• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Steel or Bronze Dagger once you hit TRI Liverto bow?

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Title says it all. I'm fairly new to Ranger (main a Sorc) and playing it mostly for PVE farming, though I'd like the option open for PVP down the road. I've been using Bronze Dagger but I'm wondering if I should Ultimate the Steel one now that I have my bow at TRI. I'd love the counsel of the people here!

Posted

Bronze for PvP until you hit your Bheg gloves. Steel always better in PvE unless you're lower than level 55.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Bronze for PvP until you hit your Bheg gloves. Steel always better in PvE unless you're lower than level 55.

I would personally say that Bronze is mandatory for PvP regardless of Bheg's Gloves: Take into consideration that your opponents do get additional evasion from having DUO/TRI armor. And then there's Muskan boots.

Sounds reasonable to question wether a few levels worth of accuracy gained on both a liverto and bheg's can counter the evasion gained from leveling up 4 pieces of armor. I'd say no, but that's all hypothetical.

Edited by whatev

Posted

I've always used steel and ive never had problems with dealing damage.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've always used steel and ive never had problems with dealing damage.

this, also have tri steel

2 people like this

Posted

Always take the Steel Dagger :) Before the update Krea was also good in PvP after the change, but at the moment you have to play with the Steel Dagger :)

Posted

Steel Dagger, no problem with damaage with BHeg gloves

Posted

This depends on where you are going to grind atm I notice a boost in speed in Valencia running bronze vs steel (only lvl 57 though and no boss gloves) while grinding crestent guardians and even when doing pirates I seem to reg more mana back from all attacks for some odd reason running bronze.

I mean atm I like steel due to it giving me more ap to look at but without bheg gloves I find myself using bronze for most anything I do atm.

Posted

Title says it all. I'm fairly new to Ranger (main a Sorc) and playing it mostly for PVE farming, though I'd like the option open for PVP down the road. I've been using Bronze Dagger but I'm wondering if I should Ultimate the Steel one now that I have my bow at TRI. I'd love the counsel of the people here!

This question is a common one which splits most rangers opinions on the forums. My opinion is Steel with the additional AP you get from going to DUO/TRI it just exceeds the Bronze Dagger imo. Some of the top and most knowledgeable rangers are split between the two.

But to be honest it is really not hard right not to get both at least +15 and test what works for you, to me from what I have read and experienced against Zerkers, Valks and Warrior the bronze dagger is much better in PvP. Everything else the Steel Dagger can melt people(if you have the other gear of course.)

If you want to just get one to stick to and your not purely focusing PvP. I'd get bronze for the accuracy on WBosses and Valencia mobs, you can always change later the daggers always sell. :)

Posted

Ranger 56 here.

Right after valencia patch I checked mobs with both steel and bronze +15.

To kill centaurs I needed 8 shotguns with steel dagger and only 6 with bronze. Not only centaurs, but all mobs there I could kill more easyly with bronze dagger.

For red battlefield after few matches I can see that bronze dagger is a lot better. It requires less number of shotguns to kill people (could not be accurate - people are random each time).

From the other side, I do a lot more damage to world bosses (and have better loot) and sousans monsters with steel dagger.

So my personal thoughs are: bronze for pvp and valencia mobs, steel for world/field bosses and everything else. With higher lvl than 56 I thing for Valencia mobs steel dagger will be better so I will upgrade it further and keep my bronze at +15 for pvp and valencia.

P.S. I dont have bheg gloves.

Posted

Steel dagger no matter what. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you for all the replies! I should have put some more information in there. I'm currently level 56. I have +15 Steel and +15 Bronze. I was mostly grinding out at Pirates before Valencia and noticed Bronze doing more damage (probably hitting more then) so I stuck with it. I don't have Bheg's Gloves, but now with the TRI bow I didn't know if I should concentrate on the Steel Dagger.

Based on the replies here, it seems mixed. xD

I guess I'll try to PRI them both just in case and see where I go from there until something more definitive comes up.

