• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Daum should add new ways to get Sharp and Hard shards. Maybe Red Battle Field Tokens?

What else should give Sharp and Hard shards?   237 votes

1. 1. What else should give Sharp and Hard shards?

• Red Battle field tokens
    • Monsters should drop shards
    • Bosses should drop shards
    • Other lifeskills should drop shards
    • All of the above
    • Only gathering should drop shards
    • None of the above (please reply with recommendation)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

86 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'd really like to have something to spend my RBF tokens on that doesn't involve 0.01% chance of sniping the marketplace. 

they are going to add RBF versions of other gems I believe. 

EN9Ll6n.png?1

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

it's not ignorant. what I'm stating here is there is a shortage of shards on the market. that is a fact. it is also a fact that the amount of gathering players do is not enough to prevent the market shortage. 
I'm not saying there aren't a lot of players that don't gather. I'm saying there aren't enough to keep up with market demand. So in order to correct that you need to make decisions which reflect this very real
discrepancy. 

To say it's fair just because normal enhancements drop off mobs so shards should drop from gathering isn't looking at actual market conditions or player behavior. 

i would argue the reason for the shortage is that gathering requires energy and gives way less benefits than grinding and the update just came out. Give it a bit and I feel I might get better. But I just feel people are being dumb saying that it's bad to have gathering be the only way to get them and want them from grinding when grinding gives literally almost every other benefit in the game. We have to grind to do anything. We have to grind for money to do life skills at all, or gather everything ourselves! I personally like grinding but I know people who don't. I don't think it's fair to think everything should cater you one side and ignore the fact some people want to gather and will make no money once again if they allow these to drop other ways.

Posted

i would argue the reason for the shortage is that gathering requires energy and gives way less benefits than grinding and the update just came out. Give it a bit and I feel I might get better. But I just feel people are being dumb saying that it's bad to have gathering be the only way to get them and want them from grinding when grinding gives literally almost every other benefit in the game. We have to grind to do anything. We have to grind for money to do life skills at all, or gather everything ourselves! I personally like grinding but I know people who don't. I don't think it's fair to think everything should cater you one side and ignore the fact some people want to gather and will make no money once again if they allow these to drop other ways.

and I'm not even suggesting grinding be the only alternate way to get shards. that's why I made the thread. There certainly could be some creative idea out there which would add to the fun of this game while allowing people to obtain shards. 

Posted

I think gathering is fine, but I think that the higher level your gathering is, the higher the chance you get one as a proc when gathering.  Give some incentive to want to level your gathering beyond the random occasional (once every 300 energy) shard you may get...

Posted

and I'm not even suggesting grinding be the only alternate way to get shards. that's why I made the thread. There certainly could be some creative idea out there which would add to the fun of this game while allowing people to obtain shards. 

i agree with that, I think other life skills would be the best idea personally. I just didnt like how you said most everyone prefers grinding when I don't necessarily agree with that

I think gathering is fine, but I think that the higher level your gathering is, the higher the chance you get one as a proc when gathering.  Give some incentive to want to level your gathering beyond the random occasional (once every 300 energy) shard you may get...

higher gathering = you don't use energy all the time. At pro 9 I tend to not use energy 1/3 to 1/2 of the time which is super nice. Also gathering things like tulips north of calpheon is fast and the tulips can be used to make tea.

Posted

So the majority complaints about it only coming from gathering yet (seeing here in the chart) wants to keep gathering as the only source? Glad we dont have to take only the largest opinion into consideration for change.

In fact when you pick "all of the above" you can add all the 4 other statements and add them into one sum that clearly outweights the opinion to keep it only in gathering.

Great, lets go @GM_Dew

Posted

Gathering is fine, just increase the drop rate a little bit. 

Posted

So the majority complaints about it only coming from gathering yet (seeing here in the chart) wants to keep gathering as the only source? Glad we dont have to take only the largest opinion into consideration for change.

In fact when you pick "all of the above" you can add all the 4 other statements and add them into one sum that clearly outweights the opinion to keep it only in gathering.

Great, lets go @GM_Dew

i mean... the poll results in this thread are probably kinda irrelevant beyond discussing between ourselves. Probably not indicative of the larger population. Mainly used to poll to frame the discussion around there being multiple ways to address this situation. 

Posted

i mean if this was some weird alternate reality where people liked gathering as much as they liked killing monsters maybe we wouldn't have the availability complaints. But thats not the world we live in and we need real solutions of these real shortages. There's no point in debated hypotheticals. We need decisions based on actual player behavior and market conditions. 

Do you have comparative data on the amount of black stones that were going on the market less than a week after launch?

I've actually been keeping an eye on the marketplace over the weekend and I'm actually a bit shocked at the amount of shards (and concentrated black stones) that are put up, and how many times I looked at the market to see shards listed (ie, not gone through pre-order).

On Uno, on Friday just over 7K sharp shards had been sold since they came out. Last night that number had gone up to way over 8k (I actually think it was almost 9k, but I'm not near the game right now and can't check).  Armor shards numbers were also well over 2k sold between Friday and last night. 

So it seems to me plenty of people are selling the shards.

Posted

these are essentially all gathering. click button. Wait for progress bar, potentially receive shard. 

And mob grinding is what?

Click buttons, go to next while pets loot for you.

