• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Stop Saying WoW is an Easy Game

109 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yeah this thread isn't going to be popular and people will hate on it but seriously people saying WoW is an easy game and how this game is sooo much harder and more hardcore. There is nothing hardcore about grinding the same easy brainless mob over and over again for hours on end. This game has no rated arena or battleground play and thank god for that. The balancing suck in this game.

Fact is... World of Warcraft is far more competitive and hardcore. If your one of those person that plays LFR and think you've completed the entire game. LOL

If you think WoW is easy then by all means please add my battletag and link me your rank 1 gladiator title and world first mythic kill. Other than that please stop kidding yourself.  Ashbenzo#1908 

Edited by Gumo
4 people like this

Posted

WoW is an easy game.

32 people like this

Posted

WoW is a western mmo and western mmo's are a -----ing trainwreck and incredibly horrible 

next thing you're gonna tell me gw2 is a hard mmo and competitive and im dead laughing 

tera's 3v3 back in the day was better than the entire wow 

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

This should be in offtopic I think.

WoW was hard, in vanilla, when you needed to complete tasks in a sequence. Example: Original 40 naxx, less than 25 guilds in US completed it, think about that for a brief moment. less than 0.1% completed the original because the gear and skill mindset it required was that you had to have full tier 2 and tier 2.5 at least, and even then it was hard, the pots and flasks requirments was insane, and the resist gear some stuff needed was immense. You needed 50-60 people geared, and to do so you first needed to do MC, in order to manage BWL, and BWL in order to properly manage AQ40, and then, once all of those where under the belt and peopel mostly had full gear from AQ40 and the least BWL, you could start to poke into Naxx40.

Those where good times, those made WoW fun. the times where "no, you can't see everything, if you want everything you need to dedicate, if you can't that is not our problem."

But after that, if you can't see how WoW has been lowered so that everyone can get stuff, then I dunno, gear in wow vastly helps, this is why the past expansion in at least PVE, you only really had 2 guilds who meant something, Method and Paragon (whos kinda vanished now as well along with a tonne of other top tier guilds because the state of the game is so poor) they where the only ones with the proper mindset to get things done and had the capacity to on average throw themselves 150~~ times at each boss (some less some more) to learn their tactics in mythic, hardcore and normal pose no challange or new stuff on patch and expansion release as these things are well documented, cleared, and farmed on alpha an beta (which is another disgustingly poor thing, be in the beta or you wont play it as a new game as everything is seen and well documented)

For the average joe not in the top mega guilds, you practically get top tier loot for doing dingo jack, IE, garrisons, and in legion, hey, want random top tier loot legendaries? well they can drop from the world apparantly (unless they changed that)

PVP in WoW is dreadfull, world pve is dead, and again, unless you are in the top 0.5% you will end up facing endless waves of russian bots, or mindless zergs and dingos in BGS which at their end has absolutely zero meaning. (go in, win\lose, go out, queue, repeat)

So let it go, don't be the mindless fanboy, keep the wow shit to MMO-C where the fanboyism and "WoWis the best" circlejerks live on for some odd reason. I played for 11 years and always subbed, but the dumbfounded shit that wow is now made me unsub before starting to play BDO, it used to be great, but lets face it, it really isnt. (And hey remembr how people say activisi... sorry blizzard listens to their players? And how every player about legion cried about the garrison v.2 with your own little dudes getting you stuff, and how bad the garrison missions where? Blizzard listened and the 3rd quest you get in legion is being forced to do a garrsion mission for your artifact wep :') not hating but its kind of beyond stupid.)

Edited by Kezha
5 people like this

Posted

WoW is a western mmo and western mmo's are a -----ing trainwreck and incredibly horrible 

next thing you're gonna tell me gw2 is a hard mmo and competitive and im dead laughing 

tera's 3v3 back in the day was better than the entire wow 

It's hard not to attack your stupidity... There has never been a game that has sustained the play-base numbers Wow has over it's life-span, making your comment ridiculously stupid. WoW was never a game for me, but i'm not stupid enough to say that a western made mmo is terrible because I don't like it, as numbers speak, ratings speak, money speaks even louder than my opinion.

It's kids like you that created the saying "kids should be seen but not heard"

Fyi, no Korean mmo has ever come close to WoW in popularity, as the majority of the world enjoys more than just grinding, doesn't enjoy stupid RNG or p2w cash shops. Only when WoW started deploying this cash shop crap has it seen a dramatic drop in players, plus apparently the last expansion was rubbish...? 

