• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Steel or Bronze Dagger once you hit TRI Liverto bow?

37 posts in this topic

Posted

With a tri weapon and duo/tri offhand steel dagger is so much stronger, you hit a bit less, but the extra damage you do far exceeds the accuracy imo, especially since you should be 57-58 this patch if you're actually wanting to pvp or do valencia mobs efficiently.

59 or noob veritas slacker.

: )

Posted (edited)

Bronze+grunil is only a 10ap difference with steel. Nouver is the one you want to go with bhegs.

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Posted

Bronze+grunil is only a 10ap difference with steel. Nouver is the one you want to go with bhegs.

You never count grunil ap into any equation for damage.

Posted (edited)

wew_lad.thumb.png.656447a7831874598210f0

Why don't you try calming down, ok?

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Posted

For those who have been reproducing steel>bronze in PVE, I have been in doubt based on anecdotal evidence.
As a ranger lv 56 dealing with grey/green mobs such as Manes or Helms that I do normally for dailies, I wouldn't say bronze has noticeable difference in draining their hp out compared to steel.
Not sure why, probably we must have some "basic" accuracy threshold needing to meet?
OR >50lv mobs are having way more DP than like >40lv mobs. 
In this case, even if we are higher in level (that we have more accuracy granted based on levels), we are still lacking a lot of accuracy (swapping from bronze to steel).

Posted

Interesting part here is nobody is talking about their accessories; I would think Steel vs. Bronze would also highly be based on Accessories (Acc vs. AP) prior to Bheg's...

I run all Accuracy accessories with the Ancient Necklack and belt (for acc) and switching to Steel (from Bronze) I farm quicker. So there seems to be some sort of "cap" or "sweet spot" with accuracy. Not sure what that number is...

Posted (edited)

Interesting part here is nobody is talking about their accessories; I would think Steel vs. Bronze would also highly be based on Accessories (Acc vs. AP) prior to Bheg's...

I run all Accuracy accessories with the Ancient Necklack and belt (for acc) and switching to Steel (from Bronze) I farm quicker. So there seems to be some sort of "cap" or "sweet spot" with accuracy. Not sure what that number is...

I have heard even with bhegs bronze dagger has merits. Just not really in pve. I'll be able to find out for myself once I get some bhegs up to tri because I already use tri bronze.

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Posted

The effectiveness of accuracy depends on how much dmg reduction and evasion (both hiddens stats for the most part) your target has. Many players agree that you "cant go wrong" with AP. At the same time, people note that it is useful for them against bosses or PvP. It completely depends on your target.

Regardless of if you have TRI Liverto, I think people should carry around both daggers. If you can't afford that, I'd say you "cant go wrong" with AP (Steel). 

I also agree with you that there IS a "sweetspot" with accuracy. Small theory I have is that accuracy loses effectiveness once it surpasses the opponent's evade. General consensus is that once you have Liverto and Bhegs, you don't really have to worry about Acc (since it probably reaches that "sweetspot")

Posted

With a tri weapon and duo/tri offhand steel dagger is so much stronger, you hit a bit less, but the extra damage you do far exceeds the accuracy imo, especially since you should be 57-58 this patch if you're actually wanting to pvp or do valencia mobs efficiently.

For the valencia mobs part, I am actually planning to do some serious grinding but not right now, it will be months from now as I will be having a long holiday since then. As far as I know, valencia mobs are mostly red or even purple to me (56 right now). And I don't think I will be having a Bheg's gloves or even an enchanted one in these days. So the best shot will be keep progressing my bronze? It is right now +15 ultimate. Your advice?

Posted

For the valencia mobs part, I am actually planning to do some serious grinding but not right now, it will be months from now as I will be having a long holiday since then. As far as I know, valencia mobs are mostly red or even purple to me (56 right now). And I don't think I will be having a Bheg's gloves or even an enchanted one in these days. So the best shot will be keep progressing my bronze? It is right now +15 ultimate. Your advice?

I'm pretty much a giant steel dagger humper, i'd suggest running a steel and popping http://bddatabase.net/us/item/701/ (Party version) since they're super cheap to make.

Posted

You don't need bronze for Valencia. Been grinding Crescent and Naga at lvl 57 just fine without it or Bheg.  Only been using the event medal which gives nominal accuracy and it could be replaced by elixirs when they are gone.  Even tested it vs the Crescent Guardians last night, took the same number of shotguns to kill it.

1 person likes this

Posted

You don't need bronze for Valencia. Been grinding Crescent and Naga at lvl 57 just fine without it or Bheg.  Only been using the event medal which gives nominal accuracy and it could be replaced by elixirs when they are gone.  Even tested it vs the Crescent Guardians last night, took the same number of shotguns to kill it.

steel dagger scales much better after 15 than bronze imo. Steel is definitely worth using over bronze, as you said at 57 accuracy in pve seems fine