all dye slots when i upgraded it after the patch... Lost the dyes also... 

Posted

"The Beauty Album allows you to share your character customization in game"

YOUR = created by you, not copied from site with templates.

In album you can see original author of template (for example Deamos) which it is not equal with your family name.

Posted

"The Beauty Album allows you to share your character customization in game"

YOUR = created by you, not copied from site with templates.

In album you can see original author of template (for example Deamos) which it is not equal with your family name.

You know, some people played other versions prior to playing on NA. Or made their character templates during CBT2 when the standalone character creator was available. An unmatched author & family name doesn't always represent a copied template. It's rude of you to bunch original creators with copiers based on a name. 

Posted

btw guys if you win and have created or already did create a unique character... you wont be unique anymore.

Bad contest idea tbh. I suppose imitation is the most sincere form of flattery but... no thanks.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

http://www.bdotemplates.com/witch/nekra/

Or you could edit someone else's template, right bud?

indeed. Yet just because she has cross eyes and similar hair means nothing. good job though. guessing I stole my warrior too? I won't deny the face roundness similarities. She's cute.

Edited by midgard229

Posted

Daum Games missed the point: as many players has made it clear above, the contest shouldn't involve the possibility to "copy the look"; one of the leading features of BDO is the opportunity to create "unique" characters, which made it so attractive from other MMORPGs. By participating the contest, you may contribute to break the charm...

2 people like this

Posted

Daum Games missed the point: as many players has made it clear above, the contest shouldn't involve the possibility to "copy the look"; one of the leading features of BDO is the opportunity to create "unique" characters, which made it so attractive from other MMORPGs. By participating the contest, you may contribute to break the charm...

this!

Posted (edited)

I know it will not be entered into the competition here, but I thought I would post my Valkyrie here anyway. I'm quite pleased with it and would have liked to of entered it in the competition, but I do not wish to share the template.

Valkyrie_Full_Portrait.thumb.jpg.d28c428

Edited by RinV1

Posted

So far all I see are terrible looking characters in the Beauty Album.

Posted

I'm sure the point of the event is to get us to put more templates in the Beauty Album, so that's why there is no private-only option. The whole goal of the event is to have more templates to display, so if there's one you have you don't want to share, you may want to tweak it or create another.

Posted

The majority of people clearly don't want to share their template( I'm one of them ). Make this part optional already !! :P

Posted

The majority of people clearly don't want to share their template( I'm one of them ). Make this part optional already !! :P

Uploading a template is optional

Posted

make a random char, participate, delete that ugly mofo. > Profit

I agree, I don't want people downloading my appearance. I have spent an insane amount of hours making her. 

What's the point of doing what you said? An ugly mofo won't get the votes or downloads. There doesn't seem to be a participation reward this time around, which is a super bummer. Either that, or the dye IS the participation reward. If that's the case, what does the winner win?

Why would get an Appearance change coupon... for a design that had been already unanimously been Voted near perfect?

Thank you! My thoughts exactly!!!

Posted

consolation prizes? x)

Posted

Rewards are boring as ....

No kidding. The store dye system in this game is something that desperately needs rework and giving it as a reward is like a slap in the face by a 500 lb hooker.

I know it will not be entered into the competition here, but I thought I would post my Valkyrie here anyway. I'm quite pleased with it and would have liked to of entered it in the competition, but I do not wish to share the template.

Valkyrie_Full_Portrait.thumb.jpg.d28c428

WAY OVER THE TOP 'EMO'

Never cared for the all white/black eyes people don on characters. I'ts like they're trying too hard on the emo scale and failed. She's not gross it's just the look and the lips are too over the top

Posted

10 random dye to share the only unique feature of the game we have with other players...

how dare you daum! HOW DARE UUU

Posted

YAy.. a chance to remodel my Witch..... and give her a free breast reduction operation or some such.

Posted (edited)

someones gotta make the world a prettier place :( i just hope who ever dl mine least changes the color, and its documented that I own it atleast

maybe pretty isn't the word, help those who lack the ability to create, my way of giving to the community

Edited by Ruin