• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Beauty Album Guide

59 posts in this topic

Posted

*shrugs* everyone is going like *omg they gonna steal my babies away* ... :D

Posted

Share my character? Sure!

Have other people download my template? Nope!

j/k, I use default looks because I couldn't be -----ed to waste hours on creation when I was extremely busy.. plus I should have an appearance coupon from my $100 pre-order package, right?  I can't actually remember.

Posted (edited)

edit: figured that one out, silly reading. 

MNOmLQK.jpg

Edited by Xialoh

Posted

added a couple of mine, as i allready made several for other players i don't mind people using mine at all.. 

Posted

''apply someone else’s customization work'' - No thanks never using this. Dono about most people but I like being unique , don't really want a bunch of my clones runing around </3

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska    

I have a Problem with my Beauty Album there is a Bug....  i Uploaded My OWN Character and there is a Different Author !?!? wtf is wrong with this, GM PLEASE HELP (send me a Message please for more information :/ )  I'VE NEVER DOWNLOADED/MODIFIED OR DID ANYTHING LIKE THAT I just used the Beta Character Creator before BDO online RELEASE, maybe it just took that name at creation because it has the same name i used at The Creator?? please fix that problem ....................

Edited by Nyrrow

Posted

@CM_Jouska    

I have a Problem with my Beauty Album there is a Bug....  i Uploaded My OWN Character and there is a Different Author !?!? wtf is wrong with this GM PLEASE HELP (send me a Message please for more information :/ )

If you downloaded an existing preset and then modified it to create your character it will still have the name of the original creator as the author. Even if this person does not play in your region.

As far as I know to have yourself listed as the author you will need to create the customization from scratch.

Posted (edited)

.... . I think I'll stick with creating my own lol.

Edited by DarkAngelsPhire

Posted

Everyone can still show their characters on the Art & Media forums peacefully. It is up to the person who modified or have the original template to be shared or not.

Sometimes I like to use different templates and modified it to my liking.

The Beauty Album just makes it easier for people to share and show their work respectively. I agreed on disabling apply customization, but there is a forum to show your work for this.

Posted

If you downloaded an existing preset and then modified it to create your character it will still have the name of the original creator as the author. Even if this person does not play in your region.

As far as I know to have yourself listed as the author you will need to create the customization from scratch.

I'VE NEVERDOWNLOADED/MODIFIED OR DID ANYTHING LIKE THAT

Posted

@CM_Jouska    

I have a Problem with my Beauty Album there is a Bug....  i Uploaded My OWN Character and there is a Different Author !?!? wtf is wrong with this, GM PLEASE HELP (send me a Message please for more information :/ )  I'VE NEVER DOWNLOADED/MODIFIED OR DID ANYTHING LIKE THAT I just used the Beta Character Creator before BDO online RELEASE, maybe it just took that name at creation because it has the same name i used at The Creator?? please fix that problem ....................

I have the same issue.  I am not listed as the Author.

Posted

I will shamelessly download one of your sorc later if there's one I like. I never managed to make mine look good.

Posted

You have another author name because you used the free character creator where you used a family name that's different from the family name you're using currently (at least in my case).

Posted

I'm with so many others - it would be nice if there were a way to share our character WITHOUT giving the character template away. We put so many MANY hours into making them, to be original and unique...Especially for Roleplayers, why would we see clones of ourselves in this type of game? Bleh. :(

Neat feature that has promise, so long as they add the option to opt-out sharing the file.

Posted

@CM_Jouska    

Its actually not a real problem , it uses the template name that file was created under. For example one of mine shows my character family name on my RU server - since the template for it was made on RU and then saved and transferred to my characters on EU - it was saved in that folder under that author/character name.

Posted

I have a custom Meawha I'm never going to use so ya, I'll share that one, it'll be awesome

Posted

Servers are broken or something and I'm one of the many unable to stay connected for more than five seconds to share my beauty with everyone :(

beatisd.jpg

Posted

I would love to share screenshots but i don't want a clone of my tamer that i spent so much time and effort into running around the server.

Posted

Same problem, my wife used a different name in character creator than her family name in the live version. Could we use the email (which is the same for both cc and live version) as a means to prove her template was created by the same person? 

1 person likes this

Posted

All four of the character templates in the image below were created by myself from the base templates provided in the game and Character Creator. The Valkyrie Angel was created in the Character Creator, prior to the launch of CBT2. Since the names I used in the Character Creator and actual game launch are different, I have two separate author rankings even though these characters were created by me. If by the end of the event I place in the downloads or likes on the character with a different creator name, will this impact the end result?

2016-07-08_778616115.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Its actually not a real problem , it uses the template name that file was created under. For example one of mine shows my character family name on my RU server - since the template for it was made on RU and then saved and transferred to my characters on EU - it was saved in that folder under that author/character name.

Happened to me as well.. No problem, as no such account exist on EU/NA

Posted

I'm pretty sure you can just make extra customisations for fun and upload them to the gallery for people to download, you don't have to upload your own characters so there won't be clones of your character

Posted

All four of the character templates in the image below were created by myself from the base templates provided in the game and Character Creator. The Valkyrie Angel was created in the Character Creator, prior to the launch of CBT2. Since the names I used in the Character Creator and actual game launch are different, I have two separate author rankings even though these characters were created by me. If by the end of the event I place in the downloads or likes on the character with a different creator name, will this impact the end result?

2016-07-08_778616115.png

I too have the same problem. I have a Maehwa template that has 12 downloads and it has my family name listed as the author instead of my account name. So it's not counting it as part of my  author download rank :(

I hope this can be resolved. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Question about the Album. I was just online checking out the album for a few minutes and noticed not only the author name issues as mentioned above but that everything seems to be split by server and not just region? Is this so?

I had free char slots on a different server than I play on so I went there and used the char creator to upload a bunch of the templates I have made. Then when I logged into my main server I could not see or find the templates.

Edited by Cyr'Ren

Posted (edited)

wrong topic

Edited by Monalizathings