• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Beginner Musa seeking Gear advice

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Good day everyone,

I decided to roll a Musa (Blader) for a change and bring some new life into this game for me. Since I got a good amount of money, need failstacks for TRI stuff on my main + dont want to switch gear all day long, I am thinking about enchanting some basic gear for the start. I would like the opinion of some more experienced Musa players since I have a few questions open. Lets start with the overview: (Keep in mind its for leveling and some basic pvp first and if I stick to it I can invest more later)

Armor: Full Grunil vs. Taritas/Grunil vs. Rocaba/Grunil

Question: I think Grunil Hand + Head for the 2 AP bonus is save, but I am not sure about the other 2 pieces. Its mainly for leveling up to lvl 55/56 and then testing the Pvp for now. I can still switch later, so what do you guys think would be most efficient? (Keeping up gems is no problem)

Rings: Blue Coral Ring vs MoS

Question: I got a lot of BCR from pirate farming, thinking about PRI them and use for now. Better options possible for the moment?

Earring: Witch vs. Blue Coral Earring vs. Red Coral Earring

Question: Same as the Rings (got a lot of BCR and some RCE - would PRI them)

Belt + Neck: I could switch over the Ancient set for the increased Acc for leveling or take a DUO: Bares + PRI: Gladiator

Question: Other options I worth thinking of?

Weapon: Ult. Yuria vs Liverto

Question: Can do both, but is the Liverto really that big of an upgrade for the Blader? (Outside of more AP, which would get balanced with human dmg) Biggest question - is 4 AS and 4 Crit enough for the beginning? Should I push one to 5 and leave the other at 3?

Offhand: AP or Accuracy? - Guessing its Acc for leveling

Thats all for now. Thanks for your help in advance. Hopefully you can bring some more light into those questions!

Greetings

Posted (edited)

I can only speak for myself what gear I use.

Maybe it will give you ideas/advise.

Head: Ultimate Grunil

Gloves: Ultimate Grunil

Chest: Red Nose Armour (was really thinking hard wheter its better than Grunil chest and dropping the 2 set)

Boots: Ultimate Grunil

Difference with Red Nose Armour and Ultimate Grunil = +100 WP + 6 DP -150 HP

Didn't see much use of the hp increase so i took the extra bit of dmg.

Weapon: Liverto 

Off-hand: White Horn bow/Black Horn bow? (got both AP and accuracy)

Belt + Neck: Ancient Weapon/Seal combo

Rings/Earrings: Pure AP rings/earrings

I feel like I have enough accuracy with Liverto and Weapon/Seal combo therefore I usually run with pure AP offhand. However if I need more accuracy I'll just swap for the other offhand. Liverto > Ultimate Yuria purely because it apparently scales much better with the accuracy it gets.

I've also never had any issues with running full Grunil but that could be because I have my Health lvl 29 so my base WP is much higher than a new blader/musa gets. Therefore Taritas could be much better at the beginning purely because of the fact you want to get around 300 WP. But once your health lvl gets high enough it really doesn't matter. Reason why I also went full grunil is because I also play a witch so i can just swap the gear to her when I need to play with her.

Also if you want a free 7 AP ring you can do Valencia main questline and you will get a 7 AP ring (cannot be enchanted though).

Also the 5 AP rings/earrings with the Hexe and Abandoned Monastery hourly quest tokens is decent until you get some PRI's going.

I would also advice you to only get your Weapon and off hand to PRI or even DUO before attempting jewelry. Purely because of the fact Weapon gives + 8 AP on enchant  (off-hand +3 AP) while jewelry 1-2 AP per enchant and chance to lose the jewelry.

Hope this was of some aid.

Edited by Fishhoox
typos and what not

Posted

Armor: Taritas/Grunil to start with, full Grunil when you are satisfied with your WP from health leveling

Rings: MoS

Earrings: I find both BCR and Witch viable

Neck/belt: I run Shultz/Bares, never got my hands on the ancient set so I don't know. You want Tree/Basilisk/Ogre in the long run so I'd go AP

Weapons: Liverto + AP

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Once you reach 400 WP, any 2pc set will work with Grunil, currently running 2pc Heve with Grunil for the extra health so I can be more meaty in GvGs and larger scale conflicts. (Will also increase Divider heal with larger HP pool, if I ever get enough skill points to grab it.) For rings, I'd go Crescent or Marks, earrings, go red coral and get them to Duo or Tri, the accuracy is absolutely your best friend for stunlock combos, AP comes second. Offhand, go with AP, mainhand, Liverto/Kzarka. Belt and necklace, I'd go with Ancient Seal/Core combo for the accuracy, the extra DP also doesn't hurt for larger scale conflicts, I.E, GvG/Node Wars. 