Explain how this is significantly different.

i mean... the poll results in this thread are probably kinda irrelevant beyond discussing between ourselves. Probably not indicative of the larger population. Mainly used to poll to frame the discussion around there being multiple ways to address this situation. 

yeah, sure. But didn't you say "if this was some weird alternate reality where people liked gathering as much as they liked killing monsters" in a different reply?

So the poll is irrelevant but YOUR assessment IS relevant? Really? Sorry, not buying what you're selling. On the other hand  plenty of people ARE buying what I've been selling; hard and sharp black crystals...many each day.

Posted

All the above.

However let me specify: They should never be a common item. they're intended to be sought after. But I think them being acquirable in more ways to accommodate playstyles will only be a good thing.

Posted

Gathering is ez breezy.

Posted

There are already other ways

Posted

Should be able to exchange hunter seals for shards.

Posted

So now that we all agree gathering is boring as hell, what's another way you guys think would be good for getting sharps n hards? 

I think RBF would be good. It already has a gear cap version so everyone can participate. 

Maybe drop off monsters?

I believe you can get them from whaling too. 

idk what do you guys think? Should there be another way to get them aside from gathering at all? If so, what? 

Poll is biased. There is no change nothing option.

Posted (edited)

What we need is more gatherers. Im doing my part, just today I sold 18 Concentrated Black Stones.

C'mon carebears unite and feed the "pvp'ers" (I mean PVE grinders)!!! o/

Or Daum could just make the drop rate be related to gathering skill ;)

Edited by SegovaxPT

Posted

Increase the RNG on my family account. Spending 1500 energy on gathering and no shards at all is just ridiculous.

Posted (edited)

I would say some monsters drop those sharp/hard shards, but only from deserted grind area such as wandering rogues, marni 2nd lab, centaurs, waragons where people usually do not want to go because they are bad in both exp and money. It should somewhat help with problem that places like sausan/crescent temple are overcrowded. Elite monsters dropping them would be quite ok too.

If not, rather keep it gathering only because life skill efficiency is really bad compared to grinding right now, even with current sharp/hard prices. Grinding is already way too efficient compared to life skills.

Making shards exchangeable with red seal from battlefield will rather cause much more frustration to PvP people who are already sick of people just entering battlefield for quest and afking at spawn etc. 

We do not have content updated that those golems in mediah(gravestone/wilderness etc) have higher chance of dropping sharp shards from barehanded gathering on dead golems. If it is updated, hopefully it will be a bit easier to obtain sharp. (for example, people in KR get 2~6  sharp per hour, but need to consider they have awakening so they kill much faster)

Gathering hunted mobs(crocodile, whale etc) has higher chance of getting shards too. Would love to see more people doing the new contents.

Edited by Shumie

Posted

yeah, sure. But didn't you say "if this was some weird alternate reality where people liked gathering as much as they liked killing monsters" in a different reply?

So the poll is irrelevant but YOUR assessment IS relevant? Really? Sorry, not buying what you're selling. On the other hand  plenty of people ARE buying what I've been selling; hard and sharp black crystals...many each day.

The only thing that is irrelevant are the illogical comparisons you are making between my responses to entirely different parts of the overall argument. But as much as I love explaining shit to randoms on the internet, I'm gonna go ahead and pass on that opportunity.

Poll is biased. There is no change nothing option.

Sorry the "only shards from gathering" option was supposed to be the "do nothing" option. I suppose it's not 100% accurate since you can get a few from quests and farming technically isn't gathering. 

Posted

All of the above

Posted

How about giving a CHANCE of getting those from bundles from new "Disco Ball" scrolls? 

Just a thought. 

Posted

Restore energy cost on processing and make them drop from every profession; gathering with lucky tools should still have the highest proc chance

Posted

As many like myself didnt pick this game up to Gather 24/7, Farm 24/7.
I hope for there sake they add a  Decent way to get them Soon, they already lost players due to it & the unbalance, many still here are hanging on by a thread because of the same issue...... a very short, cut, thread. Other mmos might be "Crap" but theres balance in gear & doesnt force you to do gathering/farming to gear up & continue on.

Posted

The only thing that is irrelevant are the illogical comparisons you are making between my responses to entirely different parts of the overall argument. But as much as I love explaining shit to randoms on the internet, I'm gonna go ahead and pass on that opportunity.

And I pretty much have no desire to pay any attention to the mutterings of "randoms on the Internet"...particularly ones that make no sense like you.

Posted

Personally, the only suggestion that I have liked so far is the chance to possibly get them from daily/weekly bosses.
However, not as a drop. I think it should only be a chance from the reward bags for those who summon them.
This means that it isn't just anyone can leech for them, but you have to be online at least once a day to get your own scroll to contribute.

Though there was someone who suggested hunter tokens for them, I think the amount for this was too low.
It would make it way too easy to get the shards.

I am in support of gathering being the essential way to get them, though.
I haven't personally gotten into farming, but my favorite seems to be mining.
I rather enjoy exploring and trying to find 'secret caves' or specific spots where nodes spawn.
i.e. I found a mythril ore near a waterfall. You couldn't get it without a little effort.
So far I am only skilled 10 in both gathering and processing, but I like the gathering aspect.
Processing is just one of those things I do while afk.
I really wish they would make it interactive somehow.
Like... hit so and so keys, or time it properly, etc. to get good results.
Whereas afk processing would yield results too, but less in the end.
Get what I mean? O.o I hope that makes sense.