• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I think some people miss the impact of the DF nerf...from a gameplay and fun perspective..

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

0006.thumb.gif.cfe1453ea37522850707cb14d

Edited by Vashy

Posted

If you think Sorceress are performing on the same level as every other class when it comes to grinding you're absolutely delusional.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you think Sorceress are performing on the same level as every other class when it comes to grinding you're absolutely delusional.

Made a ranger, got him to 50, cleared helms faster then my 56 sorc.  Once level 52 I cleared sausans faster then my sorc as well.  Going to start just playing this ranger because it is far more enjoyable to grind on.  Ill go back to sorc once awakening comes out.

Edited by Caedes_Asero

Posted

Believe me when I say, my sorc is far worse at grinding now than she ever was before the patch. But like others I am just going to level as much as I can and wait for awakening or potential some alternative change. 

One thing I will say which is nice, you see ALOT less Sorc's around now, but I cannot get over the sheer amount of wiz/witches and rangers, they are EVERYWHERE

1 person likes this

Posted

Believe me when I say, my sorc is far worse at grinding now than she ever was before the patch. But like others I am just going to level as much as I can and wait for awakening or potential some alternative change. 

One thing I will say which is nice, you see ALOT less Sorc's around now, but I cannot get over the sheer amount of wiz/witches and rangers, they are EVERYWHERE

This is the only saving grace; there are less of us around. This is why the thought of re-rolling to another overpopulated class like Witch or Wizard is an abhorrent concept to me. Yes I have special snowflake syndrome. (For the record I did make a Wizard and they are shocking effective at every single thing, which is what made me realize what a terrible state we're in).

Posted

This is the only saving grace; there are less of us around. This is why the thought of re-rolling to another overpopulated class like Witch or Wizard is an abhorrent concept to me. Yes I have special snowflake syndrome. (For the record I did make a Wizard and they are shocking effective at every single thing, which is what made me realize what a terrible state we're in).

I have a 56 witch, and I wholeheartedly agree with your final observation :D. I love my sorc too much, I tried to move to the witch, but my sorc is my only love and if they remain mediocre for months....well so be it...I will keep on trucking

Posted

I have a 56 witch, and I wholeheartedly agree with your final observation :D. I love my sorc too much, I tried to move to the witch, but my sorc is my only love and if they remain mediocre for months....well so be it...I will keep on trucking

I got mine to 40... found it extremely simple and boring to play.

Posted

I got mine to 40... found it extremely simple and boring to play.

I just didn't like the stop-start-stop-start type gameplay of it, but wasn't my cup of tea, it didn't feel smooth at all. I can understand why people enjoy it, but it just wasn't for me

Posted

First off, I did reroll to wizard for now. I didn't do it entirely because of the change to DF, but it certainly helped fuel it. I do wholeheartedly believe DF did too much damage but I do think that it was overnerfed. It's quite easy to tell that just the 100% critical on DF isn't just gone but the actual damage even without critical is gone. 

The main problem is that a main and filler skill had damage reduced so greatly not counting the 100% critical fix at the same time everyone got a very significant HP boost.

On top of that only Shadow Eruption saw a buff but due to lag/desync and just how unreliable a stagger into kick and SE combo can be on top of how vulnerable you become going for the combo on a squishy class, It just isn't enough alone to cover the spread. A few more skills needed a slight buff IMO to weave in more skills for more diversity and damage output. Shard explosion is a 30 second cool down in which although not hard you have to build shards for. Equally geared, equally skilled open world PvP a sorc does not pose a threat to anyone ATM.

Completely one shotting a class is too much, but a single target class that is the sorc that is advertised and recognized as being a nuke type assassin class still needs to do enough damage fast enough to require a response from back line protectors to protect rangers and wizards if a sorc flanks. The problem is, what is the intended main event of pvp in bdo? Node wars and that  should be 75% of what is considered for balancing.  You can't have an effective assassin in node wars and a class that doesn't accel in 1v1 at the same time. Each class needs a purpose.

Sorry this was so long, I have remained silent as a full time sorc player since launch until gearing a wizard to better benefit my guild in node wars and my thoughts are coming out at once. I will return to sorc as it is hands down the most fun character I have played in any game.

1 person likes this