• 2pc Heve/Taritas/Rocaba & 2pc Grunil (All viable until boss armor.)
  • Red Coral Earrings
  • Crescent Rings/Mark of Shadow
  • Ancient Weapon Core & Seal (Or Tree Spirit Belt & Ogre Ring)
  • Liverto/Kzarka & White Horn Bow

This is what I would call BiS for Musa currently, Accuracy is our friend, and will always be our friend because we love our stunlocks. So prioritize it. Going full AP won't net you much actual damage if your target can walk out of a stunlock combo halfway through, and with only the Acc from your Liverto or Kzarka, the second CC in the chain almost never goes off. 

(Important to note: Once you get Bheg's Gloves, or should you already have them. Accuracy becomes completely mute, go full AP and wreck -----es to your heart's content!)

Edited by PandaPolishesPotatos
2 people like this

Posted

Once you reach 400 WP, any 2pc set will work with Grunil, currently running 2pc Heve with Grunil for the extra health so I can be more meaty in GvGs and larger scale conflicts. (Will also increase Divider heal with larger HP pool, if I ever get enough skill points to grab it.) For rings, I'd go Crescent or Marks, earrings, go red coral and get them to Duo or Tri, the accuracy is absolutely your best friend for stunlock combos, AP comes second. Offhand, go with AP, mainhand, Liverto/Kzarka. Belt and necklace, I'd go with Ancient Seal/Core combo for the accuracy, the extra DP also doesn't hurt for larger scale conflicts, I.E, GvG/Node Wars. 

• 2pc Heve/Taritas/Rocaba & 2pc Grunil (All viable until boss armor.)
  • Red Coral Earrings
  • Crescent Rings/Mark of Shadow
  • Ancient Weapon Core & Seal (Or Tree Spirit Belt & Ogre Ring)
  • Liverto/Kzarka & White Horn Bow

This is what I would call BiS for Musa currently, Accuracy is our friend, and will always be our friend because we love our stunlocks. So prioritize it. Going full AP won't net you much actual damage if your target can walk out of a stunlock combo halfway through, and with only the AP from your Liverto or Kzarka, the second CC in the chain almost never goes off. 

(Important to note: Once you get Bheg's Gloves, or should you already have them. Accuracy becomes completely mute, go full AP and wreck -----es to your heart's content!)

And what set changes do you suggest when you get Bhegs? 3x grunil?

Posted

And what set changes do you suggest when you get Bhegs? 3x grunil?

3 Grunil till you get more boss armor aye. 

Posted

Don't think when you get bheg gloves, you are switching whole set.. if you are running half and half, don't switch to full just because you got a bheg gloves. Keep what ever you had. Also, itemize based off of your last class as of accessories(even with armor...) . Many of what you mentioned have no optimal path. They are just opinions. You stated you need stacks. Just get a liverto blade and you can get enough stacks for a +19 if your lucky. every 15 mil I spend,  I get at least ~40 fail stacks on a liverto if it doesn't succeed 

Posted

Mind if I highjack with my noob qustions? :S
I can't play a lot so I think I'll not be getting boss gear anytime soon sadly. Meanwhile I'm looking at alternatives for now.
I have 2 grunil + 2 steel taritas (all of the iron wall), i'll probably go full grunil when I can afford better gems. Have coral rings (basic) and will upgrade to pri/duo and get coral earrings later too.

But I have a +13 yuria blade, and I was wondering if I should spend money on upgrading to ultimate or go for liverto? (please note I mostly upgrade through force, as I hate RNG with a burning passion, I know it may be more expensive in the end). Must I repar liverto with another liverto or can I use those memory things?
Also I use black bow and will get a white bow when I get lvls later (I need the accuracy atm).
Thoughts/advice?

Posted

Mind if I highjack with my noob qustions? :S
I can't play a lot so I think I'll not be getting boss gear anytime soon sadly. Meanwhile I'm looking at alternatives for now.
I have 2 grunil + 2 steel taritas (all of the iron wall), i'll probably go full grunil when I can afford better gems. Have coral rings (basic) and will upgrade to pri/duo and get coral earrings later too.

But I have a +13 yuria blade, and I was wondering if I should spend money on upgrading to ultimate or go for liverto? (please note I mostly upgrade through force, as I hate RNG with a burning passion, I know it may be more expensive in the end). Must I repar liverto with another liverto or can I use those memory things?
Also I use black bow and will get a white bow when I get lvls later (I need the accuracy atm).
Thoughts/advice?

