• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Daum should add new ways to get Sharp and Hard shards. Maybe Red Battle Field Tokens?

What else should give Sharp and Hard shards?   237 votes

1. 1. What else should give Sharp and Hard shards?

• Red Battle field tokens
    • Monsters should drop shards
    • Bosses should drop shards
    • Other lifeskills should drop shards
    • All of the above
    • Only gathering should drop shards
    • None of the above (please reply with recommendation)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

86 posts in this topic

Posted

So now that we all agree gathering is boring as hell, what's another way you guys think would be good for getting sharps n hards? 

I think RBF would be good. It already has a gear cap version so everyone can participate. 

Maybe drop off monsters?

I believe you can get them from whaling too. 

idk what do you guys think? Should there be another way to get them aside from gathering at all? If so, what? 

Posted

I think there's already enough ways to get these shards. :)

7 people like this

Posted

I think there's already enough ways to get these shards. :)

what he said. this game shouldn't become only about grinding mobs to get wtf u want. that stupid and boring and a dead game

1 person likes this

Posted

At the moment, you can get shards by:

- Gathering;

- Farming (manually taking care of your crops);

- As a quest reward for completing Cooking, Alchemy, Processing and Gathering advancement quests.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

At the moment, you can get shards by:

- Gathering;

- Farming (manually taking care of your crops);

- As a quest reward for completing Cooking, Alchemy, Processing and Gathering advancement quests.

these are essentially all gathering. click button. Wait for progress bar, potentially receive shard. 

Edited by Dremlock
1 person likes this

Posted

Just for the idea...

You.

Posted

these are essentially all gathering. 

True. Gathering is just the general term.  Good thing though, is that you can gather whatever you want to gather.  Whether they're animals or rocks, or even tending to your crops, you're still gonna get some shards.

Posted

I agree we should have other ways to obtain shards.  Right now demand far exceeds supply.  We need more ways of getting an adequate supply of shards into the economy.  A single weapon shard will cost you around 12m silver to pre-order right now.  That is is ridiculous in my opinion.  

Posted

Yeah please, force players into unbalanced PvP so they can quit faster and the faster this game turns into f2p and p2w.

Posted

I wonder what the Korean playerbases opinion is on this matter. Maybe they hate gathering just as much as we do. Or maybe they're like, "this is the most fun ever!"

Posted (edited)

The only one I am really against is the RBF reward... That'd just open the floodgates hard to afk'ers.

It's one thing to afk / semi afk lifeskills... but afking RBF should not be a thing the devs incentivize.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

So now that we all agree gathering is boring as hell, what's another way you guys think would be good for getting sharps n hards? 

I think RBF would be good. It already has a gear cap version so everyone can participate. 

Maybe drop off monsters?

I believe you can get them from whaling too. 

idk what do you guys think? Should there be another way to get them aside from gathering at all? If so, what?

Just get over it.

Mindless grinding for months kills enough brain cells as it is, I love PvP and I can grind for hours. The break from it this week for the need to do gathering however is welcome.

Don't worry soon you will be +17 and back to killing mobs.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure I understand why we get them for gathering but not crafting. Both cost energy and both need user involvement. 

Posted

Just increase a bit the chance to get dem shards from gathering

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just get over it.

Don't worry soon you will be +17 and back to killing mobs.

my stuff is +18 alrdy. i got lucky tho. I only used a fraction of the shards many others are using 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

Sell 25% chance of gaining shards from gathering potions for Pearls. 

Posted

Red Battlefield?  It is literally the most miserable battleground I've ever played in 12 years of bouncing between MMOs.  Please for the love of god do not incentivise it any further.  It already gives 200 more energy for gathering, that is more than enough.

Boss drops?  We have at least 1-2 megathreads a week agreeing that field bosses are one of the biggest mistakes made to date.  But sure, lets make them even MORE important.

Other lifeskills?  This is the best suggestion, but as someone who hates doing lifeskills I'm not a fan.  The game is already forcing me to spend hours a day gathering, the last thing I want is to be forced into doing even more life skills beyond that.  This would result in us gathering on our mains, then swapping to alts with high energy to process or cook or w/e.

Mob drops:  This one would benefit me most, as I like grinding.  But it would deincentivize group grinding as the shards would go to special deals constantly.  This wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but people would definitely spend WAY less time group grinding than they do already.  Meaning more people fighting over limited space.  It is also likely that the drop rates wouldn't be adjusted very well, so killing pre valencia mobs in bulk would result in more shards.  That means that guilds like the one I'm in would abandon crescent shrine and come back to sausans with their 200+ average AP - slowing noobies ability to catch up.  Honestly, leave them off of mob drops!

The only option that seems feasible to me, would be to let us turn in hunter seals for them at like 30-50 seals per....or to make them a possible drop from daily/weekly bosses

Posted

I think they should sell shards in the cashop. 

Posted

The only option that seems feasible to me, would be to let us turn in hunter seals for them at like 30-50 seals per....or to make them a possible drop from daily/weekly bosses

oooo hunter seals. i like this.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

these are essentially all gathering. click button. Wait for progress bar, potentially receive shard. 

Gathering and farming are both, literally, gathering.

Farming is just placing a gathering node yourself and waiting for it to be gatherable.

I would love to see hunter seals, 30 for a hard, 50 for a sharp.... and as I look back to this post I see Ackilles just suggested it too.

Of the suggestions I voted for other life skills because at least then I'm not forced to gather if I prefer to do other life skills... basically any life skill that takes energy just took a back seat to gathering and forget cooking or alch (for me anyways).

Edited by bakimono

Posted

oooo hunter seals. i like this.

OOooo

Myself, as well as a lot of other people I know, have like 800+ hunter seals just sitting in their storage because they don't need blackstones to spam anymore (except for failstacks but you don't even need that many stones for failstacking lol).

I think this is a great idea

Posted

You all are super lazy. 

Posted

OOooo

Myself, as well as a lot of other people I know, have like 800+ hunter seals just sitting in their storage because they don't need blackstones to spam anymore (except for failstacks but you don't even need that many stones for failstacking lol).

I think this is a great idea

Wait until you go for full TRI, you'll see those 400 armor stones vanish really fast. We'll then have cry threads about  lack of hunter seals. 

People did not prepare and are now spamming about not being able to catch up with others who bought shards at 1/3 mill each. You had weeks, now wait a few weeks for things to calm down. You cba to prepare? Well you should cba about complaining.

Posted

what he said. this game shouldn't become only about grinding mobs to get wtf u want. that stupid and boring and a dead game

agree, you shouldnt be grinding sheep (which are mobs), rocks, herbs etc to get hard/sharp stones that stupid and buring and a dead game

Posted

agree, you shouldnt be grinding sheep (which are mobs), rocks, herbs etc to get hard/sharp stones that stupid and buring and a dead game

Grinding already has tons of incentives: experience, turnin loot, trash loot, rare drops. The economy side of this game had a good boost from encouraging gathering. If you don't like it, grind the money and buy them, wtf.

2 people like this