L2Think

3 people like this

Posted

Ex-bleeding edge raider here.  The hardest part of WoW was herding 40 people through raid content.

5 people like this

Posted

L2Think

numbers speak because blizzard was already big from warcraft + starcraft + were super famous and back then asians weren't even that much of gamers so whoever wanted to play pc stuff would usually flock to games made by western companies as the rest of the world was still catching up on that and the only reason wow sustained a playerbase is because it  already had fans beforehand

I almost always ignore your posts in every thread because you're unintelligent sub-human primate that has nothing smart to contribute to a conversation

also lineage 2 was infinitely much better and more competitive than WoW and anyone that wasn't a monkey that played whatever blizzard throws on the table knew this and played l2 instead

Everybody knows blizzard and their games but that doesn't make them good, fact. I've played lots of blizzard games over the years and that doesn't make me unable to see that the company is overhyped and overrated as hell and that they are mostly what they are due to lucky circumstances and advertisement 

1 person likes this

Posted

snip

Post BC WoW was all about on demand gratification. In the end everybody blames the devs, when in fact they adapted their game to the exact same people we have here spamming the forums all day long because they can't get garanteed daily shards (or whatever else of high value, really).

I'm not trying to discuss wther post BC WoW is good or bad or whatever, but when BDO players who do like the game shit on WoW players, we basically just say no to that type of game design.

Instant gratification was the death of an entire generation of MMOs, and i'm fairly certain there's a lot of us here who are very satisfied BDO revives the era, with added more modern mechanics on top of it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's hard not to attack your stupidity... There has never been a game that has sustained the play-base numbers Wow has over it's life-span, making your comment ridiculously stupid. WoW was never a game for me, but i'm not stupid enough to say that a western made mmo is terrible because I don't like it, as numbers speak, ratings speak, money speaks even louder than my opinion.

It's kids like you that created the saying "kids should be seen but not heard"

Fyi, no Korean mmo has ever come close to WoW in popularity, as the majority of the world enjoys more than just grinding, doesn't enjoy stupid RNG or p2w cash shops. Only when WoW started deploying this cash shop crap has it seen a dramatic drop in players, plus apparently the last expansion was rubbish...? 

L2Think

WoW was a popular game from a popular developer, if anything when at it's height and everyone I knew play, most people played because "well everyone in class plays, litteraly everyone at school plays.." Thinking back that i've clocked in the well over 1200 days in 11 years I subbed.. I should realyl get out more...

Many western MMO's have become more and more "welfare" where "if you play, you can get and experience everything!", eastern MMO's don't have that, not for free at least. here in the west its mostly you'll find the mentality that "but i bought the game, i'm entitled to get everything and see everything, i demand it" just look at the BDO forums and search a bit, the first 3 weeks where almost insufferable with plebs demanding things.

WoW has been on a steady decline since WOTLK, Cata was a dissaster, MOP looked pretty but was horrible in terms of actuall playability, WoD started amazing, it removed a lot of the new and started out fairly close to the roots of what pre WOTLK was, but that quickly drained away, the massive boost WOD gave in playernumbers and how it went into freefall since shows that, it even made blizzard "eh we are not gonna release player numbers for uhm... reasons, totally not because the game is at a sub freefall ololololol"

I'm not gonna lie though, Blizzard makes amazing games, and I largely don't blame blizzard themselves for the issues, I largely blame activision, the bastards who stopped the new MMO Titan, which was shut down because of that other console FPS MMO which was to similar whos also owned by activision, and instead we get Overwatch, imagine Overwatch as an MMO, just think how damn amazing that could have been, activision and their mindset is a worse cancer in the gaming industry than EA but hey

Post BC WoW was all about on demand gratification. In the end everybody blames the devs, when in fact they adapted their game to the exact same people we have here spamming the forums all day long because they can't get garanteed daily shards (or whatever else of high value, really).

I'm not trying to discuss wther post BC WoW is good or bad or whatever, but when BDO players who do like the game shit on WoW players, we basically just say no to that type of game design.

Instant gratification was the death of an entire generation of MMOs, and i'm fairly certain there's a lot of us here who are very satisfied BDO revives the era, with added more modern mechanics on top of it.