Provided you get DUO Red Coral Earrings in the future, you can use Elixirs of Concentration to supplement your accuracy needs and get an AP offhand to +15 and use that, then sell your accuracy offhand, or blow it up for stones, I wouldn't do this until you get a Lverto though. I wouldn't waste the money to upgrade Yuria to +15, you'll drop it once you get a Liverto to +13. You can repair a Liverto with one Memory Fragment, it'll give it two durability. So five Memory Fragments is 10 durability, and so on. Ideally, you never want to force your Liverto as it'll cost you much much more to repair it, getting a Liverto back to 100 durability after forcing it to +15 will cost you 50 Memory Fragments which are 750k a pop (37.5mil to get it to 100 durability, 7.5mil to get it to 20 durability and make it usable.), unless you get them all through relic scrolls. 

You can however, force your Liverto to about +12, +13, and repair it with Memory Fragments, then RNG failstack it the last two levels reliably, that's what I did. After +15 there's no way you'll ever want to force an item to +16 or so on. 

As for your armor and jewelry, both are perfectly fine, there's no need to switch to 4pc Grunil unless you think you have enough WP and don't need the Taritas anymore. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Provided you get DUO Red Coral Earrings in the future, you can use Elixirs of Concentration to supplement your accuracy needs and get an AP offhand to +15 and use that, then sell your accuracy offhand, or blow it up for stones, I wouldn't do this until you get a Lverto though. I wouldn't waste the money to upgrade Yuria to +15, you'll drop it once you get a Liverto to +13. You can repair a Liverto with one Memory Fragment, it'll give it two durability. So five Memory Fragments is 10 durability, and so on. Ideally, you never want to force your Liverto as it'll cost you much much more to repair it, getting a Liverto back to 100 durability after forcing it to +15 will cost you 50 Memory Fragments which are 750k a pop (37.5mil to get it to 100 durability, 7.5mil to get it to 20 durability and make it usable.), unless you get them all through relic scrolls. 

You can however, force your Liverto to about +12, +13, and repair it with Memory Fragments, then RNG failstack it the last two levels reliably, that's what I did. After +15 there's no way you'll ever want to force an item to +16 or so on. 

As for your armor and jewelry, both are perfectly fine, there's no need to switch to 4pc Grunil unless you think you have enough WP and don't need the Taritas anymore. 

Thanks for the reply. So your suggesting forcing Liverto to +12/+13 and then failstack, right? And yes i'll try to go for duo corals then switch to white bow, I have both but I'm enchanting the accuracy one.
How many failstacks do you suggest before attempting to upgrade liverto? (also is horse equipment good for stacking fail stacks?)

Edited by Genova

Posted

Btw anyone tried full evasion?

Posted

Thanks for the reply. So your suggesting forcing Liverto to +12/+13 and then failstack, right? And yes i'll try to go for duo corals then switch to white bow, I have both but I'm enchanting the accuracy one.How many failstacks do you suggest before attempting to upgrade liverto? (also is horse equipment good for stacking fail stacks?)

From going to 13-14 and 14-15 when upgrading I always use 20 or more failstacks, I think the max is 25, but my RNG was really good last night and I got another Liverto up to 14 and 15 with just 18 failstacks each. But never count on that happening, forcing it to 12 or 13 isn't bad, now that memory fragments repair 2 durability you can repair that pretty easily, but forcing to 14-15 still would require to many memory fragments for me to think worthwhile. 

Btw anyone tried full evasion?

I have 2 +5 Evasion gems in my helmet and noticed an immediate difference after putting them in, I haven't tried a full evasion build but I wouldn't rely on one, cause anyone stacking accuracy will hit you regardless. The difference from the 2 +5 gems wasn't the be all end all, but it saved my life a couple times. I'd get picked up by a Zerker and he'd jump into his friends, and then the RNG would kick in and they'd all miss me during the next grapple and I'd be able to run away and live. 

Posted

From going to 13-14 and 14-15 when upgrading I always use 20 or more failstacks, I think the max is 25, but my RNG was really good last night and I got another Liverto up to 14 and 15 with just 18 failstacks each. But never count on that happening, forcing it to 12 or 13 isn't bad, now that memory fragments repair 2 durability you can repair that pretty easily, but forcing to 14-15 still would require to many memory fragments for me to think worthwhile. 