Posted

and that is why i have both...  

Posted

love when people have 0 accuracy and all AP they miss 50% of thier hits on my TRI armor 252dp

2 people like this

Posted

would keep bronze +15 for pvp and enchant steel for pve and so you got it ready when you get bheg gloves

1 person likes this

Posted

Blue and Ult Bronze dagger gets an additional 2 accuracy over the green.  I'm probably going to keep my bronze at blue +15 and get my steel to TRI.

TRI Ultimate Steel Dagger: 34 AP

TRI Ultimate Bronze Dagger: 17 AP 3DP 7ACC +Hidden ACC

Posted

With a tri weapon and duo/tri offhand steel dagger is so much stronger, you hit a bit less, but the extra damage you do far exceeds the accuracy imo, especially since you should be 57-58 this patch if you're actually wanting to pvp or do valencia mobs efficiently.

Posted

With a tri weapon and duo/tri offhand steel dagger is so much stronger, you hit a bit less, but the extra damage you do far exceeds the accuracy imo, especially since you should be 57-58 this patch if you're actually wanting to pvp or do valencia mobs efficiently.

I think anyone 56 or above should be using Steel Dagger. and indeed you will miss a few hits, but the damage/burst that you gain justifies it in the long run.

Posted

TRI Liverto + PRI Steel + PRI Bhegs - No issue with accuracy here.

Posted

TRI Liverto + PRI Steel + PRI Bhegs - No issue with accuracy here.

Duh. Nobody needs accuracy offhand after getting bheg gloves +15 or above..

Posted

Duh. Nobody needs accuracy offhand after getting bheg gloves +15 or above..

Muskan shoes Bheg to differ

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just gonna post this here, if you seriously NEED the accuracy for pvp situations, party concentration elixirs are pretty bloody broken, it's like drinking a +12 bronze dagger for 10 minutes and they cost so little to make them.

http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/19/

Sidenote, if you choose to spam make concentration elixirs you'll get a crapload of blue ones for easymode pvp damage, and you get a plethora of greens, turn them into parties or keep them solo, either way i have nearly 1k of them sitting in my bank as a side effect of going for blues, i can pop them like candy and have the buff up for pretty much an entire week if i so chose.

Tri liverto and steel dagger, with an accuracy party elixir will do infinitely more for you than a tri bronze dagger with any other potion imo. To run party frenzies (closest thing to damage buff that you could get vs accuracy elixir) will cost you pretty much an arm and a leg to continue popping for pvp situation, it also comes with a dp loss.

http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/5/

Edited by Intimacy
2 people like this

Posted

Just gonna post this here, if you seriously NEED the accuracy for pvp situations, party concentration elixirs are pretty bloody broken, it's like drinking a +12 bronze dagger for 10 minutes and they cost so little to make them.

http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/19/

Sidenote, if you choose to spam make concentration elixirs you'll get a crapload of blue ones for easymode pvp damage, and you get a plethora of greens, turn them into parties or keep them solo, either way i have nearly 1k of them sitting in my bank as a side effect of going for blues, i can pop them like candy and have the buff up for pretty much an entire week if i so chose.

Tri liverto and steel dagger, with an accuracy party elixir will do infinitely more for you than a tri bronze dagger with any other potion imo. To run party frenzies (closest thing to damage buff that you could get vs accuracy elixir) will cost you pretty much an arm and a leg to continue popping for pvp situation, it also comes with a dp loss.

http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/5/

That's a pretty good suggestion mate. Have you tested it to make sure the accuracy on it isn't bugged like for foods?

Posted

That's a pretty good suggestion mate. Have you tested it to make sure the accuracy on it isn't bugged like for foods?

Yes, accuracy isn't bugged on the elixirs

Posted

I'm gonna craft those elixirs *.*

I thought they are more complicated to craft them, so didn't look into them. But they are also super cheap on market.