Pretty much, instant gratification explained it a lot better just like the guy I quoted above me :P

I love when in games I'm forced to dedicate, and if I want something I truly have to work for it, RNG or not RNG, I really do not like when a game holds my hand and gives me stuff, yes I might have spent $60 or $500, but I still don't want to be hand held <,<

Edited by Kezha

Posted (edited)

numbers speak because blizzard was already big from warcraft + starcraft + were super famous and back then asians weren't even that much of gamers so whoever wanted to play pc stuff would usually flock to games made by western companies as the rest of the world was still catching up on that and the only reason wow sustained a playerbase is because it  already had fans beforehand

I almost always ignore your posts in every thread because you're unintelligent sub-human primate that has nothing smart to contribute to a conversation

also lineage 2 was infinitely much better and more competitive than WoW and anyone that wasn't a monkey that played whatever blizzard throws on the table knew this and played l2 instead

Everybody knows blizzard and their games but that doesn't make them good, fact. I've played lots of blizzard games over the years and that doesn't make me unable to see that the company is overhyped and overrated as hell and that they are mostly what they are due to lucky circumstances and advertisement 

They have still retained over 5 million subscribers.. NO Korean mmo, NO Japanese mmo and NO Chinese mmo has even come half way to that, let alone the 12 million + they sustained for over 10 years. I didn't play WoW, but I have to give respect to where it's due

You and intelligence are an oxymoron

Edited by klm0sabl

Posted

lol wow is easy as your mom.

stripping skills, attributes, skilltree, functions for the causuals.

you are a funny liitle girl

Posted

They have still retained over 5 million subscribers.. NO Korean mmo, NO Japanese mmo and NO Chinese mmo has even come half way to that, let alone the 12 million + they sustained for over 10 years. I didn't play WoW, but I have to give respect to where it's due

You and intelligence are an oxymoron

Stop being the stupid fanboy at least, respect is due for pre WOTLK, after that it was a shitfest. wow sustained 10 million+ for roughly 3 years.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/276601/number-of-world-of-warcraft-subscribers-by-quarter/

Q315 was the last official callout (I believe, I quit my sub for the first time in Q16 and stopped following any updates or any news at all, because I want to try legion and enjoy the 3 weeks of joy it will give me whilst hopefully being a pleb again, which is hard after 11 years but hey to hoping) because its not going to well at the moment. 

Posted

Last hard mmo's I've played were Asheron's call and early SWG. WOW was fun for a bit, but not hard. 

Posted

I heard in chat that you can straight up pay for a max level toon, like pay Blizzard and you get a max toon...  If thats not P2W I dunno what is...  And people on here are complaining about dyes, cosmetics, pets or whatever else...  Like seriously...  GTFO with that nonsense.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

WoW as "HARD" play end with Burning Crusade... ok maybe Karazhan was LAST hard ride (before they nerf this)... before that game was hard... after that... i play from begining wow more than 8 year almost all time (free time, school then job etc, now if i think how many cash i spend for this game...).

Edited by Niebieski

Posted

WoW is easy

Posted

The problem is the definition of hard and easy.

BDO PvE is easy, because all it take is DPS, gear and grinding, no skills or tactics needed for any content outside of dodging world bosses. But some think its hard game due to the insane grind but grind is not hard, it just takes time, no skill.

Many other MMOs, I am sure WoW included I never played it, actually have hard PvE content that even the best guilds uses months to master.

2 people like this

Posted

why does it bother you? do you really think posting a bunch of videos will sway their opinion? plus, easy in the context is very subjective. i'm sure there are some easy aspects to World of Warcraft, and i'm sure there are some difficult ones as well. same applies to Black Desert.

Posted

Stop being the stupid fanboy at least, respect is due for pre WOTLK, after that it was a shitfest. wow sustained 10 million+ for roughly 3 years.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/276601/number-of-world-of-warcraft-subscribers-by-quarter/

Q315 was the last official callout (I believe, I quit my sub for the first time in Q16 and stopped following any updates or any news at all, because I want to try legion and enjoy the 3 weeks of joy it will give me whilst hopefully being a pleb again, which is hard after 11 years but hey to hoping) because its not going to well at the moment. 

I've never played WoW, as I stated, so it would be "stupid" to presume I was a fanboy... Regardless of the figures I quoted, it still retained and had more players than any mmo that I have heard of, for an incredibly long time, and my POINT, was that respect was due on the game as a whole. To say that western mmo's are a "train wreck" and "horrible", like my intellectually impaired friend on here quoted, is just stupid, going through puberty talk.

