• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO is turning "P2W"?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

33947fbdcacd7c5f2736bc81b482cbb3.png

I realize those stones are not in the game YET, but why would they have added the information to the enhancement window, if they wouldn't be adding this feature relatively soon? FeelsBadMan

Posted (edited)

Hopefully it's just lazy patching. A copy and paste job from a patch translated from KR. Hopefully

Edited by Nspnsp

Posted

I'm leaving this game if this gets implemented.

2 people like this

Posted

I'd be surprised if it doesn't come. ----- it, bring it on I guess. 

Posted

I'm leaving this game if this gets implemented.

bye

Posted

Casuals will be able to compete with the no lifers. This is good.

Posted

It's probably eventually coming

Posted (edited)

This has happened before when people would pop the +50% combat xp scroll from loyalty shop, they would get a message saying it doesn't stack with the subscription pack that is in KR, not NA/EU. We had that UI message in our game since launch, but still haven't gotten that subscription pack, everyone just chill.

Also, Reddit has confirmed that they are NOT in our version.

Edited by Sandy
1 person likes this

Posted

I am already throwing my wallet at the screen.

Posted

I really hope this crap doesnt get added......

1 person likes this

Posted

casuals don't spend money on mmos.

Posted

finaly someone said it.

Posted

If it does ever get added they will probably add a way to earn it in game.

Posted

lmao you think people who invest so much of their time in this game would mind swiping to win.. even more? lawl

Posted

Just like pets, dyes, and costumes....

Posted

look foward to it people

Posted

really?? I am ccasual because of work and I will throw my credit card at the screen. 

prefer to spend money than grind with no time 

1 person likes this

Posted

Not this one, no. Others yes, quite a bit. You'd be surprised how much the casual folk like costumes and other fluff.

Posted (edited)

If it ever does come, it'll be a loyalty item.  However we aren't getting it now so I don't see why we'll get it later.  Currently it's just a mistranslation/buggy code leftovers from PA copy/pasting since we don't actually get them from pearl box purchases, nor are we able to use them in the UI if we did manage to get one.

@OP
Spreading misinformation when you don't know shit isn't how you get it confirmed.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

This is money in the bank for Daum.  Why not, I have no problems with it.

Posted (edited)

Turned out so well in every other p2w game, right?

It's basically "legal cheating". It shits on the effort other people put into the game and it makes them feel less good about their efforts in the game world. The only difference between p2w and using exploits and hacks and bots is that the publisher is selling the product of bypassing doing something for it but still getting progression.

This Valks Cry thing probably won't be the nail in the coffin, but we're getting there faster than even most cynical people thought.

The best way to make casuals and hardcores not have too big of a gap in character strength is to reduce gear scaling, especially at higher enhancement ranks. Other things that would also help is to remove untouchability stats like accuracy/eva, cc resist and cc resist penetration, and to have DR and/or AP scale in a different way in relation to each other, because a lot of DR compared to AP seems to make someone basically immortal, so it appears like its not really damage mitigation %, but some kind of flat scaling or a mixed scaling, which is really bad for lower geared players.

Idk why so many people are so eager for the possibility throw money at a problem created by game design instead of having the game design changed, and ignoring the possible problems that come out of having the possibility to throw money at the game for strength progression. Having gear matter less is obviously the better solution.

Edited by Clearing
1 person likes this

Posted

If, instead of pearl boxes, they were in the loyalty store and bound to family on acquire, I could live with them.

Posted

The item "Valks Cry" was originally packed as a bonus item inside Pearl Boxes, and is still available in other regions.  We specifically removed this item from our version of the game to prevent the advantages it would offer.  It has never been a part of our version and has no place in our version.

2 people like this

Posted

Where did you see this, did they finally add my maid?

Posted (edited)

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/99635-patch-notes-july-6th/&do=findComment&comment=1333472 

The item "Valks Cry" was originally packed as a bonus item inside Pearl Boxes, and is still available in other regions.  We specifically removed this item from our version of the game to prevent the advantages it would offer.  It has never been a part of our version and has no place in our version.

Edited by xDrac
2 people like this