• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Stop Saying WoW is an Easy Game

109 posts in this topic

Posted

I quit WoW in 2008 when this happened:

I was fighting as a warlock in Gruul's lair, which at the time was end game content. I suddenly got an average latency of about 20,000 ms. (and yes, i am not makign that up, that is 20 seconds). I could do all my actions, and i could move and target things, I was sending instructions, but not recieveing anything except in 20 second intervals after I made the command. i was basically playign blind.
I managed to perform my duty as warlock by banishing the demon pet on time, every time, as well as finish the raid with top dps. i did this jsut by repetition of movements as I had done in previous battles as well as predicting what would happen. (I was also benefited in that I never life tapped). basically if you knwo the battle then you can play the game blind folded.
If that is not easy then I do not know what is. There is no way you could play games like Wildstar, Age of Conan, or Black Desert in the same way, being blindfolded is simply not an option in such games.

I would agree that playign WoW pvp is challenging... but PvE, even in raiding, is simple enough that a bot can do it equally as efficiently.

Posted

What is WoW???

Posted

WoW? What is it? Some kind of mobil game? Ok-ok. It's Good game, just old and easy. I can't say "older than internet" but just because it's MMO and you have to have internet connection to use it. :D

Posted

Wow is so ridiculously easy come on... tired old mechanics, boring old rotation-based combat system. You have to be half-asleep to actually fail at these bosses now, even on the oh-so-fantastic mythic content (what a joke)

Posted

Wow is so ridiculously easy come on... tired old mechanics, boring old rotation-based combat system. You have to be half-asleep to actually fail at these bosses now, even on the oh-so-fantastic mythic content (what a joke)

It's still 10 times harder than BDO. BDO doesn't have any hard content. Everything is easy. :)

Posted

They have still retained over 5 million subscribers.. NO Korean mmo, NO Japanese mmo and NO Chinese mmo has even come half way to that, let alone the 12 million + they sustained for over 10 years. I didn't play WoW, but I have to give respect to where it's due

You and intelligence are an oxymoron

Afaik the new FFXIV had more active subcribers a few months back.

Not sure how many that is but hey, it's a Japanese MMO that seems to have topped WoW for a period of time

Posted

2400 is 2's/3's and 2100 in rbg's and i'm 13/13Mythic and currently #6 US Boomkin DPS Wise.

WoW is an easy game, playing at a world class level IS NOT.

Ironically only 1% of the playerbase does Mythic Raids, and not even 1% of the playerbase gets above 1800 in arenas. This is because people don't care about playing at that type of level in MMORPG's anymore mostly.

You don't need to play a game at a world class level to be successful. Some people only race indy races, and never do nascar. I was satisfied with 2400 and never tried for more. There's nothing mechanically hard in WoW, the PvE just requires 20 people to listen, and the PvP just requires you to have knowledge of how other classes play and to have correct muscle memory and thinking skills. Excepts every MMORPG has this.

Personally I'm quitting WoW and just sticking with GW2/BDO. I like how both of the games are easily accessible, and how I never fall behind in GW2. I can hop into GW2 whenever I want and PvE or PvP competitively while I spend most of my time in BDO ;o. I think on a competitive level WoW is shrinking. There's no real reason to do bosses anymore as the prestige is gone. You can experience all the content through LFR, so all you really have is ILVLs and gear, but that only goes so far. The actual content in both PvP/PvE aspects has dropped. WoW has lost almost 80% of it's PvP playerbase in the last 2 seasons alone, and kickbots still run rampant throughout 3v3 arena going unbanned, and 2200+ RBG's still see the occasional flying bear.

You'll see legion bring it's numbers back up but WoW is now on a trend. Every expansion it will lose people faster each time, WoW does not bring in many new players, infact MMORPG as a genre doesn't bring in many new players, so alot of people that are getting sick of WoW aren't coming back to it.

I believe we've already been through this though as I commented on your last thread and linked all my stuff.

The funny thing is, they're losing people faster and faster *because* they are making it too easy, i feel. Vanilla and TBC were the most difficult, arguably, and drove the numbers up almost exponentially. WotLK was the peak at around Ulduar (best raid in the game imho), but after the argent tournament was released and their new raiding philosophy was launched (which also started the trend for the other systems in the game) the subscriber numbers started dropping fast.

The hard raids and almost unattainable gear and awesome bosses were a big reason why people kept playing for so long. There was always something to look forward to, whether you actually got to see it eventually or not didn't matter. The game wasn't holding back on you, you just had to 'git gud'. It might seem archaic nowadays, or even strange, as it's basically busy therapy - But it brought in the money.

It's only logical that if you allow people to experience *all* content on easy mode as quickly as possible, they will get bored a lot faster and will quit the game. What's there to look forward to? They don't care about mythic raids, why do that when they already 'finished' raiding in LFR? They don't care about arena's or bg's - Too much effort and frustration with and against other players for rewards which only force you to deal with the same thing all over again. Pet battles? Garrisons? Right. Professions? As useless as they have been since wotlk. At least in vanilla and tbc there were some incredibly useful - and sometimes even necessary - items you could get from professions alone, making them actually useful and letting people contribute in alternative ways. 

Blizzard just completely missed what made WoW really tick, and - wrongly - assumed that in order to increase its success even more was to lower the bar.

They have still retained over 5 million subscribers.. NO Korean mmo, NO Japanese mmo and NO Chinese mmo has even come half way to that, let alone the 12 million + they sustained for over 10 years. I didn't play WoW, but I have to give respect to where it's due

You and intelligence are an oxymoron

The 12 million peak was around the time of the Ulduar patch in WotLK. After the argent tournament, sub numbers started dropped until about 8-10m at the end of wotlk. There was a new peak around cata with 10m, but after that the numbers just kept dropping and dropping to the (less than) 5m they have currently. It's still a lot, i grant you that, but there's a pattern to be found here. Just because it has 5m doesn't mean it's not getting worse, and could not have been made better.