Korean mmo's have a terrible track record of turning into p2w, which apparently WoW has also now adopted, and I'd love for this beautiful looking game to not follow in the footsteps of past failures. Listening to your player-base is the key to a good mmo

Posted

WoW is easy but BDO is even more easy and stupid on top. you just need 20 hours time each day and you will be superduper pvp dude vs 90% of the servers.

your playtime is your skill

Posted

Yeah this thread isn't going to be popular and people will hate on it but seriously people saying WoW is an easy game and how this game is sooo much harder and more hardcore. There is nothing hardcore about grinding the same easy brainless mob over and over again for hours on end. This game has no rated arena or battleground play and thank god for that. The balancing suck in this game.

Fact is... World of Warcraft is far more competitive and hardcore. If your one of those person that plays LFR and think you've completed the entire game. LOL

If you think WoW is easy then by all means please add my battletag and link me your rank 1 gladiator title and world first mythic kill. Other than that please stop kidding yourself.  Ashbenzo#1908 

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 u 0/8

1: RBF - ranking top 30 based upon points earned in rbf per channel

2: WoW is an easy game, you can get to max level by pay 2 win. The only time wow was not easy was in Vanilla

3: Who goes onto another game's forums to complain about the first mmo World of Warcraft? Go try to troll  another forums 

Posted

WoW is an easy game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Anyone who has raided in WoW and/or played serious PvP knows WoW has well balanced difficulty in PVE and extremely competitive PVP. 

Anyone saying differently are either trolls or regurgitating what they heard back in Cata when raiding was really a joke. They screwed up that expansion. But nothing is as polished difficulty wise and combat registration / fluidity. 

The latter is why I gravitate to BDO. Fluid and accurately registering combat is rare in MMOs especially. 

Edited by Crookid
1 person likes this

Posted

You again? lol
Just stick with wow if you like it so much.

You prob never touched the real part of wow, and only know the carebearized and casualized extensions. If you really think wow is "hard" "hardcore" or "skillful" you really need to get yourself checked. Or you just admit that you are the quintessence of the casual player.

Fact is, wow is easy af and the most casual mmo that you can find around. Everything is handed to you, and the only challenge is to realize that you need to "move out of fire".

Good for you if it makes you feel like you are a pro player, but you are not, and mythic or rank 1 arena doesn't impress anyone.

Wow lost it's "elite" player base long ago. Only the casuals are still there, because that crap game make them feel like they are relevant and good :')

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2400 is 2's/3's and 2100 in rbg's and i'm 13/13Mythic and currently #6 US Boomkin DPS Wise.

WoW is an easy game, playing at a world class level IS NOT.

Ironically only 1% of the playerbase does Mythic Raids, and not even 1% of the playerbase gets above 1800 in arenas. This is because people don't care about playing at that type of level in MMORPG's anymore mostly.

You don't need to play a game at a world class level to be successful. Some people only race indy races, and never do nascar. I was satisfied with 2400 and never tried for more. There's nothing mechanically hard in WoW, the PvE just requires 20 people to listen, and the PvP just requires you to have knowledge of how other classes play and to have correct muscle memory and thinking skills. Excepts every MMORPG has this.

Personally I'm quitting WoW and just sticking with GW2/BDO. I like how both of the games are easily accessible, and how I never fall behind in GW2. I can hop into GW2 whenever I want and PvE or PvP competitively while I spend most of my time in BDO ;o. I think on a competitive level WoW is shrinking. There's no real reason to do bosses anymore as the prestige is gone. You can experience all the content through LFR, so all you really have is ILVLs and gear, but that only goes so far. The actual content in both PvP/PvE aspects has dropped. WoW has lost almost 80% of it's PvP playerbase in the last 2 seasons alone, and kickbots still run rampant throughout 3v3 arena going unbanned, and 2200+ RBG's still see the occasional flying bear.

You'll see legion bring it's numbers back up but WoW is now on a trend. Every expansion it will lose people faster each time, WoW does not bring in many new players, infact MMORPG as a genre doesn't bring in many new players, so alot of people that are getting sick of WoW aren't coming back to it.

I believe we've already been through this though as I commented on your last thread and linked all my stuff.

Edited by Catclaw
2 people like this