• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Questions & Clarifications with Pearl Abyss

352 posts in this topic

Posted

Thank you!

1 person likes this

Posted

thanks ! :)

Posted

And still not a single word on Warriors! *sigh*

2 people like this

Posted

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-2

5 people like this

Posted

Well said.

Thank you for some clarification and hopefully it will answer peoples questions and concerns.

1 person likes this

Posted

Any statement possible regarding the status of loot drops at world bosses and field bosses and how this system will be changed (if that is something that is indeed going to happen)? As brought up several times before, although they may have been intended as a way to catch up in gear, they are now loot piñatas and a way to earn ridiculous amounts of money for people that already have that gear, leaving the lower tier players to scramble for cash to buy them from the people that already have them and keep getting more and more and more.

3 people like this

Posted

• GvG can only be declared on guilds that have declared GvG previously or participated in Node/Siege War.

• Our intention behind this change was to offer minimum protection for PVE focused, casual guilds in GvG situations.  Since there have been a number of requests asking for any type of protection for PVE focused small guilds, we have been considering various methods to address those needs.  When it comes to GvG, our biggest concern is providing equal opportunity to as many guilds as possible and making GvG content more approachable for everyone.

Either reduce Karma loss or increase Karma gain if you are implementing terrible systems like this. It benefits only griefers PvE guilds already have the "Protection" aspect of the guild.

OR REVERT THE 1% EXP LOSS FROM PVP FFS

Another option could be you know that thing would everyone has been talking about for a very long time. Make them spawn at town?

14 people like this

Posted (edited)

So Dark Flame is not supposed to do that dmg. It's supposed to do 20 DMG on 0 DP targets. OK.

And multiple magic arrows on wizard is supposed to do that much dmg, while being spamable, with no cooldown, with no dmg reduction in pvp, with no dimishbing returns, with 100 critical? WOW... surely, it's balanced on wizard, only sorc is bugged when it does that, right?

Are you that dumb? How can you tell that a skill doing ZERO or close to zero dmg works as intended? This is a slap in the face of many players!

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/95573-61716-patch-compiled-list-of-bugs-for-daum-to-send-pearl-abyss/

They know about wizz skill, same problem like Dark Flame sorc and they will "repair" this

Edited by Niebieski
1 person likes this

Posted

Well, this is disappointing :( 

1 person likes this

Posted

• Sorceress Class Changes

• We have fixed the issue where Dark Flame causes more damage during cooldown.  After testing the sustained damage of sorceress skills, we have found the following issues.  

1. Dark Flame causes far more damage than initially intended.  
      2. Dark Flame deals 100% critical hit damage during cooldown which is contrary to what its Skill Description claims.  

We can confirm that issues with accuracy rate and cooldown damage of Dark Flame have been properly adjusted and tested. We are constantly working on balancing each class so that every player can be happy.  

im sorry to inform you mister @CM_Jouska but your testers are goddamn awful and need to be fired. while the second part of dark flame (dark flame II) was fixed and is working as intended, it is the first part Dark Flame I which does absolutely no damage whatsoever, and is blatantly bugged as there are plenty of tests to support these claims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajJrdtL47ts

if you can't see the issue here i recommend you log in game, make a sorceress yourself, give it a ludicrous amount of AP and test Dark Flame I's damage, you'll see it's non existent

27 people like this

Posted

To sad they didnt say anything about black market vendors .. again (._.)

1 person likes this

Posted

So Dark Flame is not supposed to do that dmg. It's supposed to do 20 DMG on 0 DP targets. OK.

And multiple magic arrows on wizard is supposed to do that much dmg, while being spamable, with no cooldown, with no dmg reduction in pvp, with no dimishbing returns, with 100 critical? WOW... surely, it's balanced on wizard, only sorc is bugged when it does that, right?

Are you that dumb? How can you tell that a skill doing ZERO or close to zero dmg works as intended? This is a slap in the face of many players!

im sorry to inform you mister @CM_Jouska but your testers are goddamn awful and need to be fired. while the second part of dark flame (dark flame II) was fixed and is working as intended, it is the first part Dark Flame I which does absolutely no damage whatsoever, and is blatantly bugged as there are plenty of tests to support these claims

if you can't see the issue here i recommend you log in game, make a sorceress yourself, give it a ludicrous amount of AP and test Dark Flame I's damage, you'll see it's non existent

In case this was not made clear in the OP, all bullet points are directly from Pearl Abyss, the creators of the game.

26 people like this

Posted (edited)

Our intention behind this change was to offer minimum protection for PVE focused, casual guilds in GvG situations.  Since there have been a number of requests asking for any type of protection for PVE focused small guilds, we have been considering various methods to address those needs.  When it comes to GvG, our biggest concern is providing equal opportunity to as many guilds as possible and making GvG content more approachable for everyone.

And PvP focused small guils can die...