I have 2 +5 Evasion gems in my helmet and noticed an immediate difference after putting them in, I haven't tried a full evasion build but I wouldn't rely on one, cause anyone stacking accuracy will hit you regardless. The difference from the 2 +5 gems wasn't the be all end all, but it saved my life a couple times. I'd get picked up by a Zerker and he'd jump into his friends, and then the RNG would kick in and they'd all miss me during the next grapple and I'd be able to run away and live. 

well i ment the rocaba set than our passive skill , evasion help from hitting not grabing, u need extra stone for the grabing , knockdown

Posted

well i ment the rocaba set than our passive skill , evasion help from hitting not grabing, u need extra stone for the grabing , knockdown

I haven't invested anything into resistance gems, we're almost always in super armor in PvP, so there's no need for resists because we're only on the offensive after we've CC'd our target. In GvG and larger scale I can understand why you'd want to use resistance gems but lets be honest, if you clip a wizard in the back-line and three or four people turn to deal with you, resistance gems won't save you from that many CCs going off. 

Posted

Can I just jump in on this while we're at it.

I currently have 2xTari & 2xGrun. I'm considering selling the 2xTari pieces and buying the other Grun pieces and using 4xGrun. I currently have 280 WP without gear on.

Do you think it'd be worth changing over or should I just stick with it how it is?

Also, what Crystals do you advise using

Posted

Can I just jump in on this while we're at it.

I currently have 2xTari & 2xGrun. I'm considering selling the 2xTari pieces and buying the other Grun pieces and using 4xGrun. I currently have 280 WP without gear on.

Do you think it'd be worth changing over or should I just stick with it how it is?

Also, what Crystals do you advise using

2x Cobenilus in chest, and 2x 5 Evasion in helmet, or 2x 50 health in helmet and 2x Damage Reduction in chest, whichever you prefer. For gloves I have attack speed x2, shoes are +2 damage reduction (Can use 150 stamina gems or adamantine)

I'd get 400 minimum WP, naked or with gear and gems, that way you can chase a lot and still have the WP to pull off skills, doesn't hurt to have a little more for the added damage on gale ultimate either. I'd stick with 2pc taritas 2pc grunil until you get boss armor, the time/investment to 15 another piece is zzzzzzzzzz. 

Posted (edited)

So I got my Liverto to TRI, now thinking about pushing offhand up aswell and took my TRI/DUO grunil stuff + rings/earrings from main. 

The only thing I can't decide yet is the neck + belt combo. For the moment I use the Ancient set, but I am wondering if TRI: Bares (oger) + any AP belt (thinking about duo schulz for now or PRI tree - basilisk lster) is better for Musa? Is the raw ap better than some bonus Acc?

Also another question concerning Boss fights - what is the best spam able combo to do the max. Dmg possible? 

Thanks for the answers already!

/e: one more thing - which skills to awaken with what modifier?  I guess attackspeed and ap on the Dmg ones, movement speed slow on stub arrow?

Edited by Epizentrum

Posted

So I got my Liverto to TRI, now thinking about pushing offhand up aswell and took my TRI/DUO grunil stuff + rings/earrings from main. 

The only thing I can't decide yet is the neck + belt combo. For the moment I use the Ancient set, but I am wondering if TRI: Bares (oger) + any AP belt (thinking about duo schulz for now or PRI tree - basilisk lster) is better for Musa? Is the raw ap better than some bonus Acc?

Also another question concerning Boss fights - what is the best spam able combo to do the max. Dmg possible? 

Thanks for the answers already!

/e: one more thing - which skills to awaken with what modifier?  I guess attackspeed and ap on the Dmg ones, movement speed slow on stub arrow?

Weapon Core & Seal are really good if you can DUO or TRI them, if you want more AP then go Ogre Ring and Basilisk Belt, for awakenings get all your hard hitting abilities like Lunar Slash, Blooming, Rising Storm, 4 or 5 AP modifiers, I then use 10% for 10 seconds on Stub Arrow, and Back-step Slash, and 10% Attack Speed for 10 seconds on Charged Stub Arrow. Stacking both is really nice, makes Wizards & Witches cast slow as shit. 

Posted

Would you recommend using Taritas Armor & Shoes (for tiny bit of WP and evasion)  or Taritas Helmet & Gloves (for +2 accuracy and resistances)? The rest would be Grunil but I just cant decide between which pieces of which set to use. I like the way Taritas armor looks more I think, but dont wanna gimp my stats just to make the character look a little better. (can always just buy an outfit)

Posted

Would you recommend using Taritas Armor & Shoes (for tiny bit of WP and evasion)  or Taritas Helmet & Gloves (for +2 accuracy and resistances)? The rest would be Grunil but I just cant decide between which pieces of which set to use. I like the way Taritas armor looks more I think, but dont wanna gimp my stats just to make the character look a little better. (can always just buy an outfit)

I'd go with the Taritas armor & shoes with Grunil Helmet & Gloves, just for the +5ap and the extra WP.
This combo is a really good balance for our class.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0