Posted

Afaik the new FFXIV had more active subcribers a few months back.

Not sure how many that is but hey, it's a Japanese MMO that seems to have topped WoW for a period of time

Is FFXIV any good?

Posted

Is FFXIV any good?

I hear only good things about it but don't play myself. Played early access and couldn't progress because of a bug but at the time it was a gorgeous game. They must be doing something right to be one of the last few subbed MMOs out there.

1 person likes this

Posted

WoW is an Easy Game!

Posted

As a fully warforged and gem slot mythic geared mage, that is ranked in the top 20 US, WoW has never been a hard game. It's a never ending repeat mechanic theme park game. I've completed every raid, at the highest level difficulty, while current, since BC. The game has never been about difficulty. You literally have the same raid now, with 3 levels of difficulty. Each difficulty raises the hp's, and damage output of the boss mobs, and 1 or 2 additional mechanics that are easily handled by any group that pays moderate attention.

The only thing difficult thing about WoW, is you trying to take up for a game that has gone almost an entire year without endgame content being added. Nobody has to give you their Bnet for justification. PvP has been dead in WoW since Mid Mist of Pandaria. Also, anyone can buy gladiator for about 100 bucks from Asian farmers.....

You're just a mindless failboy that can't come to terms with the downward spiral of your game. Something that is a relic of a bygone era. I could literally dwarf your accounts accomplishments in just one year of my playing history. BDO is the next generation of mmorpg. No amount of nostalgia can deny that WoW is dying. My entire guild was one of the first NA guilds to get Legion Alpha invites. Guess what? Legion is nothing more than WoD part deux, with a uncreative skin. WoW devs are creatively bankrupt.

Posted

L2Think

I am sorry, but gambling is also addictive, but not very good. Soooo....if many players play it after so many years of outdated content and getting worse, it is addiction to the game, not because it is any good at the moment. Let's be real, in it's prime, it WAS the one of best games, MMO's, ever. Not anymore, and player count doesn't mean a thing anymore. Most of those players play it because of good bait, marketing, it IS Blizzard. 

Fun, and addiction, are completely different things. 

Posted

It's still 10 times harder than BDO. BDO doesn't have any hard content. Everything is easy. :)

That may be true, but wow is still not a difficult game. PvE-wise all you have to do is stay awake really.

Posted

That may be true, but wow is still not a difficult game. PvE-wise all you have to do is stay awake really.

If it would be easy everybody would kill all raid bosses before nerfs. :D

Posted

WoW is the first MMO

Posted (edited)

Let me guess, he posted this so people add him and see his awesome achievements in WoW.

Nice way to brag about something...

...not !

Edited by Brainy
Almost forgot: WoW is an easy game.

Posted

I am sorry, but gambling is also addictive, but not very good. Soooo....if many players play it after so many years of outdated content and getting worse, it is addiction to the game, not because it is any good at the moment. Let's be real, in it's prime, it WAS the one of best games, MMO's, ever. Not anymore, and player count doesn't mean a thing anymore. Most of those players play it because of good bait, marketing, it IS Blizzard. 
Fun, and addiction, are completely different things. 

Agreed, I was more focussing on his broad statement about Western mmo's. Personally WoW never interested me, so I never bothered to play it, but kudos has to go to Blizzard, they have done very well for themselves and had great success.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah this thread isn't going to be popular and people will hate on it but seriously people saying WoW is an easy game and how this game is sooo much harder and more hardcore. There is nothing hardcore about grinding the same easy brainless mob over and over again for hours on end. This game has no rated arena or battleground play and thank god for that. The balancing suck in this game.

Fact is... World of Warcraft is far more competitive and hardcore. If your one of those person that plays LFR and think you've completed the entire game. LOL

If you think WoW is easy then by all means please add my battletag and link me your rank 1 gladiator title and world first mythic kill. Other than that please stop kidding yourself.  Ashbenzo#1908 

Ill tell you why its an Easy game. you can buy everything you want with real money... you cant do that in BDO... meaning its more Hardcore lol. WoW is dead... get over it.

Posted

Ill tell you why its an Easy game. you can buy everything you want with real money... you cant do that in BDO... meaning its more Hardcore lol. WoW is dead... get over it.

Can you buy world first kill?

Posted

Can you buy world first kill?

Who the fck care about 1st goblin/ork kill in the games? That is only who log in-who run faster thing. :D

Or boss kill?

Posted

Agreed, I was more focussing on his broad statement about Western mmo's. Personally WoW never interested me, so I never bothered to play it, but kudos has to go to Blizzard, they have done very well for themselves and had great success.

Yup, excellent work.

Posted

Who the fck care about 1st goblin/ork kill in the games? That is only who log in-who run faster thing. :D

Or boss kill?

Competitive players care i heard.

Posted

Yeah this thread isn't going to be popular and people will hate on it but seriously people saying WoW is an easy game and how this game is sooo much harder and more hardcore. There is nothing hardcore about grinding the same easy brainless mob over and over again for hours on end. This game has no rated arena or battleground play and thank god for that. The balancing suck in this game.

Fact is... World of Warcraft is far more competitive and hardcore. If your one of those person that plays LFR and think you've completed the entire game. LOL

If you think WoW is easy then by all means please add my battletag and link me your rank 1 gladiator title and world first mythic kill. Other than that please stop kidding yourself.  Ashbenzo#1908 

wow is game for pussies, that couldn't handle real games

Posted

they hurt your feelings?

Posted

i taught we were all playing bdo waiting for legion to come out.