• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Beauty Album Guide

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Question about the Album. I was just online checking out the album for a few minutes and noticed not only the author name issues as mentioned above but that everything seems to be split by server and not just region? Is this so?

I had free char slots on a different server than I play on so I went there and used the char creator to upload a bunch of the templates I have made. Then when I logged into my main server I could not see or find the templates.

Yes I noticed this as well.

Posted (edited)

I think it's great people want to share, but I don't. Count me out! But it is nice idea for an event. I think many will enjoy this feature.

I keep my characters for myself for the most part, but I enjoy making different characters for other people. I can really only use one customization for myself (ofc), so I tinker around with each of the different face types to try to create something pretty or interesting for others to use - as some people don't enjoy that element, or can't get the results they want. I try to diversify a bit, and make templates that I wouldn't necessarily use, but that someone else might like.

For instance, my main valkyrie - I have a version of her for myself, and I tweaked it a bit for other players on the beauty gallery to use (and she's holding down the #1 spot). Also, witches are a popular class, but it's difficult to make their faces look more realistic and less doughy and childlike, so I challenge myself with that - a few of the templates I've shared are doing fairly well. Plus, it beats seeing a ton of default characters everywhere. :)

I can't relate to the superior attitudes in this thread, maybe that's due to my younger days creating content to be shared in other games. If I see someone with one of my templates that I've made to be shared, that actually gets credited to me, I'm not going to be salty about it. Two people already tweaked my templates and uploaded their own versions -- but I still get credit for them.

Yes I noticed this as well.

yep, it's exclusive to server. 

Edited by Islarose
1 person likes this

Posted

I have to say it sucks they separated the Beauty Album like that. I can understand why I guess for the contest but in general it would be nice for people to be able to share their templates across the game. That means with EVERYONE and not just the people on the server they are uploaded to. >.<

Posted

I have to say it sucks they separated the Beauty Album like that. I can understand why I guess for the contest but in general it would be nice for people to be able to share their templates across the game. That means with EVERYONE and not just the people on the server they are uploaded to. >.<

Yeah, it's an odd choice. I suppose you could always use the spare character slots on other servers and upload your templates if you wanted them available on each server for your region. I'd thought about doing that, but haven't had the real desire to do so yet. 

Posted

Perhaps they chose such to make it easier for the tracking and tallying of results? (Top 5 Likes and Top 5  Download per class per server as our winners.)
I would be interested if they'd consider merging the Beauty Album results once the event finishes. Some of the work on other servers are fantastic (and certain classes could do well with a bigger pool of player customization - ie Wizards and Giants)

Posted

I put some on there before I knew there was a contest this contest is by download count then? Cant someone just cheat and keep downloading their own pictures from the album over and over again?

Posted

I put some on there before I knew there was a contest this contest is by download count then? Cant someone just cheat and keep downloading their own pictures from the album over and over again?

I've tried this and I can confirm that your own applications count toward the download ranking. (Which is sad)

They really didn't think this through with all the loopholes this "contest" provides.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've tried this and I can confirm that your own applications count toward the download ranking. (Which is sad)
They really didn't think this through with all the loopholes this "contest" provides.

Hopefully they check IP or something to see if someone is downloading their own templates over and over. On my server there is it looks like a little girl witch showing with most downloads for witch category, I dont know maybe Im crazy but I dont see most males wanting to play a little girl witch this isnt Korea(me thinks something is fishy :)

Posted

Did anyone get the rewards yet?