Edited by Lockarius Iskelion
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In case this was not made clear in the OP, all bullet points are directly from Pearl Abyss, the creators of the game.

then I can't stress it enough but provide more evidence to Pearl Abyss, either their tests were rigged on purpose to utterly make sorceress useless in PvP, or they didn't test jackshit, I don't see how people can't see the issue in that video, Dark Flame I is doing 0 damage (ok I lied, it's 20 damage. with 180+ AP. on 0 dp. nothing wrong there, right?)

Edited by BestSorcEU
7 people like this

Posted

^^

ZZhqdefault.jpg

then I can't stress it enough but provide more evidence to Pearl Abyss, either their tests were rigged on purpose to utterly make sorceress useless in PvP, or they didn't test jackshit, I don't see how people can't see the issue in that video, Dark Flame I is doing 0 damage

Dont see or dont want to see is 2 different things , mb theyr intention is to make it as a block instead of damaging ability , who knows , not we for sure ...

Posted

Thank-you for some finally long awaited communication!

Posted

• Sorceress Class Changes

• We have fixed the issue where Dark Flame causes more damage during cooldown.  After testing the sustained damage of sorceress skills, we have found the following issues.  

1. Dark Flame causes far more damage than initially intended.  
      2. Dark Flame deals 100% critical hit damage during cooldown which is contrary to what its Skill Description claims.  

We can confirm that issues with accuracy rate and cooldown damage of Dark Flame have been properly adjusted and tested. We are constantly working on balancing each class so that every player can be happy.  

Stupidity of this magnitude can't be possible. This gives me a good idea of what kind of testing these devs are capable of doing, so I know now that I won't be sticking around in this game as long term as I thought. I'm not going to say I'm out tomorrow, because awakenings should still fix the dev team's seemingly blind error, but this statement has shot my faith in them almost entirely.

At least I've gotten my Ranger up to 55 now. I won't be rerolling again, since aside from stupidity, I could easily see this  being a cash grabbing technique to get players to reroll and spend money on costumes, and I won't be baited into that again after seeing this "properly adjusted and tested" change. If nothing else, you fail completely at documentation of changes, because the patch notes should have indicated something along the lines of "completely removed half of the ability's damage".

9 people like this

Posted

• Development Direction

• An MMORPG, by default, requires a lot of time on player’s end. It is Time2Win by definition. Which also means that existing players always have some sort of advantage in MMORPG over new players. That does not mean that we are not hoping new players enjoy enough of Black Desert, which is why there has been recent adjustments of monster balance and growth EXP. We understand, depending on situations, that existing players may stand against some changes that seem to benefit new players more. However, we believe that the constant influx of new players will enrich Black Desert and all the players in the long run.

We know these are just a few of the questions being asked, but this is where we have started.  What we would like to ask each of you to do is to keep asking these types of questions and providing us with your feedback.  We will be monitoring this thread while we work on the next series of questions, so please try to keep your posts constructive as well as on topic.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to conveying your next batch of questions soon.

I believe that the message is somewhat maladjusted to reality. The fact of having put the items for the enchantment of weapons and armadiras PRI, Duo, Tri before Valencia's entrance is something that has created a enoorme difference in players who already knew the game for having played in the version koreana or Russian and thus have taken advantage of information that many unaware players and have made a very big difference stats in the game. The drop rate of items is very low and this makes it practically impossible to get the items in the game to players who have less time available to play with what eventually many players to see who can not catch up on equipment the most likely decide to leave the game because they can not match the stats of players top.Este team game first seemed that primary skill of the players but the reality is quite another bonus that more hours spent in the game against the player with skill in combat. In a game where there is a huge trabaklo regarding the optimization content and realization thereof that reward players with more available hours versus more casual players because of the difficulty of love computers only based on luck and rewards effort not think it can make the number of players futures 

The fact that the only concern of the players is the getting up equipment at any price against enjoy the rich content of the game and spending hours and hours farming back no sense to get the much appreciated jewelry and so precious items by its scarcity makes love to end the game becomes repetitive and monotonous task. I think if a larger drop of the items were to be implemented to enchant weapons and armor and a similar system of enchantment to the jewelry implementing a black stone jewelry without the jewelry rend would make the game more fun because at achieving greater equality in the teams players could focus on the content and PVP accounts inorder is what we all

Posted

I mained a Sorc and I just come to terms with Dark Flame was broken to begin with. I don;t understand why all you other Sorcs can't do this also.

28 people like this

Posted

QUESTION!!!

Will you be adding additional Character Slots as you add additional Classes in the Game?

(And how will we unlock them? Free, Loyality/Pearls?)

Posted

A whole class crippled for over 2 weeks, lovely stuff.

2 people like this

Posted

I mained a Sorc and I just come to terms with Dark Flame was broken to begin with. I don;t understand why all you other Sorcs can't do this also.

Unlike many other posters I've seen saying things like this, it seems you actually are/were a sorc player. It also seems that you have a grasp of how severely this change broke the class. With that being said, why would you make this statement? I'm just genuinely curious.

Posted

Then why does the fukcing tooltip says that it deals dmg and not that it blocks?

Idk , no idea , 1 is clear , my theory of them leeching money of ppl rerolling and milking crap out of everything possible , is getting even more real ... They should adjust tooltip tho , if this change is intentional ...